Exmerge PST's onto an external USB

I've created a batch file to exmerge users' mailboxes onto PST that runs
Mon-Fri. It works fine if the destination folder is pointing to the local
drive of the server or an external USB drive connected to the same server.
However, when I point to an external USB drive connected to a user's
workstation, the exmerge batch file fails and instead stores the PST files in
the default location c:\exmergedata.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of the exmerge utility? I
am using the latest exmerge utility (don't know version # but it's the one
that works for Exchange 2003 and older). My Exchange server is 2003 standard.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

0
jcs (6)

Opening .pst files
Before I left my old job I copied personal .pst files from the system so I would have those old emails. The business Outlook was Outlook 2007 using Exchange server. I want to open these files, but I have Outlook 2003 on my PC, no use of Exchange. I'm getting a message saying that file access is denied and that I don't have the permission required to open the file. These ..pst were not password protected on the old system. How can I open them? Did you copy them to the hard drive and unset the read-only? DJadis wrote: > Before I left my old job I copied personal .pst...

Outlook.pst could not be accessed.
I have encountered this problem today when trying to receive or delete mail: The file C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst could not be accesses. Access is denied. I searched Google for this problem and found that I should try running scanpst.exe on outlook.pst. I did that and got the following: No errors were found in this file. Folders found in this file: 71 Items found in this file: 11758 I am running Windows 98 and Outlook 2000 (9.0.02711). How can I go about fixing this? Thanks. LVIII Lord Vader III wrote: > > I have encountered this pr...

No menu bars appear on newly installed Outlook 2003 (PST file)
I just built up a new system (Windows XP SP2, Office 2003 Pro) and move my Outlook.pst file over from my old system. Since I had Norton Internet Security 2005 installed, the anti-spam toolbar was displayed. However, after only a few hours of usage, the menu bars are not working properly: 1. When I start up Outlook and mail is displayed, there are no menu bars displayed. None. 2. If I go to the lower left corner navigation bar and select mail and Open in New Window, the standard and formatting menu bars are displayed. But the Norton Anti-Spam bar does not display. 3. When I open an indiv...

Create new pst
Can any one tell me how to create a new pst file? I recently hit the 2GB size limit and had to do the cut and repair routine. As I consider my options for the future, It seems the incoveniences of exporting/importing or archiving are not conducive to quick retrieval of info in a customer service environement. Could'nt I more easily create a new pst file every 6 months and switch to the one I need when retrieving old emails through the File/Open/Personal Folder File approach? If yes, how do I create a new pst file? Mitch Ok Ok, I see it now. File/New/Personal Folders File. Mitch...

Problem importing PST File
Am trying to import a PST file to a laptop. I created the original on my desktop PC and saved to a CD. The desktop unit runs in XP Home with Outlook XP. The laptop unit runs in XPPro with Outlook XP. Even after copying the file from the CD to the Desktop AND removing the Read- Only attribute, I still get the same error message - Access denied . . . you do not have the permission . . . Any suggestions?? Have you tried to rename the file to the same name and then OPEN it using File->Open? BTW - it is always best to Open a .pst file rather than import it as importing loses several ...

Lost Oulook.pst file
I'm using XP SP3 with IE8, tonight I uninstall a program and it required a Restart, when it came back up, my Outlook.pst file is missing. I searched entire hard drive, no file. I then did a System Restore and again file was missing. Any ideas or suggestions out there? I mainly use Outlook 2003 for the calendar feature to keep up with appointments etc. -- Thanks, Bill Post replies back to News Group You have to search to include hidden for *.pst System restore has no baring on data files, only your backup restores data "Willy" <justask@hotmail.com>...

finding outlook.pst
It looks like I need to run the inbox repair tool, but I can't find the outlook.pst file to start the repair. Anyone? c:\program files\common files\system\msmapi\1033\scanost.exe -- ~jason k ________________________________________________________________ please reply in group. emails directly to me will be printed and laughed at in the breakroom remember to check http://www.technet.com and http://www.google.com ________________________________________________________________ "nancy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6AC82B0-9636-45DC-AE28-4...

Max Size of the .PST file
Does anyone know if MS 2000 Outlook has a maximum size for the post file (e.g., outlook.pst)? Does anyone have an outlook.pst file larger than 2GB? Mine is at 2GB and seems to be to the point where the Outlook can no longer read the file. I appreciate your help. 2 GB is the max for Ol97/2002 version psts. OL2003 offers Unicode pst format which can be up to 3TB, but it's not backwards compatible. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search...

"filtering" external messages that target my distribution lists ?
Is there any way to "filter" external messages that target distribution lists in my organization ? I've seen that Mail Essentials can check headers and block messages sent to a certain number of recipient, but I am wondering how I can prevent somebody from sending unsolicited e-mail to one of my distribution lists ? Exch2000. ...

Getting External Data errors when saving an excel spreadsheet
Hello all, I am having an issue with Office 2007. After one employee exports a table from Access 2003 to Excel 2007. They then e-mail it to it's destination using outlook 2007. From there they are having a hard time trying to open the spreadsheet and cut and paste some of the info to another excel spreadsheet on the desktop. It doesn't always happen, and the error says something about an external data error and excel has to recover. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Frank <FrankD@eappeals.com> wrote: > I am having an issue with Office 2007. This is not ...

.PST file and follow up flag
Why doesnt the "flag for follow up" work when an email is already in your .PST file(personal folder)? You can Flag for follow up while its in your .PST file but it wont work unless you move it up into your mailbox on the exchange side. I am running outlook 2000 SR-1. Any adivce is needed for this topic, i have asked around and looked on forums. Thanks Erad Eradikater@yahoo.com the flag should work but reminders only fire in the default folders unless you use reminder manager from www.slovaktech.com -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24...

Create Outlook Folders on external drive
How can I create an Outlook Folder (.pst) on another hard drive leter. I want to free up hard drive space without removing emails. I can see how to archive to an external drive, but I want an active, accessible folder on an external drive and have it show up in the Personal Folders list in Outlook. I want to be able to move email from the Inbox to folders on the external drive and be able to view them "realtime" from that folder or folders. At work the IT guys do it on a network drive. We can read or move email to and from folders on the network drive. I want to do that wi...

Import External Data
Hi all, I'm trying to use the "Import External Data" function in Excel 2003 to import data from one spreadsheet to another. It works for some fields (specifically ,date and text fields), but for others no data is imported (specifically, whole numbers, percentage fields and dollar fields). Is there some way to import the missing data? Thank you, Art. importing external data is usually used to import data form a REAL data store-- like an Access database or a SQL Server database. Basically; Microsoft is too flaky to make these simple things work correctly. because t...

Adding an externally generated playlist (Windows 7)
Maybe I'm missing something, but dragging a .wpl into the media player (or shellexec'ing it) just starts the playlist. You can create a new playlist, Ctrl+A, drag/drop, and there it is, but where is the "add the currently playing .m3u/.wpl" as a new playlist feature? Simply moving the playlist to your "My Music" folder (or My Music\Playlists), should be enough for WMP to add the playlist to its library. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk On 11/06/2010 1:24, ab` wrote: > Maybe I'm missing something, but dragging a ....

Importing .pst file #4
Having restored my PC to factory settings I am trying to import a .pst file I saved previously. Outlook is telling me its not a personal folders file. It has to be! I exported it from Outlook and it saved as outlook.pst. Anything else I can try? Import/export is never the way to save an Outlook data file. Simply copy the file and open it in the new Outlook installation. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Trevor ...

"Sales Receipt" Phrase Wraps onto Two Lines
Anyone know how to get the "Sales Receipt" statment on the 40 Column Receipt formatted so that it doesn't wrap onto two lines? I tried the paper width in receipt properties, but that didn't work. Is there details somewhere on the different attributes for the receipt properties? As an example, how do you determine the proper width? Jerry, What make & model printer? Windows or OPOS drivers? I have set paper widths between 2.4 and 3.0 without problems. Also take a look at the right margin settings. After making your change, click refresh and then print. -- * &quo...

LNK2001: unresolved external CreateControl
This should be a case of just finding the right lib to link to. I get the following error: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct CRuntimeClass const CWnd::classCWnd" (?classCWnd@CWnd@@2UCRuntimeClass@@B) What lib should I link to to resolve this error? For future referance, I have look for documentation that tells me what lib for what function but couldn't find anything. Is there a way of find out that information in case I run in to this problem again? Thanks This is from MFC I think. --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows...

Storing Outlook files on external hard drive
Is it possible to set up Outlook so instead of its files (not program but directory, contacts, messages, et al) are stored on our external hard drive? Last year our old computer died and we lost a lot of information on its hard drive. OR, can I regularly transfer the information to the hard drive? I do not beleive you can store what you want out of the program directory. However, you can make backups of the data you need whenever you would like. This is import/export feature in office. Located on the FILE menu. The one thing I do not like about outlook is the fact that there a...

Updating links to external files using macros
Hi all I have a file which contains links to data in an external file. Every week I need to update the link to a new file that is created. So for example, at the moment the link goes to a file called "Sales Firm 2010 2009-11-12", next week there will be a new file called "Sales Firm 2010 2009-11-19" which I will want to change this link to. The following week yet another external file will be created which I will want to change the links to again. All the external files are the same i.e. format, where the data is located, etc it's just new data. At t...

Problem with the pst file
Hi there, I'm facing a problem in opening a pst file(zile size 2.1GB). I have scanned the file using scanpst.exe several times but the problem still persists. I have also used the tool which minimises the size of the file..but no luck. I really don't know why this problem occurs..is it due to the file size..or one of the mails has got corrupt. Also if by change if iam able to retrieve the file can i export the same to Outlook Express so that the problem doens't arise again..? Thanks in advance. Regards. Avinash Outlook 97-2002 pst-files can only be up to 2GB. You can r...

unable to open .pst file
i copied a .pst file from outlook 2000 to cd-rom to provide a backup. the original inbox entries were subsequently lost on the computer, so need to access the cd. the cd has 512 Mb of data on it from the .pst since apparently one cannot directly open a cd into outlook (because i is read only), i went to an old computer, copied the .pst into a tem folder on c: drive. then unchecked the read-only and archiv attributes in file-properties. now, i cannot open the .pst into outlook 2000 on the old computer. i tried file-open and clicked on the .pst and nothing changed, ie, th pre-existing .ps...

exmerge to reduce DB size
Hello all, I have one exchange server 2003. the size of all the DBs together equals 120gb. i ran exmerge (import type= archive data) today to extract data out of the database ultimately to reduce the size of the DB. However, after running exmerge the size of the DB remains unchanged. the size of the pst's that i exported totals 8gb but i do not see 8gb gained (i see nothing) on the volume where the exchange DBs are stored. do i need to run an offline defrag in order to see the free space that i should have gained? or what must i do? Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated. T...

Issue with importing PST
The administrative assistant for the President of my company would like import her contacts to his. I have exported her contacts as PST and emailed it to him. I placed the PST under C:Documents & Settings/username/Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook. I then tried to import the Pst to the Presidents contacts. It's not working. Also, if I try to delete and start again, I get sharing violation. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Any input would be greatly appriciated. Elisa Elisa wrote: || The administrative assistant for the President of my || company would like import h...

sharing a .pst file / double emails
Hi all. I have a small home network, a windows 2000 laptop in the living room and an windows XP desktop in the office. I network via a router but it is Peer to Peer. I have placed an Outlook .pst file in a shared folder on the desktop box. I have both computers running Outlook 2002 and both set to use this shared .pst file. I get my mail from a POP3 mail server owned by my ISP. I have choosen to leave email on the server for 7 days and then delete it because I need to read or check email via the ISP's web interface when I am away from home. Everything works fine; I an can look ...

Reading .pst files without Outlook 2007
Is there anyone who know a program / software that reads .pst files without actually rely on Outlook 2007? I used Recovery Toolbox for Outlook, and it did extract the emails that were in the pst file and it has its interface, that's good. However, is missing one crucial part, the date of when the email was sent. it does not not state the dates when those emails were sent and that is very important for me as I have thousands of emails that I track through the date(s). Does anyone knows a similar program that does what was mentioned above, but also displays the dates of when the ema...