Exchange Sync deletes calendar items older than 2 weeks on PDA

Hi,

Have several Wireless PDA all running Exchange Sync.  It appears as though
that any calendar items older than 2 weeks old are deleted from the
smartphone.  It still remains in the Outlook calendar.  I contact Palm and
they say this is default for Exchange  Sync and there aren't any changes that
can be made on their end to over ride it.

Anyone know how to keep items older than 2 weeks old?
0
JasonWulf (4)

This is actually under your Calendar Settings in Activesync settings on the
phone.  The default is two weeks.

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"Jason Wulf" <JasonWulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Have several Wireless PDA all running Exchange Sync.  It appears as though
> that any calendar items older than 2 weeks old are deleted from the
> smartphone.  It still remains in the Outlook calendar.  I contact Palm and
> they say this is default for Exchange  Sync and there aren't any changes
> that
> can be made on their end to over ride it.
>
> Anyone know how to keep items older than 2 weeks old?

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
1/29/2007 6:26:09 PM
They are Palm powered.  There is no Active Sync.  It is using Versa Mail with
the Exchange Sync protocol feature.  The only setting regarding timed items
is the inbox which is already set at 3 monthes.

Any other thoughts?  It's probably a registry setting on the Exchange Server
under Mobile Devices.
Jason

"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" wrote:

> This is actually under your Calendar Settings in Activesync settings on the
> phone.  The default is two weeks.
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2007
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> "Jason Wulf" <JasonWulf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Have several Wireless PDA all running Exchange Sync.  It appears as though
> > that any calendar items older than 2 weeks old are deleted from the
> > smartphone.  It still remains in the Outlook calendar.  I contact Palm and
> > they say this is default for Exchange  Sync and there aren't any changes
> > that
> > can be made on their end to over ride it.
> >
> > Anyone know how to keep items older than 2 weeks old?

0
JasonWulf (4)
1/29/2007 7:18:00 PM
Jason,

Can you run outlook /cleanfreebusy switch on the users client machine Run
Command?  I have seen this before and this cleared the issue up.