Exhange 2007 UM comparison

Hello all

currently we use a product called Televantage for our UM needs. I like the
new UM that is now part of Exchange 2007, but i dont know how it stacks up
agints Televantage. Below is a quote from a Televantage rep. Please let me
know if you agree with this and any comments anyone has that has experience
with Exchaneg UM

"Microsoft obviously sees the value in the Telecom space and is making an
effort to get into the game.  Outside of this article they are releasing a
Media Server that will provide Presence Management.  They have been talking
about this at the VoIP shows for the past couple of years.  They have a long
way to go to catch up.  At this point we are not looking to integrate with
their Media Server as we are manufacturing our own.  If anything MS will be
developing a complete pbx platform in parallel to other manufacturers that
have been doing it for the past century.  They are way behind, but will no
doubt be a competitor...some day".
0
Skip1 (502)

My Publisher 2003 documents don't open in Publisher 2007.
My Publisher 2003 documents will not open in Publisher 2007. For example, a 26 page document with text and pictures opens as 1 page with title only. Is there a procedure I should know? puzzled wrote: > My Publisher 2003 documents will not open in Publisher 2007. For > example, a 26 page document with text and pictures opens as 1 page > with title only. Is there a procedure I should know? ======================================== Can you open/create and view any multi-page documents in Pub2007? -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image High...

Outlook 2007 Connector keeps coming up on screen regardless of pro
Outlook 2007 is working but the small "Microsoft Office Outlook Connector" notice keeps poping up on screen regradless what program I am in, Microsoft type or other type program. The small window pops up every few seconds or so, all day long. When the notice pops up it locks up the computer till I click on Cancel. Boyd Eugene Craft Rogers, AR This is the password dialog or something else? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mai...

Want to setup a Table of contents from text in a Table
1. When I select text in a cell, to format that text to a specific Style, then the whole row's formatting change to that specific Style. or 2. The program put some other text into the table of contents that I have not mark Hope someone will help me. Thanks Answered in the Tables group. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Es" <Es@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D73B7F9-08BA-4876-A362-CA09056EC229@microsoft.com... > 1. When I select text in a cell, to format that text to a specific Style, > then the whole row's forma...

view email source code in outlook 2007
I just installed Outlook 2007, so that I can sync to a Blackberry, and I can't find the way to see the code of an email without opening it separately and selecting actions>other actions>source. In OE you just right clicked and the drop down message included "properties" and that included a button for "source". Is there an easy way to do this in Outlook 2007, or have I found the only way? (Not that big a deal, just feels clunky to me and I'd like to do it from the main window if I can). TIA, -- Don Don Evans, you wrote on Wed, 8 Apr 2009 02:05:18...

I cannot transfer an Access 2007 relationship diagram to Word 2007
I have created a relationship diagram in Access 2007 and I want to show this in a Word 2007 document. There seems to be no way to export from Access or import from Word. My attempts at exporting from Access produced a diagram of nothing in Word in that reports are transferred as .rtf. What about pressing Alt + PrintScreen on the Keyboard and pasting it into a word doc? Evi "robertdbadias" <robertdbadias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AED994B3-6DCE-4930-86E3-D496BEC0AED5@microsoft.com... > I have created a relationship diagram in Access 2007 and I want ...

Anoying Excel 2007 glitch
I tried to program a macro to open an online spreadsheet called http://88.208.xxx.xxx/hello.csv via VBA i.e I tried to use the proper IP address rather than the domain address www.xxxx.com/hello.csv. This worked fine when I wasn't using VBA in 2007. Worked fine in VBA in 2003. Unlike 2003, 2007 VBA gave a 'could not open' error message before going on to open the file . What's really annoying though is that now, even though I deleted the VBA command and replaced the IP address with the domain name, EVERY TIME I open 2007, it STILL gives me an error message telling me it...

How does EWS v3.0.4 sync Notes and Tasks with Exchange 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange According to the blurb on the new EWS v3.0.4, Entourage can now use Exchange based Notes and Tasks (yahoo!!). We're using Exchange 2007 with rollup v7.0 and EWS v3.0.4, but still can't work out HOW to get the Exchange based Notes and Tasks. <br> Using EWS, I can see the two folders inside the Exchange account, hut how are they actually mounted or accessed? This information is not noted anywhere in the 3.0.4 release notes, Entourage help etc I think I've found the answ...

Excel 2007 takes 20 seconds to close
Hello I have a situation where we have Office 2007 installed on a Server 2003 terminal server. All office applications seem to function normally with the single exception of Excel. It opens almost immediately, but it takes a real long time to close. Even if you do not open any spreadsheets. A little more info, our users rdp into a TS cluster via a Kemp load balancer. They have profiles on our file servers (DFS replicated), and of course when they log on to any particular TS, it creates a local profile on the TS. Their desktops are not only locked down, but are stored on file serv...

MS Office Professional 2007
There are no indications that any response has been posted relating to the slowness of MS Office Professional 2007 - Very Slow I have 1.3gb RAM and this is very slow compared to MS Office Professional 2003 M Perhaps if you post to a Windows newsgroup rather than one for Macintosh you'd get the response you seek:) Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx OTOH, if you *are* running 2007 on a Mac in VPC or on an Intel Mac in Parallels Desktop or Boot Camp it would be useful to know which configuration applies. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Offic...

Anti virus/spam in mixed 2007
I have 2 very good products in my Exchange 2003 environment that I need to keep until they are updated. If I install 2007 mixed environment can I continue to use these? I will install Hub, Mailbox, and Client server on the new box with no Transport server yet. TIA Bobby On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 07:56:49 -0400, "BJ" <bjanow@nospam.msn.com> wrote: >I have 2 very good products in my Exchange 2003 environment that I need to >keep until they are updated. If I install 2007 mixed environment can I >continue to use these? I will install Hub, Mailbox, and Client server o...

Convert DPM 2007 Eval to Fully Licensed
I have Data Protection Manager 2007 Version 2.0.8793.0 (Evaluation Version) installed. I purchased licenses but have been unable to register them becuase of the "Update DPM licenses.." link is unavialable or greyed out. I have tried installing the full version on top of the existing eval but it gives me the you are running a newer version erro and does not give me an upgrade option like this link says: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb968905.aspx I have several agents installed and don't want to start over. Any suggestions on how to convert from eval ...

is outlook 2003->2007 worth it?
I am using outlook 2003 heavily and couple add-in installed as well. Since 2007 is out there, I wonder if upgrading is necessary, is there any major change and additional useful feature in the new version? Will there be any problem just upgrading outlook 2003 (part of office 2003) to retail version of outlook 2007? I'll appreciate anybody here who had already used outlook 2007 and would like to share your outlook 2007 experience. -- Canixs, http://www.canixs.com IMO It's a lot slower. YMMV -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all...

what happened to saved mail in outlook 2007
what happened to saved mail in outlook 2007 Please see http://www.officeforlawyers.com/howask.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E7BF179-4CDE-470A-BFDF-4D16D48DDFAF@microsoft.com... > what happened to saved mail in outlook 2007 Nothing by default; it just stays there as you've left it unless you told...

Calendar View in Outlook 2007 missing checkboxes
Everyone who does support has those "special" individuals who can have the weirdest problems. Here is my latest: She has full rights to the calendar of an Administrator and even Reviewer rights at the mailbox level of his mailbox. Multiple times, she has clicked on the Calendar icon at the bottom of the navigation pane and when the view changes, there are *no* checkboxes in front any of the calendars in the navigation pane and furthermore, when she tries to access the Administrator's calendar by double-clicking on his name, Outlook says it can't display the calendar. Exit Out...

Outlook 2007 calendar only show 9 to 5 events
Someone told me that he could manage to set the calender view from 9am to 5pm? but he forgot how to set it again. Can i just set the display to show the events between 9 to 5? Thanks. You can open the menu tools -options, then select calender options, pop the dialog , select the proper time, that 's ok. "tony wong" <x34@netvigator.com> д���ʼ� news:e$khC0%23$HHA.4200@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Someone told me that he could manage to set the calender view from 9am to > 5pm? but he forgot how to set it again. > > Can i just set the display to show the eve...

Excel 2003 chart sheet disappears in Excel 2007
An Excel 2003 file has spreed sheets and chart sheets visible when opened with Excel 2003, but some of the chart sheets are not present when the file is opened in my Excel 2007 -- however, some are present! I sent the file to someone else who has Excel 2007 and he is able to see all of the chart sheets on his Excel 2007. What settings should I be tweaking to see all of the chart sheets? ...

Outlook 2007 side by side
I have been having trouble installing Outlook 2007 on new iMac. When I open Outlook...it tells me it is starting the installation wizard and behing that window is a box that says it is configuring accounts. Window stays up forever and does nothing. I JUST found out that 2 copies of Outlook cannot reside on the same computer. I have Office for Mac on the other partion. It does NOT have Outlook but it does have Entourage. Could this be why I cannot install Outlook on the XP partition? No, the mac version is separate from the windows version and they are running in separate ...

Can't remove office 2007 trail-language of installation package i.
I downloaded the trial offer of Office 2007 Home and Student, I haven't been able to use/remove it: I receive the error message language of installation package not supported by your system. I thought if I purchased the program from a retailer and installed it, this would solve this problem. However, I continue to receive the error that the installation encountered an error. How do I remove the trail version so I can install the purchased version? I'm still running XP and the trial version has expired. Try the following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218 -- Pet...

Excel 2007 error msg when saving
In Excel 2007, when saving a file, we get the following message... "Errors were detected while saving FILENAME. Excel may be able to save the file by removing or repairing some features" If we click continue, it gives us the file selection screen to "save as" Press enter, and we get "The file already exists. Do you want to replace the existing file?" If click "yes", the next message is "No errors were detected in FILENAME. No repairs were necessary" Click OK and it saves the file. I have searched newsgroups, but only find references to Tr...

Word 2007 strange characters?
When I edit Word Documents I open up a document/Letter, etc, with all sorts of weird characters in the document or letter. How do I edit a previously created Word file and get it to look like a normal document like they did with Word 2003? See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=923505 "How to install the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack so that you can use earlier versions of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word to open and to save files from 2007 Office programs". Artreid wrote: > When I edit Word Documents I open up a document/Letter, etc, with all > sort...

Excel 2007 Hangs up frequently
Hi, since a few days my Excel 2007 hangs up realy frequently. It happens that, even with a white workbook after a few seconds (let's say 30-40 seconds) I've started Excel and I simply move around with the arrow keys, Excel hangs up for about 60 seconds. Installing Office SP2 has been completely useless. I'm working with a Dell Latitude Notebook with windows xp pro. Anyone can help me? Thanks in advance Marco marco ha scritto: > Hi, since a few days my Excel 2007 hangs up realy frequently. It happens > that, even with a white workbook after a few seconds (let's say 3...

SERIOUS PROBLEM
When I open Outlook 2007 and start to veiw an Email, whether it's by opening or via the preview pane, the program immediately crashes. Error AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 12.0.4518.1014 AppStamp:4542840f ModName: mspst32.dll ModVer: 12.0.4518.1014 ModStamp:45428111 fDebug: 0 Offset: 000990e7 I have repaired, using the scanpst.exe, the PST file thinking it may be corrupted I have used Office Diagostic to Repair any corruption. I have read for 10 hours on anything I could find on the subject. I even formated my hard drive and started over again. Installed Outlo...

Too many temp files with Office 2007
When I changed the save option for my office products (Word, Excel, etc.) to save in 2003 office format (.xls, .doc, etc.), my system started creating a large number of temp files when documents were being saved. My attempts to use Disk Cleanup under System Tools does not seem to be able to get rid of them either. 1. Is there any way to prevent the excessive number of temp files form being created? 2. AND is there a way to automatically delete them so that they do not fill up my file folders. they look like this B6B1C2B1.tmp Do you have auto-save enabled? -- Milly...

In word 2007, how do I insert from a camera or scaner
please someone help me: need to know how to insert in word 2007 from a camera or scaner. I want to do it straight to word like in word 2003. On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 18:24:01 -0800, Diego Hector <Diego Hector@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >please someone help me: need to know how to insert in word 2007 from a camera >or scaner. I want to do it straight to word like in word 2003. See http://www.gmayor.com/scan_into_word_2007.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to...

How can I search for a document in office 2007 VISTA?
-- joni In the File > Open dialog, use the Search box in the upper right corner. It will find the search term in file names, in the text inside files, and in file properties such as Keywords or Comments. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...