export/import Exchange mail

Please let me know if this can be done:
1.	I have two Exchange servers running in different domains A and B
2.	Server A has 10 users and have email and AD entries for these users
3.	Server A is a new box and only has AD entries and no email in email
boxes

Is there a way to export the mail messages, and other records from the
old Exchange mail boxes of the server A and then  import it into the
corresponding mailboxes of a new Server B?

ibsys

0
ibsystems (6)

If they're in the same forest, the both Exchange servers should be in the
same organization, and you can use the Move Mailbox Wizard.

If they're not in the same forest, then you can use something like Exmerge
to move the data.  You may lose things like rules and permissions, though.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"ibsys" <ibsystems@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Please let me know if this can be done:
> 1. I have two Exchange servers running in different domains A and B
> 2. Server A has 10 users and have email and AD entries for these users
> 3. Server A is a new box and only has AD entries and no email in email
> boxes
>
> Is there a way to export the mail messages, and other records from the
> old Exchange mail boxes of the server A and then  import it into the
> corresponding mailboxes of a new Server B?
>
> ibsys

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Exchange 2007 and Antivirus
Hi! I'm running a small server wich is a x64 machine, with W2K3 R2 and Exchange Server 2007 installed. Since it's for a small and medium business, my client a bit tight on budget. What are the most suitable (and affordable) Antivirus solutions (no Anti Spam feature required) available on the market? (beware: it's a 64 bits machine) Help appreciated. Nicolas Hi Nick, Most of the antivirus do support 64 bit. What we will suggest, why not you look into Microsoft Forefront? Cheers "Nicolas Macarez" wrote: > Hi! > I'm running a small server wich is a x64 mac...

Live Mail Question Please
If this is not the correct group for a Live Mail question please direct me. Simple question. I use Live Mail only for newsgroups (Win 7 of course). Is there a way to set it up to boot to Newgroups as the default screen as opposed to Mail (I always have to then click on Newsgroups)? Thanks in advance... Bob Yes, this is not the correct newsgroup, but see this: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop&tid=a4dc3494-0dfc-4893-a5ef-8eb1bb2d7ff9&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1 WLMail can b...

Importing web objects (?)
Hi, does anyone know if its possible to import a web chart in Excel (i.e. a web query). For example I would like in import one of the Google Finance charts to show up in excel. Google provides a link, but I can't see an easy way to implement this. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Nelson On Jan 24, 9:28=A0am, Nelson <bni...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, does anyone know if its possible to import a web chart in Excel > (i.e. a web query). For example I would like in import one of the > Google Finance charts to show up in excel. > > Google provides a link, ...

RSS Feed of Exchange Resource Calendar...
Has anyone heard of, or figured out a way to produce an RSS feed from a resource calendar? We are looking to use this as a feed to our Digital Signage solution. Thank you in advance! Brad -- Bradley Johnson Systems Engineer Parallel Technologies Minneapolis, MN ...

CRM Exchange Router 05-26-06
Hello, I am using CRM 3.0 and installed router services on exchange 2003 machine. During installation of router i had created crm@domain.com user in AD and added to crm mailbox now i want to deploy rule so that router sends incoming mails on support@domain.com to CRM (and creates activity in crm) Can anybody guide me, how can i acheive this? I will appreciate any help :-) thanx & regards, Here you go: 1. Settings >> Business Units >> Queues >> create a Queue with email matching support@domain.com 2. Perform the Microsoft CRM Rule Deployment wizard on the Que...

Mails
Hi I have 500 user in my organization and one of the user is facing a very strange problem like whenever he send mail to anyone on the from field we are getting the full AD path. Could anyone help me in resolving this issue he is very senior most person in our organisation. Help will be highly thankfull. Regards, ...

Style not importing correctly from template
I am using Word 2007. I am working on "Document A", and I want to import all styles from "Template 1." So, I follow these steps: 1. On Developer tab, click Document Template. 2. On Templates and Add-ins window, click Organizer. 3. On Organizer tab, I close the Normal.dot template on the source side. 4. I make sure the document name is showing on the target side. 5. I copy ALL the styles from Template 1 to Document A. When I open Document A, it does not retain all of the formatting details of the styles in Template 1. For example, Heading 3 does not come...

automatic list of e-mail subjects
I would like to list the subject names of whole e-mails in my INBOX (including all subfolders of Inbox). How can i do that by code? I think that will be wonderfull, I'm looking for something like that since a year because i can't program anything... I will be even more powerfull if the list could be shared on a server and automatically load to every users. This will sell like cookie since a lot of company work with porject number and custumer, rules for filtering could also be manage on the server by only one person as the subject list also. "mezzanine1974" wrote: &...

WHY CAN'T I SEND MY E-MAILS? THEY WIND UP UNSENT IN OUTBOX.
Why can't I send my e-mails? The wind up unsent in outlook. Version? do they change when you look in the outbox? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/outbox.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "PatA" <PatA@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Importing distribution list.
Hi, Hopefully have a quick easy question... One of our users has created a distribution list within Outlook 2007 with 80 odd external e-mail addresses. They now have asked us to move the distribution list from her outlook contact into the GAL. How do i do this without having to manually create a new distribution list and manually add each e-mail address. PS. we are running Exchange 2007 Thanks for any help For5six "For5six" <for5six@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:d3d8c245-010d-4e8a-bf55-5904579ae839@g1g2000vbr.googlegroups.com... > One of our us...

OUTGOING MASS MAILINGS
We have Outlook 2003 with Windows XP (all running with all the latest patches). We use Act! version 6.0 to generate mailing lists which we use to send out monthly newsletters. Act builds the messages and sends them to Outlook's 'Drafts" folder. Oulook then proceeds to send out the emails. We send out groups of 100 emails at a time (since Act can't handle more than 120 mass emails in this manner) until we have generated emails for all of our 1200 contacts. We always wait for all the messages to be sent out so the Outbox folder is empty when we start generating ...

Because the Exchange MTA is disabled, the store driver...
I suddenly have a huge problem on my exchange 2003 (running on SBS). Trying to fix the not running Exchange MTA (Bad ideer, is it was ok in the not running state DOH) service I uninstalled the SMTP service, and reinstalled it! The result of that was a smashed Exchange server. Now I can't get it to relay for any of my domains anymore, and everytime someone send an email, the Event log on my server will tell me that It cant deliver the Email because the Exchange MTA service is not running. Could you please help me get it back up and running, or at least give me some clues ...

E-mail Marketing Newsletters
I am attempting to create an html newsletter for e-mailing to my current clients. I have spent numerous hours trying to create a professional looking newsletter in html format with links to various information on the web using Publisher 2003. I have been experienceing the flaws of html format newsletters with text and graphics reacting in different ways per the program used to open and view them. Is an html format newsletter the best way to achieve a dynamic newsletter my clients can use as a resource to locate items on the web via links or should I be going down a totally different pa...

Exchange 5.5 Backup problem with Arcserve Backup v9
I just installed Arcserve Backup Agent for Exchange on my NT sp6 with exchange 5.5 sp4. The base product was installed on the backup server (win2k) with the tape drive. I scheduled a backup on the backup server, to backup the Exchange 5.5 server. It failed with error message: "Invaild username or password was submitted". I was not prompted for username or password when scheduling the backup job. Any idea will be appreciated. WS wrote: > I just installed Arcserve Backup Agent for Exchange on my NT sp6 with > exchange 5.5 sp4. > The base product was installed on the backu...

Signature option disappears when using word as e-mail editor
Hello, I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. Any advice? Thanks! Jeff Jeff Brooks-Manas wrote: > Hello, > > I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, > I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to > use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. > > Any advice? > > Thanks! > > Jeff The signature option within ...

Visio2k7 has two PDF export methods
I have a floorplan diagram that is 20"x20". On the diagram, there is metadata for the shapes of the offices that tells you the person's name, phone #, etc. When I use the "Publish as PDF or XPS", the Image is exported properly, as shown in the link below: http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/2676/error1kn6.jpg But none of the metadata comes across - and there's no option to include it either that I can find. However, if you use the "Convert to Adobe PDF" option, you get the opposite: http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/2893/error2ou8.jpg The i...

Can I export Distribution Lists?
A different department has asked us for a copy of all our distribution lists, members of those lists, their smtp e-mail addresses, x500 addresses, as well as group owners and who has rights to send to thos lists. How do I get that? We have about 100 distribution lists each with about 100 users. We are running Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000. Thanks Hi Boe, - Scripting this would produce much more readable output. I was able to modify a script I wrote a while back for general use. Posted to blog: http://www.suneja.com/blog/2006/02/script-list-distribution-groups.html It doesn't hav...

import pdf table

Spinning off a division into a new company
Our company recently sold off one of our divisions. My supervisor wants us to take one of our stand-alone Exchange servers, move all the mailboxes from that division from the cluster to the stand-alone server, and then break the network connection between the stand-alone Exchagne server and the rest of the Exchange environment. As a part of this, a similar thing will be done with AD. 2 weeks later, this "child" domain will be migrated into the new company AD/Exchange structure. My question is whether this will work. I would prefer to set up a new domain and just migrate t...

Exchange 2003 MTA pooling
Is it possible to setup Exchange 2003 to perform pooling when sending messages out via X.400? So for example, if I have 4 X.400 connectors with the same address space that go to different external MTAs, can I set the cost to 1 on all the connectors and Exchange will decide which connector to use? What are you connecting to on the remote side - Routing Groups within the same Org or external MTAs to external messaging systems? If it's the former (connecting Routing Groups), no true load-balancing (assume that's what you mean by "pooling") is performed between X.400 Conne...

Exchange 5.5 in AD question
Hello all- Running exch 5.5 sp4 on a windows 2000 server in a NT 4 domain - one site, one server - about 650 mailboxes - 40GB IS - works perfectly. My goals for 07 are: Upgrade domain to AD Upgrade 5.5 to 2000 Upgrade 2000 to 2003 My thought process is that I really would rather do in-place upgrades, and it seems like I can if I follow that patter (I know you can't go in-place from 5.5 to 2000). My question is about the first step. I know that in mixed-mode AD, the exchange 5.5 box will 'think' it's in a legacy NT4 domain. On the weekend that I upgrade the domain t...

how can make a mail copy to a group
i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users how can i do this ? i just know how to make a copy to one copy thx On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 01:03:12 +0800, "tequila" <tequila529@gmail.com> wrote: >i using win 2003 , exchange 2003 >if have a user mail need forward ( make a copy ) to many users >how can i do this ? > >i just know how to make a copy to one copy >thx > > Have you looked at creating a Dirstribution Group within Active Directory Users & Computers? You can mail enable it and make a number of...

Serucity Patch and Outlook 2000 Mail Merge
We use Outlook with an Exchange server. Outlook 2000 with latest update and Exchange 5.5SP4 plus updates. We have a contact folder and started a mail merge from Outlook. It works great and we're able to use, add, test, and confirm the fields and formats that we like. We are using it to merge into an email message. Everything works fine. One item we'd like to get around when sending the merge to Outlook it prompts twice at every contact - once asking if we want to allow access to Outlook and to this prompt we can respond allow access for x minutes. This prompt is ok because when mergi...

Outlook 2007 doesnt receive all mail
Just loaded Outlook 2007 onto my Vista laptop. After some juggleing I have managed to set up two POP mail based email addresses under one profile. So to test the system I have been sending messages to and from a hotmail live account I have. If I send to both addresses, only one arrives in the inbox. I fI sedn seperate messages to it - only the one to the other account comes through???? So each account will receive some messages indicating the set up is right but not on every occasion. Anyone got any suggestions for this? Have you also installed Microsoft Outlook Connector? If n...

Rule to delete junk mail does not always work
I have created a rule to delete any mail which contain certain characters or words. This appears to work sometimes but some of the mail containing these words still gets through (usually finish up in the Junk mail folder). When I run the rule on the Junk Mail folder these emails get deleted! So the rule would seem to be ok. Any idea why the rule does not always work? Al PE <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote: > I have created a rule to delete any mail which contain certain > characters or words. This appears to work sometimes but some of the > mail containing these words ...