export public folder data?

Am in the process of performing an Alternate server recovery of an Exchange
2003 Information Store. The reason being that on the current server all the
email has dissappeared from the public folder mail folders...its a very
strange situation indeed. Hoping that by restoring an earlier backup to a
different machine we can see if the emails will return. If they do, is there
a way I could export the contents of these folders back into the current info
store? I gather that Exmerge will only work on Mailboxes and not Public
Folders...

Many thanks in advance,

Neil
0
Nell (7)

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:58:48 -0700, "Nell"
<Nell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Am in the process of performing an Alternate server recovery of an Exchange
>2003 Information Store. The reason being that on the current server all the
>email has dissappeared from the public folder mail folders...its a very
>strange situation indeed. Hoping that by restoring an earlier backup to a
>different machine we can see if the emails will return. If they do, is there
>a way I could export the contents of these folders back into the current info
>store? I gather that Exmerge will only work on Mailboxes and not Public
>Folders...
>
>Many thanks in advance,

You can export them to a pst from Outlook.
If you have deleted item retention enabled on the public store and it
is within the retention time, you can restore those folders from
within Outlook, OWA or use pfdavadmin

>Neil
0
adavid (8731)
8/19/2005 5:07:31 PM
"Nell" <Nell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Am in the process of performing an Alternate server recovery of an Exchange
>2003 Information Store. The reason being that on the current server all the
>email has dissappeared from the public folder mail folders...its a very
>strange situation indeed. Hoping that by restoring an earlier backup to a
>different machine we can see if the emails will return. If they do, is there
>a way I could export the contents of these folders back into the current info
>store? I gather that Exmerge will only work on Mailboxes and not Public
>Folders...

That's correct. You'll have to copy the stuff to PSTs and them move it
back to the public folders.

But, if you have deleted item recovery set on those folders you may be
able to just select the folder and use the "Tools | Recover deleted
items..." menu.

This KB article describes how to enable the recovery of items that
have been "hard deleted" from folders:

How to use Exchange Server 5.5 or Exchange 2000 Server to recover
items that are not first transferred to the Deleted Items folder in
Outlook [178630]

Deleted items are not available after you use "Recover Deleted Items"
in Outlook 2003 [886205]

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

One of the users asked me about the 'Limits' tab in the properties dialog of
the public folder store. In particular they asked me about the Deletion
Settings and Age Limits. If there are no entries in these fields will the
items and folders be kept indefinately?

Nell

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:58:48 -0700, "Nell"
> <Nell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Am in the process of performing an Alternate server recovery of an Exchange
> >2003 Information Store. The reason being that on the current server all the
> >email has dissappeared from the public folder mail folders...its a very
> >strange situation indeed. Hoping that by restoring an earlier backup to a
> >different machine we can see if the emails will return. If they do, is there
> >a way I could export the contents of these folders back into the current info
> >store? I gather that Exmerge will only work on Mailboxes and not Public
> >Folders...
> >
> >Many thanks in advance,
>
> You can export them to a pst from Outlook.
> If you have deleted item retention enabled on the public store and it
> is within the retention time, you can restore those folders from
> within Outlook, OWA or use pfdavadmin
>

> >Neil

0
Nell (7)
8/22/2005 12:49:38 PM
"Nell" <Nell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>One of the users asked me about the 'Limits' tab in the properties dialog of
>the public folder store. In particular they asked me about the Deletion
>Settings and Age Limits. If there are no entries in these fields will the
>items and folders be kept indefinately?

No, they'll be lost almost immediately.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Outlook Express Deletes Folders
Using Outlook Express. I went do delete an email from my created inbox folder (which then contains a number of sub- folders) by the usual "shift+delete" method and instead of bringing up the confirmation dialog that folder and all its subs just vanished! I have looked in the store folder and all the DBX files are just gone... I've just lost a few thousand emails from over 3 years, any ideas what has happend and maybe how I can get them back? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlo...

Offline folder problems #2

Public Folder link to Excel File

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Macro

macros entering data

OWA Calendar
Hello, Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have some sort of tools to do this? Users could still make changes through Outlook and we would like to be able to display the calendar on our website. Thoughts? TIA, Jason "Jason King" <jasonk@bham.wednet.edu> wrote in message news:%230ps86yIFHA.2136@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to publish a public folder calendar (that users currently > make changes to in Outlook) to a web page? Does Exchange have so...

find data and autopaste when found

Disappearing data in sync'd forms

Calculating Subsets of Data
I have data for records that can span between 1 to 16 months.. I want to be able to calculate the average activity for the most recent six months in a query and be able to display that in a report. I can create the calculation in the query for the entire duration of months for each record but am stuck on how to have it choose only the most recent six months of data to do the calculation and understand that the six months may really only be between 1 to 6 months of data.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..My skill level is somewhere between meatball surgeon and ki...

CRM Error

Outlook 2007 "Move to folder" default setting
By default, in Outlook 2007, when you right-click on a message and select "Move to Folder", the initial folder selected is the last folder that a message has been moved into. Is there a way to have this option always default to Inbox? Thanks much for the help! No, but you can also directly move the message to your Inbox folder via drag & drop instead of using the Move To dialog for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...