Exchange update problem

I have tried to upgrade exch2k3 sp1 to sp2, but the update fails with "the
file pcproxy.dll is in use, and setup cannot identify the app or srvc. setup
cannot continue"

Any clues/ideas/suggestions? Please.

This message has been checked for all known viruses.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential
and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege.  It is
intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to any other
parties without the prior permission of the originator.

0
nospam4062 (39)

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:31:18 -0000, "Alan C" <nospam@noisp.com> wrote:

>I have tried to upgrade exch2k3 sp1 to sp2, but the update fails with "the
>file pcproxy.dll is in use, and setup cannot identify the app or srvc. setup
>cannot continue"
>
>Any clues/ideas/suggestions? Please.

Stop all of your anti virus, anti spam, fax, plug ins etc. etc.
0
mark7219 (5666)

Front End Exchange 2003 OWA for a Back end 2000
Hey everybody, At the minute we're in the process of upgrading our 30 odd servers to Windows Server 2003. The Domain Controllers are still running Windows 2000. My question is : Can I install an Exchange 2003 OWA on a Windows Server 2003 to connect to an Exchange 2000 Server in a Windows 2000 Domain (Native Mode) Do I have to upgrade the whole domain first ? What about notions of Front End / Back End ? We would like to do this to benefit from the new OWA (As it's sooooo cool :)) Thanks for your replies, Mike You can use an E2K3 FE to connecto to an E2K BE, but you only get OW...

Update Manager
Everytime I boot up my PC a small window pops up entitled "UPDATE MANAGER". It shows two progress bars, but nothing ever happens. Why is this window popping up every tiem I turn on the computer and how do I get it to stop? It never used to do this, it just statred lately. Thankyou. tony Because you installed something which features an update manager "Omaha Tony" <OmahaTony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A08659C0-1560-4E8C-8A1C-76A5B1DBB1F8@microsoft.com... > Everytime I boot up my PC a small window pops up entitled "UP...

Outlook 2000 doesn't respond after downloading MS update!!
Luckily, my Outlook Express seems to work, but my Outlook 2000 will open, but if I click on a message or do Anything, it FREEZES. HELP!! I rely on calendar functions, other things. HOW could MS allow an update that screws up their own programs? I did restore - to no avail. I lent CD to someone, so can't do "repair." (Trying to get a hold of friend) Please help! I'm in process of job hunt & really need Outlook to function... Thanks, Sherry Did you recently apply SP3 for Office/Outlook 2000 and is Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode? If yes, you...

Installed Second Exchange 2007SP1
I have ABC domain with two Sites STL and GVL. I had my exchange server 2007SP1 installed in STL. Now GVL installed a Exchange 2007SP1 server. All looks good but I get the following error message from time to time in the EMC on my Server in STL. There is a Firewall between us should there be some ports open for them to communicate. Thanks for your help! -------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Exchange Error -------------------------------------------------------- The following error(s) were reported while loading topology information: Get-ActiveSync...

Default Exchange Receive Connector
Hi all, I just installed Exchange 2007. There were two receive connectors already setup during install, I have a question on the "Default Exchange Receive Connector." If I want public mail servers to be able to send mail to my exchange server, do I need to enable "Anonymous Users" on the "Permissions Group Tab" of that connector? Robert Exchange Server 2007: internet email without Edge servers http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/07/exchange-server-2007-internet-email.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia....

Exchange 2003 on a Domain Controller.
Hi All, I have a WinNT/Ex5.5 to AD 2000/03 and Ex2k3 migration to do. The client is a small company with only about 15 users. The are a network solutions company that needs flexibility so SBS is out of the question. My initial thought was to have 2 Win2k domain controllers/file servers and one Win2k3 member server running Ex2k3. They only have 2 Win2k server licenses and 1 Win2k3 server license. The problem is that they want to be able to use RPC over HTTPs. I understand that requires a 2003 Global Catalogue server. So, my plan of the 2000 DCs doesn't work. My question is:...

Changing Interface OWA (exchange 2003)

Questiontest-outlookwebservices problem
hi all and thanks for the support. i'm facing a problem with test.outlookwebservices. notice that oulook side everything seems to be pretty good: the autodiscovery and auto-configuration of the account succeedes, the test email autoconfiguration suceedes too. when i launch the test, once it suceedes for certain services and after a while it fails for those services and suceedes for other. look the prints: here are failing the RPC tests Message : [EXCH] The UM is configured for this user in the AutoDiscover response received from https://mytest-EXC1. myt...

Problem with systemstate backup with DPM 2010
Hi! We running DPM 2010RC on a Windows 2008 R2 The Protected computer is: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790 When we installed the DPM agent the first backup of system state was successfully, so we have one restore point. But further backups in failing, the system state backup is in status “replica is inconsistent” and when I running a consistent check the job failing. In the error in DPM is: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on sea0700smon1.xxxx.local is inconsistent with the protected data so...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

08 Mac Office activation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Just found an article posted by michellec and I am faced with exactly the same problem - on 'activation' of the product, none of the 3 product keys seem to be correct, hence activation is unsuccessful!! Have received some help emails (and thanks Diana yours had the microsoft help number that has been good, despite the fact they can't help me and tell me I must get in touch with Digital River) but seems that what I need is another product key, and now that I'm asking for that since about 10 days, I don't get any reply ...

SP2 Exchange default disclaimer
Hello: I am currently using free GFI tool to provide a default disclaimer on outgoing SMTP email. I was wondering if SP2 will provide this feature on Standard Exchange 2003 server. Thanks, Cindy I'm running the CTP of Exchange 2003 SP2 and haven't seen that as a feature. "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2D2E367-BEB9-49BF-98D3-5C1AE2D08B03@microsoft.com... > Hello: > I am currently using free GFI tool to provide a default disclaimer on > outgoing SMTP email. I was wondering if SP2 will provide this feature on > Standar...

Autoshapes' visible problem
When I add some Rectangle autoshapes above the embeded chart, I find it's hard to control it's visibility, They maybe hide when I select some cell or activate chart. I want to know how to make them always visible no matter what I select. Thank you in advance! ^_^ Yours,fujing You need to click on the chart before you use the drawing tool. In this way the Shape and the Chart become one. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fujing1003" <fujing1003@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171358292.074278.135950@v33g2000cwv...

Store limit in Exchange
I'm currently researching the migration of my organization's mail system to Exchange and see that the standard edition of Exchange has a data store limit of 16GB. If we were to do a front end, back end setup with two server and the back end server that has the data store were to reach the 16GB limit would adding another back end server resolve this? I read in another post that this would double the space. But doing this the users that are currently create would have to be split up and some moved to the new data store server correct? Also since the Enterprise edition allows m...

Update Query
Access 2003 XP SP2 I am having a problem with an update query. Table is in a one-to-one relationship, referentail integrity and cascading data are checked. (The fileds I want to update are not in both tables) Table name= payForward Has 15 fields ie: ID, Name, MemID, Oct , Nov, Dec, etc Oct-Sep fields are yes/no type I want to "select" a field (Oct-Sep) via a query parameter and repalce "yes" with "no". Here is my query: UPDATE payForward SET [Enter month]=No The messages I get is 'operation must use an updateable query' Wh...

How do I lock a chart so it will not update?
That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in Excel but not all the data cells are used. Everytimg I open the chart it wants to update and I want it to stay the same. Any ideas on how to lock the chart? Hi Just a few ideas: You could lock the cells that are shown in the chart. Or you could copy the cells and paste as values (assuming formulas were used that update when other cells change). -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Locking a Chart" wrote: > That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in ...

Microsoft Update 'left behinds'
Every time I download and install the latest Microsoft Update 'fixes' to XP-Pro, the file space taken up by XP-Pro grows and grows. While this will be an elementary question to many, is some of this XP-Pro file space 'growth' being caused by stuff that the 'fixes' leave behind and files that XP-Pro no longer needs? If so, can these 'left behind' files be gotten rid of so as to reclaim some HD space? Are there any pros and cons to deleting these 'left behind' files? Assuming that these 'left behind' files can be deleted, what i...

Exchange 2003 environment
Hello, I have one Windows 2000 server as a domain controller running Exchange 2000. Is it possible to do an upgrade of exchange only to Exchange 2003 but leave Windows on 2000? or will I need to upgrade windows to 2003 as well? From what I have read it looks as if Exchange 2003 will run in a Windows 2000 domain but I just want word from someone who has some experience. Thanks, Chris DeFreitas Yes you can upgrade to Exchange 2003 without upgrading to Windows 2003 -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Chris DeFreitas" <chris@N...

Outlook xp Offline folders vs O2k3 Cached Exchange mode
I recently upgraded a group of executives from Outlook XP to Outlook 2003. I used the "upgrade" option. I also installed O2K3 SP1. They all have laptops and use offline folders. Several have had various offline folder issues since the upgrade. Is there something I need to configure in order for them to continue to use their offline folders? or Does Cached Exchange mode replace Offline folders? Are there known issues with the upgrade and offline folders? I'm not sure what to look for. Thanks in advance for your time! techguyasap <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

removing first exchange server in org
I am ready to move the first exchange 2k3 server from my organization. I have followed the steps in article 822931 and finished them. I am just noticing that one of the public folders - entitled system configuration - is not covered in the instructions in 822931 and is set for replication between the source(server being taken out)and destination server. Should i remove the source server or does it matter. Thanks ...