Exchange update problem

I have tried to upgrade exch2k3 sp1 to sp2, but the update fails with "the
file pcproxy.dll is in use, and setup cannot identify the app or srvc. setup
cannot continue"

Any clues/ideas/suggestions? Please.

This message has been checked for all known viruses.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential
and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege.  It is
intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to any other
parties without the prior permission of the originator.

0
nospam4062 (39)

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:31:18 -0000, "Alan C" <nospam@noisp.com> wrote:

>I have tried to upgrade exch2k3 sp1 to sp2, but the update fails with "the
>file pcproxy.dll is in use, and setup cannot identify the app or srvc. setup
>cannot continue"
>
>Any clues/ideas/suggestions? Please.

Stop all of your anti virus, anti spam, fax, plug ins etc. etc.
0
mark7219 (5666)

date problem
I want to be able to type 110503 and have it show up as 11/05/03 so I selected that date format. Problem is when I type 110503 I get 7/19/06. Is there any way to do this? Excel counts the number of days from its base date - in your case I assume that you are using the 1904 date system - and formats it to look like a date. Try entering today's date and then re-formatting it as General - you should see 36756. Excel therefore takes your entry of 110503 as day 110503 from the start date of 1/1/1904 which is 19 July 2206 in your selected format it shows up as 1/19/06 HTH Sandy -- to ...

Converted back to Outlook 2007 from 2010.. really annoying problem
I just switched back to Microsoft Office 2007 from 2010 due to issues. Now when I converted back, my Outlook ALWAYS displays this message when I open it. "The mail profile "Outlook" was created with a newer version of Outlook and might contain information that is not compatible with your current Outlook version. If you experience problems with this profile, you can create a new profile. In Windows Control Panel, open mail, then click Show Profiles, and then click add." Now I have tried several things: 1. delete my old profile and RE-make it, although it was...

Exchange 2003 Categorizer errors
We just added a Exchange 2003 server to our Exchange 5.5 site. (We are also running 2003 AD.) Periodically the Event Log shows the following error messages when a user sends an email out. (All these users are users of mailboxes that have been moved to the 2003 server.) The message is delayed a little bit but it eventually gets to its destination. I can't find any docs on these error messages. Any Ideas? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Categorizer Event ID: 6010 Date: 8/24/2004 Time: 10:20:18 AM User: N/A Computer: CORPSRV27 Description: Cate...

Outlook 2002 SP3 Virtual Memory / Crashing problem
Hello, all. I have Outlook 2002 SP3 on my work laptop. (thus, upgrading is not an option.) I have recently broken out the .pst into multiple files, and run the outlook repair program against the main .pst file. Even before that I have had a problem where outlook, even sitting, will in a period of time (anywhere from 20 minutes to hours) will lock up. It will lock up the entire computer. A Virtual Memory is running low, making more box is presented, and eventually outlook will crash. Then the computer recovers. It can lock the computer up for 5 minutes. Any quick ideas? My main PST file is ra...

Exchange and BlackBerry's
Right now we are running exchange 2003 standard, and we have some black berry's. The only way we can get email redirected to the black berry's is to use the desktop redirecter. Is there some other way to do this that doesn't require the desktop redirector? Thanks yes...you can use the Blackberry Enterprise Server... "James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message news:uNK5VQOTFHA.2548@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Right now we are running exchange 2003 standard, and we have some black > berry's. The only way we can get email redirected to the black berry...

Outlook 2010 Beta and Exchange 2003
Specs: Windows 7 Pro on HP nw8440 laptop. Does anyone know if Outlook 2010 Beta is compatible with Exchange 2003? When I try to setup Outlook 2010 Beta I get the following error: "The action cannot be completed. The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete the connection". However I can ping the Exchange Server and I know it is working as I can setup Outlook 2007 with no problem. papparuff -- papparuff http://forums.slipstick.com I have it working successfully here so yes. How are you configuring your ...

Exchange 2003 Store.exe failure
Hello, Our Exchange Server 2003 recently exhibited the same issues as described in Nicolas Harnois's post (http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=umCQCkuhDHA.944%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl). The problem starts with the following error: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Exchange Server Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 2/25/2004 Time: 3:43:10 AM User: N/A Computer: ACCEXC1 Description: The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Exchange Server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registr...

Inadequate Memory Problem
I was trying to cut and paste a few images into Word Perfect, and experienced a failure saying 'inadequate memory'. I have 2GB DDR in four 512MB segments. I wonder what the problem might be? Thanks Duke jw@eldorado.com wrote: > I was trying to cut and paste a few images into Word Perfect, and > experienced a failure saying 'inadequate memory'. I have 2GB DDR > in four 512MB segments. I wonder what the problem might be? The exact wording was "inadequate memory"? Yes - the exact wording is important here. The title of the window that ...

User Manager Login problem
Hi, I've just installed MS CRM 1.2. Everything works fine, however when I attempt to logon to the User Manager, I get the following error: "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON." (80040e4d) Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Mike Mike, Did you go through the steps of assigning a license to the Admin user? Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 04:55:49 -0400, "mikieg_99" <mike.gallagher@etypemedia.co.uk> wrote: Hi, I've just installed MS CRM 1.2. Everything work...

Exchange server not showing quarantined attachments but users are
We recently upgraded to 2003 outlook. By default our Exchange server quarantined attachments. We have corrected the problem and proper attachments are no longer being quarantined (None are currently being held). However ALL attachments for ALL users before the upgrade are still quarantined. Any Thoughts? What do you mean by quarantined? Do you mean the attachments were blocked or are you referring to an AV client. Nue "Jacob" <Jacob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BBCBF22-E721-4189-A25E-9D40D33F5A7D@microsoft.com... > We recently upgraded to 2003 o...

problem with array of derived class
Could I get a hand with trying to build a particular array? I have a base class CActRectangle, and classes such as CActSquare derived from CActRectangle. The variable int m_nType is used to identify the class, e.g., ART_SQUARE, and so on for other derivatives. When I try the following: CArray <CActRectangle*,CActRectangle*> ActRectangleArray; CArray <CActSquare *,CActSquare *> ActSquareArray; ActRectangleArray m_Rectangles; ActSquareArray m_Squares; . . . m_Rectangles.Add(new CActSquare()); . . . for(int i = 0; i < m_Rectangles.GetSize(); i++) if(m_Rectangles[i]->m_nT...

VC6: MFC: CToolbar: Problems attaching CImageList
I've created a dialog project and added MS Toolbar 6.0 and MS ImageList 6.0 ActiveX controls to the toolbox. I then add the Toolbar and the ImageList to the form. When I edit the toolbar's PROPERTIES -> CONTROL, the selection for ImageList only says <None>; it does not see the ImageList I've added to the form. What else do I need to do? Thanks, Vernon. ...

Exchange server not responding
I can't get into my new outlook 2003. It is saying the exchange server is unavailable. I don't know what to write for the exchange server? Help Ask your Exchange Admin - we would not know the server name. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Olivia asked: | I can't get into my new outlook 2003. It is saying the | exchange server is unavailab...

Problem with MS CRM Token in sending email from comaigne.
Hello, I have a problem with executing campaigns in MS CRM. I added a marketing list to campaigns activities and sending mail merge email to all my clients. Emails which were sending from mail merge (use word) do not have a MS CRM token in their subject. So answers are not automatically linked to campaign activity. In my MS CRM system settings dialog box I set option email tracking for enabled and I don’t have problem with sending email form MS CRM. Any suggestions? Thx for your help. ...

Update charts
I am working in a new company, they are using a excel with a 20 charts for a report. 20 charts from different data sourse. But the problem is every month, I need to delete the first column data and add the new column in the end for the new data for the new month. Then I need to update the charts, each chart has 10 series, the old way to do it is to update every series manually. I am trying to use the programme to update the chart automated. Is there any one can help me on this. Thank you. ...

Limited Purchasing Security Setup Problems
I am trying to create a very limited purchasing account. The person will need to enter POs, receive them, and view basic item and Item planning information. I have the account pretty close to what I want but I have some them still displaying that I don't want. Can someone tell me where I need to look to turn these things off/fix the problems? We are running GP10 SP3. I have the following Task IDs Assigned: DEFAULTUSER INQ_INV_001 INQ_INV_002 INQ_INV_003 INQ_INV_007 INQ_PURCH_004 RPT_INV_005 RPT_INV_006 RPT_PURCH_001 TRX_INV_002 TRX_INV_005 TRX_PURCH_001 TRX_PURCH_004 TRX_PURCH_006...

Exchange Server 5.5 #4
I have Exchange Server 5.5 SP4. I have configured the mail connector not to allow relaying by selecting the Routing tab, then selecting "Reroute incoming SMTP mail" Then under Routing restrictions, I selected "Hosts and clients that can succsesfully authenticate" When I telnet to my Exchange server from an outside source, I am still able to relay mail. any ideas? Thanks Matt "Matt Fitz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have Exchange Server 5.5 SP4. I have configured the >mail connector not to allow relaying by selecting the...

Problem with autofilters
The new Excel 2007 is very good, all the possibilities to work with big databases, the flexibility in pivot tables and filters is awesome. However I am having a very big problem. When I am working with autofilters I can't choose a category and fill the row of other column or the same because the hidden values are overwritten. The same happens dropping rows or copying. This is very uncomfortable and didn't happened with the last Excel. Thanks for your help. Hi Kathe Could you explain a little more about the problem you are experiencing. I find the behaviour in XL2007 with Autofilter, ...

DOS Attack
We have been the targets of some kind of DOS attack in that a remote server continually transmits a garbage message to <fictitious random name>@<realserver.com>. The main result is that before we figured what was going the Administrator mailbox got clogged up with 1.4 million NDR's. Two queries:- 1) Anyone know a quick way to clear the Administrator mailbox. The Mailbox Cleanup Wizard only does around 300 at a time then stops. Logging into the mailbox -> select all hangs the system. Selecting more than around 4000 and deleting gives a not enough memory error. 2) For...

exchange 2003 SP1 #4
I would like to upgrade to SP1 plus the post SP1 hotfixes. Let me give a brief summary of my environment and see if anyone knows of any issues I will encounter. 4 node (3 active/1 passive) cluster Mixed mode 2 front end servers (OWA and SMTP. No Pop, IMAP, or mobile devices) 1 server running Exchange 2003, ADC, and SRS 10 exchange 5.5 servers with a few mailboxes, public folder, conference rooms, etc. left on them -these will be going away in the next few months 2003 AD mixed Mode Blackberry enterprise server version3.6.3.17 Sybari Antigen 8.00.1470 It seems I should : 1) backup every...

Exchange 5.5 and Vodafone Text Centre
Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 server SP3 Outlook 2002/2003 on Windows XP SP1 Mailbox count = 150 Symantec AntiVirus installed and running on all servers and clients with latest def files. Our exchange server has been running really slow for past one week to 10 days. We have just dafraged the priv database last night but did not resolve the issue. After much digging around, it turns out that only two users are causing the CPU to peg at above 60% when they open unread mail. The dreaded "Requesting data from the mail server" comes up for these two users whenever they open unread ma...

countif problem #5
i have employee names in column m2:m16.i am using the countif to count the number of times an employee shows up in the list.for some strange reason countif will not work with the name steve!! any suggestions? thx wynb -- wynb Because "steve" in your list and "steve" in your lookup cell or formula is *not* the same. Type the name in manually in both places, and you'll see what I mean. There may be leading or trailing spaces or some other invisible characters present in one or the other. -- HTH, RD -----------------------------------------------------------------...

problem with CDataSource throving exception
Hello! Here is the whole method called DBInitCommandTemplate below that cause the DS.Open to throw an exception after this method has been called several times. Sometimes it's after 10 times or more and sometimes it's less then 10 times. As I have written in many previous mail I have only one statement in the try block and that is the DS.Open so as far as I understand it's only code within this DS.Open that can cause the catch handler to be called. I have made a minor change in the code when calling the DS.Open and that is I use literal value directly as parameter when calli...

Public Folder Calendar Items not Updating
Hi, we are in an Exchange 2003, Server 2003, Office 2003 Environment. Each department in our organization has a shared calendar in our public folder structure. There are several people that have to update these calendars. Recently, one of the people doing the updates has received the following message in the info bar for the sent calendar update: "This item was not completely updated during the last server synchronization." When this happens, the attendees for meetings will sometimes get the update, and sometimes not. The calendar item on the public calendar will not reflect the u...

Exchange Explorer 'Server not avalible' error
Hello, I have just installed sdk dev tools for exchange so that I can add a script to a mailbox to export .zip files on my exchange 2003 server. I have the script but when I run the Exchange Exploer and try to connect using my administrator account and pass and the http://server1/exchange/mailbox http://server1/exchange/mailbox/folder http://server1/public I get the below error after I say yes to the message 'This page is accessing information that is not under it's control. This poses a security risk. Do you want to continue.' 'Server not available or a unrecoverable ...