exchange tools listed twice in ADUC right click

We installed exchange but forgot to install the tools option so we did it
after.  When that happened it locked up with errors part of the way thru.
When I restarted after a system reboot and installed them again it now
listed in the active directory users and computers extensions twice when you
right click on an object.  I removed the tools, it removes both entries.  I
reinstalled and now both entries are back.  Where can I find these entries
in AD and remove the duplicate.

Thanks

0
Jerry

Comments inline below.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Jerry Alan Braga" <jerry.braga@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> We installed exchange but forgot to install the tools option so we did it
> after.  When that happened it locked up with errors part of the way thru.
> When I restarted after a system reboot and installed them again it now
> listed in the active directory users and computers extensions twice when
> you right click on an object.

What exactly do you click on and where, and what do you see?

>I removed the tools, it removes both entries.  I reinstalled and now both
>entries are back.  Where can I find these entries in AD and remove the
>duplicate.

I'm not sure they're in AD.

> Thanks

0
Ed
12/1/2009 4:09:22 AM
I see them in ADUC when I right click on a object.  I see the Exchange Tasks
link twice on the others that the tools register the Exchange Tabs For

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Comments inline below.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "Jerry Alan Braga" <jerry.braga@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> We installed exchange but forgot to install the tools option so we did it
>> after.  When that happened it locked up with errors part of the way thru.
>> When I restarted after a system reboot and installed them again it now
>> listed in the active directory users and computers extensions twice when
>> you right click on an object.
>
> What exactly do you click on and where, and what do you see?
>
>>I removed the tools, it removes both entries.  I reinstalled and now both
>>entries are back.  Where can I find these entries in AD and remove the
>>duplicate.
>
> I'm not sure they're in AD.
>
>> Thanks

0
Jerry
12/2/2009 4:45:37 PM
Do you see them twice on a different computer with the tools installed?  If
not, then there's nothing in AD, it's just a screwed-up computer.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

>I see them in ADUC when I right click on a object.  I see the Exchange
>Tasks link twice on the others that the tools register the Exchange Tabs
>For
>

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> Comments inline below.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley MVP
>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>> .
>>
>> "Jerry Alan Braga" <jerry.braga@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> We installed exchange but forgot to install the tools option so we did
>>> it after.  When that happened it locked up with errors part of the way
>>> thru. When I restarted after a system reboot and installed them again it
>>> now listed in the active directory users and computers extensions twice
>>> when you right click on an object.
>>
>> What exactly do you click on and where, and what do you see?
>>
>>>I removed the tools, it removes both entries.  I reinstalled and now both
>>>entries are back.  Where can I find these entries in AD and remove the
>>>duplicate.
>>
>> I'm not sure they're in AD.
>>
>>> Thanks

0
Ed
12/3/2009 4:47:35 AM
sorry I forgot to mention that.  I did install the tools on another machine.
This is exactly the case and this is why I believe that it is AD related

> Do you see them twice on a different computer with the tools installed?
> If not, then there's nothing in AD, it's just a screwed-up computer.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> .
>
> "Jerry Alan Braga" <jerry.braga@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I see them in ADUC when I right click on a object.  I see the Exchange
>>Tasks link twice on the others that the tools register the Exchange Tabs
>>For
>>

>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
>>> Comments inline below.
>>> --
>>> Ed Crowley MVP
>>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>>> .
>>>
>>> "Jerry Alan Braga" <jerry.braga@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> What exactly do you click on and where, and what do you see?

>>> I'm not sure they're in AD.

0
Jerry
12/3/2009 1:11:27 PM
I still don't understand what you're seeing.  Please describe completely and
accurately exactly what you see.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

> sorry I forgot to mention that.  I did install the tools on another
> machine. This is exactly the case and this is why I believe that it is AD
> related
>

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message
>> Do you see them twice on a different computer with the tools installed?
>> If not, then there's nothing in AD, it's just a screwed-up computer.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley MVP
>> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
>> .
>>
>> "Jerry Alan Braga" <jerry.braga@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I see them in ADUC when I right click on a object.  I see the Exchange
>>>Tasks link twice on the others that the tools register the Exchange Tabs
>>>For
>>>

>>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@nospam.net> wrote in message

0
Ed

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Single click selects multiple cells

Microsoft Exchange Server

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Right clicking on a CListCtrl item
I have a TreeCtl object in a dialog box. I created an OnNMRclick.. override function to capture a right clicks. The problem I can't figure out is how to find the tree item that the user has right clicked on. Here's what I tried: void CRestoreFiles::OnNMRclickXYZ(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) POINT CurPos; TVHITTESTINFO lpht; HTREEITEM RightClickItem; GetCursorPos(&CurPos); lpht.pt = CurPos; RightClickItem = TreeView_HitTest(pNMHDR->hwndFrom,&lpht); ... I figured that GetCursorPos would give me the position of the cursor where I had right clicke...

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...

Format List Box!

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...

Outlook will not run in Cached Exchange mode
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C68E30.831A2160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Having a problem running outlook offline. I can't. I keep getting an = error that outlook was unable to open my .ost file when I try to run = outlook while not connected to my exchange server. So I set Outlook not = to run in cached mode, deleted my .ost file, reset outlook to work in = cached mode. Outlook creates the ost file, but still every time I try to = run outlook offline, I get the same erro...

Exchange 2007 CCR after reseeding storage group copies
We have an Exchange 2007 CCR cluster that sits on two Windows Server 2008 Enterprise nodes. Due to problems with one node, I evicted it from the cluster and rebuilt it, reinstalling Exchange using the custom / install passive node setup. I used 'Update Storage Group Copy' (with the option selected to 'Delete any existing log files in the target path') to reseed the active databses. It seemed to go OK, and the storage groups status in the Database Management window became 'healthy'. However, when I tried to move the clustered mailbox server on to the new node f...