Exchange services would not start

Guys

Recently i installed new exchange 2007 server and transfered mailboxes from
exchange 2003. All was working perfectly untill i installed Avast antivirus
without exchange plugin. Once i installed Antivirus and rebooted the server,
all the exchange services would not start. Now i have even uninstalled the
antivirus, still same issue. I can manually start the service everytime, even
when the avast was installed. Any help will apperciated.

Regards

Preet
0
Rohan (7)

Hi,

Any events logged in the application log during a restart?

Leif

"Rohan" <Rohan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Guys
>
> Recently i installed new exchange 2007 server and transfered mailboxes
> from
> exchange 2003. All was working perfectly untill i installed Avast
> antivirus
> without exchange plugin. Once i installed Antivirus and rebooted the
> server,
> all the exchange services would not start. Now i have even uninstalled the
> antivirus, still same issue. I can manually start the service everytime,
> even
> when the avast was installed. Any help will apperciated.
>
> Regards
>
> Preet

Cannot find the specified Microsoft Exchange Server
This is the error we get upon the final install checklist. ? What can cause this? Our Network Admin is pretty confident that all of his settings are fine. We can see the Exchanger Server in the domain. What are we missing? There are no users set up yet on this test Eschange server, but there is a OU setup on the Domain...but no specific user there either.????? ? If we press ahead with an install, we can add Exchange (and the router) later, correct? yes you do not need to specify an exchange server to complete the install. You can always add it later ============================== Jo...

Web Service Reference not showing XSD
Hi, I just started playing around with web services. When I reference my Web Service in my project, the XSD classes don't get referenced (they don't show). When I switch to class view in my WEb Services rpoject I see them fine. But not when the web service is referenced. What's missing? Pat ...

Outlook
We're running Exchange Server 2003/Outlook and running into a problem with Public Folders. When an item is received via an email enabled public folder, there is a delay in that item displaying in Outlook. Sometimes the delay is a few minutes, other times is can be as much as 20 minutes. Interestingly, we have rules enabled on the public folders to notify users when specific items are recieved. These notifactions are sent immediately, yet looking at the public folder, you can not yet 'see' the item. This tells me Exchange has indeed recieved the item, but not yet updated Outloo...

Schema-root public folder -migrating between exchange 2003 servers
Hi I'm migrating from an older 2003 server to a newer one (running concurrently). I read through the microsoft document on removing the first exchange server and setup replica's on the new server. One of the folders is the schema-root. Now I'm seeing two entries for the schema-root on both servers. One is the replicated one from the first server, the other I assume is from the new server. Both are replicated to each server. I'm beginning to think that I shouldn't have replicated the schema-root folder from the first server. Any idea if that is right? If I stop the...

Changing the Exchange Orginization Name
I'm trying to mount a mailbox store that was from another domain. After using esutil to clean the db, it still won't mount. The error I get points out that the Distinctive names are different. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 1088 Date: 11/19/2003 Time: 11:10:31 PM User: N/A Computer: MACHINE_A Description: The information store could not be loaded because the distinguished name (DN) /O=ABC CORPORATION/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN= of message database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (MACHINE_A)" does not m...

QUICK WORD on Exchange 2003 Consolidation
We have 8 Exchange 5.5 and 23 at another subsidiary - all across the world. Asides from reading the hundreds of pages on the consolidation to Exchange 2003 - CAN someone please just highlights some of the things 2003 brings to the table - technology wise the enables us to consolidate? I would hate to migrate to Scalix (not cause of platform - just cause it is untested and unnown). Thanks. MK: Exchange 2000/2003 bring a lot to the table for an Exchange shop. Basically, it adds the capability to host more accounts per server. Instead of being locked in to a single mailbox store p...

problem using pst files with Exchange 2003 Standard
Hi, I am having problem using old Pst files when installing new Exchage 2003 Server. Every one in my organization worked in POP3 with pst files , (Outlook 2000/XP) without any difficults. Now, After I have installed Exchange 2003 Standard Edition, and I moved their old emails trough the pst files into the new Exchange Mailbox, I am having Problem reading those mails. I have moved them using the Outlook Drug and Drop feature or even Import/Export Sometimes. Now, those emails are there, but I just can`t use them. They are become unavailable (Gray Color). Please, help find a solution for th...

Money 2005
Option to start statement download when the program starts does not work. I have to manually click the circle with the arrows button. What is wrong with the setup? I think this may be a WinXP issue... I was using Money 2005 with Win98SE and automatic updates worked (or at least happened) but recently upgraded to WinXP SP2 and now I too have to manually click the "Update Now" option... I have also noticed that some settings do not get saved between Money sessions... for example, the Update Status Dialog that has the "Hide this window during update" checkbox... well...

ISBN #'s starting w/ "0" are deleted, how to format so "0" stays put
Hello, I need to know how to format a list of cells that contain ISBN #'s so that when an ISBN starting with a "0" the zero stays. I am working w/ Excel 97. I have tried to format the cell to "Text" but then the zeros are deleted. What I am doing is copying and pasting from another spreadsheet. So, the ISBN looks like this at first: 0-889658-27-8 Then I say "Replace "-" with nothing. So then I get: 889658278 So, what I want is: 0889658278 Got me? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! I suggest formatting the cells as text *prior* to pa...

Change Exchange Virtual Directory URL
Hi, how can i change the virtual directory in Exchange OWA URL default path is https://servername.domain.tld/exchange for OWA. I would like OWA is available by https://servername.domain.tld/ without /exchange in URL. Is that possible, with minimal administrative effort? Thanks Florian http://support.microsoft.com/kb/293386/en-us. "flabs" <flabs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB9525E2-9246-43A3-A309-06F6B025D5C4@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > how can i change the virtual directory in Exchange OWA URL > default path is https://servername.domai...

how to verify maximum store size in exchange 2003
I went thru the steps of enabling our mailstore to be up to a maximum of 75 gig. how can I tell if I was successful in this? I believe when you make this change it shows right after in eventvwr. James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 13, 3:53 pm, "Gary M" <garym_jacksonfurniture(removespam)@hotmail.com> wrote: > I went thru the steps of enabling our mailstore to be up to a maximum of 75 > gig. > > how can I tell if I was successful in this? ...

Exchange 5.5 to Exchange Server 2003
I've looked through quite a few posts here, read a lot of things and still I am not 100% of the best way to go about this scenario. One EX 5.5 server at SP3 on W2K SP3, single AD domain in the forest. Whats the best method to get from this to Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003? Is is to install Exchange Server 2003 on the Windows Server 2003 box, create a new Exchange Server 2003 organization and then use the Migration Wizard? Or is it soemthing else? TIA I would recommend this procedure, http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migrating_Exchange_5_5_to_2003.html -- John Ol...

In Project 2007, Group By Baseline Start is Rolling Up Max, not Mi
In Project 2007, when you display the Baseline Start field in view with grouping turned on, Baseline Start displays the Maximum Baseline Start of the tasks that form the group, not the minimum. To work around this bug, customize a Start or Date field to equal Baseline Start with Summary calculating rollup minimum. ...

receive e-mail Microsoft Exchange 2003
Dear Reader, I have for my own use an Microsoft Exchange Server installed! I'm an newbie in the use of Exchange! I have configure Exchange so that I can send e-mail with my own registered domainname! Now I can't receive e-mail and i don't now where I can configure it! Where I have registered my e-mail address i have made an MX record so that the mail will be send to my own IP-address. My ISP said that they don't block e-mail trafic and i have configure my router so that it send trafic on port 25 and 110 to my server! Can someone help me! how I must configure it and how I can...

Monitoring Exchange Services
HI All, I'm responsible for Systemmanagement in our company. Since many times we had problems with our exchange Server. Is there a way to monitor this services with snmp ? Generally...I want also monitor any other microsoft services... Thanks Udo ukonstantin@cityweb.de (udo) wrote: >HI All, > >I'm responsible for Systemmanagement in our company. >Since many times we had problems with our exchange Server. >Is there a way to monitor this services with snmp ? > >Generally...I want also monitor any other microsoft services... > > >Thanks > >Udo Y...

Error message on starting word
on starting up word I get the following message: "Some macros in this template will not run properly in this version of Word. Please contact your administrator or the macro vendor for an updated version of the template." Does any one have any ideas about what is causing this or even better how to fix it. You probably have installed an add-in for an earlier Word version that is incompatible with your current version. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm or http://support.microso...

MAPI Spooler Could Not be started.
I've been using Outlook for a few years now and recently when I opened my Outlook, I got a blank screen and a window popped up stating "The MAPI spooler could not be started. Close and then restart all mail-enabled applications." MAPI 1.0 [000004C7] Do you know what the problem may be? I've restarted my computer and other applications, but that hasn't worked. Thanks. PD ...

how to upgrade exchange and windows to 2003
Hello I have a single domain model with Windows 2000 domain with 7 domain controllers spread across 2 cities and 7 exchange 2000 servers spread across 2 cities. i want to upgrade to windows 2003 and exchange 2003. Exchange 2000 are currently installed on member servers in the domain. I know that Windows 2003 does not support Exchange 2000, so I will have to upgrade to Exchange 2003 first on member servers and then to Windows 2003 but I would like to know that for domain, is it safe to upgrade first few domain controllers in one city and then roll out exchange 2003 in that city, and th...

Exchange 2003 Missing recipients in To Field
I have had complaints that people are sending emails to multiple recipients in my company. In the "To" field, they have 4 email address, but only two get the email. When I enable message tracking and find the email, on the recipent list, it only has the two email addresses. What happened to the other two?? When you open the received email, it has the four addresses on the To field. So why can't exchange see it?? Thank you On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 02:48:01 -0800, James Carter <JamesCarter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have had complaints that people ...

Mailbox limits in exchange 2003 not being enforced.
I'm not sure what is going on but up until about a month ago mailbox limits were being enforced in exchange. I have checked all my settings and have tried applying the limits at the IS level and the individual user level. ESM is showing that it is issuing warnings and that prohibit send is being enforced on the mailboxes over the limits, but people are still able to send. I have also checked with individual users and they are receiving the "warning message" that their mailbox is over the limit but they certainly can still send. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance Steve...

outlook anywhere sbs 2003 exchange 2003 sp2
Hello all, Quick question, I haven't managed to get outlook clients to connect over the internet as yet, could anyone let me know if all the following have to be true: * server HAS to have a certificate from a trusted CA ( clients are able to access /remote by accepting the certificate warning ok - I wasn't planning to buy a commercial certificate) * the client machines HAVE to already have been set up inside the domain * the client machines HAVE to already have joined the domain. I'm hoping there is some way of permanently accepting the ssl certificate so ie and ou...

Exchange 2003 Removing 1st server
Hi Guys I was running a exchange on a test server in my organization, and following 6 months testing andevaluation it was time to go live and install it on a live server. This was done, and all the mailboxes running on the test server migrated onto the new server etc. I was following KB822931 to decommision the test server and run into a problem. The Free/Busy folder will not synch between Test and Live when I rehome it. I constantly get the destination server (Live) saying "Locally Modified". I've even tried "Send Hierachy" from Test to Live server and it sti...

VBA Editor doesn't Start
Hello, when saving a project after lot of hours without saving I got an error related with VB and now I cann't any more start the VBA Editor. Using Outlook 2003. I have moved the VBAproject to see if Outlook starts a new one without sucess. For other users on this machine it works fine. And for other offices applications it works also fine with my user. Any ideas? Thanks It works again, seems that Outlook deactivated the vba___ .dll because of a problem with the Office Communicator Add-In. I think I will post in the the add-in forum. But by the way, does anybod...

IMAP service started but the protocol needs to be started under SysMGR
I have a W2K3 and Exchange 2003 server with no error messages in the event viewer. Even though IMAP is listed as started under Services, I had to go to Exchange System Manager to go to the server, select protocols and then start. There are no error messages in the Event viewer - can anyone tell me how to start this service automatically? It is currently set for automatic in Services but that isn't doing it (even though it says started) If you stop the service with the virtual server online it should be online when the service is again started. You might have to refresh but it shoul...

Exchange 2003 IMAP Login fails
Hi I'm running Exchange Server on Windows 2003 Small Business Server and have a problem when trying to log on to the IMAP4 server. I successfully connect to the server via telnet but after login I get the following Error message: a001 login mydomain\ss\stefan.strobl mypasswd a001 BAD protocol Error: "Expected SPACE not found". I can't see the syntax mistake. Please help. >From what I've read, the general form for fo log in is: ? login <Domain>\<UserAccount>\<ExchangeAlias> <Password> Now I'm not sure what my Exchange Alias is...? (My em...