Exchange SP2 Regstry Edit

Does anyone know what registry key to edit to increase the database from 18GB
to 75GB I have downloaded and installed the prerelease version of sp2?
0
Jamesh512 (1)

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:28:57 -0700, Jamesh512
<Jamesh512@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know what registry key to edit to increase the database from 18GB
>to 75GB I have downloaded and installed the prerelease version of sp2?

I hope this isnt on a production machine.
Im not even sure if the store increase is avail yet since this is only
the CTP.
0
adavid (8731)
8/30/2005 6:44:14 PM
(Not sure why this reply isn't showing up in the ng :)

Search for "Database Size Limit in GB" in the registry.

From previous KBA 828070 (not related to SP2 change. you could temporarily
increase size by 1 Gb in case you reached the 16 Gb limit on Standard
 Edition earlier):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\<Exchange
Server Name>\Private-<long hexadecimal string>

--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Jamesh512" <Jamesh512@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know what registry key to edit to increase the database from
> 18GB
> to 75GB I have downloaded and installed the prerelease version of sp2?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

Corrupted messages within Exchange mailbox
Hi there, We are running Exchange 2000. We have a users' mailbox that is showing up with 2 emails in the inbox that seem to be corrupted. Basically, only the headers show up and the messages can't be moved, opened, or deleted. I would like to perform some kind of clean up on the mailbox, but I'm not sure how to go about that as I'm reasonably new to Exchange. Has anyone got some ideas? Thanks a million! Max What kind of clean up and you talking about? You have a couple of options: ESEUTIL and ISINTEG These are two command line utilities that will require you to take ...

Exchange 5.5 / Exchange 2003
We migrated our NT4 network into a Win2k (SP4) network using Active Directory. Our 5.5 exchange server is in this forest/domain and running on a Windows 2000 member server. We have 1 forest and 1 domain. We want to replace the existing exchange server with new hardware and it will have Exchange 2003 on an Windows Server 2003. The questions: 1. I presume that the new server has to have the same name so that we don't have to change our clients' settings. 2. What is the best method to migrate the mail to the new server? 3. Any issues with running Exchange 2003 on a 2000 A/D? (I ...

Exchange traffic monitoring
We used to have an exchange 5.5 organization with message transfer in a hub and spoke topology. In the past I was able to use performance monitoring on the hub server to watch messages coming in and going out from the MTA. Now that we're in exchange 2003, we are using a mesh of routing groups. How can I watch the message traffic in performance monitor for a single server? ...

Multiple aliases in Exchange 2003
I work for a company that provides both internet and television service. We run aan old version of qmail for our email server.(This is before I started working here) Recently the two areas split and formed two seperate companies. I am with the TV side and am in the process of moving us to Exchange 2k3. There are two employees of the internet company that helped found the overall company, that do not want to loose their email addresses and aliases. I have created domain accounts for them, but do not give them their passwords. I then created a contact to forward the incoming email to....

Method for protecting cells which still allows quick editing
I’ve read a few posts on here and I think I’m pretty clear on determining which cells are locked for editing and which are unlocked for editing when a sheet is protected (tools-->protection-->protect sheet). I also know how to password protect a file for either opening or editing. What I am looking for is a method of edit protection for individual cells within a sheet (an entire column, really) which still allows for quick editing by approved individuals. Ex: a protected "signature" column that can be quickly edited by a few individuals. At this point, th...

[MS Graph] Cannot edit in the datasheets
Hello, We have a problem with Microsoft Graph (Office 2004 on Mac) opened by PowerPoint 2004. Sometime, it's impossible to edit the graph : I cannot modify the value in the datasheet. I can delete or paste a new value with the clipboard, but I cannot write anything with my keyboard. Sometime, closing MS Graph solve the problem, sometime no. Same thing with a system reboot. When restarting MS Graph or rebooting doesn't solve the problem, the only solution is... waiting. Yes, waiting.. It will works later when I will retry some hours later. The bug appear at least on 2 Mac on OSX...

exchange 2003 version 6.5 build 6944.4 = exchange 2003 service pack 3?
everything I read tells me to go to the exchange system manager, scroll down to administrative groups, right click on the server in question, and I should see what service pack of exchange I am on. for my exchange 2003 server it does not say service pack, it does say version 6.5 (build 6944.4) does that mean I have the latest service pack for exchange? the old 2000 exchange server does actually say service pack 3, it says version 6.0 (build 629.4: service pack 3) if I check for updates for the 2003 exchange server there is one update for exchange I am prompted to download, but no ser...

Exchange clock settings/issue
I have a question about the clock settings on our exchange server. I am not sure if this is the right place to post, but I am hoping someone has had an issue similar to this one. We use an exchanger server 2003 and all of our clients PC's (Windows XP) sync up to the clock on the exchange server. For some reason our clock on the exchange server runs 6 minutes faster than the atomic clock. I am not sure where the exchange server pulls its time from or how it does. All of the clients show that their time is being pulled from the exchange server when I run 'net time' from the ...

POS 2.0
Hello, Could someone tell me how to edit a Sale on MS POS 2.0 after the receipt is printed? I will frequently need to include a "TIP" item after the fact... I already learned reading the posts that the integrated credit card processing does not support that, so I will continued using a stand-alone credit card terminal. Thanks in advance! Johann, Completed sales cannot be edited to include gratuity. This would have to be tracked apart from the transaction in POS. Jeff "Johann" <jgenutis@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#Ud8K6AdHHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx....

Exchange 2007 Problem Installing CAS
I am having problems installing the Client Access Server to our Exchange 2007 server. The server currently runs the Mailbox and Hub Transport roles. After I tick the Client Access Server box in setup it does a pre requisite check and passes. It then proceeds to install CAS. It fails part way through this with the error. Read only MultiValluedProperty does not support this operation. The server does show itself as having the CAS role installed in the Exchange Management Console but things like the POP3 and IMAP services are missing. It lets me uninstall CAS with no problems. A bit m...

exchange 2003 full acces problem
Hello everybody I create an account on AD and its mailbox. I grant to this mailbox a full access for another account yesterday morning, it wa working, but this morning, i can not open the mailbox, the full acces is still here. Can you explain me what to do. Thank you, Jean-Marc ...

PO
Hi, Is there a table or field that shows when or who edited a PO? GP 9.0 Hung, Last Edited Date. Click on the expansion arrow next to the Date field in the PO header. You can also pull that field into a SmartList if you need to query a list of POs. User to Enter is another field available but I think it reflects the user that created the PO, not the last user to edit it. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com But the problem here is, I can only view the last edit and not all, kind of History of Edits on that PO. Well, I d...

Exchange 2000 highjacked Please help
Hi, we use exchange 2000. The serveris not a open realy server and asks for authentication. The problem: 1. I see tons of ques in the SMTP with messages that do not belong to us. 2. In the current sessions I saw a user wchish does not exist in our AD!! I know it sounds crazy but thats a fact. i disconnected him (or her). SMTP and IMAP have diagnostic logging switched on but I dont see this user in events logs or in security logs. I am confused and defeated. All and any help is heighly appreciated. Tarak Look at the queues and see if the messages all have a orignator of Administrator...

Exchange Error - Need HELP
Hello, Over the weekend I created two new mailboxed in my Exchange 2003 as part of my SBS2003. When trying to connec to the mailboxes from Outlook 2003, I was getting all kinds of strange errors such as "unable to conenct with exchange server". I went and checked on the properties of the new users and when I go to the "Properties" then the "Exchange Advanced" tab, then the "Mailbox Rights" I get: "The operation could not be completed because the store is not mounted" ID no: c1041732 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension The we...

Allow Exchange Access, not domain logon
I am an email administrator for a community college. We have several adjunct instructors that use only OWA to access their email. However, when we create the email account, they are also able to logon to any domain workstation. Does anyone know how to resrict a domain account to be able to access OWA, but not have permission to log into domain workstations? We have a Server 2003 domain with 2 DC's. Exchange 2003 is running on one DC (I know it is not the best config, but it can be helped at this time.) I have tried the "Log On To" settings in the users AD object, but it alw...

Win2k Clients slow to log on after Exchange 2k3 SP2 install
I have a feeling my issue could be the result of the combination of Exchange Server 2003 SP2 install and Windows Server 2003 SP1 install on the same day, but still I'm not sure why this would happen. The server itself still runs as normal - slow, but it's been that way since day 1. The workstations however logged on within a few seconds yesterday, but today they are taking almost a minute, sometimes more. The machines themselves are relatively old, but not too old for the OS. My hub is only 10MBps but again, they were much faster yesterday. I have 8 workstations connected to my ...

Information store reached 16GB limit exchange 5.5
Our information store has reached the 16GB limit. Users have cleared out there mailboxes. Now total 4GB. The information store still says it is full at 16GB, we have run the defrag utility. What can I do to clear this. Thanks in advance for your replies The 1221 Event in Application Log in the morning should state 4GB Free - if not make sure deleted item retention is off. Once you get the 1221 with the correct value you can defrag again. Make sure the backups are done before 1am or it could interrupt this process. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS&...

Problem when using send to -> as attachment and having the email NOT use the exchange server
We are using Outlook 2003 with both a POP3 account (the main email address for my library) and an exchange account that is only used for town communications. When we go into an office document and pick send to -> email as attachment the email always sends through the exchange account. We have set the POP3 account as default, gone into tools -> options -> send/recieve -> group accounts and told the exchange account to NOT send emails, and in the email itself we tell it specifically to use the POP3 account and it still sends the email with the exchnage server. Does anyone know how...

can't receive incoming mail on 2003 exchange server from outside of organization
I have a 2003 Win server running 2003 exchange server. I can send and receive mail for internal users, but can only send mail to external sources. Can't receive mail from outside of organization. Can anyone help? Public DNS MX records set up properly? Check it out at www.dnsreport.com . Recipient policy set up to handle mail for your domain, with all mailboxes getting 'stamped' with the right e-mail addresses on the domain? Firewall have port 25 open, and if you run NAT, have you forwarded port 25 traffic to the internal IP of the Exchange server? eloise wrote: > I have a 2...

I cannot edit in a cell
I have the " allow edit in cell" box cheked inder toolos - options, but when I double click in a cell I do not get a cursor. All the other spreadsheets in the workbook are ok. The sheet is not protected. Hi Kelli, Are you saying that the cursor completely disappears? Perhaps the cursor changed to another form. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/icons/pointers.jpg If it disappears, when does it come back? Look in the name box to the left of the formula bar, is the cell shown there visible. Right click on the sheettab, view code, are there any code there other than the Option E...

Outlook 2003/Exchange 5.5/Syncro issue
I upgraded to Outlook 2003 from Outlook 2000. I used to be able to syncronize all folders using F9. This no longer works in Outlook 2003. The 'All Accounts' send/recieve group includes Exchange and all relevant folders. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks, Craig Buchanan Hi Craig, Thank you for your post. It may be better if you post this question in the following newsgroup: Microsoft.private.directaccess.Outlook-Exchangeclient The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who visit the newsgrou...

need Exchange policy advice, EDB help
My Exchange 2000 server is in use by ~35 people. I have never established spool limits and I have 6-7 people that are in the 1.5GB - 2.5GB range. My EDB is ~13GB and my stream (stm) file is ~8GB. My clients use a mix of OL2000, XP, 2003. My issues are two-fold: No space to defrag/compress: I believe there is a 16GB limit on the EDB file, IIRC. I want to offline defrag, but my EDB is on a 33GB drive (w/22GB used) and there are no other attached drives. I know I have a gig or two of whitespace in my EDB at least (source: 1221). I do not have the required 110% of the EDB size in HDD space...

Exchange 2003 big question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

Junk mail in Exchange queue with no sender
I am bombarded each day with over 300 junk msgs sitting in the Exchange 5.5 outbound queue. They have a null sender field. I assume that they are spyware/cookies trying to report home, but the addresses aren't making it anymore. Sure, I can (and will) try to get spyware cleaned up on all user mailboxes, but in general, surely there's something simple I'm missing to eliminate this trash???? TIA Steve If the originator column shows <>, then it's an NDR from Exchange. It's probably trying to send NDR's to domains that sent you invalid emails. -- This posting is p...

Outlook 2003/SBS2008 Cached Exchange Mode Error
I just finished installing a new SBS2008 server and for all of my clients that use Outlook 2007 there are no issues. As for the clients still using Outlook 2003 I have issues. 1. When cached exchange mode is checked ON there is no email in the folders. When I try and force a send/receive I get a "Task "Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x80040107) : 'Could not open the item. Try again.' 2. When cached exchange mode is checked OFF I do have email but when I try an still force a send/receive I get the same error. What's going on with Outl...