EXMON for HTTP connections

I'm having some pretty serious performance problems with my exchange servers.
 I'm used to opening up exmon.exe and finding my offending user and getting
it resolved right away.

In this case, the problem appears to be coming from Entourage clients, but I
can’t get much detail on what these clients are doing.  What I know is that
if I disable http access to the server from everything but the webaccess
front end servers, performance returns to normal.  Anyone know how I can
monitor the details of utilization by user for http connections like
exmon.exe does for MAPI connections?

More:
One issue is that I don’t have much input on the client side of things, it
looks like most are running 11.0+ according to the log:

(Entourage/11.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+PPC+Mac+OS+X+10.4.7;+Tasman+1.0))

I’ve read that you want them running at least 11.2, is there any way to
control this from the server?

Thanks,
Joe

0
Joe (497)

Try running a packet sniffer and find out what type of traffic is being
sent from these clients, should give you an idea of the clients are
doing.

James Chong
MCSE M+, S+, MCTS, Security+
msexchangetips.blogspot.com
ftp://mail.msexchange911.net/

Joe wrote:
> I'm having some pretty serious performance problems with my exchange servers.
>  I'm used to opening up exmon.exe and finding my offending user and getting
> it resolved right away.
>
> In this case, the problem appears to be coming from Entourage clients, but I
> can't get much detail on what these clients are doing.  What I know is that
> if I disable http access to the server from everything but the webaccess
> front end servers, performance returns to normal.  Anyone know how I can
> monitor the details of utilization by user for http connections like
> exmon.exe does for MAPI connections?
>
> More:
> One issue is that I don't have much input on the client side of things, it
> looks like most are running 11.0+ according to the log:
>
> (Entourage/11.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+PPC+Mac+OS+X+10.4.7;+Tasman+1.0))
>
> I've read that you want them running at least 11.2, is there any way to
> control this from the server?
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

0
jamestechman (1266)

HTTP Error 401.2
Hi, I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on my Domain controller running windows 2003 standard server and email router on exchange 2003. My local ip subnet is 172.0.0.x With ms vpn connection, I can access to ms crm by using outlook 2003 or internet explorer by opening the default ms crm page remotely. However, if i connect to ms crm with different subnet 10.0.0.x, i cannot connect to ms crm. 10.0.0.x subnet is routed to 172.0.0.x, where my users normally login email from the exchange 2003. What puzzle me is why i can authenticate from exchange 2003 but not ms crm server on using the same...

Database connectivity
Hi, I am trying to connect MSFlexGrid with databse in VC++. Using the application wizard i was able to create a pointer to the database table I want to use. I am able to connect the controls like edit box etc but not MSFlexGrid. Can anyone give me the line of code to connect it. Thanx in advance. Regards, Arjun It's not just a line of code, it take a little more than that. After you put the flexgrid control on your dialog did you right click on it and say Add Variable, and add a control variable. When you do that it will actually create an h file that will be the wrapper for the fl...

connecting to web
i have a yahoo account and i can not get windows email to work it keeps telling me a error server not found need kelp "sweenew" <sweenew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04B4E7C3-3839-4753-A558-0ACDDCC6B88F@microsoft.com... >i have a yahoo account and i can not get windows email to work it keeps > telling me a error server not found need kelp If it is a free Yahoo account in the US, then it is not supported in WM. If not a free address, then copy - paste the error message here to your reply. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS]...

Is an internet connection required
The computer has no modem. Is an internet connection required to install .NET FRAMEWORK v2? On 5/27/2010 7:56 PM, b11_ wrote: > The computer has no modem. Is an internet connection required to install .NET > FRAMEWORK v2? An installer program for some utility which may require .Net might assume this and try downloading it. Are you possibly installing an application from the CDROM which requires .Net? -- Mike I discovered that one of the .NET Framework versions (v3.5 I think) requires an internet connection in order to install .NET Framework. As you can see in ...

Connected Outlook to Exchange Server by Mistake
I have just loaded Outlook 2003. When connecting using the wizard I unfortunately clicked on Exchange Server instead of POP. Now it says Outlook cannot log into exchange server and automatically logs out of outlook. I have tried unloading Outlook and reloading it, but it now assumes Exchange Server is present and Outlook logs itself out. How can I revert to an ordinary POP connection? Regards Evan You can edit the mail profile's account settings to remove the Exchange = account and add a POP account by using the Mail applet in Control Panel. = Or just delete the first profile...

maximum number of server connections on IMAP server
Hi, Does Outlook 2002/2003 has such setting on its mail account configuration? I found this setting on Mozilla Thunderbird and can't locate it on Outlook. We need to configure this setting in order to get our email clients working properly. Thanks I'm not 100% sure here, but I do believe that you would set this limit on the server side. Have never seen this option in Outlook, but then I might have missed it. OM wrote: > Hi, > > Does Outlook 2002/2003 has such setting on its mail account > configuration? I found this setting on Mozilla Thunderbird and can't &...

Connect to sub-form without Parent/Child link
Hi, I’m running Access via Office XP Pro on Windows 7. General Question (specific question is at end of discussion): I have a form with two sub-forms on it. Each sub-form is in a tab control. There is no direct Parent / Child link to the second sub-form. How do I do this? Goal: To create a screen that allows me to enter my parts orders by vendor receipt. Background: I have a repair shop where most of the parts are ordered as we need them. The repairs are so varied; it is hard to maintain an inventory of parts because they are so specialized. We have a few parts ...

HTTP file down load
I have to write one program for download file from URL ,with resume, pause, stop option.which is the better and simple way to do it? i have seen one IInternetProtocolRoot,don't know how to implement ,i tried URLDownloadToFile,seems to no control over down load any help really appreciable.(should be HTTP ) NB: i know this MFC forum,but winnt forum has become idle state. <keralafood@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1189600098.816994.297620@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com... >I have to write one program for download file from URL ,with resume, > pause, stop option.which is the be...

Links in email do not connect to URL
Application: Outlook Express 6.00 Symptom: Hyperlinks included in email's received will open an IE window when clicked, but nothing else happens. The URL does not come up in the address bar, IE does not pull up the linked site, etc. Internet Explorer Version: 6.0 Any suggestions please? Thank you. Try posting this in an Outlook Express group - this is not one of them. This group supports Outlook from Microsoft Office - Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. You can also try http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com for assistance - a very good OE site. --� Milly Staples [MVP - ...

Problem Connecting to External IP in CRM 4.0
Hi, Basically, we have an On Premises installation of CRM 4.0 and everyone externally has been connecting by the external IP i.e. 87.87.87.87:5555 and using AD to login. This has been working fine until recently when it is now resolving to CRMDBNAME.domain.com which we don't want at the moment. I have also checked the Config Database is looking at the correct AD & IFD servers and domains. I have checked DNS, AD & IIS and all tests are passing. If there anywhere I can stop /change this so that it continues to just pick up the external IP. Any help or pointers would be grea...

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the rem
Hi, I have this problem of title. I am importing of 176.922 itens from Lead entity with external in the my application(Web Service). But, with 1% in the import, a equal error the title in my Internet Explore. A help for me? Thanks. This can be a problem when making a lot of web service calls. Try adding the registry values as suggested in the following article: http://blogs.msdn.com/dgorti/archive/2005/09/18/470766.aspx -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk "Henrique Drumond" wrote: > Hi, > > I have this problem of title....

connection problems after returning from screen saver
When I leave Outlook 2002 running in Windows XP, and return to the logon screen, Outlook times out while checking for new messages. I have 2 email accounts setup. One is Hotmail the other is Verizon.net. The hotmail account goes offline and the verizon account can't connect to the server. To solve this, I have to exit outlook and restart the program. Any ideas what is causing this and how to fix it? Thanks. ...

HELP WANTED HTTP: 401 error
Please check http://microsoftdynamicscrm.blogspot.com for the error Any ideas??? Please post it on my blog. ...

The "TM CONNECT" button on my outlook email no longer works.
I had "added" a "save attachments" button to the tm connect toolbar just before the TM connect button was grayed out. I removed it - and tried "resetting" all toolbars - but the TM Connect button is still "grayed out" and inactive. BKeen wrote: > I had "added" a "save attachments" button to the tm connect toolbar > just before the TM connect button was grayed out. I removed it - and > tried "resetting" all toolbars - but the TM Connect button is still > "grayed out" and inactive. Hi - I don'...

Cannot connect using IE
I get the Career Builder Website, but when I try to open "My Career Builder" link to get to my account, I cannot and the screen flickers a lot, and I notice that on the line where the link is written appears at the end of the line a locked padlock. I only notice this padlock when I use the Career Builder's linked which do not open. I do not see the padlock with the other websites that I can open. Seems that the reason that I cannot open these website has to do with the appearance of the padlock and that I might have locked a setting somewhere. Can any one ad...

MySql connectivity from ATL project
Hi I am creating an IE Toolbar which need to connect to MySql database kept in server and retrieve records.These records are going to populate the toolbar.Can anybody help me with sample code?Plz help me,I don't know MySql and I don't know how to connect it from VC+ +.Plz help me with code.Its urgent. ...

problem with url on http post
Hi: I have the following code: Dim url As String = "http://xx01xx01:800/some.ashx" Dim myrequest As System.Net.WebRequest = Nothing Dim myresponse As System.Net.WebResponse = Nothing 'Prepare web request myrequest = System.Net.WebRequest.Create(url) 'use POST myrequest.Method = "POST" 'Set the content type Request.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" Dim byteArray As Byte() = System.Text.Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(...

pdf maker when connected to a domain
Hi, I have a XP Pro computer that is connected to a domain with a server (SB2003). I log onto the computer connected to the domain and want to add a PDF printer to the computer. If I log onto the computer (when not connected to the domain) I can install PrimoPDF which is an excellent free PDF maker. this then goes into my Printers folder and works great. My problem arises when I log on to the computer (when connected to the domain) and then I can't load the PDF maker. Is there a way around this or is there a good free PDF maker that can be installed on the server to be us...

redirect http to https
I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 and i have followed the microsft article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=839357 exactly. Still it is not redirecting. Please help. "Tyson" wrote: > I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 and i have followed the microsft article > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=839357 exactly. Still it is > not redirecting. > > Please help. I can go to http://owa.mail.com/exchange and be redirected but if I leave off exchange then i get 403.4 that I need to use the https:// "Tyson" <Tyson@discussions.m...

Manual setting up for connecting to a bank
My bank is not in the list for banks to connect to in Money 2004. I know the routing number. I would like to know if I can setup a chequing account manually to connect to the bank via the Internet. Thanks Not if they don't provide online services that interface with Microsoft Money. I would suggest contacting them and finding out if they at least provide statement downloads form their website. "Ron W" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e0ec01c3efeb$94dfe500$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My bank is not in the list for banks to connect to in > M...

Fastest DSL Connection Type?
I have Verizon DSL with their supplied DSL Modem. The computer can be connected to the moden via an Ethernet cable, USB or Wireless. It use to be in past years Ethernet was the fastest internet connection. Is that still true when compared to USB, and now USB 2 and Wireless? "Artreid" <artreid@NOSPAMverizon.net> wrote in message news:epdg8elbKHA.5976@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I have Verizon DSL with their supplied DSL Modem. The computer can be > connected to the moden via an Ethernet cable, USB or Wireless. It use to > be in past years Ethernet ...

ANN: HTTPMP 1.3.3
Hotmail accounts could be accessed with Hotmail web interface, Outlook Express or Outlook 2002. But the most common question is "How to access Hotmail in Outlook 2000?" Internet search shows there is no simple and convenient solution for this problem: Microsoft Knowledge Article 234704 "You cannot view Hotmail messages in Outlook 2000" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;q234704. Microsoft Outlook, unlike Microsoft Outlook Express, does not have an option to use Microsoft Hotmail e-mail accounts. You can view your Hotmail e-mail in Outlook by creating...

The underlying connection was closed: The remote name
Hi, I'm new to MS-CRM and am trying to get some given examples working. I've written the code to create a Business hierarchy. I'm getting the following error when I try to execute the code """"The underlying connection was closed: The remote name could not be resolved."""" Any suggestions or ways to resolve this would be of great help. Regards, Joan Joan, did you simply copied and pasted the sample code into your ASP.NET Web application? string strServer = "myservername"; Check if you assigned the strServer variable the...

Connecting tables
Is there any way to connect tables in Publisher similiar to the way you can connect text frames for overfill. kpappano wrote: > Is there any way to connect tables in Publisher similiar to the way you can > connect text frames for overfill. Nope. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Is there any other way I can do it? Any suggestions? "Ed Bennett" wrote: > kpappano wrote: > > Is there any way to connect tables in Publisher similiar to the way you can > > connect text frames for overfill. > > Nope. > > -- > E...

HQ Clint Connection
Hi All We use RMS 1.2 and now we fix one server on other rigon is faar 400Km so that server is connect with us by DSL-128 is possible to make comminication with that rigon shop through this DSL. I put on HQ Clint on shop rigon adress and on rigon server on HQ server i give main server adress. but is not connect is give him error num:913. and i try same way by telephone on local area and is done OK. Is there any body can help me on this? ...