EXMERGE.exe ... security access to mailboxes

I am trying to recover mailboxes on failed Exhange 2000 server using EXMERGE.exe.   I am able to run tool and see mailboxes but logs show userid does not have acces... I am using Administrator account which has SAVE & RECEIVE access as per EXEMS error message/corrective action.   I still can not access any mailboxes.   Any ideas as to how to resolve?   I have added Administrator account to Exhange/Domain Admins... whatz up?  thanks... grant
0
anonymous (74722)

First, remove the Admin account from the Exchange Domain Servers group (I'm
thinking this is what you meant). Reason: the admin has an inherited
deny...adding the account causes inherited allow. Inherited deny rules.

Right way to do it....create a regular user and add to Exchange Domain
Servers group. Run exmerge from workstation so you don't have to give
account admin rights to log on to server.

Also, you might have tried this....but after adding send/receive
rights....restart the store service.

Good luck.
"Grant" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to recover mailboxes on failed Exhange 2000 server using
EXMERGE.exe.   I am able to run tool and see mailboxes but logs show userid
does not have acces... I am using Administrator account which has SAVE &
RECEIVE access as per EXEMS error message/corrective action.   I still can
not access any mailboxes.   Any ideas as to how to resolve?   I have added
Administrator account to Exhange/Domain Admins... whatz up?  thanks... grant

0
sheyia (112)

Restore Mailboxe
Hi to all is there any way to restore from database a mailbox in exchange2003 that was deleted ? thanks Assuming you have backups look at the recovery storage groups http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ue2k3rsg.mspx simon "Microsoft" <essam@bk.co.il> wrote in message news:OQOsck1mGHA.4216@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi to all > > is there any way to restore from database a mailbox in exchange2003 that > was deleted ? > > > thanks > ...

comdlg32.ocx and Access 2007
I have several Access databases that were originally written using an Access version prior to Access 2007. I am in the process of converting the databases and installing them on new machines running Win7 and Access 2007. Over the years, one of the References I commonly used was comdlg32.ocx. It does not appear that either Win7 or Access 2007 installs that particular Active X file. I can copy it from an older machine, but that seems like a strange solution. Is comdlg32.ocx a "legacy" Active X file and has it been replaced with a newer (and differently named) Activ...

Aqadmcli.exe to clear my Queues??
Does anybody have any idea where I can get hold of the aqadmcli tool to flush my Exchange 2K server queues? Microsoft wants to charge me $240 to tell me where to download it from. Somebody mentioned: ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/pss/tools/Exchange%20Support%20Tools/Aqadmcli/ However when I try to ftp from that link it tells me I do not have permission and the connection has been reset. I am desperate, so any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Grant. The FTP site is no more, like as of today, if I recall correctly. Not sure why. Waiting to hear back on what the new me...

Securing OWA
Is there is step by step article on securing OWA 2003? TIA Here are a few to start with: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;234022 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320291 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823024 http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/SSL_Enabling_OWA_2003.html http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299525 "Kelly" wrote: > Is there is step by step article on securing OWA 2003? > > TIA > ...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

Simple Access counting queries

Expression Too Complex in Access 2000
Hi, Consider the following query: SELECT crTbl.acct_1, crTbl.amount, crTbl.date FROM crTbl WHERE (((crTbl.acct_1)="Supplies") AND ((crTbl.date) Between [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![startDate] And [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![endDate])); The query works fine on my own computer in Access 2002. When converted to Access 2000 and used on an other computer, I get the following error: "This expression is typed incorrectly or is too complex to be evaluated. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables." The problem is with the "Between...

groups detail section totals access 2003
Hi all, I know this can be done, but haven't figured out how yet. I have what basically is a summary report that my sql comes up with for the detail rows. I want to total these rows in the report and display immediately below the detail section. I don't really want to group anything, but want to treat the whole detail section as a group. That being said, how can I get a "group footer" on the designer so I can add my total columns. If I use "sorting and grouping", it starts grouping things and that is not what I want. I don't want to use the "page foo...

Mailbox needs reducing
We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no limits, it's now 11GB!! Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and do it, can Exchange do it? In news:euNRN1iPHHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Gonzo <no@no.com> typed: > We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no > limits, it's now 11GB!! > > Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and > do it, can Exchange do it? Presuming you're not on 5x or earlier, you can use mailbox management policies to get rid of items ol...

Mailbox permissions #17
I have a bit of a mess with a mailbox that receives all messages that clients send through our web site. Everyone except one person has this additional mailbox open within Oulook. The remaining person I can't seem to get the permissions down. I myself have it added on my desktop. The only reason I think I can expand the mailbox is because I'm in the enterprise admin, domain admin, and exchange admin groups. When I look at the properties of the mailbox, my account has "None" as so does this other employee. When I click on my account, the employee's account wo/ ...

Exchange 2003
I've set up a policy that deletes items in the "Deleted Items" folder that are 7 days old (no size limit). For some reason Mailbox Management finds no deleted items. See the email I receive below... The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2006-02-25 00:08:58 Completed at: 2006-02-25 00:08:59 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB The information store is 82 GB's big...there is no way there are no deleted items. I've had this pr...

Remote access to another company's Outlook calendar?
Hello! I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version not known yet). How can the remote company share this person's calendar with my client? He would need to access it and add appointments to it. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:15:24 -0700, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote: >Hello! > >I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an >employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version no...

crmapp_db.exe
Hi! I have downloaded "Integrating an External Database" solutions for MSCRM, but this sample is in VB language. Did anybody know thi application in C# language? Ken ...

Can't connect to Exchange server after VPN access
I can connect to my office Exchange server when in the office (LAN) but I cannot connect outside with Outlook. I can only use the webmail after entering a web VPN access: - First portal for VPN : https://xxx.yyy.com --> I enter my user_VPN/password_VPN - On the next web page, I have the choice for the webmail and it's a link as https://xxx.yyy.com/go/webmail.yyy.com~ssl where I can enter my user_mail/password_mail So I can't enter the url in RPC as every slash is forbidden In my Outlook, the Exchange server (EXC.yyy.com) is not reachable by ping (or tracert) and I can't ...

disable mailboxes
We have a number of Windows users whose Windows account has been disabled. Now the exchange server reports error events for each of those users, because the mailbox is not associated with an active user account. Short of deleting the mailboxes, is there anyway to get Exchange to (reject the mail and) not report error events for those mailboxes. (david) David, Please see: http://www.msexchange.org/articles/NoMAS-Tool.html and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278966 -- - David Aschmann MCSE: Messaging, Security+ "david epsom dot com dot au" wrote: > We have a number o...

"Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" option problem
I want to backup the all message sent or received by mailboxes, I find that there is an option "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store " in Exchanger 2003. I had selected this option and forward to public folder. But I found that not all message will be archived. - All message sent by mailboxes can be archived - Some Messages come from mailboxes will not be archived Eg: yahoo, hotmail, and other company Is this option not archive this message ? Any other setting need to configure ? Dennis ...

Access 2007 12-17-09
I am building a contact data base for my church. How do I get the phone field to automatically format like this (xxx) xxx-xxxx when the numbers are typed in the cell? -- Thank You In the form design view select the phone control and open the properties dialog. Goto the Data tab and use the Input Mask to define the format you wish to use. If you click on the ... to the right hand side on the property you will get another dialog where there are predefined input mask or you can define your own. For instance, I use !\(999") "000\-0000;0;_ to format my telepho...

Copy of all in/out mail in another mailbox
My management in intrested to receive all the in/out mails of all the mailnboxes in another mail box to check what other emplyees are sending and receive. Is it possible in MS Exchange 2000 or 2003, if yes how? Yes, it's possible. See this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF011.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Jaffar Ali Sayyed" <jaffar@maruetechnologies.com> wrote in message news:045f01c3c862$f2d436d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > My management in intrested to receive all the in/out mails > o...

Backup a users mailbox in Exchange 2003
We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? -- Chuck On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 06:36:02 -0800, chb12 <chb12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a >copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? Exmerge is always a good option. What I normally do is open their mailbox on my outlook, then create a PST (name it the users name). Once the PST is created I copy the contents of their mailbox into the PST. From there you ...

Taking a loooong time for new mailboxes to appear.
Hello, We have a tool which creates a batch of mailboxes, then logs into each one via MAPI to migrate old messages. Today we ran the tool and mailbox-enabled 300+ mailboxes in one go. Although the Exchange tabs were present and the SMTP address was filled out on each user in ADUC, the mailboxes didn't appear in ESM until about an hour later. How is that possible? Manually running RUS didn't help either. We've got one DC and a separate E2k3 server. Thanks, - Alan. Any RED errors in the event logs on that Exchange box during that time> "Alan" wrote: > Hello, ...

CRM Security Problems
Hi Group, I have developed a windows service that hits the CRM database everynight to create some e-mails that need to be sent out to customers in the morning. Eventually these will be automatically sent, but for now, we want to manually send them in order to audit what is going out. Here is the problem. THe service is running under the same account as the installation was run under, integration account with full sysadmin. The e-mails are created by this account, however, the activity party xml is sent in to assign the e-mail to a particular user and even set that user as the owner of the e-...