Exmerge PST's onto an external USB

I've created a batch file to exmerge users' mailboxes onto PST that runs
Mon-Fri. It works fine if the destination folder is pointing to the local
drive of the server or an external USB drive connected to the same server.
However, when I point to an external USB drive connected to a user's
workstation, the exmerge batch file fails and instead stores the PST files in
the default location c:\exmergedata.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of the exmerge utility? I
am using the latest exmerge utility (don't know version # but it's the one
that works for Exchange 2003 and older). My Exchange server is 2003 standard.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

0
jcs (6)

Archive.pst not showing?
Hello, For some reason, Outlook is no longer showing my Archive directory. I am running Outlook 2000 on a WinXP Pro (SP2) system. The archive.pst file seems to be in the correct directory along with the outlook.pst, but it is just not being picked-up by Outlook. The archive was showing and it's disappearance is a new thing. I do have an archive.pst backup if needed as well. Does anyone know how I can get the archive file to show in Outlook? Thanks, Bob Have you tried to open it? Since you know its location, browse to it with Outlook's File > Open > Outlook Data File...

RMS live chat Thurs, April 14, 11 a.m. PST
Hi all, The Business Solutions Community will host a live chat with the Microsoft RMS team on Thursday, April 14, from 11 a.m. to noon PST. The topic of this chat is payment processing in Microsoft Retail Management System 1.2. Microsoft RMS team members Dan Reed, Lori Penor, and Balaji Balasubramanian will answer questions on payment processing setup, configuration, troubleshooting, and more during this hour-long real-time discussion. This event is free and open to the public. You can add this chat to you calendar or check out the chat room by clicking on this link: http://www.mi...

Better Export than *.pst?
My company is going to start mandatory no mail left on the server after 6 months. So users have to archive themselves. Is their anything better than using the basic export email to a *.pst file. Some users have done this and burned the *.pst file to a CD, however you can view it on the CD. You need to copy it back to the PC then take off the read only permissions. Dose anyone know of a utility to do this better? Even if a third party. Thanks Ed A large rewritable medium like a USB-stick? Make sure that it is USB 2.0 or you could get poor performance and corruption of the pst-file. Not...

External add-in in excel
I have installed an add-in to excel which is relating to our accounts system database. This has added a new menu I can click to access it and is available each time I launch Excel. I have a couple of questions: How does it add the menu and know to launch it each time? The add-in really slows down excel so I would rather be able to choose whether or not I include the add-in when I launch excel - is this possible? Thanks for any help The addin will have some code in the Workbook_Open event that dynamically builds a menu and more code in the Workbook_BeforeClose event that destroys it. ...

refresh external data on a protected sheet
I have a worksheet that has an external data area and some other sections that need to be protected. I have unlocked all the columns used by the external data. When I protect the sheet, I can no longer refresh the external data area. Even if the entire worksheet is unlocked, the Refresh button is unavailable. ...

Disallow PST file
Is there a way to disallow Outlook2003 users from opening Outlook Data File (PST)? I check the GPO, it can only prevent from creating one but I cannot find anything for opening. Hi Kevin, I think it's impossible to prevent users from opening PSTs, but there are adittional controls you can implement. Take a look at this article: http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/ArticleID/40961/40961.html?Ad=1 -- Rui Silva MVP Windows Server System - Exchange Server Blog "subject: exchange", http://msmvps.com/ehlo "Kevin" <kevin@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23...

Why am I not receiving external email?
I can send messages (internally externally), but I seem to only be able to receive internal email. What type of settings could I have messed up while trying to protect myself from relay-based SPAM that's preventing external email from getting delivered to my mail box? --thx, Joseph What is your domain name? We can run some tests to see what your server responsds with to a connection attempt. There are a lot of things that could be going on. Can you detail what changes you made to protect your server from relay-based SPAM? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Joseph Mouhanna&...

PST file
I'm running Windows XP-Pro and Outlook 2007. My PST file always shows errors so I have to run scanpst 3 or 4 times to clear up the errors. Everytime I use Oulook and shut it down I have to run scanpst again 3 or 4 times as it always has errors. File size is 146.833kb. Is there a fix where I don't have to constantly check the PST file and run scanpst every day? Pete Sounds like you have something severely wrong with your computer setup that is hosing Outlook. Are there add-ins that are keeping Outlook open even though the Outlook icon disappears when you close it? Task ...

outlook.pst #10
Over the years I've seen lots of posts about the default Outlook.pst file. This is gonna sound strange but is it actually named "outlook.pst"? On my current system, I originally setup outlook using Outlook Connector and had setup my msn address ad the primary e-mail address. I had found the pst files I had saved from my old computer listed at "personal.pst" and they seemed to be in tact but having a problem or two on syncing with my pda I began paying more attention to posts about pst files and wondering if I'd made some sort of mistake. It was then--this...

Worksheet Protection and Refresh External Data
Hi I have protected my worksheet to stop users from chaning information, but now the Refesh External Data does not run. I need to unlock the worksheet to run it, but i don't want the users to do this. Is there a way to enable the refresh data while the worksheet is still protected? ...

Unable t open 2003 pst file in outlook 2000
What I have - outlook 2000 - outlook 2003 pst file What I don't have - outlook 2003 (I used the microsoft demo, until it expired) When I open the 2003 file I get "Properties for this informatio service must be defined first." Any suggesgtions ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com i think you will find that outlook 2003 pst files are in unicode whereas Outlook 2000 uses a different format. I'm sure you will nee Outlook 2003 to open a PST fil...

Internal & External Email differnt mailboxes
I want to be able for a number of users have their external mail forwarded to a public folder, but still have internal email delivered to the private mailbox. Also I want their primary email address to be the external address wwhen presented to customers If I forward to public folder in delivery options it does it for both internal and external message, if I add primary address to email addresses in public folder they cannot send with their own addresss as reply address, uses the own primary I have set in email address in AD Sorry if it sounds confusing cuz it is, any pointers ap...

outlook.pst file disappeared
Recently I installed SP2 for Windows XP and did a few other updates. Now I noticed that my outlook.pst file has disappeared from my computer. I have searched for it, but it seems to just be GONE! Any ideas why it's gone, where it went, or what I can do to get it back? And if it's gone, where is my current Outlook stuff being saved as of today?? Thanks for any help you can offer. Jennie Smith jennie@bridgebuildersint.com Ok, never mind - I did finally find the file. However, I'm still baffled why the search process didn't find the file for me. Oh well, at least i...

How to link xml with xsd "externally"?
Right now, in order to validate my xml file against xsd, I include the following line in the xml file: xmlns="urn:mySchemaName". Is it possible to link xml to xsd without specifying the schema inside the xml file? Thank you! Eve wrote: > Right now, in order to validate my xml file against xsd, I include the > following line in the xml file: xmlns="urn:mySchemaName". xmlns="urn:mySchemaName" is a namespace declaration, not an "instruction" to validate against a schema. You should use xsi:schemaLocation and/or xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation att...

external account
hello to all. I previously have a exposed problem, but that the solution that habeis exposed is not worth to me (to put the service of quite complicated and ineffective mail in exchange, serious). I have external accounts of ISP and the dominion of the servant exchange agrees with the name @midominio.com there is a user which they have internal account to enter the servant, but does not have mailbox, single the mail of the ISP (andre@midominio.com). When they envian mail to its account leaves the following error: An error of configuration in the system of electronic mail gave rise to a curl be...

forward outlook email to external address
I was wondering if I can have my outlook email at work also sent to my home address automatically. Rules Wizard and only if the Exchange Admin allows forwards to the Internet. Any admin worth their salary keeps this disabled. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, can I forward outlook email to external address asked: | I was wondering if I can have my outlook email at work | also sen...

Ost to Pst #3
Hi, Is there a free utility for this? (Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003) Thanks, Josh OST to PST converter: http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/ost_pst_convert_info/ I have not ever used it myself, so I can't vouch for it. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Joshua A. Booker" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a free utility for this? (Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003) > > Thanks, > Josh > > > Well, if you have Outlook you don't need one. Open your OST and save or...

read only .pst files
Is there any way to read a pst file without changing it? I archived all my documents and then put the file on a CD in order to free up some disk space (and take my documents home). Now I cannot access it without reloading it. I don't want to change anything, I just want to be able to read the documents. Thanks, In article <eC1yNvcRDHA.1688@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, srv01@hotmail.com says... > Is there any way to read a pst file without changing it? I archived all my > documents and then put the file on a CD in order to free up some disk space > (and take my documents ho...

Repost MSE 5.5--Accept clients on external interface POP3 failed
Subject: MSE 5.5 Event ID 1194 Accept clients on external interface POP3 failed From: "Harold" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> Sent: 9/9/2004 7:57:54 PM MSE 5.5 !! Internet Mail Service Connector fails to respond on port 110 with the following event log entries: ---------------------------------------------- Event ID 11507 (Configuration) Ready to accept clients on the POP3 interface. Event ID 11508 (Configuration) Accept clients on external interface POP3 failed with error 0x80004005. Event ID 1194 (General) Accept clients on POP3 interface failed in ...

External Links and Multiple Instances
I am running Excel 2000 on Windows XP Professional. For a long time, I was able to open up files in separate windows and to create links between these files by typing "=" in a cell of the target sheet and then clicking on a cell in the source sheet. I recently installed a second monitor and video card on my computer. Since then, I have been unable to both open multiple instances and create links between those multiple instances. At first I was unable to create multiple instanced. I have managed to create multiple instances in three ways. First, I have gone to options - ge...

Forward to external adress error
I have set up an internal user to have thier e-mail forwarded to an external smtp address. If an internal user send an e-mail it is forwarded to the external address, but if an e-mail comes in from the outside then the message is bounced witht eh following NDR John Doe on 10/13/2005 3:05 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <ctmail.mydomain.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 test@anywhere.com>: Sender address rejected: Blocked Again, it works internally and I have checked the ALLOW FORWARD option in ESM. I...

Migrating encrypted pst files
We just merged with another company and I just in-herited about 50 mis-managed users and need to get their email on to our Exchange 2003 server. They users had storage limit of how much mail they could have on their old system (which I understand), but they were never given any direction on how to save or organize old emails. Because of this we now have about 5 user with an average of 5 pst files each. Each of the PST files were started with the standard encryption option which uses the users logon credentials and no password. Tomorrow these users will be coming over and their comp...

Junk folder and PST files
We have an antispam system that send all the messages to the user junk folder in the server. In all the machines, we use PST files instead the mails in the server. In Outlook 2000, for example, when there's any mail in the junk folder, it's downloaded to the PST in the Inbox, but, in Outlook 2003 is different: the messages stay in the junk folder in the server. What can I do to download the messages in the junk folder in the server to the junk folder in the PST? We have Exchange 2003 Server. Thanks for all Luis R. wrote: > We have an antispam system that send all the...

Possible 2 Gb limit on PST
I have been reading prior posts regarding the 2 GB limit on PST file for some versions of Outlook. Is this unique to certain Outlook versions or does it pertain to the PST file structure or both? I am using Outlook 2007 but the PST file may have been created with an earlier version of Outlook. How can I tell about the PST file structure or which version created it? Try right-clicking on the data file (on your folders list), choosing Properties, then click the "Advanced" button and see if it tells you what Format it is. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tow...

Need to save workbook with external links as a static workbook
ok, i've got a delima. i have a workbook that links to several external sources. what i'd like to be able to do is when i save the workbook, no changes to the data can be made, regardless of the updates to the external source. make sense? please advise. thanx, ~julz Hi you may copy your data and insert it again as values. you could also record a macro for this and place it in the Beforesave event of your workbook -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Julz" <jhbiz@austin.rr.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eUQ9AOeOEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > ...