Exchange user account email properties not now showing in AD

I created a Windows 2000 active directory user and also an Exchange 2000
mailbox for that user which successfully worked. However when I open the
properties on the user in AD i can see the exchange property tabs such as
exchange advanced, exchange features, exchange general, email addresses but
within the email addresses tab, the email address assigned from the recipient
policy doesn't is not shown and is blank. I've tried to replicate AD, create
the user account, updated and rebuilt the RUS, tried to connect to exchange
using outlook however i haven't been able to locate the users mailbox.
Outlook gives me an error saying "the name could not be resolved. the name
could not be matched to a name in the address list". This problem is
happening to newly created users now and i'm not sure what the problem is.
Please assist me with this problem.
0
donny (4)

Try creating another recipient policy with high priority. Also please go thru
your event logs it might give you more clue.
--
Asif Ali Ansari
Exchange Administrator

"Donny" wrote:

> I created a Windows 2000 active directory user and also an Exchange 2000
> mailbox for that user which successfully worked. However when I open the
> properties on the user in AD i can see the exchange property tabs such as
> exchange advanced, exchange features, exchange general, email addresses but
> within the email addresses tab, the email address assigned from the recipient
> policy doesn't is not shown and is blank. I've tried to replicate AD, create
> the user account, updated and rebuilt the RUS, tried to connect to exchange
> using outlook however i haven't been able to locate the users mailbox.
> Outlook gives me an error saying "the name could not be resolved. the name
> could not be matched to a name in the address list". This problem is
> happening to newly created users now and i'm not sure what the problem is.
> Please assist me with this problem.
0
asif_23 (30)
4/7/2006 11:25:01 AM
Look at the LDAP filter on the recipient policy or policies that you use.
Has someone modified the filter to look for a specific attribute that is not
included with the new account?

Nue
"Luzer" <asif_23@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Try creating another recipient policy with high priority. Also please go
> thru
> your event logs it might give you more clue.
> --
> Asif Ali Ansari
> Exchange Administrator
> KNPC
> Shuwaikh Ind. Area
> P O BOX 42117
> a.ansari@knpc.com
> Kuwait
>

> "Donny" wrote:
>
>> I created a Windows 2000 active directory user and also an Exchange 2000
>> mailbox for that user which successfully worked. However when I open the
>> properties on the user in AD i can see the exchange property tabs such as
>> exchange advanced, exchange features, exchange general, email addresses
>> but
>> within the email addresses tab, the email address assigned from the
>> recipient
>> policy doesn't is not shown and is blank. I've tried to replicate AD,
>> create
>> the user account, updated and rebuilt the RUS, tried to connect to
>> exchange
>> using outlook however i haven't been able to locate the users mailbox.
>> Outlook gives me an error saying "the name could not be resolved. the
>> name
>> could not be matched to a name in the address list". This problem is
>> happening to newly created users now and i'm not sure what the problem
>> is.
>> Please assist me with this problem.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/7/2006 3:21:04 PM
Donny,

We have recently had the exact same issue on our Windows 2003 Exchange
Server. The solutions for the problem that helped us was at the
following Microsoft URL:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254030.
The problem was related to Inheritable Permissions to the User account
that you created. read this article and let us know what you find out.

Kyle

0
kylewent (4)

Hello all, I have a rather simple to describe but difficult to solve problem. Our customers want to use our ANSI MFC program to show different languages. For example Polish. When I set the font for the different controls they behave different. For example the CEdit shows the polish characters just right but the CButton with checkbox style shows glyphs instead of the special characters. Every control that is owner draw and uses for example the DrawText() function of the device context shows the characters right. I've experimented with _UNICODE for the display part and everything I could ...

Unlocking a User
I have GP10 and a user entered a password wrong too many times. I am logged into GP and an under 'Admininstration' and do not see a way to unlock the user. Am I in the right place? Where do I need to go? Thanks, John John, Are you enforcing password policies for your users in GP? If so, go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > System > User. Enter a temporary password for the user and check the Change Password Next Login box. Provide the user with the temporary password and the system will do the rest. Again, this is all assuming your are enforcing pas...

Exchange update problem

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Displaying property menu at runtime
Hello, Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so that the user may interact with the control? In my case, I'm speaking about the MsChart control which has a property menu at the design phase (when picking "properties" after right clicking on the control) Thanks Avi "avi" <aviben@bezeqint.net.il> wrote in message news:e2fc8178-471a-48b1-9671-fc81ca23c912@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so > that the user may interact with the control? > ...

Adding Industry Codes
I am picking up the pieces on a previous installation of CRM, and want to add additional industries to my industry dropdown in the Lead form. For the life of me, I can't find the proper table in the database. Can someone be good enough to point me in the right direction? Thanks, Chris Chris, You don't do this via a table, you need to do it via form customization. You will need system admin rights, then go into System Customization and modify the Lead form. After making the changes, you will need to publish the change via Deployment Manager and issue an IISRESET. Matt "Chris...

adding name /creating field/query?

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

hyperlinking email addresses

Outlook 2003

Options > Clean Up Now
First there is no community for Outlook Express 6 - Hopefully a Microsoft person will respond. Under 'options' > (tab) 'Maintenance' > there is a button that reads 'Clean Up Now'. The explanation reads that it will delete all downloaded messages. What the #%&!@ does that mean? Will all emails I have previously read be deleted? Is it only deleting the deleted messages? What? -- Shawn That should only apply to downloaded newsgroup messages. The outlook express newsgroup (yes there is one!) will be better able to answer the question. http://www...

DNS Error on Exchange

Exchange 2007 across account search

Incoming email slow to come in

Outlook Express 6 w/multiple accounts

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...

Distrebution List to send as internal user
I trying to sent up a solution that when someone emails sales@mydomain.com it should... Distribute it to the sales team. Look like it's comming from Sales@... NOT user@outsidedomain.com Any ideas? Thanks Peretz Stern wrote: > I trying to sent up a solution that when someone emails > sales@mydomain.com it should... > > Distribute it to the sales team. > Look like it's comming from Sales@... NOT user@outsidedomain.com > > Any ideas? Thanks If someone outside your office sends mail to a DL, it will be from the original sender. I can't think of any way around...