Exchange Sp1 on SBS 2003

Does SBS require special windows updates and Exchange patches?  More to the
point I am encountering a problem which several postings say is resolved by
installing SP1 for Exchange.  Is there a separate Exchange SP1 for SBS 2003?
0
TomWall (14)

If you do not get an answer here try asking in SBS newsgroup.

Tom Wall wrote:

> Does SBS require special windows updates and Exchange patches?  More to the
> point I am encountering a problem which several postings say is resolved by
> installing SP1 for Exchange.  Is there a separate Exchange SP1 for SBS 2003?

0
kpalagin (1838)
3/5/2005 8:31:09 AM
Tom Wall wrote:
> Does SBS require special windows updates and Exchange patches?  More
> to the point I am encountering a problem which several postings say
> is resolved by installing SP1 for Exchange.  Is there a separate
> Exchange SP1 for SBS 2003?

No, it's the same one.

But you should post in microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs instead of here,
as there are many things you will also need to d/l and install.

0
lanwench (7567)

Native Mode in Windows 2003
I am doing a test install of CRM 1.2 on a Windows 2003 environment. During the install it tells me that I must be in Native Mode. When in Administration Tools -> Active Directory Domains and Trusts and I right mouse clice and select Raise Domain Functional Level I am shown as being in Windows 2000 mixed. My choices are Windows 2000 native or Windows 2003. Which should I select? I am not an AD or Windows 2003 guru. Alan Hi Alan, This should work with both options, it all depends on your domain architecture. Do you have any other NT4 DC ? if not you can move easily to Windows 2000...

Exchange Server Removal
I have a Windows 2003 AD containing 3 domains. Each domain has an Exch Svr 2003 in it's own admin group, all in one Exchange Org. I want to remove 1 of the servers and it's admin group. Do I just uninstall the Exchange Svr software on the desired server and then remove that admin group from another Exchange Svr manager...? If so, and advice to make it go smooth...? Thanks, Tom... On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:10:51 -0400, "Tom Karpowski" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote: >I have a Windows 2003 AD containing 3 domains. Each domain has an Exch Svr ...

Set Default Calendar in Outlook 2003
How can I change the default calendar in Outlook 2003? I have two calendars showing. One was created when I installed Outlook. The other was created when I installed Outlook Conector and added my MSN account. I'd like to use the MSN calendar as default as it is synced to all my computers when I log on to Outlook. Thanks, Sam Your default calendar folder is always the Calendar folder in your local message store or Exchange Mailbox. You can't make the MSN one the default as far as I know "Sam Crawford" <sam@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:eN531ASxFHA.612@T...

Exchange SSL Certificate
We need to have an SSL certificate for Outlook Web Access but our internal domain is called domain.int I understand the .int domain is for government treaty organisations and this is causing us a possible issue in getting an SSL certificate. Can we just get a certificate for mail.domain.com & autodiscover.domain.com? Do we need to have the internal server address on the certificate? What features of Exchange do we lose without the internal address? Thanks in advance for any replies Niaz It depends on whether you are going to use that certificate for both internal ...

Exchange 2003 OWA stopped working and DNS Events
Hi All, I am struggling with yet another Exchange 2003 problem. It has been working flawlessley for almost, nothing changed and all of a sudden quit working. When I try to open up my OWA I am getting the 503 service unavailable page. In my Event Logs, I am seeing this when I reboot the server: The dynamic registration of the DNS record '_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.ForestDnsZones.ic-MYDOMAINXXXX.us. 600 IN SRV 0 100 389 exchange.MYDOMAINXXXX.us.' failed on the following DNS server: DNS server IP address: 205.178.190.31 Returned Response Code (RCODE): 5 Returne...

Deployment Office 2003
In my organization we are going to deploy Office2003 Pro with SMS, I am using an MST file, I have some Questions:: 1. How can I config in outlook 2003 the field: SIZE in the inbox/sent items to all of my users in the deployment, Is it with OPS file and how can I do it...??? 2. In the Installation proccess : How can I make the OUTLOOK ICON appear in the desktop, not in a mode of shoutcut but in amode that I can change profile's user from it...??? 3. In the Installation Mode: How can make the CANCEL button to disapear..??? Thax OR 1) You would have to provide a script to ...

NT Backup with Exchange 2003
I am not sure whether or not my backup is actually performing. I have selected the Exchange Server to be backup up to a file, but when I go to restore, and I catalog the file and look at the Mailbox Store it reads 'no entries found'. Is this normal? This is with Server 2000 Standard and Exchange 2003 Here is what is in the log: Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: File Media name: "Media created 7/27/2004 at 1:05 AM" Backup of "CRAZYJUMPER\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup descriptio...

Office 2003 Opening a new Excel Doc.
I just updated to Office 2003 and everytime I open up a new workbook a blank workbook name PERSONAL opens as well. How do I change that from happeneing?? Thanx, Jesse Hi Jesse Window>Hide and save the personal.xls When you record a macro you have the option to save the macro in this hidden workbook so you can use the macro in all your workbooks. You can find the file in your Xlstart folder -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65505D55-31EB-4BAA-A32D-B052F70E03AD@microsoft.com... >I just...

Problem moving mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000
Hi! I'm trying to move mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 using the MS ADUC. Everything works well - the wizard shows that move operation was successfull but after the move operation I've noticed that moved mailbox exists on source server and destination server. All mail messages are moved to the new server. On the source server the home server property (home-mdb) didn't change. I've tried to follow the XADM: How to Prevent Mail Loss When Move Mailbox Operation Is Unsuccessful. When I change the home-mdb and home-mta properties the account dissapears from the source...

Exchange 5.5 uninstall/retire
Hello friends: I would like to retire/decommission one of our Exchange 5.5 servers, currently this server exists in a Exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5 mixed environment (under single organization). My question is what is the best way to retire this machine, this exchange server does not have information store, and it is not the last exchange 5.5 server in the exchange organization. Thanks for your help. On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:14:01 -0400, "Cody" <none> wrote: >Hello friends: > >I would like to retire/decommission one of our Exchange 5.5 servers, >currently this ...

DST update tool for Outlook/exchange...
Hi all, How do i check if the patch for outlook software applied and work? After applied all the patch for server, exchange, and Outlook/exchange update tool, will the appointment shift by 1 hour or it will stays at the same time as of NOW before 3/11? THanks for your time. Only the appointments in the affected DST period will be impacted - which occurs 3 weeks earlier and ends 1 week later than earlier years. The Outlook Timezone Update Tool in interactive, allows selecting/deselecting appointments to be changed and outputs a log that is displayed at the end of the session. When you...

Working offline, but no exchange server to go online with.
Hi, I use: Win XP SP2, Office 2003, SP 2. I started to create an Exchange Server account but shortly after, deleted it. Since then, I get an "Offline" icon in the right lower corner of the Also, when I try to use Rules and Alerts, I get the message: "You are currently working offline. To use this command, you must go online and connect to the Exchange Server." I do not have Exchange Server. There is no choice to go online in File Menu either. Any help would be appreciated. Create a new mail profile in Control Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles. = Configure it with...

Problems during Outlook 2003 start
Greetings to Everybody I've a problem during the start of Outlook 2003: Last week I've installed and removed the program Motorola Mobile Phone Tools. Now everytime that I start outlook appears an error message about the impossibility to found a DLL called Out97.dll placed in the folde c:\programmi\mobile phone tools. In the error message is written to try to use the option "Rileva Problemi e ripristina" in the menu ?(English translation is about Find Problems and reset" but I don't think that in the English version of Outlook the menu is called like this) but if I ch...

5.2.1 NDR
I have an issue with users unable to send messages to mail-enabled public folders in the same organization. Email can be sent to the public folder from outside. I found this is a pretty common issue but nothing helped resolve my issue. It appears to be fixed in SP2 however I am still having problems. I looked at the KB articles listed below and verified the Anonymous user has the appropriate rights. I see there was a hotfix in Exchange 2003 RTM and SP1. I also looked at all the AD permissions and the Exchange Enterprise Server group has permissions that was mentioned in various...

Outlook 2003
Hi, I have recently upgrated from MS Outlook Express to MS Outlook 2003 on WinXP. Using rule based filters I want to filter my mails in different catogaries. Now the situation is I want all the mails arriving from one domain to be moved in a single floder. eg. if the mail arriave from ..yahoo.com domain it should me moved in to local yahoo folder. Is there a way to specify wildcard like *.yahoo.com or any other tweak so that I can move all the mail arriving from one domain rather then using single mail id. Regards, Ketan. You can use the condition; With specific words in the sender's ...

how do I tell excell 2003 to print sheets back to front?
In excel 97 I could tell printer to start printing from the back page to the front so the job would come off of the printer in the right order. I cannot find that command in excell 2003. Am I overlooking it, or have they changed the command convention to an obscure, hard to understand, jargon. FILE | PRINT... | Click on the PROPERTIES button | PAGE ORDER, i.e. back to front. "goochiepepper" wrote: > In excel 97 I could tell printer to start printing from the back page to the > front so the job would come off of the printer in the right order. I cannot > find that co...

exchange 2007 delayed sending
a while ago I posted a message about delayed sending being stuck in the outbox in outlook 2007 outlook can not be closed as then the email is not send now I am trying to do the same but using outlook in online modus instead, the messages are now send immediately this even though the message header in outlook clearly states that the message is not to be delivered before "date and time" (in the future) how can I find out why this feature is not working (as expected) thnx This artical is very useful and it applies to Exchange/Outlook 2007 as well http://blogs...

Can I have two Internet Mail Services in one Exchange 5.5 Organiza
Hello, My current environment consists of 6 mailbox servers and one server hosting the internet mail service (Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000). I need to use one of the 6 mailbox servers for a product that will need to route outbound mail to another server for other secure outbound services while the other 5 servers route to the current internet mail service. Is this possible? Can I add a secondary internet mail service just for this one server? I am not able to find any knowledge base articles for assistance. Thanks in advance! On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:36:10 -0700, "exadm" &l...

Exchange 5.5 E mail message
I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and two gets a message in those one month old E-mails; from legitimate people that says: "No Message collected". I read on the internet, that AOL Had this "No Message collected" problem. I called and talked to an AOL mail administrator and he knew nothing about this problem. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong here. TIA, Jess tsqr55@yahoo.com "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and >two ge...

Outlook 2003 error
I got reburish PC from microcenter. It had a trail version of Office 2007 which had outlook. I uninstalled Office 2007 and install my Office 2003. All other Office program works fine except Outlook. After creating my email account it gave me this error message: "Unable to open your default e-mail folder. Outlook could not startbecause a data file to send and recieve mail could not be found. To dd a data file, such s a perosnal folder file, double-click the Mail icon in Windows Control Panel." I did that an when i try to add a data folder on my outlook profile it ga...

How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003
How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003. I've tried to use the help menu and I cannot figure it out. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Lenny" <Lenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F05DEA1-E264-4760-9DDE-3C97319AA1D4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003. I've tried to use the help > menu and I cannot figure it out. ...

publisher 2003 keeps freezing
publisher 2003 keeps locking up when i try to convert anything, that is, ANYTHING AT ALL into columns, more specifically 2 columns. i have a decent system, ive tried defragging all my partitions with the page file turned off, ive scanned time and time again for spyware and found nothing, and ive fixed all registry problems. this is getting really annoying, as i need this specific project for school. I havent upgraded from an older version, this is my first time running publisher of any version at all. Im running under WinXP sp1, with all the critical updates and service packs, and o...

Microsoft CRM and Exchange integration
We are trying to evaluate Microsoft CRM and have questions about its interoperability with Exchange. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Here are some questions: 1. If a user adds a contact in CRM, will this be added to a contact list in Exchange? If not, can it? Is the opposite true, where if a user adds a contact in Exchange, can it show up in CRM? 2. If a user adds an appointment in CRM, will this be added to the user's calendar in Exchange? If not, can it? Is the opposite true, where if a user adds an appointment to their calendar in Exchange, can it show up ...

Exchange Permissions #7
I am our currnet exchange administrator with full mailbox rights to every mailbox within our Admin Group. I can not remember what rights given to me to view all mailboxes in our admin group? Essentially, I am trying to grant another admin rights to view all mailboxes to mirror mine. What rights do I need to give him? J this technet link will help you to solve this http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/insider/pubfolderpermissions.mspx "JCO" wrote: > I am our currnet exchange administrator with full mailbox rights to every > mailbox within our...

Excel 2003 ODBC Add-in
Where can I download Excel 2003 ODBC Add-In from ? Hi MS no longer delivers this addin with Excel 2003. But check out: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sqlrequest.html http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/xlodbc.aspx -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excel2003User" <Excel2003User@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:687E3600-63A2-414E-A7B8-5366BE386667@microsoft.com... > Where can I download Excel 2003 ODBC Add-In from ? ...