Exchange server unreachable after being moved

Hello, people.

I hope you could help me with this issue.

We have two Exchange 2003 servers (A and B) in our organization. The server
A is the main server and as it was needed, server B was added in the same
Administrative group in the same site. But the last server (B) was ment to
inhabit in another country, so this server was sent to my coutry. Now they
both keep a constant communication via VPN.

The problem is that since de the server is here, only  internal message can
be delivered (among mailboxes in this server) but not messages between
servers (I mean, a message sent from a mailbox in one server to a mailbox in
the other server). And the worse part is that we keep the status that both
servers A and B  are unreachable, even though services are running ok and
messages are delivered. The Event viewer doesn't show anything.

It seems there's no DNS problems since a can succesfully solve servers'
names. Both servers can keep a telnet session with 25 port with permissions
for delivery, nevertheless, mails get stuck in a Deafult SMTP Virtual Server
Queue (that has the name of the destination server)

Could you people sujest anything to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Create an SMTP Connector that uses the SMTP Virtual Server on A.  If B is in
a separate routing group, configure a routing group connector, and ensure
that the SMTP Connector is configured to service the organization.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Vicente Zambrano" <VicenteZambrano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D80C2E9C-59A5-4828-8D05-1121F31C2A24@microsoft.com...
> Hello, people.
>
> I hope you could help me with this issue.
>
> We have two Exchange 2003 servers (A and B) in our organization. The
> server
> A is the main server and as it was needed, server B was added in the same
> Administrative group in the same site. But the last server (B) was ment to
> inhabit in another country, so this server was sent to my coutry. Now they
> both keep a constant communication via VPN.
>
> The problem is that since de the server is here, only  internal message
> can
> be delivered (among mailboxes in this server) but not messages between
> servers (I mean, a message sent from a mailbox in one server to a mailbox
> in
> the other server). And the worse part is that we keep the status that both
> servers A and B  are unreachable, even though services are running ok and
> messages are delivered. The Event viewer doesn't show anything.
>
> It seems there's no DNS problems since a can succesfully solve servers'
> names. Both servers can keep a telnet session with 25 port with
> permissions
> for delivery, nevertheless, mails get stuck in a Deafult SMTP Virtual
> Server
> Queue (that has the name of the destination server)
>
> Could you people sujest anything to solve this problem?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Exchange 2000 NDR
Hi, I'm trying to send an email to this recipient: a.b.c.@mydomain.com Exchange sends back a 5.1.3 NDR -I think it's due to the dot before @ in the address-. How can I tell exchange to acept this kind of address? Thanks. ...

upgrading exchange 5 to 5.5
I have a single exchange 5.x organization with 5 sites, one server in each site. One server is running exchange 5, the rest are on 5.5 SP4. I want to prepare the organization for a 5.5/2003 mixed mode situation. Can I in place upgrade the 5 to 5.5? Has anyone had any problems or advice with regards to doing this? If it can't be in place upgraded, what are the alternatives for 2003 preparation? Thanks, James ...

Moving from cell to cell
Moving from cell to cell using arrow key stopped working. Help! Maybe hit Scroll Lock key... If Scroll Lock is on, the arrows still work, but in a different way. HTH Regards, Howard "crys0814" <crys0814@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B985BCA-BFB8-4718-8ED8-833BE78D8895@microsoft.com... > Moving from cell to cell using arrow key stopped working. Help! Hi there cry0814, It is possible that you have accidentally pressed your scroll lock key which disables your arrow keys. Try pressing it again and let us know your results Regard...

Changes Since Moving to Exchange
Hi there; I have subfolders within the inbox, and then subfolders within the subfolders. I also have rules so that when a message comes in from a certain person the message goes into their folder. Before we moved to our new exchange server if someone sent a message and the message went to their folder, the number of unread emails in the folder changes (ie, if Joe Bloggs sends an email to me his message goes to the Joe Bloggs folder, and it looks like Joe Bloggs (1)). And the folder that the 'Joe Bloggs' is in (for this example it could be 'staff') would also...

Can i move multiple lines between workbooks
I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc. I would like to create separate files for each speed, but Excel won't allow me to cut/copy several lines to created a new file/workbook. Is there any way round this? Martin Ellis Sun, 16 Sep 2007 03:28:00 -0700 from Martin Ellis <MartinEllis@discussions.microsoft.com>: > I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are > identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc...

Entourage not showing all contacts with MS/Exchange Online
Hi, I have a user who has over 2000 contacts being shown on Outlook Web Access, but when looking at the contacts folder in Entourage it only shows 419. She's reconfigured the application through the single sign on client and emptied the folder cache on her contacts folder. I see it downloading 2000+ but it still only shows 419 contacts. I've called MSOnline but they didn't have much help other than the steps I've taken. Anyone familiar with this type of issue, or familiar with MAC's in general? ...

Dead Exchange box
I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool) All I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and have managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever. Could someone please tell me the best way to get the data back On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:49:02 -0700, AndrewS <AndrewS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool) >All I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and have >managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever....

exchange 2003 mailbox access
Hi, Do you know how to access other users mailbox in exchange 2003? The account I am using is domain admin but I couldn't open users' mailbox under my login name. Is there any permissions I should assign? Thanks Char On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 18:27:05 -0700, "char" <char@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Do you know how to access other users mailbox in exchange 2003? The account >I am using is domain admin but I couldn't open users' mailbox under my login >name. Is there any permissions I should assign? > >Thanks >Char By defau...

Moving Exchange 2003 to new Hardware #2
I'm in the middle of my main server move.. this server is Primary Domain Controller, exchange 2003 server, DNS and DHCP hosts, AntiVirus (Symantec), and print server. This is on a Win2k3 sp 1 OS. I've moved Symantec first, that was easy. Now I'm moving Exchange 2003 - I've installed Exchange, both servers are now running the same version and I see both in the EMS. I've started to set the public folders to replicate from my oldserver to newserver.. The public folders replicated twice, and now stopped.. they are out of sync (I think this is related to a problem I'l...

Exchange rich-text format
What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual user settings"? On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:31:01 -0700, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server >to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual >user settings"? Depends on what your users are sending messages as. Most will be using HTML or RTF anyway unless you have some policy in p...

One front-end server multiple back-end servers
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help with the following scenerio and make some suggestions as to an answer. We have 3 exchange AG groups. 1 AG group has 3 exchange servers in it, each located in it's own AD domain. 1 AG group has one exchange server in it, it's in its own AD domain. Thirdly, the last AG group has 2 exchange servers in it, both are in the same AD domain. 1 of these 2 exchange servers in the final AG mentioned is a front-end server, that should be supporting all the exchange back-end servers. The problem we are facing is that when a user from any of the ...

Exchange Reporting #2
Hello there. We are using Exchange Server 2003 in our company. My management would like me to pull a report stating how many inbound messages are received each day by each recipient in exchange. Is this possible? I have not seen any reporting functions in the Exchange Manager which would allow me to do this. Sean MIS Systems Manager It is not possible natively. You would need to look into a 3rd party monitoring/reporting solution in order to achieve this. Something like Promodag Reports, or Quest MessageStats ought to be able to provide this information. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange M...

Last day of posting via Microsoft server
Well, I guess this is the last day of posting via the Microsoft server. http://www.teranews.com/ Your own free account ($3.95 one time setup fee) that allows posting or use public.teranews.com without an account (no posting & speed capped). You can use any standard news client you choose to read and post to any newsgroup. Or Google it: http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&q=microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion&qt_s=Search God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto:BillHughes@billhughes.com http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm "D...

Exchange OMA error message. Please read...
When our i-700's with Pocket PC 2003 attempts to access our mail exchange server, all we receive is the following error message: " A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Home" mail.domain.com/exchange works fine though. We've installed the service pack 1 for exchange 2003 to attempt to fix this issue and are having the same results. Does anyone care to share how they may have overcome this exchange problem with their compatible PDAs and Exchange's OMA (Outlook Mobile Access...

Cannot view itme in Public Folder between 2 different exchange 2003
I have 2 Exchange 2003 on WIN2k server. Exchange 2003 (A) has 300 mailboxes and store the public folder. Exchange 2003 (B) has 100 mailboxes. User at Exchange 2003 (B) found that they can view the public folder but no items in it. User at Exchange 2003 (A) do not have this problem. Is the public folder must replicate to other server? Is any suggestion to view the item if no replication on public folder ?? Thanks Dennis JoJo These 2 servers in the same routing group. Exchange 2003 (A) is the Master Exchange 2003 (B) is the Member "omer maydan" <omermaydan@yahoo.com> wr...

GP 10 and Terminial Server 2008
My customer is having issues with GP 10 sp4 and Terminal Server 2008. Whenever they are in one of the Navigation panes (Purchasing) and they choose an option in the navigation Pane other than the PURCHASING (ie VENDORS) they are kicked out of GP. Has anyone come across this? ...

SQL Server Reporting Services Reports in Access
Using Access 2007 and SQL Server 2008. Is there a way to display SQL Server Reporting Services reports in Access 2007? If so, links to documentation/examples would be appreciated. -- AG Email: npATadhdataDOTcom Hi AG, No,there is no compatible interface for converting SSRS report to Access 2007 now.You may consider first export your SSRS report to an Excel file and then embed an OLE object "Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet". If you only need the data, you can directly import data from Excel to your Access database. Best regards, Charles Wa...

Minimum Exchange 2003 for CRM 1.2?
Hello We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, smtp) in place. I wish to learn what is the minimum Exchange setup that I need to do to deploy the test environment Is there a way to to configure the Exchange server such that it still uses the parent email system and still be used with the CRM thank you very much for your help vikrantca Hello, vikrantca wrote: > We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users. > We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, > smt...

2003 SP1 ADC running with Exchange 2000
Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are still 2000? This means that you have already ran domain/forest prep right? If so you can only run the 2003 version of the ADC. This is not recommended and could cause replication errors with Exchange/AD. Mark "BrianG" wrote: > Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are > still 2000? Correct, domain and forest prep has already been ran. Why can I run 2003 but not 2003 with SP1? We want to use the cross adminstrative group mailbox move function that came with...

private contacts moved to GAL DL's
I have a user who has many DL's in her private contacts, she wants to make them public in the GAL, what is the best method for this? We are using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000. TIA, Nurv ...

Add printer W2K8 error 0x00000002 (Terminal server)
When i try to add a network printer or a local printer it fails with the folowing error: 0x00000002 We have 4 terminal servers and 3 are working fine only one gives this error. I already did the folowing: Removing the printer drivers at the server. Exporting the regkey print from a good working ts to this one. Copying al driver with printmig to the bad server. System information: Windows server 20008 Service pack 2 32 bits Terminal server If someone needs more information, just ask and i will give it to you! Thanks for all your help Kindly Regards, Alex van Duist ...

Public phone list in Exchange 2003
Hi ! We are using Exchange 2003 in our company, and i have made a list of all our employees in a public folder. I want the list to be shown as "Phone list", but when my users open the folder, they see it as "address cards", and they manually have to change the view to "Phone list". This is no very good.... Is there a way for me to set it up on the server, so that the list automaticly is shown as "Phone list". Regards, Ole Set up the view you want by creating a new custom view, calling it what you like, and make it the default/initial view on the P...

Set the out of office message in Exchange 2003 for the user!
Dear All: how to set the out of office message in Exchange 2003 for the user! thanks Out of Office is a client-side function...I don't know anyway it can be set except thru Outlook or OWA (2003)... "Jazz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0aee01c495bb$772d7fb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Dear All: > > how to set the out of office message in Exchange 2003 for > the user! > > thanks This is true - its client side. However, you must set your Exchange server to allow this. Otherwise it won't work. Best of luck. Dr. Sys >---...

Exchange 2003 eating up diskspace
Hey, I've installed exchage server 2003 on a partition that is 25.1 Gb. At first everything looked okay. But now it eating 1 Gb a day and i am soon to run out off disk space. Exchange is the only software installed on this partition. Here are the directorys with corresponding size. adress : 366Kb Bin : 137Mb CONNDATA : 2.0Kb ExchangeServer_NTSNO008: : 285Kb exchweb : 44.3Mb mailroot : 0 Bytes MDBDATA : 9.0Gb MTADATA : 2.95Mb NTSNO0008.log ...

Audit permission in exchange server 2000
Hi, Platform : windows 2000 advance server, exchange 2000 enterprise edition, active directory. I'd like to get any information about how to audit exchange 2000 permission. Thank You. ...