Exchange Services Do not Start After a Restart

I have a SBS 2003 Running and for some reason some of my Exchange Service do
not start after a restart.  System Attendand tries to start shuts down
unexpectedly.  I can go to services right after logging in and start the
services and they start with no problem.  Can someone possibly tell me why
this is happening or how to fix it?
Thank You!!

0
koryg (56)

just making sure, the services are set to start automatically?

What are the error messages in the event logs?

Claus

"Kory" <koryg@community.nospam> wrote in message
>I have a SBS 2003 Running and for some reason some of my Exchange Service
>do not start after a restart.  System Attendand tries to start shuts down
>unexpectedly.  I can go to services right after logging in and start the
>services and they start with no problem.  Can someone possibly tell me why
>this is happening or how to fix it?
> Thank You!!

0
cjobes (12)
1/3/2006 6:04:00 AM
Some other service is probably not getting started in time. Check your event
logs for any unusual events at the time of startup.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Kory wrote:
> I have a SBS 2003 Running and for some reason some of my Exchange Service
> do not start after a restart.  System Attendand tries to start shuts down
> unexpectedly.  I can go to services right after logging in and start the
> services and they start with no problem.  Can someone possibly tell me why
> this is happening or how to fix it?
> Thank You!!

Check the event logs for any errors related to RPC or TCP/IP or SMTP services

Sudarsan

"Kory" wrote:

> I have a SBS 2003 Running and for some reason some of my Exchange Service do
> not start after a restart.  System Attendand tries to start shuts down
> unexpectedly.  I can go to services right after logging in and start the
> services and they start with no problem.  Can someone possibly tell me why
> this is happening or how to fix it?
> Thank You!!

0
Sudarsan (2)
1/3/2006 6:31:02 AM
OK.  Right before the error that service did not start, I get this warning:

"A service process other than the one launched by the Service Control
Manager connected when starting the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant
service.  The Service Control Manager launched process 2448 and process 3688
connected instead.

  Note that if this service is configured to start under a debugger, this
behavior is expected."

Please let me know if you have ideas.

<aaronwhittaker2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> just making sure, the services are set to start automatically?

0
koryg (56)

Cannot restart MTA!
After running mtacheck it says the database is corrupted and cannot be automatically repaired. v 5.5 Is there any way I can reset/recreate the database? If I remove the files from exchsrvr\mtadata it repopulates with the mtacheck.out folder and db00000.dat, dbrefs. Thanks! Alan Used this technique... http://networking.earthweb.com/netsysm/print.php/623491 This article saved my butt! "A Kincer" <nospamakincer@kiusa.com> wrote in message news:%23TZuytP7DHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > After running mtacheck it says the database is corrupted and cannot be > auto...

RPC over HTTP/S on Exchange 2003
I have been configuring my single server with exchange to use RPC over https I have followed the instructions in MS guide and another simplified guide at http://www.petri.co.il/configure_rpc_over_https_on_a_single_server.htm Server spec is: Server 2003 standard SP1, Exchange 2003 SP1, XP client SP2 with outlook 2003 sp2 The bottom line is that when testing from the WAN, the outlook client will not connect and say that the exchange server is unavailable. I have a lot of experience configuring rpc over http/s with sbs2003 but this is the first time for server 2003 standard. I have outlook ...

Update MSN Services with Money 2007
How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 Deluxe version ??? Thank you. Bye. Paolo B. Italy In microsoft.public.money, Paolo B. wrote: >How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 >Deluxe version ??? Transactions that you enter yourself into Microsoft Money 2007 would not be forwarded out to MSN Money. This keeps that info on your own computer. For institutions with their own OFX servers, you would have to set up those accounts to download into MSN Money also. Accounts where the data comes in via "third party" ...

!!HELP!!! Cannot connect to Exchange Server from a RDP, ICA session or server local machine
Please excuse the posting as I wasn't sure which group to post this in. I'm having issues using Outlook from a server desktop, an RDP or ICA connection. I have remote users who connect using Citrix. They logon to the Citrix server desktop (Windows 2003 Server) and use Outlook from there. They can also use Outlook from within Citrix as it is a Published Application. I know some of you are going to suggest why don't they use OWA but let's not get into that. I can log onto any workstation here in the office and connect to the Exchange server and open their Outlook. What I and they...

Snapshot Agent Fails To Start
Hi All, I'm so close to getting my SFO problems sorted but I've still got one problem. The initial snapshot is failing to work, this is only with one of the initial scheduled jobs though. CRMSQL01-Solution1_METABASE-CRMMetaPub-Ourcompany_METABAS-10 The error reports say this: The job failed. The Job was invoked by Schedule 36 (Replication agent schedule.). The last step to run was step 4 (Detect nonlogged agent shutdown.). If I trigger it manually I get this error: The job failed. The Job was invoked by User FO\remadmin. The last step to run was step 4 (Detect nonlogged agent...

IE 7 and OWA to Exchange 2003
I installed the patch that solves the crash problem when sending a new message through OWA using IE 7. I restarted the machine but it didn't solve the problem. I still can't send mails. We're using Exchange 2003 standard with SP2 on Windows 2003 R2. Any thoughts ? Haim Beyhan "Haim Beyhan" <haimb@enigma.com> wrote: >I installed the patch that solves the crash problem when sending a new >message through OWA using IE 7. I restarted the machine but it didn't solve >the problem. I still can't send mails. >We're using Exchange 2003 sta...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

How to install Exchange in an "Administrative Group"
I am running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 on a DC in my lab. Exchange is installed in the "First Administrative Group". Now I want to install a second Exchange 2003 Server in another "Administrative Group" called "Midwest". This is what I did: 1. Installed the second Exchange 2003 server in the "First Administrative Group". 2. Created the second "Administrative Group" called "Midwest". 3. Tried to move the second Exchange 2003 server into the "Midwest" Administrative Group. The problem was that I was not able to &q...

Exchange 2003 SP1 to get DST patch & Exchange 2000 patch is available to anyone for $4,000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C746B0.CFF31030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/hied_west_blog/archive/2007/02/01/dst-2007-updat= e-outlook-time-zone-data-update-tool-released-february-1-2007.aspx In the "New Highlights" section: "Exchange Server 2003 SP1 will now be = supported for an updated version of the Exchange CDO patch to be = released shortly." and "DST Hotfixes for products in Extended Support can now be purchased for = ...

Automating Auditing of Directory Service Objects
Hi. Is there a way to automate the deployment of Auditing settings to the OU's in AD? I only have a handful so it doesn't have to be TOO efficient. These have to be deployed automatically (via script, command line or whatever) if at all possible. Is this possible? If so, where can I start looking? Thanks! On Wed, 19 May 2010 06:42:49 -0700 (PDT), Neil <neilriches@googlemail.com> wrote: >Hi. Is there a way to automate the deployment of Auditing settings to >the OU's in AD? I only have a handful so it doesn't have to be TOO >efficient. These ...

CRM and Blackberry Connector on Exchange
Are there any problems installing both, CRM Connector and Blackberry Connector on an Exchange-Server? TIA Stefan ...

Forced Removal of Failed Exchange 5.5 Server
A failing Exchange 5.5 infrastructure prompted a rapid migration to Exchange 2000. A mixed mode environment was created and all security principals and data was moved to the new servers before the old server failed. Exchange 2000 is functioning and about to be integrated into an Exchange 2003 environment. However, there is still a grayed-out reference to the now failed/non-existent Exchange 5.5 computer. How can this be resolved? You can delete the server object from ADSI Edit. ADSI edit comes with windows 2000/2003 support tools. Open ADSIEdit and navigate down to the servers lev...

Error 1606 Money Service Pack 2002
I have tried all of the suggested fixes that I've seen on these boards for the error 1606. I now have no money program, I can not reinstall the money program and the error still pops up in my Turbo Tax and it is driving me crazy! I can not delete the service pack from the add or remove programs applet. I would very much like to finish the taxes before the 15Th. Does someone know what is going on? I've deleted registry keys, done clean boots, tried to eliminate every vestige of the program that can be found yet, when I try to reinstall from the disk, I'm stymied by Error...

email address on Service Call Entry window
Add an email address field to the Service Call Entry window for the customer contact on the service call. Even if it is not pulled from the email address of the address id on the service call, at least the dispatcher could enter an email address on the service call in order to communicate with the customer regarding the call. It is common to take email address as part of contact information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the m...

Excel start up
How do you create a macro that will perform certain function in an excel spreadsheet that will go to cell b2 wait for me to type data go to cell b4 wait till I type data then proceed to cell e4 wait till data is input, then e5, and over and over for cells that i would choose. I am familair with macros, but don't know how to get it to stay until I type data in those cells. Also want this to perform for every worksheet that I open with this xls file. Thanks Jeff, How about creating a userform to input the data? Use text boxes on the form for data input. Put a command button on the...

Granting admin priveleges to a process started from a C# app
Hello, I wrote a C# GUI application that I use to install, uninstall, start, and stop arbitrary Windows services. Although I would like to have handled all the gorey details in the C# code itself, I only found one example of how to do this on the Internet and I could never get it to work properly. As an alternative I decided to merely use the C# code as a GUI wrapper around running the Microsoft "installutil.exe" executable as a process. As klugey as it may seem it worked perfectly in all respects, but that was under Windows XP. When I now try use this setup on W...

exchange 5.5 will not keep new server name.
We have exchange 5.5 in enviroment where windows server 2003 is setup along with active directory and active direcitory intergrated zone which is replicated to other servers. Problem: I enter the Exchange Server Name followed by the mailbox name then I select the button [CHECK NAME] In the exchange server name field after entering the new exchange server name the old exchange server name is displayed instead. This only happens in office 2003 professional and not in office 2000 professional "old exchange server name" How did you go about changing the name of the server...

Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2003
I just upgraded my desktop to Office 2007 - Removing the older Office2000. Our Network is all 2003 Servers & Exchange. My Destop is XP SP3 In OL2007 I cannot see/find any of the exisitng public shared calendars that I could see/access in OL2000. I can see them when I'm in Webmail and desktops still running Office 2000 can see the public calendars. Any help is appreciated. Thanks John Which navigation pane are you in? Press Ctrl+6 to see the folder list. BTW, Did you keep the old Outlook 2000 profile? We recommend new profiles when upgrading from older versions. ...

Exchange 2003
I've set up a policy that deletes items in the "Deleted Items" folder that are 7 days old (no size limit). For some reason Mailbox Management finds no deleted items. See the email I receive below... The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2006-02-25 00:08:58 Completed at: 2006-02-25 00:08:59 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB The information store is 82 GB's big...there is no way there are no deleted items. I've had this pr...

Exchange client alternative ?
I have an exchange server with about 100 users. I have three computers where I want that about 40-60 people should have access to checking their mail WITHOUT logging off/on. I want that there should be one username to the computer and some other authentication at the email client side. I was thinking of using Outlook Express & implementing identities. I'd like to know if anyone has some other ideas. Thanks Peretz Stern Hi Peretz, You could use Outlook Express with different identities or you could use Outlook 2000 or above with a seperate profile for each user. You could go ...

How to Change Outgoing port in Exchange 2003
I am running Exchange 2003 on a SBS 2003 server and using the POP3 connector to get the e-mail from my account and also send the email out throught the SMTP server. Starting last Friday the outgoing mail is not being sent. Earthlink tells me that they are now using port 587 for the outgoing mail. How do I change the outgoing mail SMTP port? Thanks -- Don Holden -- Don Holden On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:07:02 -0700, Don Holden <DonHolden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running Exchange 2003 on a SBS 2003 server and using the POP3 connector >to get the e-mail from my...

Close and Restart your program.....
I want to be able to shut down my program and restart is automatically. My purpose is after the user enter's information I want to shutdown the program and restart it with the new information that was entered. The information entered activates new features, but the features can not be initialized while the program is running. It has to be initialize during startup. Thanks for you help!... Dirty Solution: Save your details, call CreateProcess or ShellExecute on your own EXE, terminate your application straight away. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Developer&quo...

Can't connect to Exchange server after VPN access
I can connect to my office Exchange server when in the office (LAN) but I cannot connect outside with Outlook. I can only use the webmail after entering a web VPN access: - First portal for VPN : https://xxx.yyy.com --> I enter my user_VPN/password_VPN - On the next web page, I have the choice for the webmail and it's a link as https://xxx.yyy.com/go/webmail.yyy.com~ssl where I can enter my user_mail/password_mail So I can't enter the url in RPC as every slash is forbidden In my Outlook, the Exchange server (EXC.yyy.com) is not reachable by ping (or tracert) and I can't ...

MS Exchange and external mail relay
In our organization we are planning if moving from Linux (postfix) to MS Exchange server. We plan to implement Postfix (in DMZ zone) as a mail relay for Exchange server (in LAN).We have about 400 users on the same external domain like @company.com. The trick is that about 100 of users only need mail address (not also a domain account), so we're thinking if it is possible to create 300 of our users of @comany.com domain on Exchange server, all other users that need only company mail (also @comapany.com) will have mailboxes on mail relay (postfix), not on Exchange server. Since it...

Users cannot login to OWA after Exchange 2K3 was moved into different OU
I created a new OU named member servers, and moved the exchange 2k3 server into it. After I moved it, only the administrator was able to login to OWA successfully. No users could login to OWA. I created a test account with a mailbox, and was able to login to OWA with the newly created test account. I then moved the exchange 2k3 server from the member servers OU into the computers OU, and the newly created account was unable to login to OWA. Any help with this would be appreciated. ...