Exchange Troubleshooting assistant

Using the exchange troubleshooting assitant.  I get to the step where it
wants to collect performance data or use an existing .blg file.  What I want
it to is use an existing .etl file that I collected with exmon.  Later in the
process as I step through the wizard it does prompt for an existing .etl
file, this is confusing.  It makes you choose a .blg or create a new one but
then latter asks you have a .etl file.  Not sure what log file it it is using
at this point.

So...is there a way to convert a .etl to .blg so that I can use my exising
..etl log file, or can somebody explain why it prompts for .etl but doesn't
seem to use it.
0
Eric1 (389)

Exchange rich-text format
What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual user settings"? On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:31:01 -0700, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server >to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual >user settings"? Depends on what your users are sending messages as. Most will be using HTML or RTF anyway unless you have some policy in p...

Exchange Reporting #2
Hello there. We are using Exchange Server 2003 in our company. My management would like me to pull a report stating how many inbound messages are received each day by each recipient in exchange. Is this possible? I have not seen any reporting functions in the Exchange Manager which would allow me to do this. Sean MIS Systems Manager It is not possible natively. You would need to look into a 3rd party monitoring/reporting solution in order to achieve this. Something like Promodag Reports, or Quest MessageStats ought to be able to provide this information. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange M...

Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5 problem
Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5, i get the following message box: "The name could not be resolved. The connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavailable. All other clients are able to connect and resolve the mailbox name. I can't ping and resolve the exchange server from the problems outlook client. The problems occur after i run repair the w2k pro. can anyone help? EL can not ping... well start with basic IP testing. use ipconfig /all from a command prompt on the misconfigured client. Check for DHCP default Gateway - make sure it looks like a client t...

Exchange 2007 public folders....
I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during installation. I think by doing this, the default public folder store is not created. I manually created a new pf store via the gui, then used powershell to create a new public folder. however outlook (2007 beta2) does not see the public folder hierarchy. is there something im missing? On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:17:26 -0400, "Jimmy" <j@j.j> wrote: >I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during >installation. I think by doing this, the default public fold...

Exchange OMA error message. Please read...
When our i-700's with Pocket PC 2003 attempts to access our mail exchange server, all we receive is the following error message: " A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Home" mail.domain.com/exchange works fine though. We've installed the service pack 1 for exchange 2003 to attempt to fix this issue and are having the same results. Does anyone care to share how they may have overcome this exchange problem with their compatible PDAs and Exchange's OMA (Outlook Mobile Access...

Exchange 2003 Envelope Journaling not working
Hi, I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I'm trying to get envelope journaling to work. I have enabled message journaling and then used "exejcfg.exe -e" to enable envelope journaling. The journal mailbox is receiving the standard message journal messages, but not the envelope journal formatted messages. I have verified with LDP to confirm the heuristic value is 512 for the Exchange Org object. Anyone else seen this before or have any advice? Thanks --- Greg Reboot maybe? greg@intellireach.com wrote: > Hi, > > I have a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. I...

SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5?
Does anyone know how to setup an SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5? Something that is equivalent to Exchange 2000 SMTP connector? Thank you, Jack Black IMS. On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:02:38 -0500, "Jack Black" <JackBlack@hat.com> wrote: >Does anyone know how to setup an SMTP connector on Exchange 5.5? Something >that is equivalent to Exchange 2000 SMTP connector? > >Thank you, Jack Black > ...

Cannot view itme in Public Folder between 2 different exchange 2003
I have 2 Exchange 2003 on WIN2k server. Exchange 2003 (A) has 300 mailboxes and store the public folder. Exchange 2003 (B) has 100 mailboxes. User at Exchange 2003 (B) found that they can view the public folder but no items in it. User at Exchange 2003 (A) do not have this problem. Is the public folder must replicate to other server? Is any suggestion to view the item if no replication on public folder ?? Thanks Dennis JoJo These 2 servers in the same routing group. Exchange 2003 (A) is the Master Exchange 2003 (B) is the Member "omer maydan" <omermaydan@yahoo.com> wr...

Minimum Exchange 2003 for CRM 1.2?
Hello We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, smtp) in place. I wish to learn what is the minimum Exchange setup that I need to do to deploy the test environment Is there a way to to configure the Exchange server such that it still uses the parent email system and still be used with the CRM thank you very much for your help vikrantca Hello, vikrantca wrote: > We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users. > We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, > smt...

Exchange fails to send CRM emails
When I try to send emails using the CRM 3.0 web interface "most" of them fail to be sent. If I copy that exact same and email and send it to the same address using outlook 2003 it sends with no problem. Exchange 2003 will send me an email, a day later that is is delayed and then finally another day later that it failed. I have turned off the email tracking in CRM and this did not help. I thought the numbers CRM puts in the subject may have been causing it to be blocked. What could be causing the emails to fail when sent using CRM and the exact same email to work with Outlook...

2003 SP1 ADC running with Exchange 2000
Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are still 2000? This means that you have already ran domain/forest prep right? If so you can only run the 2003 version of the ADC. This is not recommended and could cause replication errors with Exchange/AD. Mark "BrianG" wrote: > Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are > still 2000? Correct, domain and forest prep has already been ran. Why can I run 2003 but not 2003 with SP1? We want to use the cross adminstrative group mailbox move function that came with...

How to export exchange global address book to WAB file?
I would like to export exchange address book to outlook express address book. How to export exchange global address book to WAB file? Mesak wrote: > I would like to export exchange address book to outlook express > address book. How to export exchange global address book to WAB file? I don't know about wab files, but see if http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm helps at all. ...

Exchange 5.5 Reinstall & isinteg -patch
Let me give you the situation: I'm a brand new administrator just joining a medium sized (bout 2000 users all together) company. Specifically, I'm going to be handleing their move to Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. One thing that I'm really distrubed by though is that their existing infrastructure is downright scary (their PDC died last week...so get this, they slapped the hard drives in another machine and prayed they could get it to come up...they did, but how crazy is that that that (like that? ;) ) happened at all.) Anyways, backk to their exchange org...they have three dom...

exchange 5.5
I have a user who is getting emails addressed to another person in their mailbox. I checked the headers and the email was only addressed to person A (no cc's or bcc's), yet person B got it in their mailbox. What could be causing this? I have exchange 5.5 with SP 4 installed on a Windows 2000 Server. Jason: UserA most likely has some type of rule set up on his/her mailbox. Log on to UserA's mailbox with Outlook and check the rules. Also, there might be a setting on the mailbox itself that forwards message to UserB, so check the Delivery Options tab of UserA's mailbox prop...

Managing Exchange 2000 with 2003 MMC System Management Tools
Hello, I am currently setting up a Windows 2003 Terminal Server with It management applications, but I found out that Exchange 2000 Systems Management Tools can't be installed on Windows 2003. So I was curious; can you use Exchange 2003 MMC Snapins against a Exchange 2000 server? If so, are there any gotcha's? OR Is it possible to install Exchanage 2000 System Management Tool on a Windows 2003 server - Is there like a work around on this? Help is appreciated. Thanks! I have been using Exchange 2003's ESM MMC snap-in to manage Exchange 2000 servers for some time and I hav...

Exchange 2000 NDR
Hi, I'm trying to send an email to this recipient: a.b.c.@mydomain.com Exchange sends back a 5.1.3 NDR -I think it's due to the dot before @ in the address-. How can I tell exchange to acept this kind of address? Thanks. ...

Exchange 2003 Question??
Dear all, I would like to know if there is an upgrade path from Exchange 2003 Standard Edition with SA to Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition with SA? Thank you. Regards, Kueh. This might help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170280 -- Santhosh Sivarajan MCSE(W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),CCNA,Network+ "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> wrote in message news:exVKwgOKEHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > I would like to know if there is an upgrade path from Exchange 2003 Standard > Edition with SA to Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition wit...

Out of Office Assistant replies multiple times
The situation: The user of a fully patched Outlook 2003 SP1 sets an Out of Office reply using the Out Of Office Assistant.. The result: The first time someone sends a message while the OOA reply is turned on, they get the full text of the OOA reply as it is configured. The second and subsequent emails from that same sender gets a truncated version of the OOA message. In my testing, my second message (which isn't supposed to be replied to), got me 2 truncated replies. Examples from my testing: 1st reply: "I am out of the office and will return on Monday, February 28, 2005. At th...

Exchange 2003
Send As permission didnt set but all users are able to send as another user. Anyone encountered this before? Any solution? On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 22:42:01 -0700, Fui Fan <FuiFan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Send As permission didnt set but all users are able to send as another user. >Anyone encountered this before? Any solution? If everyone can do this you may have the all users (if there is one) security group inside an Exchange group you shouldn't. Look on the properties of a user account (yours perhaps) and see what groups have "Mull Mailbox Access". Nobody...

Changes Since Moving to Exchange
Hi there; I have subfolders within the inbox, and then subfolders within the subfolders. I also have rules so that when a message comes in from a certain person the message goes into their folder. Before we moved to our new exchange server if someone sent a message and the message went to their folder, the number of unread emails in the folder changes (ie, if Joe Bloggs sends an email to me his message goes to the Joe Bloggs folder, and it looks like Joe Bloggs (1)). And the folder that the 'Joe Bloggs' is in (for this example it could be 'staff') would also...

upgrading exchange 5 to 5.5
I have a single exchange 5.x organization with 5 sites, one server in each site. One server is running exchange 5, the rest are on 5.5 SP4. I want to prepare the organization for a 5.5/2003 mixed mode situation. Can I in place upgrade the 5 to 5.5? Has anyone had any problems or advice with regards to doing this? If it can't be in place upgraded, what are the alternatives for 2003 preparation? Thanks, James ...

Exchange error: 0x8004050a
When accessing an exchange server via mozilla or dtmail on a solaris machine, I get this error: 0x8004050a. The text is "unrecognized internal error". In mozilla, it gives me this error but fetches the mail anyway. dtmail simply doesnt work at all. If I switch to a W2K machine on the same network, outlook works just fine. Does anyone know what this error means? How can it be fixed? It just "started" one day... Joe Check this out... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;892397 j.wetstein@gmail.com wrote: > When accessing an exchange server via mozi...

Exchange error
Hello, for one week now, my exchange 2000 server crashes nearly every night at random time, the only solution to have it all restart is to restart the entire server. In the application log, multiple error events are reported like these : Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 26/07/2005 Time: 01:27:39 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: BELLINI Description: Windows cannot establish a connection to *domain name* with (1364). Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 26/07/2005 Time: 01:37:41 User: ...

Entourage not showing all contacts with MS/Exchange Online
Hi, I have a user who has over 2000 contacts being shown on Outlook Web Access, but when looking at the contacts folder in Entourage it only shows 419. She's reconfigured the application through the single sign on client and emptied the folder cache on her contacts folder. I see it downloading 2000+ but it still only shows 419 contacts. I've called MSOnline but they didn't have much help other than the steps I've taken. Anyone familiar with this type of issue, or familiar with MAC's in general? ...

Dead Exchange box
I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool) All I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and have managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever. Could someone please tell me the best way to get the data back On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:49:02 -0700, AndrewS <AndrewS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool) >All I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and have >managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever....