Exchange Server Unavailable - Retry is always Succesful

Hi
W2k AD Domain with Exchange 2000 in 2,000 users+ environment

Problem

3 users setup in external workgroup, use Windows XP and Outlook 2003 to connect to exchange

The first time they connect (from switching on /logging on) they ge
"your microsoft exchange server is unavailable
Then the 3 button "retry" "work offline" "cancel

Clicking on retry always then connects up sucessfully and then can use outlook without problem

Don't think it is dns or wins problem as can ping and map drives (\\...) both by name and IP
Anyway have added enteries to hosts for exchange server name and the servers fqdn and hav
also added entry for server name into lmhosts and preloaded it

also within outlook have changed the logon network security from the default setting of
"kerberos/ntlm password authentication" t
"password authentication

Made no difference, any ideas - suspect may be something to do with fact that users do not logon to domain and are authenticate
by entering credentials in outlook

0
anonymous (74722)

OLE Server Issues and PDF's
I've seen the problems with this around, but as of yet, haven't found out a solution.... When a user inserts a PDF into a form, things work fine. When they open the attachment in the form, the file displays. When they close out, a box comes up saying "The operation on the Acrobat Document object failed. The OLE server may not be registered. To register the OLE server, reinstall it." My users are using Acrobat versions 7 or 8. Any help would be appreciated. Jeff G ...

Is it possible to run CRM Sales for Outlook on W2K server??
I have spent lot of time trying to isolate the problem and it's very strange that this works on one computers of 4 wich have the same config except the operating system(same version of Outlook is installed etc.). The other 3 keep telling me that CRM sales for outlook is already installed, there has no one been around those boxes except me and it's clear that CRM Sales for outlook has never been installed. the exact error is: Microsoft CRM Sales for outlook is alreay installed on this computer. if you want to uninstall Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook, go to Add/Remove progra...

Xp Media Player 11 Always opens Maximized?
Hello;Media Player 11 always opens or starts Maximized? I tried everything,cannot get it to open in a movable window,when it opens maximized,I try to restore it down to the size I want it,in a movable window.Then I close it,and restart the media player,and it's maximized again? Properties on the shortcut say normal window? Any fix Idea's to get it to open in a movable window? instead of Maximized all the time? Driving me crazy.Thanks Go to Start - Run, type "%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe", and press Enter. Does WMP start maximized too when i...

data exchange with XML
What is Microsoft solution for the data exchange between different platform with XML? Thanks. Hello! > What is Microsoft solution for the data exchange between different platform > with XML? Thanks. What do you mean? XML itself is considered the solution... You can, for example, export XML from Access, transform it using XSLT and import it into eXist. -- Pascal Schmitt What is eXist and what is it used for? Thanks. "Pascal Schmitt" <newsgroup@cebra.nu> wrote in message news:OOUiYvDyFHA.2312@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello! > >> What is Micro...

Account setup temporarily Unavailable #2
I installed Money 2006 standard about a week ago and online setup all my accounts were available for indirect downloading. For some reason, since then, have lost a couple of accounts that are no longer available for the service, one of which is Bank of America (California) this seems to have happened yesterday or the day before. When I attempt to again set up the service I get the subject message. Is anyone else having this same experience? I can however do direct downloads into my accounts. Since I am new to the program I am wondering if this is an anomaly or glitch in the program. ...

Rename or Exchange Names
Hi! What is the proper way of renaming a computer in windows 2003 Domain and also changing an old pc with a new one? Hello create_share, Just rename the computer connected to the domain, nothing special. You need to use an account that is able to change the name in AD so at least domain admin. Please define the old OS and new OS where you like to change between, is there a need for applications to run on the new one as on the old machine? Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** ...

Outlook 2003: Sharing Folders w/o Exchange?
Hello, Is there a way for my spouse and I to share one calendar & contacts but maintain seperate e-mail inboxes? I am just a simple home user with Windows XP (Home Edt.), each of us has our on login (user account) and Outlook 2003. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rai in Orlando, FL http://outlook.4team.biz/ "RPeraza" <rperaz01@a[-]vip.com> wrote in message news:KtDjb.148132$Of2.4219787@twister.tampabay.rr.com... > Hello, > > Is there a way for my spouse and I to share one calendar & contacts but > maintain seperate e-mail inboxes? I am just...

DHCP Server
Good morning all, SBS 2003, all patches applied. Just recently DHCP basically stopped giving leases out and some computers cannot connect to SBS server intermittently. Checked all network cables, connections, switch, etc. All are OK. I deactivated scope, deleted it, rebuilt, activated scope, reconsiled, restarted DHCP server, no real errors in log. I have a machine that I am using as a test. My distribution range for the scope is from 192.168.16.1 to 192.168.16.100, with 1-26 excluded and .34 excluded because of a IPNAT error saying that address is in use. I see the D...

restrict timing that clients can download updates from wsus server
Hi all, i have installed wsus with sp2 on a windows 2003 server that is part of a domain. I am using AD GPO to enable automatic updates of my clients to download from my wsus server. As there will be 2 other site office that download updates from this server located in HQ, i wonder if its possible to limit the timing schedule they can download so as not to use up the bandwidth in the lease line between HQ and the other 2 sites. Thks in advance ...

Exchange 2003 High Availability
I was curious if someone could point me in the direction on how I can setup our exchange servers in a way so that if one exchange server goes down the secondary/backup exchange can be used in its place and then when the primary is brought back up everything is in sync and works fine. is this possible with Exchange 2003? Also, is there a way so that mail for a domain could be delivered to an alternate server and held while a primary is down and then send the messages on to the actual server handling the users mailboxes after it is brought back online? Thanks, Paul your only optio...

Microsoft Exchange offline address book 0X8004010F
I have posted this earlier but some of you may not able to understand what I was saying because .. i was pretty much upset during that time. Below is the complete scenario. Hope to get feedback, thanks. "Microsoft Exchange offline address book 0X8004010F" As written in 2 KB articles as "nature by design" for Outlook 2003, they also published workarounds for the problems. KB 822444 - Windows 2000 server KB 275171 - Windows 2003 server #They are basically the same, its just that you do not need to type 0x for 2003. My problem is, it fails for windows 2003 se...

Exchange server uninstall
Hi, We've migrated all mailboxes from an Exchange 2000 Server to a Exchange 2007 server. The Exchange 2000 server is still on the network and I notice it still sends external emails out, there is no activity on the firewall advising the new Exchange 2007 server is doing this.. When Exchange is uninstalled from this 2000 server will external emails continue to work properly? (I assume it's doing this as there's a connection between the new Exchange 2007 server and the 2000 box?) On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:05:26 +0100, "Andrew Story" <andrewDOTst...

Sql Server
My rms version is 2.0 and I am running sql server 2000 standard addition and my data is already over 7GB and I heard RMS 2.0 SP3 do not suppot sql 2000anymore. So what my other options and What sql I should buy. -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-736-1677 vendaliajat@yahoo.com SQL 2005, although with RMS V3 coming out you will probably have to change to SQL 2008 soon enough. -- Jenny "Gill" wrote: > My rms version is 2.0 and I am running sql server 2000 standard addition and > my data is al...

the RPC server is unavailable
When I open up Message Tracking Center from my XP box it gives me an error: The RPC server is unavailable Facility: Win32 ID no: 800706ba Exchange System Manager I found a KB about it: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821830 and it says to make sure that you can connect to the server. I can connect fine. I am thinking that there is a service that I need to start. Anyone with any ideas? TIA -Steven- On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 08:10:06 -0500, "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote: >When I open up Message Tracking Center from my XP box it gives me an error: > >The ...

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' #2
Hi, I have been running Outlook 2003 through HTTP over RPC to connect to an Exchange 2003 server for some time without troubles until recently. All of the sudden both I and my users have been getting the following error on send / receive: "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" I have tried rebuilding the offline address list and creating new profiles. We are able to send and receive mail without issue. But I am worried that this error is indicative of a problem i am not seeing and it...

Can't remove Exchange 2000
Hi, I can't remove Exchange 2000 SP3 from a member server. I am logged on as the administrator. There are no mailboxes on the server. Never have been. There is no error in the event log. I try to remove it by going to Add and Remove Programs in Control Panel. The removal process starts, but finishes with red Xs next to all the components, stating that the removal failed. Afterwards IIS will not start until I reboot. There is no error from either Exchange or IIS in the event log but it almost feels like it is related ti IIS I have tried several times. The result is always the same. Any i...

Single Instance Messaging/Adding a new Server
Greetings All, I am adding a new exchnage server to one of our regional offices in order to ease a perceieved performance issue. Currently we have 1 storage group with 2 info stores, Users A-K and Users L-Z. Users L-Z will be moved to the new server.The edb for Users L-Z is approx 17GB in size with a single instance messaging ratio of approx 11-1 (we have alot of people using distribution lists here). Users L-Z is approx 400 people. My question - in moving users in the L-Z group to the new server, what can I expect (in real life terms) the expansion of the database to be... ie, what kind of ...

Currency exchange
Hello, I am looking for a value that could be taken from the Internet web page (eg. http://www.xe.com/ucc/) to insert currency exchange. I need this spreadsheet to automatically include the new exchange rates so I can prepare on demand prices to my clients based on those current exchange rates and comparison with other products from around the world. Is there a way that could help. Kindest regards Tom ++++++ To e-mail me directly, in the username change the dot "." to an underscore "_" If this http://www.x-rates.com/cgi-bin/cgicalc.cgi?value=1&base=MXN gives y...

How to assign a Task WITHOUT Exchange
We are using Outlook 2003 WITHOUT Exchange. I need to assign Tasks to another user. We do NOT have a Exchange server, and NO, installing one is not an option. When I assign calendar entries to them, all works perfect. They show up on the other side with accept/reject buttons and get added correctly to the their calendar. HOWEVER :-( When I do the same thing with a Task, the only thing that shows up on the other side is a plain vanilla email with task information in the body. It is NOT a real Task and does not contain the Accept/Decline buttons. It is just a plain email. I have made sur...

Exchange 2003 Server Replacement, Events Script Issue
We recently replaced one of our exchange servers that was housing our public folders. This server was also used as the events service for our entire site. After the replacement our mailboxes and public folders with events scripts were not firing and we had to manually change them over to the new server by opening outlook, clicking the agents tab and selecting the new server. What I'd like to know is if there is a way or script to move these events to the new server. I can see two eventconfig_<severname> and I can view the contents in the events root folder, however, I do not know ho...

Exchange 2007 SCR & DPM Configuration
Hi, My current requirement needs me to deploy DPM to protect an Exchange CCR cluster. Now as per DPM documentation, we cannot recover a CCR cluster on an SCC cluster when we are using DPM based replication & backup and not leveraging the Exchange replication engine. I would like to know if i have misunderstood the below requirement. Managing Exchange SCR Servers http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd367828.aspx Supported Scenarios * Both SCR source and target servers are Exchange Server 2007 in standalone mode. * Both SCR source and target servers are E...

Programmatically set "automatically generate microsoft exchange views" ?
Hi all I'm trying to find out how to set "automatically generate microsoft exchange views" on various folders in Outlook 2003 programmatically. I can't find much documentation on this. I don't really care which programming environment I have to do this from. The most promising was CDO folder property CdoPR_GENERATE_EXCHANGE_VIEWS (&H36E9000B) as documented on CDOLIVE. Unfortunately this seems to be no longer supported :-( Can someone point me at some more in depth or up to date documentation, or help me out here ? Many thanks Neal That's the only ...

Exchange, Win, AD 2000 to 2003 upgrade
I'm planning out the upgrade of a 2000 AD and Exchange 2000 all on separate W2k boxes (FE & BE config) to a fully AD/Win/Exch 2003 environment. I'm planning on the following steps: 1) Upgrade Exch 2000 FE to Exch 2003 FE 2) Upgrade Exch 2000 BE to Exch 2003 BE 3) Upgrade FE to Win 2003 4) Upgrade BE to Win 2003 5) Upgrade 2000 AD to 2003 I'm trying to figure out any advantages to doing the AD upgrade before or after the Exchange upgrades. I've seen it recommended to do it first, but it seems like six of one, half a dozen of the other to me. Can't find any tech doc th...

Exchange 2003
Hi I am playing around with Exchange on a test server before we deploy it to our corporate environment. However, I have hit a problem... when accessing the mail using a web browser, only Administrator passes through authentication - all other users are given an Access Denied 401. Strange, anybody any ideas? TIA Oli do the other users have outlook web access enabled? "Oli" <oli@nospamplz.oliwoods.co.uk> wrote in message news:cru4gq$hl4$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > Hi > > I am playing around with Exchange on a test server before we deploy it to > our corpora...

Unable to mount 'Public Folders" on Exchange Server 2003
Hello, I am having problems mounting the "Public Folders" tree in my Exchange Server 2003 which is running on a Windows 2003 server. The "Public Folders" tree does not appear in the "Folders" folder since I accidently removed the check mark for "Allow inheritable permissions to propagate to this object" while adding a new user to it. I checked the "Public Folders" under the server object and "Allow inheritable permissions to propagate to this object" is checked for it. I get the following error when I try to mount it: "The...