Existing Exchange 03 server to new Domain

We currently have an Exchange 2003 server, we would like to install a
2003 domain and make the Exchange 03 server part of the new domain.  We
would like to copy the user accounts for exchange to the new domain.
Anyone have any info on doing this I am have some problems finding
anything on Microsoft's website.

0
jpnels71 (2)

you can only have one Exchange Org per AD Forest...are you trying to have
two different ones or is this a child domain type of thing?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"jpnels" <jpnels71@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> We currently have an Exchange 2003 server, we would like to install a
> 2003 domain and make the Exchange 03 server part of the new domain.  We
> would like to copy the user accounts for exchange to the new domain.
> Anyone have any info on doing this I am have some problems finding
> anything on Microsoft's website.

0
sconkey (3059)
5/10/2006 9:11:01 PM
Dear JPnels,

Are you going to install Exchange Server 2003 in the new domain ? and
migrate all the users and mailboxes from Old 2003 to new 2003 ?

if this is what you want, then i think you should use a famous tools called
(Active Directory Migration Tools version 2.0 - ADMT v2.0)

i personally used it to migrate 5400 Users with password from NT4.0 to 2000
and the migration was successfully. and i used it to migrate 1000 users from
2000 to 2003. and i saw my friend doing a full migration from NT4.0 to 2003
with desktops been joined to the new domain without changing of their
profile, also he migrated Directory Services from 5.5 to 2003. i am sure
that you can use it to migrate from 2003 to new 2003. there are certain
pre-requesits for it, your Domain should be at least in Native Mode, and a
trust relationship between the domain domains should be established. make
sure that the two domain do not have the same domain name / same netbios
name.

there is a new version of this tools, which is version 3, i was searching
for it since i heared about it availability under microsoft site, but i
didn't find it, and guess what :) i just found it, so you helped me getting
this tools, so thank you :):)

please download it , and read the documentation comes with it, it will help
you in your case. download this utility from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=6F86937B-533A-466D-A8E8-AFF85AD3D212&displaylang=en

please let me know if this post was helpfull to you.

Regards

Alaa Alian Al-Ankar
Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com

"jpnels" <jpnels71@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> We currently have an Exchange 2003 server, we would like to install a
> 2003 domain and make the Exchange 03 server part of the new domain.  We
> would like to copy the user accounts for exchange to the new domain.
> Anyone have any info on doing this I am have some problems finding
> anything on Microsoft's website.

0
alaa (132)
5/10/2006 9:30:45 PM
Thanks but I may be making this harder than it needs to be.  We
currently have a production Exchange 03 server with our external domain
name (exp: microsoft.com) and we currently are setting up a 2003 server
with a internal domain ( exp: microsoft.loc).  We would like to copy
all the users off the exchange server into the new domain and than move
the exchange server to the internal domain.

0
jpnels71 (2)

Exchange 2003 Queue problem
My internal mail MS 2003 server - users being authenticated by the DC/DNS - has on occasion stopped sending messages? What I have done, a couple of times now, is re-start the Exchange Server (I have stopped and re-started services with on luck!). After re-starting all works just fine! Is anyone else running into this problem and might you know what is causing it? Thanks ahead. What does the SMTP protocol log say? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in messag...

Exchange Calendar integration with WSS, 2 new ideas, need feedback
I have posted in the past for help with resolving the following scenario: Windows 2003 WSS WIndows 2003 w/ Exchange 2003 Windows XP SP2 clients Office 2003 sp1 http://intranet is the top level site, with each department having their own subsite http://intranet/<dept>. Each department site has an events calendar. Each department has a designated user responsible for the calendar. Using Side-by-side calendaring a user CAN drag from the Sharepoint calendar onto their personal calendar. HOWEVER, users CAN NOT create an event in Outlook and Drag to the sharepoint calendar. Because this...

Exchange 2000 #5
Does Exchange 2000 support spam filtering, and were is it located? Thanks Exchange 2000 on its own, does not. There are many 3rd party solutions however. I currently use GFI Mail Essentials and Mail security for Spam/Virus filtering. "Ken Zimmerman" <ken.zimmerman@littfintruss.com> wrote in message news:OYkHzj3NEHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Does Exchange 2000 support spam filtering, and were is it located? Thanks > > ...

How to find outside hostname of internal exchange server
I am trying to setup activesync but can't seem to get the right server name. Is there somewhere on the exchange box where I can find this info or do I need to get onto the router/firewall and see where mail is being sent? I am getting error 0x80072EE7 when trying to sync from the device. In news:Pine.LNX.4.64.0702261401320.14766@rob-campbell.com, Rob Campbell <poohba@rob-campbell.com> typed: > I am trying to setup activesync but can't seem to get the right server > name. It's whatever public A record exists for your domain, that points at the appropriate public I...

Re The NEW USCERT key
MEB wrote: (complete and utter useless information) Another useless post brought to you by MEB. On 01/21/2010 07:42 PM, 98 Guy wrote: > MEB wrote: > > (complete and utter useless information) > > Another useless post brought to you by MEB. You are an idiot... -- MEB http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm Windows Info, Diagnostics, Security, Networking http://peoplescounsel.org The "real world" of Law, Justice, and Government ___--- 98 Guy here more info for you to see PGP Frequently Asked Questions with Answers, Part 1/3 http:...

Force new record
Hi, I am using a combo box on a main form to populate records in a subform. 1st of all, once a record has been populated i would like the focus to automatically jump to the new record line. 2nd How can I make the new record line on the subform have focus on openeing the database? Is this possible? Regards John Try the following in the Open event of the subform: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec End Sub -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "John" <johnlee2509@btopenwo...

NEW DELL GX520 OX800CCC13 error
I've had this computer for less than one month. Now I have a new connection error, there is nothing wrong with my Verizon DSL settings. I just had to check them with another Microsoft error about a week ago. I have an Optiplex GX520. I am a single user, no network, just me. I use Grisoft's AVG Professional anti-virus. I have no other programs loaded, no firewall, no spyware. I use Verizon DSL and Outlook 2003. There are no end to the problems I have with outlooks, two other computers I returned to dell had problems sending out my emails, but different issues, no codes. Now I'...

offsite server connection
why are outlook clients in the local site connecting to an offsite exchange server for public folders access? this is what I find when I check the connection log from the local outlokk client all outlook clients are all office 2007sp2, servers are all 2007sp2 public folders are not replicated between servers is there something I can do to make sure all local outlook clients are all connecting to the onsite XC server? thnx That can happen if: - The local site doesn't have a public folder server - Active Directory sites are misconfigured and Exchange is not in ...

Error in Exchange 5.5 Public Folder access via Outlook 2000
Hi We're running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4, with the May 2004 rollup (841765 - Store.exe and Mdbmsg.dll = 5.5.2658.4) Outlook 2003 clients can access a shared Public Folders contacts list fine through the Address Book application, but Outlook 2000 users can't. Both groups can see and manipulate the actual folder OK, it's just the Address Book that's not working (either through the Address Book icon, or through creating a new mail and clicking on the "To" button and selecting the folder from there). Outlook 2000 users see a blank list, with the slider on the right siz...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

New hard drive
I purchased a new hard drive. Installed XP and Office XP. All of my outlook files on now on a backup hard drive. How can I move all the files to the new hard drive so that the new Outlook has all my old files. I can't find any of the data files for outlook. If you intend to keep the old hard drive for storage, just point Outlook to the old .pst file on the old hard drive. Close Outlook. Rename the new .pst file. Open Outlook and when it complains, point it to the location of your old .pst file. It will use this one for new mails and all storage of your Outlook data. --� Milly...

" error andthe "making new profiles"-solution
Hi; Since a week or two I get the error "Unable to open the outlook window" most of the times when I try to start Outlook for the first time (OL2003, from Office 2003, winxp prof latest patches for all). When I click ok, I try again to start outlook and that works ok all the time. The MSKnowledge base ( http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;252304&Product=out2003bcm ) tells me to delete a registry key and make a new profile. Before I try that solution I would like to be sure about what exacly happens if I delete the regkey and therefor delete the profil...

moving exchange 5.5 server to a different domain
I have an exchange 5.5 site with 3 servers in it. They are NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 They are all in domain a. There is a two way trust with domain a and domain b. I need to move one of the servers from domain a to domain b. Since I have permissions via the trust to the exchange services site acct. , is this as easy as removing the server from domain a and adding it to domain b, then bringing exchange services back up? Or is there a set procedure that should be followed? "=?Utf-8?B?Y2dsYWR5MjAwMA==?=" <cglady2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1A7E7702-914A-...

new email notification doesn't work?
In Outlook 2003, I have the option set for the semi-transparent notification window to pop up when I get new email, but it never does. Is there something I'm not doing right? Does it only come up in certain situations? Btw, I'm using the regular Inbox with a POP3 account. -- John Salerno Do you have rules moving your email to folders after receipt? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searchi...

My Exchange tabs are missing on my =?windows-1252?Q?DC=92s=2E?=
I have a new setup with 3 servers. Two domain controllers (windows 2003 std R2) One Exchange Std 2003 (not a DC only a member server.) If I create a new user on the exchange server, the wizard ends up creating an email address. If I do that on one of the DCs it just creates a user with no email. I have exchange tabs on the exchange server but not on the DCs. Everything during exchange install went well, but have I done anything wrong? There was a warning once telling me that this version on exchange could have problems with the windows version I am using. Is there a problem with Windows ...

IE and New windows 7 Install
Have recently installed 7 on my main home PC. This PC is hardwired to the net. I run a Belkin N1 wireless router for 3 other PCs in the house. My Media Centre PC is hardwired to this router and runs XP - connects to the internet fine. My son's PC runs 7 and connects to the router wirelessly and runs fine. My wife's latop runs XP and connects to the router fine also. My problem is that the main PC, while connected thru hardwire, will not connect to the net in 7. I am running both OS on two separate drives and XP on this main PC will connect. 7 won't. Am running out...

ActiveSync with front-end server
First the scenario: I just upgraded the organization from on Exchange server to three, two back-end and one front-end. We support internal users (Outlook and Entourage, no POP or IMAP), and external and mobile users connecting via RPC over HTTPS, ActiveSync, and OWA. Everything was working fine until I added the front-end, and now the iPaqs are getting certificate errors. Setting certchk.exe OFF has worked to get most of the phones receiving mail now, but I want to fix the problem properly. I have tried configuring a second virtual server as described in this article: http://www.mse...

there was an error reading the rules from the server
I'm getting this error when i try to run the "oiut of the office assistent". any idia? I run Outlook 2000 with Exchange server. Thanks Ronnie ...

MS CRM 3.0 and Exchange Server 2000
I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? check the implementaiton guide, it gives you system requirements "John Ding" wrote: > I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM > 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on > W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? > > > I have...

New server question
I just installed a new exchange server on my network and it seems to work great for reciving and sending external mail but the users on the old server can not send mail to users on the new server. They are both in the same domain. I have check the relay restrinctions and nothing pops out at me. users get an error that says: Relaying denied. Proper authentication required TIA these servers are in the same routing group? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:eICByC66FHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I just installed a new ex...

Leaving messages on server
Where do I select the option to leave messages on server so I can view them on another computer? In the advanced properties of your POP mail account settings. Without knowing your version of Outlook, hard to tell you more. Troy wrote: > Where do I select the option to leave messages on server > so I can view them on another computer? ...

MFC SMTP Server and Exchange server on one network
I have a Canon MFC that is supposed to send scanned documents by email to recipients in house. All was working fine until I installed an SBS Exchange server on site. Formerly the MFC was sending emails to their ISPs email server from where they would POP it. This mechanism still works in spite of me setting the Pri DNS to the Exchange Server. Not too clear on all this but if someone could outline the steps of having both Exchange and the MFC SMTP servers running on the same network so the MFC server sends the emails to the Exchange server, I would be much obliged. Regards, fredblah If th...

adding additional attributes not working with exchange 2003
Hi all, I'm still learning and have approx. 10 scripts that do what I need them to do, but now Boss wants exports to include either sAMAccountName, or legacyExchangeDN, or mailNickname? I have tried to include those attributes and I'm assuming because they are not in the same class is why they are not retrieving the data. I"m hoping someone will be able to help me figure this out. Thanks, J0seg I know...it would help if I show you the script I currently have... $day = Get-Date -UFormat "%Y%m%d" $computers = "exch02","exch03" G...