Exchange Services keeps shutting down

Yesterday at about 3:30 pm the Exchanges Services started shutting
down then the would restart.

When I looked at the Service that are running sometimes the service
would show that it is running BUT when I would click on the services
and went into the Properties Box the service would show that is was
Stopped.

I updated Trend AV and ran a full scan and deleted a virus.  I then
rebooted the server and from 5:49 pm to about 6:10 pm the Exchange
service have stopped and started about 40 times.

Here are the servicres that keep shutting down

 Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service
 IIS Admin Service service
Microsoft Exchange POP3 service
Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service
(SMTP) service

It seems that every time the services stop the Routing Engine service
stops twice.

Any Ideas?
Thanks
Ron
0
rboetger (79)

What does Event Viewer say?

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
2/26/2007 11:20:25 PM
See Below
Thanks

The IIS Admin Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done
this 53 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 1
milliseconds: Run the configured recovery program.

The Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service terminated unexpectedly.
It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be
taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) service terminated
unexpectedly.  It has done this 53 time(s).

The IIS Admin Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done
this 52 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 1
milliseconds: Run the configured recovery program.

The Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service terminated unexpectedly.
It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be
taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The Service Control Manager tried to take a corrective action (Restart
the service) after the unexpected termination of the Microsoft
Exchange Routing Engine service, but this action failed with the
following error:
An instance of the service is already running.

The IIS Admin Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done
this 51 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 1
milliseconds: Run the configured recovery program.

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 23:20:25 -0000, "Oliver Moazzezi"
<o.moazzeziNO@SPAMfreenet.co.uk> wrote:

>What does Event Viewer say?
>
>Oliver

0
rboetger (79)
2/26/2007 11:53:29 PM
On Feb 27, 10:13 am, Ron Boetger <rboet...@bblink.net> wrote:
> Yesterday at about 3:30 pm the Exchanges Services started shutting
> down then the would restart.
>
> When I looked at the Service that are running sometimes the service
> would show that it is running BUT when I would click on the services
> and went into the Properties Box the service would show that is was
> Stopped.
>
> I updated Trend AV and ran a full scan and deleted a virus.  I then
> rebooted the server and from 5:49 pm to about 6:10 pm the Exchange
> service have stopped and started about 40 times.
>
> Here are the servicres that keep shutting down
>
>  Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service
>  IIS Admin Service service
> Microsoft Exchange POP3 service
> Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service
> (SMTP) service
>
> It seems that every time the services stop the Routing Engine service
> stops twice.
>
> Any Ideas?
> Thanks
> Ron

Hi There,
Check this post,
http://groups.google.com.au/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_thread/thread/c3139cc2d05f77c7/be7e241b9b996177?lnk=st&q=exchange+and+iis+services+&rnum=1&hl=en#be7e241b9b996177

I had the same problem two days ago.

0
sifrah (1)
2/26/2007 11:55:45 PM
On 26 Feb 2007 15:55:45 -0800, "sifrah" <sifrah@walla.com> wrote:

>On Feb 27, 10:13 am, Ron Boetger <rboet...@bblink.net> wrote:
>> Yesterday at about 3:30 pm the Exchanges Services started shutting
>> down then the would restart.
>>
>> When I looked at the Service that are running sometimes the service
>> would show that it is running BUT when I would click on the services
>> and went into the Properties Box the service would show that is was
>> Stopped.
>>
>> I updated Trend AV and ran a full scan and deleted a virus.  I then
>> rebooted the server and from 5:49 pm to about 6:10 pm the Exchange
>> service have stopped and started about 40 times.
>>
>> Here are the servicres that keep shutting down
>>
>>  Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service
>>  IIS Admin Service service
>> Microsoft Exchange POP3 service
>> Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service
>> (SMTP) service
>>
>> It seems that every time the services stop the Routing Engine service
>> stops twice.
>>
>> Any Ideas?
>> Thanks
>> Ron
>
>Hi There,
>Check this post,
>http://groups.google.com.au/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_thread/thread/c3139cc2d05f77c7/be7e241b9b996177?lnk=st&q=exchange+and+iis+services+&rnum=1&hl=en#be7e241b9b996177
>
>I had the same problem two days ago.

I always suspect AV as well, even though he is using Trend, he may
want to disable it temporarily and see if it makes a difference.
I would also download Exbpa and run it against the server.
0
adavid (8731)
2/27/2007 12:13:11 AM
Many Thanks
What is Exbpa?

I will try to disable Trend and see what happens and get back to you!

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:13:11 -0500, Andy David  {MVP}
<adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>On 26 Feb 2007 15:55:45 -0800, "sifrah" <sifrah@walla.com> wrote:
>
>>On Feb 27, 10:13 am, Ron Boetger <rboet...@bblink.net> wrote:
>>> Yesterday at about 3:30 pm the Exchanges Services started shutting
>>> down then the would restart.
>>>
>>> When I looked at the Service that are running sometimes the service
>>> would show that it is running BUT when I would click on the services
>>> and went into the Properties Box the service would show that is was
>>> Stopped.
>>>
>>> I updated Trend AV and ran a full scan and deleted a virus.  I then
>>> rebooted the server and from 5:49 pm to about 6:10 pm the Exchange
>>> service have stopped and started about 40 times.
>>>
>>> Here are the servicres that keep shutting down
>>>
>>>  Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service
>>>  IIS Admin Service service
>>> Microsoft Exchange POP3 service
>>> Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service
>>> (SMTP) service
>>>
>>> It seems that every time the services stop the Routing Engine service
>>> stops twice.
>>>
>>> Any Ideas?
>>> Thanks
>>> Ron
>>
>>Hi There,
>>Check this post,
>>http://groups.google.com.au/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_thread/thread/c3139cc2d05f77c7/be7e241b9b996177?lnk=st&q=exchange+and+iis+services+&rnum=1&hl=en#be7e241b9b996177
>>
>>I had the same problem two days ago.
>>

>I always suspect AV as well, even though he is using Trend, he may
>want to disable it temporarily and see if it makes a difference.
>I would also download Exbpa and run it against the server.
0
rboetger (79)
2/27/2007 12:22:57 AM
> What is Exbpa?

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/downloads/2003/analyzers/default.mspx

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
2/27/2007 12:32:06 AM
Turned off all of the AV Services and as fast as I turn on SMTP and
POP they shut down.

Any other ideas

Thanks

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:13:11 -0500, Andy David  {MVP}
<adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>On 26 Feb 2007 15:55:45 -0800, "sifrah" <sifrah@walla.com> wrote:
>
>>On Feb 27, 10:13 am, Ron Boetger <rboet...@bblink.net> wrote:
>>> Yesterday at about 3:30 pm the Exchanges Services started shutting
>>> down then the would restart.
>>>
>>> When I looked at the Service that are running sometimes the service
>>> would show that it is running BUT when I would click on the services
>>> and went into the Properties Box the service would show that is was
>>> Stopped.
>>>
>>> I updated Trend AV and ran a full scan and deleted a virus.  I then
>>> rebooted the server and from 5:49 pm to about 6:10 pm the Exchange
>>> service have stopped and started about 40 times.
>>>
>>> Here are the servicres that keep shutting down
>>>
>>>  Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service
>>>  IIS Admin Service service
>>> Microsoft Exchange POP3 service
>>> Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine service
>>> (SMTP) service
>>>
>>> It seems that every time the services stop the Routing Engine service
>>> stops twice.
>>>
>>> Any Ideas?
>>> Thanks
>>> Ron
>>
>>Hi There,
>>Check this post,
>>http://groups.google.com.au/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_thread/thread/c3139cc2d05f77c7/be7e241b9b996177?lnk=st&q=exchange+and+iis+services+&rnum=1&hl=en#be7e241b9b996177
>>
>>I had the same problem two days ago.
>>

>I always suspect AV as well, even though he is using Trend, he may
>want to disable it temporarily and see if it makes a difference.
>I would also download Exbpa and run it against the server.
0
rboetger (79)
2/27/2007 12:39:53 AM
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:39:53 -0500, Ron Boetger <rboetger@bblink.net>
wrote:

>Turned off all of the AV Services and as fast as I turn on SMTP and
>POP they shut down.
>
>Any other ideas

Any other 3rd party software installed?
What changed at 3:30 yesterday?
Nothing in the event logs at that time other than what you have
posted?

>Thanks
>

>On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:13:11 -0500, Andy David  {MVP}
><adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>>>Hi There,
>>>Check this post,
>>>http://groups.google.com.au/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_thread/thread/c3139cc2d05f77c7/be7e241b9b996177?lnk=st&q=exchange+and+iis+services+&rnum=1&hl=en#be7e241b9b996177
>>>
>>>I had the same problem two days ago.
>>>

>>I always suspect AV as well, even though he is using Trend, he may
>>want to disable it temporarily and see if it makes a difference.
>>I would also download Exbpa and run it against the server.
0
adavid (8731)
2/27/2007 1:33:05 AM
We have a spam product called GIF.

The Event log goes from 6:22 am on the 25th   - The WinHTTP Web Proxy
Auto-Discovery Service service entered the stopped state.

The next entry is
12:00:00 pm on the 25    The system uptime is 377326 seconds.

Then 3:33:28 pm the service - The IIS Admin Service service terminated
unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective
action will be taken in 1 milliseconds: Run the configured recovery
program.

Then the POP services shut down and from here on out they keep
shutting down and restarting.

Then the Exchange Routing Engine service terminated

Then (SMTP) service terminated

From that time on these services keep shutting down and restarting.

No one touched the server yesterday.  I received a call this am
telling me the email was down.  I remoted into the server and there
was a message telling me that an update needed to reboot the server.

Thanks

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:33:05 -0500, Andy David  {MVP}
<adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:39:53 -0500, Ron Boetger <rboetger@bblink.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Turned off all of the AV Services and as fast as I turn on SMTP and
>>POP they shut down.
>>
>>Any other ideas
>
>Any other 3rd party software installed?
>What changed at 3:30 yesterday?
>Nothing in the event logs at that time other than what you have
>posted?
>

>>Thanks
>>

>>On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:13:11 -0500, Andy David  {MVP}
>><adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>>>I always suspect AV as well, even though he is using Trend, he may
>>>want to disable it temporarily and see if it makes a difference.
>>>I would also download Exbpa and run it against the server.
0
rboetger (79)
2/27/2007 2:42:38 AM
On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:42:38 -0500, Ron Boetger <rboetger@bblink.net>
wrote:

>We have a spam product called GIF.

Or is that GFI?

You know what I am going to say, disable it and test.

>The Event log goes from 6:22 am on the 25th   - The WinHTTP Web Proxy
>Auto-Discovery Service service entered the stopped state.
>
>The next entry is
>12:00:00 pm on the 25    The system uptime is 377326 seconds.
>
>Then 3:33:28 pm the service - The IIS Admin Service service terminated
>unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective
>action will be taken in 1 milliseconds: Run the configured recovery
>program.
>
>Then the POP services shut down and from here on out they keep
>shutting down and restarting.
>
>Then the Exchange Routing Engine service terminated
>
>Then (SMTP) service terminated
>
>From that time on these services keep shutting down and restarting.
>
>No one touched the server yesterday.  I received a call this am
>telling me the email was down.  I remoted into the server and there
>was a message telling me that an update needed to reboot the server.
>
>Thanks
>

>On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:33:05 -0500, Andy David  {MVP}
><adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 19:39:53 -0500, Ron Boetger <rboetger@bblink.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Turned off all of the AV Services and as fast as I turn on SMTP and
>>>POP they shut down.
>>>
>>>Any other ideas
>>
>>Any other 3rd party software installed?
>>What changed at 3:30 yesterday?
>>Nothing in the event logs at that time other than what you have
>>posted?
>>

>>>Thanks

0
adavid (8731)
2/27/2007 3:05:25 AM
Sorry Fat Fingers  will try that also and get back to you
Thanks

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:05:25 -0500, Andy David  {MVP}
<adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:42:38 -0500, Ron Boetger <rboetger@bblink.net>
>wrote:
>
>>We have a spam product called GIF.
>
>Or is that GFI?
>
>You know what I am going to say, disable it and test.
>

>>The Event log goes from 6:22 am on the 25th   - The WinHTTP Web Proxy
>>Auto-Discovery Service service entered the stopped state.
>>
>>The next entry is
>>12:00:00 pm on the 25    The system uptime is 377326 seconds.
>>
>>Then 3:33:28 pm the service - The IIS Admin Service service terminated
>>unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective
>>action will be taken in 1 milliseconds: Run the configured recovery
>>program.
>>
>>Then the POP services shut down and from here on out they keep
>>shutting down and restarting.
>>
>>Then the Exchange Routing Engine service terminated
>>
>>Then (SMTP) service terminated
>>
>>From that time on these services keep shutting down and restarting.
>>
>>No one touched the server yesterday.  I received a call this am
>>telling me the email was down.  I remoted into the server and there
>>was a message telling me that an update needed to reboot the server.
>>
>>Thanks
>>

>>On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 20:33:05 -0500, Andy David  {MVP}
>><adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>>>Any other 3rd party software installed?
>>>What changed at 3:30 yesterday?
>>>Nothing in the event logs at that time other than what you have
>>>posted?

0
rboetger (79)
2/27/2007 3:16:45 AM
Exchange Best Practices Analyzer (from MS)

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/downloads/2003/analyzers/default.mspx

Regards,
Hank Arnold

Oliver Moazzezi wrote:
>> What is Exbpa?
>

> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/downloads/2003/analyzers/default.mspx
>
> Oliver

0
rasilon1 (689)
2/27/2007 9:27:30 AM
I stopped all of the Trend Services and the GFI services  still can't
keep Exchange Services up and running.

Thanks
Ron

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:16:45 -0500, Ron Boetger <rboetger@bblink.net>
wrote:

>Sorry Fat Fingers  will try that also and get back to you
>Thanks
>

>On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:05:25 -0500, Andy David  {MVP}
><adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:42:38 -0500, Ron Boetger <rboetger@bblink.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>We have a spam product called GIF.
>>
>>Or is that GFI?
>>
>>You know what I am going to say, disable it and test.
>>

>>>The Event log goes from 6:22 am on the 25th   - The WinHTTP Web Proxy
>>>Auto-Discovery Service service entered the stopped state.
>>>
>>>The next entry is
>>>12:00:00 pm on the 25    The system uptime is 377326 seconds.
>>>
>>>Then 3:33:28 pm the service - The IIS Admin Service service terminated
>>>unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective
>>>action will be taken in 1 milliseconds: Run the configured recovery
>>>program.
>>>
>>>Then the POP services shut down and from here on out they keep
>>>shutting down and restarting.
>>>
>>>Then the Exchange Routing Engine service terminated
>>>
>>>Then (SMTP) service terminated
>>>
>>>From that time on these services keep shutting down and restarting.
>>>
>>>No one touched the server yesterday.  I received a call this am
>>>telling me the email was down.  I remoted into the server and there
>>>was a message telling me that an update needed to reboot the server.
>>>
>>>Thanks

0
rboetger (79)
2/27/2007 2:13:41 PM
On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:13:41 -0500, Ron Boetger <rboetger@bblink.net>
wrote:

>I stopped all of the Trend Services and the GFI services  still can't
>keep Exchange Services up and running.

I would call PSS at this point and they can start looking at logs and
dumps in more depth.

>Thanks
>Ron
>

>On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:16:45 -0500, Ron Boetger <rboetger@bblink.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Sorry Fat Fingers  will try that also and get back to you
>>Thanks
>>

>>On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:05:25 -0500, Andy David  {MVP}
>><adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>>>Or is that GFI?
>>>
>>>You know what I am going to say, disable it and test.

0
adavid (8731)
2/27/2007 2:24:49 PM
Is that Microsoft Support?  and do you have a phone number.

Thanks
Ron

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:24:49 -0500, Andy David {MVP}
<adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:13:41 -0500, Ron Boetger <rboetger@bblink.net>
>wrote:
>
>>I stopped all of the Trend Services and the GFI services  still can't
>>keep Exchange Services up and running.
>>

>I would call PSS at this point and they can start looking at logs and
>dumps in more depth.
>

>>Thanks
>>Ron
>>

>>On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:16:45 -0500, Ron Boetger <rboetger@bblink.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Sorry Fat Fingers  will try that also and get back to you
>>>Thanks

0
rboetger (79)

Can't send email in OL 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode after E2K cras
I would appreciate any help I can get to resolve a problem that arose after our Exchange 2000 Server SP3 server crashed last week. Any attempt to send an email using Outlook 2003 running in Cached Exchange Mode from any mailbox results in the following NDR being received: ===================================================== From: System Administrator Sent: Wednesday, 18 January 2006 12:18 PM To: 'echo@mimesweeper.com' Subject: Undeliverable: Test message. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test message. Sent: 18/01/2006 12...

How does Outlook keep track of its PST files?
In otherwords, where does Outlook keep the information that lets it know which PST files it's using wnd where they are? thanks. in the profile - it's stored in the registry under windows messaging subsystem key. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: ...

How to keep IE from timing out on long operation
It seems that IE8 is less forgiving for long operations than previous versions. 10 seconds and it abandons the connection. Is there a way I can have my aspx file inform IE about how long to wait, or to give it some indication that data is coming during a long operation (like a long SQL query). Thanks, ....Matt "Matt Houser" <matt@houser.ca> wrote in message news:BC2449A0-AD91-4AB4-B775-EED321D95EC5@microsoft.com... > It seems that IE8 is less forgiving for long operations than previous > versions. 10 seconds and it abandons the connection. Th...

Error: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The microsoft exchange server is unavailable"
Hi: I have a user on our exchange 2003 sp1 system who is receiving the above error when trying to connect to his mailbox. He is able to connect in OWA. I gave myself rights on his mailbox and set up a new profile on my machine (xp, office 2003) and connected fine. I then logged in as his account on my machine, set up a profile and tried to open outlook and received the error above. Any ideas. Not seeing this exact error on the microsoft site or google groups. ...

Exchange 2010 Archive feature
I am trying to understand what the significant of the new Archiving feature in Exchange 2010? if the archive mailbox is located in the same database as the users mailbox, then how does this improve storage capacity or performance of Exchange? Is this feature more about keeping the users inbox clean? On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:59:05 -0700, "sawyer" <occompguy@cox.net> wrote: >I am trying to understand what the significant of the new Archiving feature >in Exchange 2010? if the archive mailbox is located in the same database as >the users mailbox, then ho...

Exchange 2003 #26
I have two windows 2003 servers on of them has exchange 2003 running on it. How do I get the other server to display the exchange tabs when I open the properties page for a user and add the mail box when creating a new user? Thanks much. You could create a custom MMC >-----Original Message----- >I have two windows 2003 servers on of them has exchange >2003 running on it. How do I get the other server to >display the exchange tabs when I open the properties page >for a user and add the mail box when creating a new user? > >Thanks much. >. > You must install ...

Moving Exchange 5.5 #3
We currently have W2K3 domain with external 2-way trust with NT4 domain where Exchange 5.5 is located. I'd lik to move my Exchange to the new server W2K member of the W2K3 domain. During the change I'd like to change also the organization and site name. Does anyboby have any information on how can easily do this without any client reconfiguration? Thanks TagaR On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:31:06 -0800, "TagaR" <TagaR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We currently have W2K3 domain with external 2-way trust with NT4 domain where >Exchange 5.5 is located. I'd l...

Incorrect mailbox size reporting Exchange 2003 SP1
Hello, we are facing a little problem with one mailbox on Exchange 2003sp1 the user reached the mailbox size limit and received the messages. however, after deleting mail (and cleaning deleted items), the mailbox size is still showing 300 mb, even though the actual size in outlook is 5 mb. for other mailboxes, it is immediate, both when size increases or decreases. the only mails left are the dumpster, but it shouldn't count on mailbox quota. Does Anybody know what i could check ? I know i can recreate another mailbox and transfer mails, but i hope there is a more 'elegant' solu...

Connect to Exchange Server through outlook over the internet?
Hello, I am trying to connect to an exchange web server using the normal version of Outlook 2003. I cannot seem to do that even though I set it up to connect to the web server in the setting. What do I need to do on either the exchange server or in my Outlook in order to make this connection? Thank you very much. What method are you using to connect to work remotely, VPN? What method is supported by your company? Your IT department would have all the pertinent information and be able to assist you with this. -- Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ ...

Exchange certificate error outlook 2007
We installed a GOdaddy SSL certificate on our exchange 2007 server. On our outlook 2007 clients we are getting an outlook 2007 certificate error. It looks like its pointing to our firewall (see attached file) The error : This CA Root certificate is not trusted because it is not in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store. We follewed instructions on how to install the certificate from digicert.com. I assume these are correct. We also checked out this blog http://www.shudnow.net/2007/08/10/outlook-2007-certificate-error/ I'm wondering why the certificate is po...

Forward Mail with Unresolved Recipients to a Single Mailbox (Exchange 5.5.2650.21)
How can I remove forwarding of all the email with unresolved recipients to the administrator? TNX Hi Joe, You can customize which NDRs you receive in the IMS Admin mailbox by going to the properties of the IMS, Internet Mail tab and clicking on customize. The server will still send NDRs regardless of this setting, but will not copy the admin. -- hth, SusanV <joe@unknown.org> wrote in message news:k6r120lul35vr88r9lt8ena4003u39b3re@4ax.com... > > > How can I remove forwarding of all the email with unresolved > recipients to the administrator? > > TNX Il Wed, 4 F...

2003 Keeps the default workbook open
When I start Excel, it starts up with a blank workbook. If I immediately open a saved file, it closes the blank workbook... All good... except mine has stopped closing the blank one. So I always end up with 2 workbooks open, the one I opened and a blank one that I'm not interested in! Is this a setting? if so where? Can I fix it? thanks... M Did you or someone create a default workbook (ie, Book.xltx or Book.xltm) and save it in "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART"? On 5/9/2010 4:17 AM, Michelle wrote: > When I start...

How to disconect exchange 5.5 and Midle server from Exchange 2003 Cluster.
I'm running a clustered Echange2003 and just completed the migration from Exchange 5.5. Anyone got any info on how to disconnect old exchange and the Exchange server that was acting as a gateway for replication while I was doing migration. ...

Adding Toronto Exchange to watch list
I've just re-installed Money 03 and now I need to add the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) to my "Investment Watch List". It's not listed in the list of exchanges. Can someone help? Thanks Is there anyone out there that can answer this for me??? Anyone??? On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:12:05 -0400, Steve P <Steve25261@comcast.net> wrote: >I've just re-installed Money 03 and now I need to add the Toronto >Stock Exchange (TSX) to my "Investment Watch List". It's not listed >in the list of exchanges. > >Can someone help? > >Thanks In ...

IMF on Exchange 2003 SP1 not working
After a disaster recovery, IMF doesn't appear to be working. I removed it through add/remove programs and reinstalled. It didn't appear to create the UCE folder. Which UCE folder? Do you mean the archive folder? Can you check performance counters - are any messages being scanned by IMF? It the Total Messages Acted Upon counter increasing? Are you getting any messages with SCLs above your gateway threshold? Is the action set to Archive? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "brad306" <bk@...

Exchange 2003 and Digital Certificates
Does anyone know where to find the HOW TOs on: Install/configure Digital Certificates for or on Exchange 2003? We are currently setup with Windows 2003 AD and Exchange 2003 and we want not only Exchange 2003 but all of the servers and/or documents using some form of digital certificate or PKI. Thanks in Advance and any help is greatly appreciated Please check the following article: 823568 HOW TO: Configure Exchange Server 2003 OWA to Use S/MIME http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823568 -- Jeremiah Waldon Jr. Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is ...

problem with deleting items via OWA on Vista
Good afternoon! We are working on a big project and I have heard from my colleagues that a couple of users are having problems when attempting to delete e-mails when using OWA. Now, unfortunately this is all I know. The colleague who has heard directly from the client is not available for the next several hours. Here is what I do know: Server-side: Exchange Server 2003 SP2 fully patched - did this myself Windows Server 2003 R2 fully patched Two different OUs (CORPORATE Users and KIOSK Users) - did this myself Two different Mailbox Stores (Corporate and KIOSK) - did this myself Differ...

Service work order
Does anyone have a template for a service work order? More specifically, a technology work order would be great. Just something that states the date, client name, description of problem, date completed. geek Browse around in the Template Gallery. May find something? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 06:59:03 -0800, schoolgeek63 <schoolgeek63@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone have a template for a service work order? More specifically, a >technology work order would be great. Just something t...

Connecting Outlook to Exchange
Hi, I've got a new laptop, I need to connect it to the office's Exchange Server using RPC over the internet. When I select Add exchange account, do I just type in the name of my exchange server? Because when I do this, it tries to look for the domain and won't let me connect to Exchange because I'm not connected to the LAN. I know I can configure it to use RPC, but it won't let me get into the options to set this up.... Can this be done? Cheers Tristan ...

CRM 4.0
Hi How does one configure a WF Local Service / Data Exchange Service in CRM 4.0? In a custom WF host I can accomplish this by specifying the service in the host application's configuration file. Is this approach possible with CRM 4.0? I understand that the workflow runtime is hosted by the CRM Asynchronous Service, and I have been able to register custom WF Activity as detailed in the CRM SDK documentation. However I can find no references to registering / configuring a local service. Any help much appreciated! Regards, Gareth On Oct 23, 1:38=A0pm, rgdav...@gmail.com wrote: > H...

Creating forwarding rule in Exchange
Exchange 2003 SP2 If I have user fee@domain.com receiving email at address fee@domain.com, is it possible to create a rule in Exchange that does this: All emails from user@outsidedomain.com that go to fee@domain.com should be forwarded to foo@domain.com If it is possible, and I do not have a domain user named foo, would I have to create one or simply create a contact in order for the mailbox to be created? 1. You need some recipient to have the email address fee@domain.com 2. No native facility to selectively forward mail from a particular smtp address only. You could either do it usi...

Please help with Exchange 2003 SMTP Connector
I'm trying to create an SMTP Connector in Exchange Server 2003, to have our company's email sent out (Internet/External emails) to a specific mail forwarder server (the "specific" server is our ISP/Firewall provider server). But I'm having problems understanding how to set this up properly with our Exchange 2003 Server, I know I have to create a new SMTP Connector but not sure what settings to make. Could someone please help me with this. Thanks William On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:41:39 -0500, "Bill" <wstyler@verizon.net> wrote: >I&...

Exchange 2003 Offline Defrag
Hi, Wondered if someone could confirm exactly how much space is require on the hard drive to perform an offline defrag of the private database. I'm told it's 110% of the combined size of the priv1.edb and priv1.stm files? If this is the case I'm going to be cutting it pretty fine on our server and wondered I go ahead and run it will it simply error at the begining that there's not enough space? I don't want to start it, wait for hours and then get a message saying failed..... TIA Rick On Wed, 4 May 2005 16:26:04 +0100, "rp" <rpurse#hotmailrubbis...

Field Service modules integrated to PDAs
We have field service modules (service call management, RMA, RTV) implemented on Great Plains 8. What options do I have so that our field technicians access this information (read or inquiry capability) over say PDA. I am looking for Microsoft and ISV options. FieldConnect's FieldACCESS solution provides this capability. For more information contact me at 949-428-1540 or c.wawrina@fieldconnect.com. Carl Wawrina FieldConnect, Inc. "Jack Tundra" wrote: > We have field service modules (service call management, RMA, RTV) > implemented on Great Plains 8. What option...

Create an ASP.NET Web Service
Not sure if this is the correct group to be posting this at but here goes. I am in the MSDN Library and doing the step-by-step instructions on the "Walkthrough: Creating a Distributed Application" and I appear to be a lost at step 5 in the section titled "To create an ASP.NET Web Service project". Line 5 says "In Solution Explorer, double-click Service1.asmx to select it". I do not see Servicece1.asmx in the Solution Explorer after following all the previous steps to the letter. In fact I don't see anything with an asmx extension. The closest thi...