Exchange Sets itself as default ~Urgent

I have a new SBS domain. I am using outside services for web hosting and
email...

I do not want exchange to send email as I have set up my domain to be
mydomain.local.

When I configure Outlook I set the pop 3 account to be default. However, if
I reboot then Exchange takes over and sets to default.

My understanding is that I need exchange for the company web and shared
calendars, however, I do not want to use it for email.

When Exchange is default then outgoing email is lost in never never land...
I do not want to force my users to select which account they are going to
send from every time they send a message...

I have had a few bounces that say;
<SomeUser@XXXXX.local>:

Sorry, I couldn't find any host named XXXXX.local. (#5.1.2)

Date: 3 Jan 2007 14:04:45 -0700

To: Csomeuser@xxxxxx.local

From: Marc@mydomain.com

Subject: [Auto-Reply] 6961619117711

Thanks for your email. I will read it and respond shortly!

Marc

Please help

0
marc2772 (14)

In news:u%23T5Np5LHHA.3944@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
Marc Everlove <marc@southbayaor.com> typed:
> I have a new SBS domain. I am using outside services for web hosting
> and email...
>
> I do not want exchange to send email as I have set up my domain to be
> mydomain.local.
>
> When I configure Outlook I set the pop 3 account to be default.
> However, if I reboot then Exchange takes over and sets to default.

SBS does this - try posting in microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs. There's
a registry hack for it, IIRC.

> My understanding is that I need exchange for the company web and
> shared calendars,

You don't need Exchange for Sharepoint.

> however, I do not want to use it for email.

I do suggest you rethink this. Exchange is going to be a lot nicer for you.
If you haven't worked with it before, play with it for a bit. Keep your
webhosting external - but having Exchange & the
sharing/collaboration/backups/OWA/remote access/whatnot it gives you, is a
very good thing, and I doubt your external hosting company provides you with
anything other than POP or perhaps IMAP.

> When Exchange is default then outgoing email is lost in never never
> land... I do not want to force my users to select which account they
> are going to send from every time they send a message...
>
> I have had a few bounces that say;
> <SomeUser@XXXXX.local>:
>
> Sorry, I couldn't find any host named XXXXX.local. (#5.1.2)
>
> --- Below this line is a copy of the message.

> Date: 3 Jan 2007 14:04:45 -0700

> To: Csomeuser@xxxxxx.local
>
> From: Marc@mydomain.com
>
> Subject: [Auto-Reply] 6961619117711
>
> Thanks for your email. I will read it and respond shortly!
>
> Marc
>
> Please help

0
lanwench (7567)
1/4/2007 1:19:18 AM
Thank you. I will possibly consider running exchange in the future, however,
at this time working with a live network I want to get everything up and
running as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Marc Everlove

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> In news:u%23T5Np5LHHA.3944@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
> Marc Everlove <marc@southbayaor.com> typed:
>> I have a new SBS domain. I am using outside services for web hosting
>> and email...
>>
>> I do not want exchange to send email as I have set up my domain to be
>> mydomain.local.
>>
>> When I configure Outlook I set the pop 3 account to be default.
>> However, if I reboot then Exchange takes over and sets to default.
>
> SBS does this - try posting in microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs.
> There's a registry hack for it, IIRC.
>

>> My understanding is that I need exchange for the company web and
>> shared calendars,
>
> You don't need Exchange for Sharepoint.
>
>> however, I do not want to use it for email.
>
> I do suggest you rethink this. Exchange is going to be a lot nicer for
> you. If you haven't worked with it before, play with it for a bit. Keep
> your webhosting external - but having Exchange & the
> sharing/collaboration/backups/OWA/remote access/whatnot it gives you, is a
> very good thing, and I doubt your external hosting company provides you
> with anything other than POP or perhaps IMAP.
>>
>> When Exchange is default then outgoing email is lost in never never
>> land... I do not want to force my users to select which account they
>> are going to send from every time they send a message...
>>
>> I have had a few bounces that say;
>> <SomeUser@XXXXX.local>:
>>
>> Sorry, I couldn't find any host named XXXXX.local. (#5.1.2)
>>
>> --- Below this line is a copy of the message.

>> Date: 3 Jan 2007 14:04:45 -0700

>> To: Csomeuser@xxxxxx.local
>>
>> From: Marc@mydomain.com
>>
>> Subject: [Auto-Reply] 6961619117711
>>
>> Thanks for your email. I will read it and respond shortly!
>>
>> Marc
>>
>> Please help

0
marc2772 (14)

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

.pdf save as settings

Web query timeout setting.

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Setting up a new e-mail account

Microsoft Exchange Server

Getting the BCC field by default.

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...

Outlook will not run in Cached Exchange mode
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C68E30.831A2160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Having a problem running outlook offline. I can't. I keep getting an = error that outlook was unable to open my .ost file when I try to run = outlook while not connected to my exchange server. So I set Outlook not = to run in cached mode, deleted my .ost file, reset outlook to work in = cached mode. Outlook creates the ost file, but still every time I try to = run outlook offline, I get the same erro...

Exchange 2007 CCR after reseeding storage group copies
We have an Exchange 2007 CCR cluster that sits on two Windows Server 2008 Enterprise nodes. Due to problems with one node, I evicted it from the cluster and rebuilt it, reinstalling Exchange using the custom / install passive node setup. I used 'Update Storage Group Copy' (with the option selected to 'Delete any existing log files in the target path') to reseed the active databses. It seemed to go OK, and the storage groups status in the Database Management window became 'healthy'. However, when I tried to move the clustered mailbox server on to the new node f...

Setting in Outlook 2007
Hi I have Outlook 2007 with all updates, how do I change the settings so attachments, web addresses or inserted pictures are not removed or disallowed. Thanks for any help regards Daniel Attacments removed? - Uninstall your anti virus application Web addresses - In internet options ensure outlook is set as default mail app "Daniel" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OcOS1y97JHA.5356@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have Outlook 2007 with all updates, how do I change the settings so > attachments, web addresses or inserted pictures are not removed...

Rules in Web Client / Exchange 2003
Hi Everyone, I am wondering where/how I should start troubleshooting rules in Outlook Web Client. Rules setup in Outlook Client work perfectly, however rules set up in Web Client don't seem to work. Specifically messages are not getting forwarded to an alternate email addresses specified in the rule. Sending a messge directly to the alternate email form a Web Client works all the time. Thanks in advance. If you generate the rule exactly the same way in Outlook, does it work? Also, does it happen to work when Outlook is running? "Gene B." <myemail@hidden.com> wr...

Setting up Word to automatically open in Standard mode, zoom=page margins
I've tried to find ways to handle this through the normal.dot file and can't find it... Word wants to open in layout mode and 200% zoom, forcing me to manually select mode and zoom. Any way to get Word to do what I want instead of what it wants? Thanks for your time. ===== Edward Lipsett Fukuoka, Japan Hi Edward: Word will open each document in the view and zoom it as last saved in. The onyl way to have a particular view happen every time is to create an AutoOpen() macro that specifies the view you want. Turn on your Macro Recorder and record yourself setting the view and zo...