Exchange2K problem

Hi,

I try in a new threat:

I have two different lan/wan�s (and two different domaine�s).
Domaine1 cannot recieve mail from Domaine2 - there is no problem the other
way.
Domaine1 can send mails to Domaine2 but Domaine1 cannot recieve any answers
from Domaine2.

There is also the same problem from two other domains: Domaine1 cannot
recive mails from these two. If there more Domains with problems - I dont
know.

BUT: Domaine1 can recieve mails from everybody else with no problems.

I cannot telnet from Domaine2 to Domaine1 port 25 - no connection can be
obtained. No problem to telnet from Domaine1 to Domaine2.

I have reset my router, I have looked in GFI - but I cannot find any problem
there.

Is a solution reeinstalling my exchange - to get rit of the problem or ??

Thx. for any answers (again).

Regards
Torben Br�ndum

0
tbr (15)

"Torben Br�ndum" <tbr@Xhenning-poulsenX.dk> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I try in a new threat:
>
>I have two different lan/wan�s (and two different domaine�s).
>Domaine1 cannot recieve mail from Domaine2 - there is no problem the other
>way.
>Domaine1 can send mails to Domaine2 but Domaine1 cannot recieve any answers
>from Domaine2.
>
>There is also the same problem from two other domains: Domaine1 cannot
>recive mails from these two. If there more Domains with problems - I dont
>know.
>
>BUT: Domaine1 can recieve mails from everybody else with no problems.
>
>I cannot telnet from Domaine2 to Domaine1 port 25 - no connection can be
>obtained. No problem to telnet from Domaine1 to Domaine2.
>
>I have reset my router, I have looked in GFI - but I cannot find any problem
>there.
>
>Is a solution reeinstalling my exchange - to get rit of the problem or ??
>
>Thx. for any answers (again).
>
>Regards
>Torben Br�ndum

We were going through this before the weekend. The last post was:-

"I can add this: When I from domain2 ping "mail.domain1" (I am using a
backup server) the the domaine name correctly is translated to correct
ip which is my wan ip to my home mailserver.
This means, that the DNS is ok - is that right ?
And if this is ok - then what about the telnet problem to port 25
Torben Br�ndum"

Remind us.

1. Which domain is at home
2. Which domain is at work

I think that we'd left it that domain2 (which I think might be at
home) cannot smtp to anywhere other than the ISP relay

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)
4/27/2004 8:18:49 AM
"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org>

> We were going through this before the weekend. The last post was:-
>
> "I can add this: When I from domain2 ping "mail.domain1" (I am using a
> backup server) the the domaine name correctly is translated to correct
> ip which is my wan ip to my home mailserver.
> This means, that the DNS is ok - is that right ?
> And if this is ok - then what about the telnet problem to port 25
> Torben Br�ndum"
>

> Remind us.
>
> 1. Which domain is at home
> 2. Which domain is at work
>
> I think that we'd left it that domain2 (which I think might be at
> home) cannot smtp to anywhere other than the ISP relay

Domaine1 is my home domaine
Domaine2 is at work

I have been told that two other domaims in addition to domaine2 cannot send
domaine1.

In exchange system manager (domaine2) I can see this in the queues:
The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt.

I cannot understand that some domaines cannot reach (telnet) my exchange :-(

Torben Br�ndum

0
tbr (15)
4/27/2004 8:44:34 AM
"Torben Br�ndum" <tbr@Xhenning-poulsenX.dk> wrote:

>"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org>
>
>> We were going through this before the weekend. The last post was:-
>>
>> "I can add this: When I from domain2 ping "mail.domain1" (I am using a
>> backup server) the the domaine name correctly is translated to correct
>> ip which is my wan ip to my home mailserver.
>> This means, that the DNS is ok - is that right ?
>> And if this is ok - then what about the telnet problem to port 25
>> Torben Br�ndum"
>>

>> Remind us.
>>
>> 1. Which domain is at home
>> 2. Which domain is at work
>>
>> I think that we'd left it that domain2 (which I think might be at
>> home) cannot smtp to anywhere other than the ISP relay
>
>Domaine1 is my home domaine
>Domaine2 is at work
>
>I have been told that two other domaims in addition to domaine2 cannot send
>domaine1.
>
>In exchange system manager (domaine2) I can see this in the queues:
>The remote server did not respond to a connection attempt.
>
>I cannot understand that some domaines cannot reach (telnet) my exchange :-(
>
>Torben Br�ndum

And has domain1 (home) got a fixed Internet IP address? If it hasn't
are you using something like dyndns.org for your dns?

Can you also confirm with your ISP that you are allowed/able to run a
server at the end of that line and there are no restrictions on the
line?

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)
4/27/2004 9:00:05 AM
"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org>

> And has domain1 (home) got a fixed Internet IP address? If it hasn't
> are you using something like dyndns.org for your dns?

Fixed

> Can you also confirm with your ISP that you are allowed/able to run a
> server at the end of that line and there are no restrictions on the
> line?

No restrictions - have been running (www, ftp) and smtp for a long time
without
any problems. I can fx. telnet port 80 on my home server.

I will call my ISP again.

Torben Br�ndum

0
tbr (15)
4/27/2004 9:23:10 AM
"Torben Br�ndum" <tbr@Xhenning-poulsenX.dk> wrote:

>"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org>
>
>> And has domain1 (home) got a fixed Internet IP address? If it hasn't
>> are you using something like dyndns.org for your dns?
>
>Fixed
>
>> Can you also confirm with your ISP that you are allowed/able to run a
>> server at the end of that line and there are no restrictions on the
>> line?
>
>No restrictions - have been running (www, ftp) and smtp for a long time
>without
>any problems. I can fx. telnet port 80 on my home server.
>
>I will call my ISP again.
>
>Torben Br�ndum

Then the final thing I'd suggest is that you tried a tracert in both
directions and see where the problem occurs. Your ISP (both home and
work) may need to help with this in case they're doing something to
block or control ICMP
Your other people who can't send to the domains could do the same.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)
4/27/2004 9:27:16 AM
"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org>

> Then the final thing I'd suggest is that you tried a tracert in both
> directions and see where the problem occurs. Your ISP (both home and
> work) may need to help with this in case they're doing something to
> block or control ICMP
> Your other people who can't send to the domains could do the same.

Ok - I have some news:

My ISP has closed for port 25 (for a long time). They are using a
backupserver
relaying mails to my static ip (hope you can understand what i am writing)

Is the problem, that domaine2 exchange server is sending mails "to" port 25
on my
static ip ?

Can the domaine2 server send mail in another way - ex as pop3 ?

The guy at my ISP said if domaine2 exchange is sending directly to domaine1
on port 25
it will not succeed. How can I chec i which way domaine2 exchange is
sending.

My ISP does not allow any port 25 trafic.

Can You understand what I am writing ?

Torben Br�ndum

0
tbr (15)
4/27/2004 10:48:36 AM
"Torben Br�ndum" <tbr@Xhenning-poulsenX.dk> wrote:

>"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org>
>
>> Then the final thing I'd suggest is that you tried a tracert in both
>> directions and see where the problem occurs. Your ISP (both home and
>> work) may need to help with this in case they're doing something to
>> block or control ICMP
>> Your other people who can't send to the domains could do the same.
>
>Ok - I have some news:
>
>My ISP has closed for port 25 (for a long time). They are using a
>backupserver
>relaying mails to my static ip (hope you can understand what i am writing)
>
>Is the problem, that domaine2 exchange server is sending mails "to" port 25
>on my
>static ip ?
>
>Can the domaine2 server send mail in another way - ex as pop3 ?
>
>The guy at my ISP said if domaine2 exchange is sending directly to domaine1
>on port 25
>it will not succeed. How can I chec i which way domaine2 exchange is
>sending.
>
>My ISP does not allow any port 25 trafic.
>
>Can You understand what I am writing ?
>
>Torben Br�ndum

Any sending server will try and conenct to TCP 25 if it has a peice of
mail to send unless it is specifically configured to send mail to a
domain on a different port.

What then is stopping you sending mail in the normal way, through your
ISP's relay? Is it that the ISP will not relay this traffic onwards to
our home server?

If you want you can use your work server to receive mail for both
domains and then use that server to relay mail from there to home
using a different tcp port, so long as they are just blocking tcp 25
rather than intelligently scanning traffic and stopping anything smtp.

Would that work for you?

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)

> Any sending server will try and conenct to TCP 25 if it has a peice of
> mail to send unless it is specifically configured to send mail to a
> domain on a different port.
>
> What then is stopping you sending mail in the normal way, through your
> ISP's relay? Is it that the ISP will not relay this traffic onwards to
> our home server?
>
> If you want you can use your work server to receive mail for both
> domains and then use that server to relay mail from there to home
> using a different tcp port, so long as they are just blocking tcp 25
> rather than intelligently scanning traffic and stopping anything smtp.
>
> Would that work for you?

I realy dont understand it - damn........how is it possible to recieve mail
from
other mailservers - are they "transmitting" in another way or what.

I have just sent a mail from my hotmailaccount - and recieved it without no
problems -
I am loosing all my hair on my head now :-(

Torben Br�ndum

0
tbr1 (2)
4/27/2004 12:51:17 PM
"Torben Br�ndum" <tbr@Xtorben-broendumX.dk> wrote:

>"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> >
>> Any sending server will try and conenct to TCP 25 if it has a peice of
>> mail to send unless it is specifically configured to send mail to a
>> domain on a different port.
>>
>> What then is stopping you sending mail in the normal way, through your
>> ISP's relay? Is it that the ISP will not relay this traffic onwards to
>> our home server?
>>
>> If you want you can use your work server to receive mail for both
>> domains and then use that server to relay mail from there to home
>> using a different tcp port, so long as they are just blocking tcp 25
>> rather than intelligently scanning traffic and stopping anything smtp.
>>
>> Would that work for you?
>
>I realy dont understand it - damn........how is it possible to recieve mail
>from
>other mailservers - are they "transmitting" in another way or what.
>
>I have just sent a mail from my hotmailaccount - and recieved it without no
>problems -
>I am loosing all my hair on my head now :-(
>
>Torben Br�ndum

I agree it's strange. But your ISP have said they're blocking 25 so
you need to beat them up to find out exactly what they're doing.

I think it's safe to say that your Exchange is behaving properly after
the DNS and SMTP tests you've done over the past few days.

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)

Here is fix for Windows file problems
If you have installed a Windows update and started having problems opening, closing, copying files, see: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&mid=1fe358b1-c8eb-4217-ad2a-4b9fcf741916 ...

Excel problem, File disappeared.
I created a file in Excel on a WinXP PC that I called pron.xls and saved it in the my documents folder, I then decided to move it and using Windows Commander F6 key (Rename and Move) I attempted to move it to a different folder and rename it to prn.xls at the same time. This process caused the file to disappear!! I now realise that this was because prn.xls is an invalid name. I tried to search for the original and new names but neither existed. There is no sign of it in the recycle bin either. Is there anyway of retreiving the lost data? Steve Barrowcliff As far as I'm aware no....

Problems with Outlook hanging (possibly CRM1.2 problem)
Hi, Apologies for the cross posting, but I'm not sure which is th ebest newsgroup to help... I'm Running a server with SBS 2003 & exchange. Installed CRM1.2 (at the moment it's only on the server & I can access via the web). I've not yet installed the Outlook client on my laptop. The problem is that I've been experiencing major "hangup" problems when connecting my laptop to the server. Everything works fine until I open up Outlook, then, although I an "ping" the server I am unable to access it either from Outlook to synchronise emails, ...

sort problems
Using Publisher 2000 and mail merge - large input excel files - sort sequence is crucial but does not hold. Doing a 20K pice mailing and addresses print out in basically no sequence at all - I've broken database down to 2000 names at a time - it will print 10 in sequence, skip 20, print 10 in sequence, skip 10 then eventually goes back and randomly picks up skipped addresses. I know the file is sorted going in. With mailings this big, this is a MAJOR problem. Anyone know what's happening here. How to solve? Help from Ed Bennett, MVP Adjust the Mail Merge Batch Size. There is ...

Query Problems
I have a table of ecards that is populated from a website and includes receiver, sender, and Team leader. The problem I am having is names can be entered into the table like this "Tom Thumb", but Team leader is a dropdown menu that is constant and lists name like this: "Tom S. Thumb". When I make a query to find all the members of Tom S. Thumb's team, I get everyone except Tom Thumb, who is member too. Tom Thumb has his own higher team leader, so I can't change that. How do I get Tom Thumb to be included when I enter "Tom S. Thumb" as Team Leader? ...

Outlook 2003 viewing problem
We are using Outlook 2003 from the Small Business Edition 2003 software, we have wireless router for our LAN and the modem connected to the router. We have 7 PCs in the Office. The problem is only on one computer, the user is receiving emails from people outside OK, but emails sent internally is another matter. Internal emails although they seem to be being received because the sound alert for new messages happens, but then the message doesn't display in any of the mail boxes. Also sending email from that PC to another internal PC on the LAN is not working. I have checked the ru...

Windows update site problems
So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new installation of XP Home),is it me or the site,and when will it be sorted out? -- Be happy,Strat4axe "stat4axe" <strat4axe@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message news:36618CFD-EF82-4F82-A7C3-90CF2DDCCEA5@microsoft.com... > So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message > telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new > installation of XP Home),is it me o...

Strange Problem when closing the database object
Hi All, I have a COM component using which is interacting with the database using the CDAODATABASE class. my applications works fine when i built it with VS6. when i built the application with VS2005, the application is suddently unloaded when i am trying to close the database. my database object is CDaoDatabase *m_DB; when my application calls the following method the component is getting unloaded. STDMETHODIMP CFeatureTable::Close() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()) HRESULT hRes = S_OK; if (!m_Initialized) return S_OK; TRY_DAO { // Nee...

Too many problems while updating information online
Several of my accounts are unable to update information online using MS Money 2007 Deluxe - ING Direct - Bestbuy Card (HSBC) - MBNA - Bank of America This is frustrating!! Anyone else with the same problems? Just keep trying, eventually it will work. If you're in a bind, download the QIF or OFX files from the institutions web sites -- B of A works better that way anyway :) Paul McKenna <Paul McKenna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Several of my accounts are unable to update information online using MS Money >2007 Deluxe > >- ING Direct >- Bestbuy Card (HSBC...

Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5 problem
Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5, i get the following message box: "The name could not be resolved. The connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavailable. All other clients are able to connect and resolve the mailbox name. I can't ping and resolve the exchange server from the problems outlook client. The problems occur after i run repair the w2k pro. can anyone help? EL can not ping... well start with basic IP testing. use ipconfig /all from a command prompt on the misconfigured client. Check for DHCP default Gateway - make sure it looks like a client t...

Access 97 to 2000 conversion problems 08-08-03
I am trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2000 but with great difficulty. If I try to load it in Access 2000, the conversion is attempted but on the apparent completion the new database is not saved and the screen is blank. If I try creating a new database and importing everything then this works fine for the data, but no reports or forms are imported. I have tried all the latest patches to MS Office. Any suggestions would be very welcome. ...

FileCopy Problem
I'm using this to copy a file...but it keeps turning red. FileCopy ('\\Backoffice\Data.mdb', '\\Backoffice\Trash') I'm copying Data.mdb to the Trash folder. Gotta be the syntax. Thanks DS Several things appear to be incorrect. First, FileCopy doesn't accept parentheses. Second, \\Backoffice\Data.mdb isn't a valid UNC (you're missing either the server name or the share name) Third, you need a complete file for the destination, not just a folder name. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "DS" &l...

IPicture: problem with transparent
Hello, I have a Win32 project that uses the IPicture class. Here is how I load the picture: OleLoadPicturePath (path, 0, 0, 0x00ffffff, IID_IPicture, (LPVOID *) &pic); everything is fine accept this: the 4th parameter in that function is the color that should be transparent when rendering but it doesn't work. I have a totally white picture and still it draws it. I read in MSDN that only Metafiles and icons can be transparent but even when i made an icon picture it still wasn't transparent. I also confirmed that the picture had the transparent attribute using pic->Get_Attribu...

Outlook 2003 Folder & Favorite-folder synch/update problems
I've been using Outlook since 1998 and I make my living at software support, so I'm usually hard to stump, but I'm sucking wind on this one. The problems below all started on the remote Outlook copy, so I have to imagine they're connected to the remote setup and OST files. But I've been through the settings and tried to re-synch, cleared the folder store and recreated it, etc., and nothing seems to correct the problems. Can anyone suggest a systematic way to diagnose and fix what's happening? Here's the story: I'm running Outlook 2003 (all current patches: ...

Amazing Problem in AllocPhysMem wince 6.0
Hi I am writing a Port Driver for x86 platform in WinCE 6.0. I want to allocate virtual and equivalent physical memory in driver and mapped it to USER mode to use application. For that I used AllocPhysMem in driver and passed that address through IOCTL calls but i cant use that virtual and physical address in application side. Because AllocPhysMem returns Error Code as 0x57 (meaning Parameter incorrect). But the same code is working in WinCe 5.0. My code snippet is, VirAddress = (LPVOID)AllocPhysMem(32, PAGE_READWRITE|PAGE_NOCACHE, 0, ...

Mismatched Memory -- could this be my problem?
Could mismatched memory modules be the reason why my computer freezes up with some programs? The SIW utility tells me that my two memory modules don't seem to be matched. One is DDR and the other is DDR2. The specs for my ABIT KU8 motherboard call for DDR, not DDR2, if that makes a difference. Here is what the ISW utility shows? MEMORY SUMMARY Maximum Capacity 1024 MBytes Maximum Memory Module Size 4096 Memory Slots 2 Error Correction None DRAM Frequency 163.6 MHz <--- should be 200.07? Memory Timings 3-3-3-7 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) CAPACITY Slot1 1536MB <--- wrong for K...

Averaging cell's...problems with Div/0
Hi guys. First time poster here so be gentle with me. I am looking fo some assistance averaging a range of 1 to 3 numbers. Here is what I have so far. =(D3+F3+H3)/(IF(C3=0,0,1)+IF(E3=0,0,1)+IF(G3=0,0,1)) This works great. What it does is checks to see if there is a value i the cell, then counts it and divides by the right number. I.E if yo only have two values out of 3 filled in it divides the number by tw instead of 3. My problem... if all 3 fields are 0 then I get a divide by 0 error. Any suggestion on how to fix this? I don't want my spreadsheet to loo messy before I start plu...

Login problem to CRM 3.0
Hi, I installed CRM 3.0 Professional Edition without any error. I can login perfectly from the CRM server either using http://localhost:5555/ or http://appserver:5555/ under the crmadmin user. If I login to an XP workstation with the same user (crmadmin) and specify http://appserver:5555/ in IE6, I got a login window - where I enter the correct DOMAINNAME\crmadmin username and password - and got the following message: "You are not authorized to view this page"..."HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized... I think the prolem is around IIS security, but what shoud be the next step. Th...

Extender problem with GP 10
Hi all, I setup a Dynamics GP 10 system for a customer. The system is used from HRM staff. I used Extender to add a number of extender windows and detail windows. On the Sever all users can access the extender windows but when they login on a separate terminal server (with a client installation) the Extender windows are not accessible. Only the Extender Detail Windows can be seen. When trying to go to the windows all users including sa get the following message: "Not all required fields have been entered for the window <window name>." I went in the extender and opened ...

upload form problem / server question
www.icingpictures.co.uk / win xp / frontpage 2003 Want to create a form with upload file form field - i read on this forum that the server type i use is important - it should be a windows type server with frontpage extensions - i currently use a linux server with front page extensions - do i need to change to a windows server? Thanks for taking a looka t my question. Joyce Yes, you must have a Windows Server, just like you stated you read. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "threademporium" <threademporiu...

outllook 2003 icon problem
I upgraded from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003. My Desktop Icon is the old 2000 icon however all other icons are the new 2003 icon. How can I change my desktop to be the new icon? On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:05:36 -0800, "Andre Monostori" <techguy@dslextreme.com> wrote: >I upgraded from outlook 2000 to outlook 2003. My Desktop Icon is the old >2000 icon however all other icons are the new 2003 icon. How can I change >my desktop to be the new icon? > Have you tried deleting it and creating a new one? -- <<<SgtRich>>> Email Client: Microsoft Offi...

Problem causing safe mode startup
I have a problem with Outlook in which everytime it starts I get the error message with the accompanying "do you wnat to let microsoft know about this problem" With either yes or no the next screen is the error message stating that Outlook did not shut down properly and do you want to start in safe mode. A "No" starts the whole cycle over . . .a yes starts it in safe mode with add-ins turned off. I have ran the repair script from the program and from the CD disc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it as well. Still the same problem and I have not had it befor...

UPDATE KB979202 MS silverlight problem
Hello, I was able to have all updates install, but i'm stuck with this KB979202. When I install it, a box popup (windows Installer) and ask for "enter path to folder containing installlation package silverlight.msi". ??? I try to uninstall silverlight and same message appear and ask for silverlight.msi?? Can anyone help? Thank in advance. By the way, I'm using Windows XP SP3 PRO. "powersupply" <powersupplydot007@gmaildotcom> ���g��l��s�D:O0dCAgz%23KHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I was able to have all updates i...

Fill Down Problem
I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I have a basic formula in cell C2 I want to copy the formula down in the cells below. The problem is that when I click the small black box in the corner of the cell to fill down the same number appears and not the result of the adjacent data. Here is the problem illustrated: 2 2 4 2 2 SUM(A1,B1) 2 5 4 2 5 SUM(A2,B2) 1 7 4 1 7 SUM(A3,B3) 3 1 4 3 1 SUM(A4,B4) It is clear that 4 is not the sum of the rows be...

Outlook 2003 account problems.
There are 2 active accounts in this Outlook 2003 setup. 1. Connects to an internal Exchange 5.5 server - this server does not have internet access and is only used for internal email between employees (set as Default account in Outlook) 2. Internet email account hosted by an outside vendor. Here's the problem. When you create a new message and use a combination of email address that points to an internet email (Ex. you@yahoo.com) and addresses from the global address list (you@internal.only), then select to use the internal Exchange account to send it, everything works fine. But if the ...