Exchnage 2010 mailbox database name

Hello all

I recently setup a 2010 Mailbox server role, why is the default name of a
2010 mailbox database contain numbers? example "mailbox database 1996178628"

0
sawyer

Change it to whatever you want.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"sawyer" <occompguy@cox.net> wrote in message
> Hello all
>
> I recently setup a 2010 Mailbox server role, why is the default name of a
> 2010 mailbox database contain numbers? example "mailbox database
> 1996178628"

0
Ed

Cannot make individual name tags
Everytime I create name tags in Publisher I get an entire page of the same name tage when I print. I need one of every individual name tag created. I choose publications for print,labels, bookplate, name tag. I set up each name tag as an individual page and then when I hit print.....I get 8 name tags with the same info on them. Any help would be great. On 27 Apr 2004 18:19, "Bridgette" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Everytime I create name tags in Publisher I get an entire page of the >same name tage when I print. I need one of every individua...

MSDB database more large after "Clean up history"
Hi, I've a problem with system database msdb size, because after I run the maintenance plans " Clean up history" for delete all history < 1 month, now I've a size of 4.4gb (2.2 data and 2.2 log). Before the cleanup, msdb database was 2gb. On this istance I have about 1500 db and the autogrowth is set to "by 10 percent, unrestricted growth" and "recovery model" is simple. I just already shrink database file and log, but the size don't change. Help me. Best Regards ...

Removing Names from Name Manager
Is there a way to remove all the Names in the Name Manager in one stroke, as opposed to deleting them one by one? I have a workbook with several sheet tabs and each tab has upwards of 20 defined 'Names'. When I copy this file all the names on Thanks Click on the first name to select it. Hold down the <shift> key and click on the last name, scrolling down if necessary. This will have selected all the names. Then click on Delete to remove them in one operation. Hope this helps. Pete On Jul 23, 11:06=A0pm, Rob <robfl...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > Is there a way to remov...

Cannot add groups to Mailbox Rights.
Environment: Exchange 2003 running on Windows 2003. Forest and Domain are at Windows 2003 level. We have many group mailboxes that have a security group with Full Mailbox access granted to it. Yesterday when I went to Exchange Advanced >>> Mailbox Rights >>> Add I was able to add groups (or any security principal). Today the only object types I am able to add are "Users and Other objects". Evidently this does not include Groups, as they do not resolve. I am not aware of any changes that have been made to my account. I have checked with one other domain admin...

Separately named Forms?
In setting up a application where clients master info is to be entered, would/should I have one frmDataEntry and another frmViewClientData, since the frmDataEntry will involve strict Entry but with the frmViewClientData I want to utilize the various methods of SEARCHING for Client data, using ComboBoxes (drop downs) to select client of interest. I've always been confused by this. Can someone clarify to me? TIA, Jim You can use the same form for data entry and viewing/editing data. You can also have 2 separate forms, one for data entry, and one for view/edit the data....

Outlook 2003 does't recognise names in to: box
Hi all, In Outlook 2000 I was able to do the following: I have a list in Excel with names: A1: Harris, Tito A2: Fisler, Rahel A3: Bush, Sarah etc. I selected the cells copied them to Outlook 2000 to the to: box and waited for a moment or pressed Alt+K so that outlook would create the proper e-mail addresses. This worked fine. Programs involved: Excel 2003 SP1 - English Outlook 2003 SP1 - English Exchange Server 2003 -English Problem: When I try to do the same in Outlook 2003 it will only recognise the names where the smtp address is also the fullname such as titoharris@xxx.com but no...

Test Database
I need an inventory database with 5000 plus items to do volume testing on a handheld. Does anyone have a large test database I can use? ...

urgent..where to find the mailbox access log
My boss remember last time inexchange server V5.5, the event log will show who access the mailbox using others user name. But now after we upgrade to exchange 2003, i can not find the mailbox access event log. anyone can help where it is or need to reconfigure the audit policy ? thanks Event ID 1016 is logged in the Application Event Log - however, this event is only logged when you have Diagnostics Logging for MSExchangeIS - Logons set to Minimum. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=867640 -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blo...

Locking Named Cells
Lads, I have a lot of named cells in a workbook. Can I lock the name of th cells but allow users to change the data in them? I do not want them to be able to change the cell names becuase o references to them elsewhere in the workbooks. Lia -- wjoc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wjoc1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1528 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47473 Are you sure that the users are changing the names? Maybe they're just adding another name for that range...

user name password
It keeps asking me for user name and password. I don't remember them. Then you will need to contact your mail service provider for help. We don't know your username and password either. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Emily Phillips" wrote in message news:#2bXnwWFLHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... It keeps asking me for user name and password. I don't remember them. ...

Naming sheets from a cell value
Hi there, Thanks for reading my question. Is it possible to name a sheet from a cell value with in the sheet? i.e. I have 12 sheets, each sheet represents a month and the month value is in cell A1. Can I rename a sheet by refering to cell A1 instead of manually renaming the sheets to January, February etc. Many thanks Tony See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/events/sheetnamefromcell.html In article <127785E3-01B4-49B1-9966-8D79F795EFA4@microsoft.com>, "Tony4X4" <Tony4X4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi there, > Thanks for reading my question. >...

Capture Control Name Clicked
I am looking to sort a subform based on the column of data clicked. In the past, I have created a separate but nearly identical OnClick event for each label. In the interest of condensing code, since i have 25 columns, which may or maynot be shown depending on the SQL string built through code, and I don't want 25+ more Subs, all nearly identical... I would like to set the same function as the OnClick event of every label, and have the name of the label be passed to the function, from which I can get the column selected through a MID function. I can get this to work if I use Text B...

Outlook 2010 Beta, multi downloads
After doing a repair, the configering valid on line, on downloading mail, I get multiple copies of my messages. Win 7, Office 2010 Beta. -- Art ...

Solid State Drive (SSD) and Windows Server 2008 for Project Server 2010
Hello, I don't know anything about SSD disk. I expect to buy a new laptop with an SSD disk on Microsoft advice. Do you know if it's possible to partition such a SSD disk such as to install Windows Server 2008 besides Win 7 Pro? Thanks for your feedback Hello Robert, Doesn't matter if you use SSD or not, the configuration of the disk hasn't anythign to do with it. Important are the correct drivers. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, on...

mailbox rights inheriting permissions
Hi, I want to change the permissions of MAILBOX RIGHTS from a user but i can't do this because of the inheriting rights from the parent object. When i click advanced, there is no checkbox for turning inheriting rights off. How can i do that plz ? thnx! I am assuming you are using E2k or E2k3. The Mailbox rights you refer to are inherited from the Mailbox Store object. In the Exchange System Manager, go to the Properties of the Mailbox Store and the Security tab. The rights here may be inherited from a higher level as well such as the Admin Group or the Organization. Keep in mind t...

Protecting Range Names
Hi all, Are there any methods of protecting range names from being deleted? Or else is it possible to hide names? Thanks. Frederick Chow You can hide names in code. I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager: You can find it at: NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp His utility can do this pretty quickly. Frederick Chow wrote: > > Hi all, > > Are there any methods of protecting range names from being deleted? Or else > is it possible to hide names? Thanks. > > Frederick Chow -- Dave Peterson Fred...

DB Backup with date & timestamp in the backup name
I currently use the following .cmd file to backup my RMS database. Once done I send the backup file to my backoffice file server. :: Creates the newest backup on ONE (main server) from SQL query OSQL -U sa -P password -S servername -Q "BACKUP DATABASE [main] TO DISK = 'c:\temp\rmsbackup.bck' WITH FORMAT, STATS" However, I would like to take several backups during the day and would like to add a date and time stamp to the backup file name. I tried the following ..cmd file but get some syntax errors with the + sign. :: Creates the newest backup on ONE (main server) from ...

Restoring a Database
I created a back-up of my RMS database using Store Operations manager. When I go to restore the databse on a different computer (at a different location), I get an "Unable to Restore Error 5- Access is Denied." I have the sa password the same on both machines. Any suggestins? ...

Offline Terminal DataBase + Custom Table #2
Hello, I use the terminal database offline withe my POS (rms 1.3R). I create my database with Pos administrator, specifie the server for offline database. When I generate Z report , the database synchronize items and customers. But my problem is : I have a custom Table with Price connected to the Item's table, and this table doesn't synchronize with the offline database. Is it a solution to my problem ? or a tips ? Thanks Sorry for my english. Math HI Math, Off course MS not take care what you have added or deleted your own as this custom table is your own creation so ther...

Query Parameters error of the Upsized database
I have upsized my Access 2007 database to SQL server 2005 database (Front end Access Database and Back end SQL server Database). Following Adp query does not work as Accdb query after upsized the database due to parameters have been changed. Therefore, please help me to solve the problem. Accdb Query SELECT * FROM DONATIONS WHERE (((DONATIONS.PAY_DATE)>=[forms]![report].[STR_DATE] And (DONATIONS.PAY_DATE)<=[forms]![report].[END_DATE])); Adp Query(After upsized) SELECT dbo.DONATIONS.* FROM dbo.DONATIONS WHERE (PAY_DATE >= @forms___report___STR_DA...

I got 70,000 NDR's in my admin mailbox........
I have Exchange 5.5 - over the weekend I'll get about 70,000 NDR's to my admin mailbox. Any way I can stop this? you can tell Exchange to stop sending copies of NDRs to that mailbox... "____________HFCTPL______________________" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:785201c43122$207b0a00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have Exchange 5.5 - over the weekend I'll get about > 70,000 NDR's to my admin mailbox. Any way I can stop this? Where will it send them then???? Do you know where that setting is? >-----Original Message----- >y...

Office Live Add-in for Office 2010
Any plans to release an update to Office Live Add-in for Office 2010 to open and save documents to Office Live Workspaces? It's my understanding that for Office 2010, Office Live Workspaces has been superseded by SkyDrive, for which no add-in is needed in Office 2010. Eventually, documents stored on SkyDrive will also be able to take advantage of Word/Excel/PowerPoint 2010's new co-authoring feature. To get started there, visit skydrive.live.com. You get 25 GB of free space, which is a bit more than we had using OLW. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Bl...

automatically insert town name after entering zip code
I have created a sheet in which I am entering addresses. I created a drop down list for the seven zip codes I am working with. Is there a way to have excel automaticall y enter the corresponding town in the adjacent cell after I choose a zip code? Sure. You need a worksheet with the zips and towns listed on it, then you can use a vlookup. See this for a tutorial: http://www.officearticles.com/tutorials/an_extreme_tutorial_in_microsoft_excel.htm#boss ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "accessnovice" <accessnovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Lost Database 03-06-08
HELP......I have been working on a new database for several days now and while attempting to save changes to one of the forms, I received an "Out of Memory" error and before I could blink, everything had closed down. I got a message that a backup file was going to be created but nothing was. Now when I open the original database, all I get is a blank access window. No windows, no menus no NOTHING. Please tell me that there is a way to recover my database...... -- Christa Big sigh of Relief....my database has mysteriously resurrected from the abiss of lost databases. How...

Re: Database Compression
Hi, Does anyone know any tools, microsoft or 3rd party for compressing exchange databases? There is a product call go exchange which can fix the database and compress it by upto 40%...however i have never seen it in action... Any recommendations on compressing a exchange 2003 database? Thx & Regards, In news:D4B54133-C15A-457E-AC58-D99ABF44DFAA@microsoft.com, Gary K <GaryK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > Does anyone know any tools, microsoft or 3rd party for compressing > exchange databases? > > There is a product call go exchange which can fix...