Exchange system manager

I have upgraded to exchange 2003 and use a email
redirector on a seperate server for mobile device users
to receive email.  This redirector server has an older
version of the exchange system manager.  I nned to
upgrade this to match the mapi32 profile.  I have tried
to use the exchange cd and install the support tools but
this will only let me install tools for exchange 5.5

How do I upgrade the system manager on a win 2k server to
work with win 2k3 exchange/server?

Thanks for your efforts!!!
0
anonymous (74722)

When you stick in the E2K3 cd, under the component
selection, under System Tools, choose Re-Install. If you
can't do that, uninstall the System Tools, and then
install them again from the 2k3 cd.

0
anonymous (74722)

Exchange SSL Error
When attempting to view properties on public folders I get the following err: Exchange System Manager The SSL certificate server name is incorrect. ID no: c103b404 Exchange System Manager I've looked at article Q324345 and made the suggested changes but the error message still comes back. Can anyone out there please help? Thanks Peter ...

Change IP address of exchange server
Hi , Thought this would be an easy question to get an answer to, but had no luck with my searches... I need to change the ip address of my exchange server, but want to make sure that won't screw anything up... I thought that its ok to do that, but because the server is also a dc I want to make sure. Thanks for any help on this. Art -- Art Feel free to change the address. While possibly not required, I'd recommend rebooting afterward. Make sure that there are no hardcoded host files or WINS or DNS entries for the server. After the change, clients might not be able to connect fo...

Unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server)
Hi. I don't know whether this is possible or not, but I would like to set up an unattended setup of email accounts (no Exchange Server) on a remote computer. Right now, I have to wait until both the remote users and I are available, log on the remote computer using GoToMyPC, and set up the email accounts. If there was a way to set this up so that Outlook email accounts would be configured automatically the first time the user logs on (or the first time they use Outlook), that would simplify things a bit. If anyone knows how (or if) this can be done and has an example of how to do...

Exchange 2003
I've a big problem, in the Dsaccess tab under the ESM, Exchange don't auto discover Global Catalog on other site than itself. So, when the Global Catalog fall down on one site, Exchange Server on this site can't contact any GC and Exchange server not work properly. Question : Autodiscover global access work ONLY in his AD site ? Thanks for answer. Hi, To diagnose the problem, post the output of your 2080 event from DSACCESS... that is the full topology in this site, and "1 site over" . You can get the 2080 event every 15 minutes by turning up diagnostic logging...

Outlook / Exchange Server
I run exchange service, a workstation and for travel a notebook. I configured the notebook for chached offline work. I would like to keep all my opened inbox messages in Exchange to see it on the workstation as well as on the notebook. After synchronization of the notebook with Exchange only new messages appeared. Back home on my workstation suddenly the some effect, only new unread mails are displayed. Will synchronisation delete mails not found on server and Outlook? I loose my inbox mails since I use my new notebook. -- Hans Kohlmos Sounds like you're using a .pst file and...

Defrag an exchange disk....not essutil
I've been looking around but haven't seen a definitive answer. I have a server with windows server '03 and am running exchange '03. The disk that holds exchange is heavily fragmented when i ran the analyzer tool in the disk defragmenter utility in windows. I've heard stories where it's not safe to do this. Is it safe to defragment the disk even though it holds exchange? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=328804 You can. Ms recommends doing it with the databases dis-mounted. We stop the services, move out the edb files, defrag, and copy them back....... &...

Exchange 2003 sends multiple emails
I just discovered that when a user sent email to a specific distribution list or group of people, the email was recieved by the recipients over four times. I can see in the logs that the Exchange server did send roughly this many, but I dont know why. any ideas? thanks ...

Medical Office management
Any customization of CRM to medical office enviornment? ...

Exchange 5.5 sp4 - MAPI clients can not connect
We have an Exchange 5.5 server running on WIN2k O/S. It been running fine for a long time. Recently, users have been losing connection(s) to the store. Each time the store and all Exchange services are running properly and MAILBOX resources via the admin pull up successfully. The only remedy for our 100 + MAPI clients (only), is to restart the Exchange services, then, they can log back in... same issue will re-occur a day or two later. I'm suspecting something is screwing up RPC connections that prevent the MAPI users to get to their e-mail accts. STORE.EXE version is 5.5.2658.3...

An Exchange 5.5 Mailbox won't disappear when servers sync
We have 2 Exch 5.5 servers, one in UK and one in Kenya - they are happily synching address lists (we have tested this over the past 24 hours) A few days ago one of our mailboxes here had to be moved to the Kenya server (this is a common thing that we have to do when staff from UK go to work in Africa - due to bandwidth etc!!!) and I deleted the mailbox here. After several syncs the Kenya server still "sees" the mailbox and so the mailbox cannot be added locally. We have tried rebooting, requesting full directory syncs, but nothing seems to shift it. We've created and deleted ma...

Task Manager
Cannot be closed once open. No "X" option On Nov 15, 4:38=A0pm, Paul Berg <Paul B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Cannot be closed once open. =A0No "X" option A Vista oriented link but works the same with XP: http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/114377-task-manager-small-footprint-mode.= html Paul Berg wrote: > Cannot be closed once open. No "X" option You probably chose (perhaps by accident) to hide its top row, menu bar, and tabs. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-Task-Manager-problems To to...

System Attendant Task is blocked
I have been troubleshooting this issue for over a month. Every evening at ~8:16:46pm, I get a event ID of 1031 on my E2k3 server (running on a 2 node WS2k3 cluster). The description simply states: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 1031 Date: 1/19/2006 Time: 8:16:46 PM User: N/A Computer: UEMAILNODE01 Description: One of the System Attendant's task is blocked. Function: CMonitoringTask::Work For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. I have turned on logging for the services mentioned in the above li...

Exchange 2003
I have 2 questions: We just changed the company's name and email addresses as well. I configured new domain name in the exchange so now everyone can receive email for old domain and new as well. 1. How do I configure so any email received on our old domain automatically send an email back to sender informing the change of our company's name and email address.? 2. How do I send a general one time email to everyone from each email account's contact list informing them of change of email address and company's name? I would appreciate if some...

Customize Exchange error Message
My users sometimes get a error message similar to: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: user@somewhere.com on 5/23/2005 1:27 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <myserver.mydomain.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@somewhere.com> In all cases where we have researched this error, the error was on the recipients mail server or the internet connection between my server and the recipient was not working properly. Is there a way to customize this error message... to alert my use...

Outlook Mailboxes Slow on Exchange 2003 Server
We have recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 server on a Cluster environment, running Windows 2003 Cluster Servers. We did have Exchange 2000 working fine, just wanted some of the new features of Exchange 2003. Once we did the upgrades with no real problems. We have started to notice that various mailboxes will run slow periodically. It is moving throughout the server and it isn't always the same mailboxes. They run extremely slow. We have run a defrag on the Information Store and run the nightly routines before our backups. The Backups do not appear to be running during the sl...

Outlook 2007 stops acquiring data from Exchange
A week ago I noticed that Outlook 2007 on an old desktop in a guest room no longer was downloading any data from the Exchange server at work. I have tried absolutely everything I can think of but nothing seems to change this. Meanwhile, three other computers at home (we have a site-license arrangement which allows us to use Office on our home computers) with Outlook 2007 are having no problems at all with my Outlook account. Here is what I have tried so far: 1. Deleting the .ost file. Outlook acquires a few thousand kilobytes of data and then simply stops. The last entry in event viewer is an...

2010
Just installed OfficeProPlus2010 on a new PC. The first email account I setup was an Exchange account - No problem(cached mode). Now, I am trying to setup a POP account and want to deliver the messages to the OST (like in Outlook 2007) but have not found how to do that. Do I have to create a PST for that POP or is there an option I haven't seen? Thank you, Bob Nothing to set as it should behave like pervious versions where POP3/Exchange go to the default delivery location and IMAP accounts get their own PST file. "Robert Serna" <encino_bob@hotmail.co...

Exchange 2003 Archive #3
Can anyone please let me know how Exchange 2003 create archive of mailboxes/emails? Also when using ‘cached exchange mode’, when a user deletes an email locally, will this change synchronise with the copy on the exchange server? Thanks in advance. >>how Exchange 2003 create archive of mailboxes/emails? Can you clarify what you mean by 'archive'? >>will this change synchronise Certainly. paul tech wrote: > Can anyone please let me know how Exchange 2003 create archive of > mailboxes/emails? Also when using ‘cached exchange mode’, when a user > delete...

Requesting data from the Microsoft Exchange Server
Requesting data from the Microsoft Exchange Server My OutlookXP is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server "Server". You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically. Why is this happening? Thank you. Normally causes by a slow network or a busy Exchange server. The client is waiting for a response from the server and either it is busy with another task or the network is slow. When it connects and gets the data, the message goes away. It is just there to inform users it is actua...

Update GAL exchange 5.5
HI How to update Global Address list in Exchange server 5.5 with service pack 4. Thanks Shaikh Not sure what you mean by update GAL? SusanV "Shaikh" <smahaboob@dishnet.com> wrote in message news:ebaAdEjuDHA.3416@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > HI > > How to update Global Address list in Exchange server 5.5 with service pack > 4. > > Thanks > Shaikh > > > I mean , i want to update my GAL so that old e-mail address which is deleated will remove form GAL. the reson is i am getting junk mails to old E-mail box's which r removed and system ...

Project Management integration with Great Plains
Hello, I am part of a consulting company that is looking for software to manage our projects. I am looking for project management software that will allow us to track progress at the task level. The ideal software will allow the consultants to enter the time they have worked on the tasks and at the end of the week, a timesheet for that worker will be generated from their logged hours on project tasks. Invoices and payments to the consultant will be generated from the timesheets. The software should be flexible enough to allow for different bill rates to be billed for the same consultant o...

Heartland Payment Systems
Has anyone had experience integrating Heartland Payment Systems with RMS? Yes. We have set-up RMS with Heartland Payment Systems for many of our clients. Mihir Shah Diviasoft, Inc 732-791-2894 www.diviasoft.com "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C899DB8-8F5B-4D8D-A5F2-388986021798@microsoft.com... > Has anyone had experience integrating Heartland Payment Systems with RMS? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03EA_01C6F915.A48002C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Enco...

User Manager -> Adding Users
Has anyone else seen the case where each Active Directory user is listed twice in the Import Users Wizard in the Deployment manager? Rick. ...

System Time Range on WIndows
Hi All, Can any body please tell me what is the system time range on windows system. what i could get it start is as per UTC since midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970. Please correct if i am wrong? rgds, Ritu >Can any body please tell me what is the system time range on windows system. There are several time formats - which one are you referring to? The main one is FILETIME - which is an unsigned 64-bit value that represents the number of 100-nanosecond units since the 1'st January 1601. The other commonly used format is SYSTEMTIME, which is a time structure limited s...

Missing System Attendant mailbox
The first mailbox store became corrupted and cannot bring it back with edbutil /r although at the end it claimed to be fixed. Problem is, that the default system attendant mailbox was residing on this mailstore. Now, when I am trying to move mailboxes to the new mailbox store, it can not do it because of the missing SA mailbox. Creating new accounts to this new mailbox store is working well. How could I create an SA account on this new mailbox store, so I could move mailboxes from other mailbox stores? Thanks Have you restarted the SA sevice to recreate the SA mailbox on the new store? On...