Exchange usage report

Hello,

I have a client that is having trouble keeping track of her users internet
mail usage. I don't have an Exchange server to look up the reporting
capabilities of Exchange (2003) to help her.

Can someone point me to an article or documentation on how to generate an
internet usage report? Something like From:, To:, Subject:

Thanks,
Brian
0
Brian8214 (439)

Quest Software has a tool.

Promodag has a tool.

Microsoft Operations Manager is a tool.

"Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a client that is having trouble keeping track of her users internet
> mail usage. I don't have an Exchange server to look up the reporting
> capabilities of Exchange (2003) to help her.
>
> Can someone point me to an article or documentation on how to generate an
> internet usage report? Something like From:, To:, Subject:
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

0
awebb7472 (650)
4/5/2005 7:51:39 PM
Thanks for the response Andy.

Its pretty weird that Exch. can't keep track of its own doings...

Brian

0
Brian8214 (439)
4/6/2005 3:05:08 PM
Well, it does keep track, it just doesn't have a pretty way to display it to
you.
If you wanted to run your own report, you could collect the perfmon counters
and summarize the information from the message tracking logs.  That's pretty
much what all the tools are doing.

> Thanks for the response Andy.
>
> Its pretty weird that Exch. can't keep track of its own doings...
>
> Brian

0
awebb7472 (650)

Reporting IRA distributions
I have an IRA account with corresponding cash account. I am trying to get the distribution from the IRA to show up as "Retirement Income" in the Tax-Related Transactions report. How to do it? The distributions are handled as a transfer from the IRA Investment cash acct to a checking account. Thanks for any help. Money 99, BTW. Do I need to upgrade to a later version? ...

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Moving Exchange #5

Backing Up Exchange Database

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Troubleshooting Exchange
I'm just wanting to write some 'proof of concept' scripts relating to Exchange that would help in troubleshooting any issues. Like the Exchange connections/second, etc. Are there any other qualitative data that can be used in general troubleshooting? Marco ...

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Custom reports #3

High Memory Usage after IS Maintenance Runs
I have an Exchange 5.5 server whose priv.edb file is about 2GBs. During normal usage the store.exe file is use about 70MBs of RAM. When the IS Maintenance runs at night the RAM usage shoots to 800MBS and does not come down after IS Maintenance is done. I have to restart the Information Store service to restore proper system operation. How do I fix this issue? Why do you think that proper operation is less than 800MB of RAM? By default, Exchange should take all of the system memory available and not 70MB (note that it should give it back when asked). That's normal behavior vs. w...

Outlook, Palm Pilot, and Exchange Server
I'm using Outlook with an Exchange Server (2000 Small Business). I installed the software for the Palm Pilot and now it prompts with a dialog box for the user to chose the following when they reply, forward or reply to all on an e-mail message. A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for (if you check the box) it gives 1, 2, 5 and 10 minutes. If you say no it lets you reply, forward, and reply to all. This is a nuisance more than ...

how to run onhand value report
I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:36:01 -0800, junebugg <junebugg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature You'll have to give us some more context than that, junebugg. What's the "onhand value report"? What's the "zoom feature"? You can see your database; we cannot! -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Migrating Exchange servers
We are in the process of migrating to a new exchange server. The issue we are having is transfering the user's outlook (xp, 2k) address book/contact list to the new server without manually having to log into everyone's computer and pointing their address books to the new server. Is there a way to do this authomatically server-side? You're moving the mailboxes, right? The user's "address book" is the Contacts folder in the mailbox. So, there's nothing extra to move. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

IMAP address on exchange sever #2

Link Outlook 2003 to Exchange 5.5 over VPN
Hi How do you do it?? I have a VPN, I can ping the ip of the mail server (NT4) but cannot see it when I test from within Outlook 2003 exchange account Cheers Colin Put the IP address and server name of the Exchange server in your local computer's hosts file and see if you can then ping by name - if you can, you ought to be able to access the mailbox. That's just one quick way to do it....but it ought to work. Colin wrote: > Hi > > How do you do it?? I have a VPN, I can ping the ip of the > mail server (NT4) but cannot see it when I test from > within Outlook 2003 e...

Can not open additional mailboxes in my mailbox after a exchange 2003 rebuild database
To Exchange 2003 Gurus I have a exchange server that serve a lot of users. 3 week ago I had to repair the database with great success. But now I noticed a problem that in the past I was able to acomplished I can not open additional mailboxes in my mailbox.(right click on my mailbox>properties>advanced>Advanced tab> and when I click on add I get THE NAME COULD NOT BE RESOLVE. THE ACTION COULD NOT BE COMPLETED. This message appear eventhough I did not type anything Here is more info -I am able to open additional mailboxes if I use a computer with my profile that I created before I r...

Departments on Z Report
Hello, I have noticed that as I set up new departments and categories into the database, the new departments are always printed last...or below all of the other departments. Is there a way to change this, and possibly have them organized alphebetically or in an order I would like? Thank You, Vicne Perhaps if you modified the department table usinfg Microsoft Access 2003 .... not that I would advise that :-) Vince... is this you... my buddy? Since you don't use an email address... I'm never sure if it you... and then I worry I'm getting too personal with someone I don'...

How do I assign a name to a PDF report via VBA
Thanks to the internet site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee336132.aspx I have the following subprocedure: Private Sub Print_to_PDF_Click() On Error Resume Next Dim reportName As String reportName = "HCBS CMgr Smmry Report" DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, _ View:=acPreview, WindowMode:=acHidden Set Reports(reportName).Printer = _ Application.Printers("CutePDF Printer") DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, _ View:=acViewNormal End Sub This appears to be a good start; however, it stops and waits for me to enter the n...

How can I count unique values in a query in the report footer 12-16-07
I have a report that gives me the count of the status of individuals . This works fine as long is there is only one record in the query (in my query there is one record per month). When I query 12 months (individuals may appear in various months) it counts each record of an individual. For Example in a query considering 12 months for a widow Jones it may count her 12 times and for a survivor named Smith may count her 8 times: Widows 12 Survivors 8 I would like to add a count in the report footer that will tell me how many unique individuals I have in the report (Example widows: Tot...