ExMerge and Recurring Appointment

I have a user who deleted a recurring appointment. She used this recurring
appointment to track work she completed each day. In deleting the appointment
she ended up deleting all historical occurences of it as well. We were not
able to recover it through deleted items or recover deleted items, so I did a
restore to a recovery storage group of a week old full backup and used
exmerge to dump everything in her mailbox to a pst file. When I open the pst
file, I see her calendar items but this particular recurring appointment and
its history are not there. Anyone have any idea why or what could be done to
recover the item?

Thanks.
0
PhilGN (3)

Recurring meetings dont appear in owa??
I have a public folder calender for a resource. Not all appointments show up in webmail though, in outlook calender they do. I have narrowed it down to being all Recurring meetings dont show up in webmail. A meeting that isnt recurring does, an appointment that is recurring also does. Its just this factor that doesnt, anyone else seen this or have any ideas? I found a google post saying this was a problem with Ex2000 and Outlook 2002 but the kb article doesnt exist anymore. ...

I try to assign category based on subject in appointment (code included)
Below i wrote code to assign a categorie to a calendar item based on the word "vrij" in the subject. I think this code should work.. but somehow it doesnt I use Outlook 2003 with macro security set to lowest level. The code is placed in "this outlook session" Any ideas why it doesnt work ?? ==================================================== Dim WithEvents colRDVItems As Items Private Sub Application_Startup() Dim NS As Outlook.NameSpace Set NS = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI") Set colRDVItems = NS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items Set NS = Nothing E...

recurring appointments
using outlook 2007 - when I make appointments, often times the appointment automatically recures next week or month without me making any recurring appointments and i can't seem to change this... please help New Dell computer? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/recurringmeetings.htm ray mc wrote: > using outlook 2007 - when I make appointments, often times the appointment > automatically recures next week or month without me making any recurring > appointments and i can't seem to change this... please help ...

Microsoft MVP help, please!! Budget feature useless for anyone who uses recurring bills (with fix)
I've posted this above, but I got no replies... This is a killer bug that makes the budget feature almost useless for anyone who uses recurring bills, and it's been in the product for years. I've given you an easy procedure to recreate it, and a workaround. I've spent a lot of time on this, and I'd appreciate an MVP acknowledging that this has been passed to Microsoft from someone they'll listen to. **************** > From what I've read, the "Bills and Deposits" feature has been broken > for quite some time... most corruption problems that I'...

ExMerge
Greetings; I moved a whole office of people to a new Exchange Server via ExMerge: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;174197&sd=tech Now; Word - Tools - Letters and Mailings - Envelopes & Labels does not show anything but the top line of the address until I go back and edit a contact record that looks just perfect. Is there a way to touch every contact record? Or, did I miss something in the migration?? Looking forward to your reply, because, one of my folks has over 2,000 contacts! William Arnold ~ Indianapolis, IN Word 2003 v 11.6359.6360 sp 1 Outlook 2003 v...

how do I delete only future recurring appointments
Please help - How would I be able to delete all future recurring appointments that I have scheduled with no end date, without impacting the appointments that occurred in the past (some of which were moved to different days and/or times)? I don't want to lose the event completely, just get rid of all the future ones that I have in the calendar that won't be happening anymore. I believe that if I change the end date of the recurring item I will lose the previously modified events. Thanks in advance! Peter Using Outlook 2002 SP3 Peter Corry <peteman222dontspam@telusplanet.net>...

Outlook removes in box items upon reply
When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? "Jeff J" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d84701c3ef3a$b3646a70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from > my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot > find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? View-Current View-All messages. When I look at that, it does nothing. If I cahnge the View to "View Me...

Specific steps to allowing receive as / send as for exmerge E2k3
Can someone tell me the exact specific steps to allowing "receive as" and "send as" for the "administrator" account as explained in Reference: (Exmerge rights for moving a mailbox to a pst file) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273642 Not a administrator type so need some help here! Thx http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327000 Receive As should show up first in the list of permissions, Send As is in the same place. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "T...

Recurring Meetings Imported from Domino
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C583A2.DFFFC8B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Background: Users were migrated from Domino R5 to Exchange 2003 SP1. Problem: When users cancel a recurring meeting that was created in = Domino and imported into Exchange each listed attendee receives multiple = copies of the cancellation, somewhere in the neighborhood of 180 copies. = This behavior is limited to meetings that were imported from Domino. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why th...

Exmerge skips over corrupted messages?
We have some corrupted emails in one of our user's mailboxes. We don't even see them in Outlook so have to use MDBVU utility to delete them. I'd rather avoid messing with the store on such a basic level. But now i remember what someone told me. Is exmerge utility suppsoed to skip over the corrupted messages when i export mailbox from the store. So then i will be able to exmerge user's mailbox to pst file. All the corrupted messages will be skipped over by exmerge. Then I import the pst file back to the store and the problem will be fixed. Is that a possible solution? Thank You...

Block two or more appointments at the same time in Calendar
Hi all, Do you know if there is any configutation in the Calendar or in the Exchange Server that I can do, to block users to create more than one appointment in the same time of another one in the Calendar? Thanks a lot. ...

ExMerge
I am trying to run ExMerge. What permissions does it need to open the message store? I get these errors in the log file. [12:57:35] Error 8007203a opening an LDAP connection. ('LDAP://EMAIL/rootDSE') (CADRoutines::GetNamingContextData) [13:09:01] Error opening message store (MSEMS). Verify that the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is running and that you have the correct permissions to log on. (0x8004011d) If this is E2k or E2k3, you need to have Allow Send As and Receive As rights on the Mailbox Store 292509 XADM: How to Configure the Administrator Account to Use...

Appointment Tracking Missing
I created an appointment (Outlook 2007) and invited several participants and the tracking option in the navigation went missing. Does anyone know why this happened? It didn't happen to all of my appointments, just a few... any suggestions? -- CoffeeGuru http://forums.slipstick.com Was the meeting moved or copied to a new calendar folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips...

Exmerge emailing into Exchange 2003 (from Sendmail) causes errors
I've just completed a painful migration of Sendmail emails to Exchange 2003. Emails that orginated from Sendmail aliass are unable to display in both Outlook and Outlook Web Access. These emails seem to be in an old html format perhaps 1.0. Anyone had this problem? Brian ...

Questions to exmerge 6.5.7408.1 (newest version)
- What is the maximum size of a PST file that exmerge can export to? (the ~1.8GB limit from Outlook 2002 and previos?) - We need exmerge for archiving the Excahnge Journaling Mailbox and will use the dataimportmethod=3 option in the ini file, which should export the mailbox into a pst and the delete the content of the mailbox. What will happen with messages that arrive in the mailbox during the exmerge export? Is exmerge smart enough to leave these messages in the Mailbox or does exmerge delete all messages in the mailbox after the export? Thanks in advance for any help! Franz Exmerge as...

Meeting request and appointments
I am sending meeting request using my outlook calendar but recepients are not able to open them and add them to their calendar. What am I doing wrong. What happens when they try? Do they use Outlook? What version do you use and what version do they use? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.CO...

Disappearing appointments
Hi, I have a really frustrating problem. I create appointments in CRM. I have the CRM client for Outlook installed so these appointments synchronise and appear in Outlook. The problem is they keep disappearing. They appear in my diary for a few days then just disappear. So, I look at my diary and it looks like I have no appointments today. To resolve this, I need to go into the appointment in CRM, remove myself from the "Required" field, then put my name back into it. When I synchronise Outlook CRM it appears again. If you have any ideas then please let me know . cheers R...

link calender appointments & reminders to a blackberry
I work in an office and enter all my Directors apointments onto my calender. This is then automatically linked to my Directors calendar on his computer. As he is often out of the office on apointments is there anyway I can have everything that is entered on the calender to automatically be linked to his blackberry device so he receives the appointments/reminders when is out of the office? Helenj wrote: > I work in an office and enter all my Directors apointments onto my > calender. > This is then automatically linked to my Directors calendar on his > computer....

Viewing Annual Events in Appointments
How can I get annual events (birthdays and anniversaries) to appear in the Appointment section of the To Do bar? Thank you, I am not able to find this information.. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com You can't, other than by making them hourly appointments, no longer than 23:59 hours long -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchang...

Unable to track appointment when external person is invited
Our users are getting an error when they try to track an appointment in CRM where either the appointment was organized by someone not in our organization or where someone not in our organization was invited. As a sysadmin, I'm able to peform these functions without the error. The message they reads, "The logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view these records or perform the specified action." I believe this indicates a problem with permissions; and based on the fact that an admin can do this and other users cannot, this seems to be the right...

Outlook 2002
Office XP sp3 (Outlook 2002) non Exchange I have a network user who cannot create an appointment in his Outlook Calendar. In Day/Week/Month view, you can type in an appointment, but within a few seconds of hitting Enter, the label disappears and nothing more appears to happen. The monthly calendar shows bold, indicating an appointment for the date, and trying to enter another appointment on the same time on the same day generates a warning that there is an existing appointment. However there is no visible sign of the appointment. Now this is not an exchange setup, but the user has a ro...

Exmerge Problems
I have migrated all mailboxes from an Exchange 2000 Server to Exchange 2003. I have restored an IS to a Recovery Storage Group. I am trying to use the exmerge tool to pull out one user's information only. I continue to fail on the Exmerge with the "Error opening message store (MSEMS). Verify that the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is running and that you have the correct permissions to log on. (0x8004011d)" error. I have verified that my account is not denied in any form or fasion, I have permissions everywhere, and the IS is running. In fact, I am able to co...

Adding attendees to appointment
Have a recurring meeting set up, need to add different guest speakers to individual meetings. How can this be done without having them show up on the recurring basis? "Suz" <Suz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E58E6235-FC86-49BD-847D-824BE82DD7E0@microsoft.com... > Have a recurring meeting set up, need to add different guest speakers to > individual meetings. How can this be done without having them show up on > the > recurring basis? If you're going to change the attendees or the contents of the meeting's notes pane ea...

Resource hours for recurring tasks, please help
My project has a daily sync meeting where we meet for one hour every workday morning. I set up a recurring task, information below: Duration: 1h Recurrence pattern: Daily, recurring every 1 workdays Range of recurrence: Start: Thu 1/7/10, End by: Fri 5/7/10 Calendar: Standard The problem is that my Task view now show each Resource assigned to this meeting as having 689h of work apiece. What went wrong and how can I fix this? Well that's certainly not what you wanted is it. You can highlight all the tasks and change their task type to fixed duration (that will fix you...

Recurring Investment Transaction
Is there any way in Money 2004 to have an investment transaction set up in Bills / Deposits as a recurring transaction? This would be extremely useful for: 1) Automatic Payment Plan into an investment each month / quarter 2) Scheduled dividend income 3) Scheduled interest income Any ideas? I do not know why you can not add an investment account transaction to the Bills & Deposits section ? Thanks, Ken. Are these things possible? 1) Yes. This isn't even particularly hard or cryptic. I'm wondering if you have something different in mind than I do. Please describe precisely ...