Exchange System Manager Question

We have a mixed enviroment with exchange 2000 and 2003.  Running the system
manager from any given machine, should you or should you not see ALL the
information in system manager?  For example, in  folder replication status if
I go to details from some machines (worksations and servers) I do not see any
information.  My undersatnding was that you should see all the information in
system manager regardless of where it was run from.

2 Questions on Pivot Tables
Any assistance appriciated. (Excel 2003) 1) I have a simple Pivot table showing 6 groups with their totals and a subtotal eg: America 10 UK 15 Oz 22 etc. Grand Total 125 I want to Pivot Graph this data, no problems. I want however an extra line to show the total on the Secondary Axis. I have almost got it by placing the column in a second time as a Running Total and then as a Line on my chart, hiding all the values until the last point. However I would like if possible the Total as a horizontal line across the chart? 2) I h...

Monitoring Exchange 2003 #2
Hello, We are planning to implement MOM 2005. However, we are also concerned about implementing auditing for changes made within ESM. Will there be a tool that will allow management to know a change was completed by a specific UserID? When a mailbox store is dismounted - who dismounted it/date/time? When a change is made to the RUS - who made the change? Thank you, Exchange2003 MOM does not have the ability to monitor this in the shipped Management Pack. You can enable AD auditing on the domain controllers: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314955&sd=tech. ...

need Help for Migration Exchange 5.5
Hello NG, we`ve the following Configuration : - Exchange 5.5 with SP4 - single Winwos 2000 DC - configured both side ADC a new Hardware should be used for an Exchange 2003 and second DC. next steps i would do as following : - Update ADC Version with Exchange 2003 ADC - running Exchange 2003 forestprep, then domainprep, an after all running setup to install Exchange 2003 in the same organization, site - replicate system Folders and public Folders - moving all Mailboxes to the Exchange 2003 Store - configure the Exchange 2003 virtual SMTP Server to send outgoing Mail - reconfigure the F...

Exchange 2003
Hello I have a newly setup production exchange server (sp2). It is only serving a small subset of my organisation, about 15 users, using mydomain1.com. My active directory contains around 100 user accounts that do not have exchange mailboxes and they use our old pop3 based system and have a seperate email domain name, mydomain2.com. It would appear that whenever someone with an exchange mailbox (mydomain1.com) sends mail to people with an email address listed elsewhere in the active directory (mydomain2.com) it gets stuck in the local exchnage delivery queue rather than forwarding i...

Entourage 2004 and Exchange 2003 Cluster
Hello, I have an Active Passive Exchange 2003 SP2 cluster Exch1 and Exch2. When I set it to Exch 1 our one MAC user running Entourage 2004 is unable to connect. Does anyone know what setting to check on the Exchange server? Thanks, DOTT ...

New Entity Question
I created a new entity in CRM. After creation, by default, I have the following options under the Actions menu when a new object is created: Actions > Delete; Actions > Deactivate How do I get a "close"/"resolve" option to appear under Actions? (Ex: the way it appears under Cases, Activities, etc...) On the form of my new entity, I have a Regarding field so I'm able to track these objects in CRM. I would like to be able to keep the history in CRM, so I don't want to delete or deactivate these objects. Any advice? Thanks! ...

Msg Box question
I have several reports that are run by queries. Most of these queries have date range parameters that must be entered by the operator. I have one query that I ask only for a week ending date. This is driving mgmt nuts because they are used to entering a beginning date first, followed by the ending date. I hard wire the beginning date myself. How can I get a msg box to pop up to tell people what my hardwired date is? Ideas? I believe you're describing pop-up Parameter Input Boxes, not message boxes. One option is to use a form to enter the parameter values rather than simply h...

Integration Manager 9.0 issues after upgrade
I'm curious if there are any breaking changes in IM 9.0? After upgrading to 9.0, a number of previously working integrations have stopped working. It appears that they will still work if only one document is queried. The integration is based on two source tables, a header and details table with a destination of General Journal. Any suggestions? This is a silly quesiton, but did you reset you destinations? Also, did you just uninstall the older version and then reinstall version 9 and point it at the old IM.mdb file? -- www.fmtconsultants.com "R Zelt" wrote: > I...

Two questions about install packet made by vs2008.
Hi All: I use vs2008 to create an install packet. There are two problems about shortcut. 1.There is a pdf document in my product, and I create a shortcut for this file in start menu. How can I set pdf icon for this shortcut? 2.When I open the property dialog of this shortcut, the "find target" button is disabled. How can I enable this button? Maybe I can use installshield to solve these problems. Thanks! Fiveight ...

Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2003 and Czech characters
We are using the following configuration: - Windows XP English - Outlook 2003 English + MUI for French, Spanish, Italian, German - Exchange 5.5. We encounter some problem with Czech characters. When contacts are stored in the mailbox in Exchange 5.5, some czech characters are replaced in contact name, company, .... When we stored the same contact in a pst file, evrything works fine. The characters are not replaced. Have somebody an idea or a solution for me? ...

Outlook Opens looking for Exchange Server
A computer club member wishes to used Outlook so that she can sync with her Palm. Environment: Windows XP Pro SP2, IE 7, Windows Genuine Advantage installed. Symptom One: When Outlook is opened, the program is looking for Exchange Server. She is using a laptop with no exchange server available. Symptom Two: When performing Office Update, three items did not install all with error code 0x8024402C: 1. Update for Outlook Junk Mail (KB943591) 2. Office 2003 update SP3 3. Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906) I suspicion that Office 2003 is a 60 day trial that has never been activated. Are ...

Exchange 2003 or Outlook 2003 error
This is only happening with one of our users, and I am trying to figure out if it is with there Outlook 2003 Client or if it is with our Exchange 2003 server. I have read other posts about this however I could not tell if the error was with one or all of the clients. Also they seemed to indicate it was for outside there domain, ours is happening for both outside and inside when a mail is sent to a user on the same server and domain. They have not received the error (to my knowledge) from OWA. Error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject...

2003 OL with contact manager
Hi I would like to in-port Quick Books data , namely customers and vendors, and other names into OL contact manager.... can anyone tell me what QB files they are and what each is? Thanks David Have you tried Intuit support? Outlook would have no way of knowing what export types QuickBooks uses. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, RDavid asked: | Hi ...

CRM 3.0 Web client performance questions
Hello - I seem to have a bit of a connundrum here and was wondering if anyone else has experienced a simmilar issue. We've currently got CRM 3.0 up and working but I have gotten some questions regarding performance from some of my users that access CRM using the web client on a WAN link. They are overseas and the server is located in the US. They've got a 512kb connection and we've got a full t-1 connection. They are stating that it can take them anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 min to load a page. So, I had them do some investigating and testing with some other machines ...

Exchange VSS Writer Error
Hi, Our Exchange Server ( running on Win2003, Exch2003-SP1 ) is having backup issues since the active backup job was interrupted by a network failure. Network switch's power was interrupted during an active backup job. After the incident, I am having error when I try to start the exchange backup. I am using Veritas Backup veritas 10 to do the backup job. I have tried to use the windows native backup but is facing the similar problem also. The following is the event details when i try to activate a backup job Event Type: Information Event Source: NTBackup Event Category: None ...

MS Exchange Server
I do not have Outlook installed on my home computer, which has WinXP installed, but I do at work so I am somewhat familiar with it. Recently whenever I try to click on a "Contact Us" link in a web page, a window opens for MS Exchange Server. I am pretty sure that has something to do with Outlook, but I do not think it has anything to do with Outlook Express. Why has this started happening and how do I remove it. I cannot use the "contact us" function on Any webpage. Thanks mmobilman In IE go to Tools - Internet Options - Program Tab and make sure your desired email p...

Question about a Merge (for a Report)
I am trying to do a merge from Access to Word .. the information is all there ... unfortunately my records are listed one per page (I only have 2 fields per page) .. but I have over 1,000 pages .. it should be line after line .. as I have it set on NO SPACING .. any ideas as to what I can do? :) .. I appreciate the help :) .. I think this is a Word question. I quick google found mention of the merge code <<Next Record>>. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "hrbsh97" wrote: > I am trying to do a merge from Access to Word .. the information is all there >...

Exchange Password Issue
I will explain this problem as best I can. I have a Windows based network, with a windows server 2003 domain controller and an exchange server 2003, which is also a back up domain controller. Every 30 days users are required to change their windows logon password, this is set up through group policy. When users change their Windows logon passwords it does not replicate to the exchange server, so when they try to open their email it prompts them for a password, then when they enter their new password it does not work and they end up getting locked out of their accounts. Then what I do is...

Workflow Question 05-04-06
Does anyone know if it is possible to create a workflow in MSCRM V3 which does the following: Create an opportunity, if a certain field is not populated 24 hrs after creation, send an email. Simple request, but I cant see how to do this (without creating an assembly). Thanks Jo Savidge Hi Jo, It should be possible to do something like that using a "wait for timer" condition. Take a look at http://www.cwrmobility.nl/weblog/2006/01/automatically-close-appointments-after.html for something similar I did for appointments. HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmob...

IMS que is filling with tons of e-mail in Exchange 5.5
Hi When ever I tried to select the Hosts and Clients that successfully authenticate option in routing restrictions. I see tons of mail que in IMS. Actually I tried to check for 2010 event and I see some junk user account which says "\temp" which is not at all in my domain or in local users. Can anyone tell is it some virus or some one is creating the account test remotely to spam. Please advis ...

.NET 3.5
Hello, Does anyone of you know how I can force vb.net to remove the handle of a local DLL which I used beforehand with Reflection. Here is a fragment of the code. I have a base class and a derived class. This app only knows the base class and creates an Instance of the derived class by using Reflection which works fine. The only problem I have is that the local DLL file is blocked (I can't delete it) as long as I don't close the Application Dim GetCustomModule as BaseClass Dim dll As Assembly = Assembly.LoadFrom("c:\tools\DerivedCass.dl...

Interest Accrual Question
I have searched all over the internet for the answer to this question, so please forgive me if it has been asked before. I have written a simple spreadsheet to allow me to serve as a bank for my daughter (6 years old). She gives me her money and I enter it into the spreadsheet. Using datedif between the date of her deposit and TODAY it calculates the simple interest that has accrued and totals the amounts. All of this works great, until she wants to make a withdrawal. I need to be able to reduce the amout she has on deposit, without affecting the already accrued interest. There may be...

Dynamic Charting Question
I'm attempting to set up a dynamic chart. So far, I've defined a name for cells B33:M33 (using the following offset equation). =OFFSET(Sheet1!$B$33,0,0,1,COUNTA(Sheet1!$33:$33)-1) I'd like to be able to add more columns after M and the chart will automatically pick it up. We have a graph that currently includes B33:M33 as the X axis values for a line chart. How do I change the information in the chart to include the determined dynamic range for X? Thanks in advance, Barb Reinhardt I've figured out what I need to edit to get the series to change, but is there ...

Can I ask WCF questions here?
I am just wondering if this is where I can post a Question about WCF of if there is a different newsgroup I should use? Thanks, Jeff ok Thanks i will try there Jeff "DickGrier" <dick_grierNOSPAM@msn.com> wrote in message news:%235bp4jiZKHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Probably microsoft.public.donet.webservices. > > You also might ask here, though I suspect that more detailed responses may > be found above. > > Dick > > -- > Richard Grier, Consultant, Hard & Software 12962 West Louisiana Avenue ...

Some questions re SendObject
First some background. Ive created a Training Booking Database that the end user will use to book clients on various training courses. The main output (report) for the db is a report called rptTrainingConfirmation which is basically just that. It runs off a query and the Unique ID in that query is autTrainingSessionID. The criteria in that field is "[Forms]![tblBooking subform1]![numTrainingSessionID]" as the end user click the cmdEmailInvite button that opens the report, drags the info in the report and then attached it to an email. Now the questions: 1 - How...