Exchange Setup #3

I am new to Exchange administration and have a W2003R@ Server and Exchange
2003.  The Active Directory is setup for mydomain.local and I have two
domains to support domain1.com and domain2.com.  I have had some success but
cannot get any mail actually delivered to me on the Exchange server, or to me
from the exchange server.  Does anyone know of a checklist for the required
settings for this type of environment?  All help greatly appreciated, but I
think I am going to prefer this in the end to Lotus Notes, which is a
maintenance nightmare!

Thanks

Michael Ferris
amferris@bellsouth.net
amichaelferris@hotmail.com

0
Michael5492 (655)

Check the email address for you account. Do you see only the .local
address or the .com addresses as well? Of it's just the .local, then
edit the default recipient policy to stamp all users with the .com
address as their default SMTP address (default address is the BOLDED
one).

Steve Antonio, CISSP
Microsoft Exchange Support

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:30:01 -0700, Michael
<Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am new to Exchange administration and have a W2003R@ Server and Exchange
>2003.  The Active Directory is setup for mydomain.local and I have two
>domains to support domain1.com and domain2.com.  I have had some success but
>cannot get any mail actually delivered to me on the Exchange server, or to me
>from the exchange server.  Does anyone know of a checklist for the required
>settings for this type of environment?  All help greatly appreciated, but I
>think I am going to prefer this in the end to Lotus Notes, which is a
>maintenance nightmare!
>
>Thanks
>
>Michael Ferris
>amferris@bellsouth.net
>amichaelferris@hotmail.com
0
steveant (150)
4/24/2007 3:18:13 PM
On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:30:01 -0700, Michael
<Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am new to Exchange administration and have a W2003R@ Server and Exchange
>2003.  The Active Directory is setup for mydomain.local and I have two
>domains to support domain1.com and domain2.com.  I have had some success but
>cannot get any mail actually delivered to me on the Exchange server, or to me
>from the exchange server.  Does anyone know of a checklist for the required
>settings for this type of environment?  All help greatly appreciated, but I
>think I am going to prefer this in the end to Lotus Notes, which is a
>maintenance nightmare!
>
>Thanks
>
>Michael Ferris
>amferris@bellsouth.net
>amichaelferris@hotmail.com

Recipient Policies is the key here. Your Exchange server must have a
recipient policy for the domains you wish to accept email for
(otherwise you'll get a "unable to relay" message) and your users must
have smtp addresses in one or more of the domains for which you have a
recipient policy.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=exchange+recipient+policies&meta=
leads you to some links.

You haven't given much information, which is fine, so take a look
through the recipient policy. Make sure that you have spelt it
correctly and if you have applied a filter (check your own account) so
that not everyone gets both domains you are at least getting an email
address asigned.

Once you've done that you can come back to ask a little more targetted
question.

0
mark7219 (5666)
4/24/2007 3:19:46 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.  I am making progress and understood the multiple
domain addresses for the users.  I have actually been able to receive and
send to a specific user after setting this up, and am working to test other
users, but I also had a DNS issue that seems to have thwarted forwarding to a
'smart mail host' (my bellsouth.net ISP and mail account), but I am getting
close.

Again, thanks for your help.

MS should, if they have not, created a short checklist of the items for this
type of configuration (if they haven't and I missed it), as it could likely
be common for small businesses operating with multiple domains, and the DNS
and smart host options do not seem to be documented well, but their
documentation is a giant leap over Lotus Notes!

Mike Ferris

"Steve Antonio [MSFT]" wrote:

> Check the email address for you account. Do you see only the .local
> address or the .com addresses as well? Of it's just the .local, then
> edit the default recipient policy to stamp all users with the .com
> address as their default SMTP address (default address is the BOLDED
> one).
>
> Steve Antonio, CISSP
> Microsoft Exchange Support
>

> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:30:01 -0700, Michael
> <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am new to Exchange administration and have a W2003R@ Server and Exchange
> >2003.  The Active Directory is setup for mydomain.local and I have two
> >domains to support domain1.com and domain2.com.  I have had some success but
> >cannot get any mail actually delivered to me on the Exchange server, or to me
> >from the exchange server.  Does anyone know of a checklist for the required
> >settings for this type of environment?  All help greatly appreciated, but I
> >think I am going to prefer this in the end to Lotus Notes, which is a
> >maintenance nightmare!
> >
> >Thanks
> >
> >Michael Ferris
> >amferris@bellsouth.net
> >amichaelferris@hotmail.com

0
Michael5492 (655)

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Microsoft Exchange Server

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Hyperlink problem #3

Outlook Client #3

Rounding Numbers #3

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

SetWindowsHookEx #3
Hi there. Could someone explane to me what is the purpose of dwThreadId, the last member of SetWindowsHookEx function? I've expected that this is a thread id with which hooks is associated. That means that hook is getting only messages produced by this particular thread. But it looks like I'm getting system wide messages anyway. so could somone make it clear for me? In fact I need to process a mesages of only one window. I know the thread id of that window. But! this thread is not in my process! And I don't want a real system wide hook because it slows down the box. Ok, I think ...

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...

Outlook will not run in Cached Exchange mode
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C68E30.831A2160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Having a problem running outlook offline. I can't. I keep getting an = error that outlook was unable to open my .ost file when I try to run = outlook while not connected to my exchange server. So I set Outlook not = to run in cached mode, deleted my .ost file, reset outlook to work in = cached mode. Outlook creates the ost file, but still every time I try to = run outlook offline, I get the same erro...

Exchange 2007 CCR after reseeding storage group copies
We have an Exchange 2007 CCR cluster that sits on two Windows Server 2008 Enterprise nodes. Due to problems with one node, I evicted it from the cluster and rebuilt it, reinstalling Exchange using the custom / install passive node setup. I used 'Update Storage Group Copy' (with the option selected to 'Delete any existing log files in the target path') to reseed the active databses. It seemed to go OK, and the storage groups status in the Database Management window became 'healthy'. However, when I tried to move the clustered mailbox server on to the new node f...