Exchange Server status during DST change over

Can anyone point me at a resource for what to do during DST change back to
normal time? I'm not talking what patches to install or how to "fix" your
computer, I'm asking what do you do with the server during the hour rollback.

Every resource on the web (that I can find) just talks about patch this, run
that, etc. It may be an obvious answer but what do we do during the period of
change over, when the clocks go back one hour? Leave the server on, shut it
down so it doesn't have any connections, or what? Let it roll into the new
time or shut it down during the problem period?

We are in Western Australia, so we don't have the Exchange CDO patches or
any of the other lovely goodies the US has. However, all I want is a web page
that says something like "after you have installed your patches to the host
OS and the application it is safe (and normal) to leave the server running
during the end of DST transition".

Thanks
John
0
JohnDoe1 (30)

Once the operating system time zone update and Exchange CDO patches are
applied, you can leave the server running. There's no need to shut it down
during the period of change over.

Doubt you'll find a web page that explicitly states that. However, none of
the docs actually tell you to restart the server - perhaps because it's not
required? :)

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"John Doe" <JohnDoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone point me at a resource for what to do during DST change back to
> normal time? I'm not talking what patches to install or how to "fix" your
> computer, I'm asking what do you do with the server during the hour
> rollback.
>
> Every resource on the web (that I can find) just talks about patch this,
> run
> that, etc. It may be an obvious answer but what do we do during the period
> of
> change over, when the clocks go back one hour? Leave the server on, shut
> it
> down so it doesn't have any connections, or what? Let it roll into the new
> time or shut it down during the problem period?
>
> We are in Western Australia, so we don't have the Exchange CDO patches or
> any of the other lovely goodies the US has. However, all I want is a web
> page
> that says something like "after you have installed your patches to the
> host
> OS and the application it is safe (and normal) to leave the server running
> during the end of DST transition".
>
> Thanks
> John

0
bharat3597 (1006)
3/20/2007 2:38:22 PM
"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharat@nospam.org> wrote:

>Once the operating system time zone update and Exchange CDO patches are
>applied, you can leave the server running. There's no need to shut it down
>during the period of change over.
>
>Doubt you'll find a web page that explicitly states that. However, none of
>the docs actually tell you to restart the server - perhaps because it's not
>required? :)

Ask "what did you do last year?" If the answer is "nothing", then
repeat it this year!

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> Ask "what did you do last year?" If the answer is "nothing", then
> repeat it this year!
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
JohnDoe1 (30)
3/21/2007 3:47:03 AM
John Doe <JohnDoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>This is the first time ever this state has every used DLS time.

Move from Indiana to Arizona. Then all you have to worry about is
State time, Navajo time and Hopi time!

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

How to change font/spacing for Outlook 2007 calendar month view?
The font and line spacing on the Outlook 2007 calendar month view makes it very difficult to read my appointments. How can I change 1) the font size, and 2) the space between lines? kgduke;146968 Wrote: > The font and line spacing on the Outlook 2007 calendar month view makes > it > very difficult to read my appointments. How can I change 1) the font > size, > and 2) the space between lines? 1. Right click on the calendar and choose Other settings to change the font. 2. You can't. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP] Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlo...

windows server per server cal
there is a doc [see link] http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/en/us/client-licensing.aspx describing "per user/device mode" licence versus "per server mode" licence for client access for win 2008 it means, having large number of clients that infreqiuently access some win 2008 server, they don't need to have all of them user/device cal, but there may be a *small* number of cals installed as per/server directly on the server, allowing the simultaneous acces of that small number of clients. of course, it is distinguished from server's licence itse...

How to count rows with changing data
I have an imported list on sheet2 and it is maybe 100 rows. Each day the data is imported the dates change along with the type of record associated with each date. Say this week there are 25 rows with 11/13, 20 rows with 11/14 and 25 rows with 11/15 and 30 rows with 11/16. Mixed in with this each of these dates might have a different type of record (each type has 4 options.) I need to be able to do the following: 1.) I need to count the number of occurrences for each date and not only show the total count but also show the date that is counted as the label. 2.)count the...

Server slows to a crawl at end of workday
Greetings, Running Exchange 5.5 still here. At the end of the day, at varying times between 4:00 and 5:00pm our server seems to freeze up, forcing us to reboot it. A previous sysadmin set up script logic and made it so that Outlook always had an OST, whether the user was a desktop or laptop. Could it be that at the end of the day users with huge mailboxes are logging off and their offline synchronizations are grinding the server to a halt? Any other ideas? We've been totally unable to reproduce this error and this is driving us crazy. We're also running OL2003 on most clients, s...

exchange 2003 message tracking error: Take the challenge
Hello.. to all..I am running exchange 2003 sp1 standard edition. I want to enable message tracking on my 2003 exhcanger server however when I select the check box to do so I am prompted to with the following error: access denied: facility: ldap provider id no: 80070005 Microsoft exchange management I am also logged in as adminstrator with full right to all mailboxes Can anyone tell me why this is happening ??? I also gave full access to the log file/folder to try to eliminate this error but I had no success Are you doing this from an account which has been delegated rights to Exchange? ...

Changing the controls' size on the dialog
I have several controls on dialog. And the dialog is sizable. I want to change the controls size according to the dialog's size. What is the easy way to do that? http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/W-D/dislog/resizabledialogs/article.php/c1989 "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1146251529.491759.108270@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I have several controls on dialog. And the dialog is sizable. I want to > change the controls size according to the dialog's size. What is the > easy way to do that? > This one works pretty good. http://www.code...

Exchange Server 2003 and BES
we migrated up to 2003 exchange. we have a BES server at one of our sites. how many BES servers can you have in a single Exchange ORG? I assume only 1 right? I don't believe that there is such a limitation. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "RC" <RichChristy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1166813039.169810.49430@48g2000cwx.googlegroups.com... > we migrated up to 2003 exchange. we have a BES server at one of our > sites. how many BES servers can you have in a single Exchange ORG? I > assume only 1 right...

changing font size
I use Styles to define 3 or 4 different combinations of font, size, alignment etc. If I save and close the document, then come back to it some time later, I often find that font sizes have been changed. For example if I set a style called "Detail" at Garamond 12 Italic, when I reopen the document "Detail" may have been reset to Garamond 10 Italic, and this may have happened to several other styles as well. Does anyone have any idea what's happening? Publisher 2003 under Win XP Pro. Thanks in advance! Did you install the updates to Publisher 2003? -- H...

Question about automatically changing the cell�s color
How could I make the cell changes its color automatically based on the type of information I enter. Thanks, for any help almufadda@hotmail.com ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try Conditional Formatting (CD) For example: Suppose you want the cell's background color to change to light green if the value entered is > 10 Click on A1 Click Format > Conditional Formatting Set under Condition 1: Cell Value Is | greater than | 10 Click Format b...

Exchange 2007
Hi there, I'm trying to create a public contact folder in Exchange 2007. I can create a new public folder using the "New-PublicFolder" shell command, but it defaults to Post item types. Could anyone tell me how to set it so that it defaults to Contact item types? Thanks, -Richard rk <rk@leapbeyond.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > I'm trying to create a public contact folder in Exchange 2007. > > I can create a new public folder using the "New-PublicFolder" shell > command, but it defaults to Post item types. Could anyone tell me how > t...

updating CRM Connector when moving the CRM Database to another server.
What updates to the MS CRM Connector do I need to do if I'm moving the CRM database to another server. I have not been able to find any information on this :-( Thanks in advance for any help, D~ ...

Changing lowercase to uppercase in the Contacts list index
I am a vision impaired user who has often thought that it would be helpful to be able to see the alphabet that is vertically placed at the right side of the address book display. I have never been able to find a way to change this display and have concluded that I am stuck with the lower case letters. Anyone know of a way to change this setting? Thanks. It can't be changed. There is at least one tool that adds an index - not sure if it would help you though - see http://alphabet.4team.biz/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.n...

Exchange server reports no account at recipient when Outlook Express is able to deliver through regular POP3 connection
I run Exchange Server 2003 with Outlook AND Outlook Express configured to work with my various POP3 accounts. If i send email to address xyz@abc.com from the Outlook / Exchange setup I get xyz@abc.com on 01/13/05 6:44 AM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <abc.com #5.1.1> Cutting and pasting the email address from Outlook into Outlook Express and sending the message, it gets right through. Using another email address worked just fine in outlo...

how to change the font color in the subject line
i like to know if i could change the font color (red, blue,...) in the subject line? if yes, please advise the steps. thanks, cwong668 you can't for sent messages, but you can change the look in your inbox by using views - specifically the automatic formatting option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com J...

Out of the Office replies (with Exchange Server)
I have a single user for which this option does not work. I have tried a different pc, upgrading her outlook client to 2002 (from 2000) with no avail. I even moved the mailbox between storage groups to see if that would help. Our servers are running exchange 2000. thanks in adv. any help is appreciated. NET Please try the steps in the following article. 248709 XCLN: Error Message: Out of Office Assistant Cannot Be Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=248709 -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "NETC...

Exchange 2003 Hosting Enviroment
I set up Global Address List specific to companies that we host email for. Everything works fine (I get the custom list) until I click Send/Receive - Download Address Book, or a user in Cached Mode downloads it. Instead of downloading the custom list it downloads the list containing every mail object in the domain. I set the QueryBaseDN for OWA, and the MSExchUseOAB settings for OAB in ADSI but whereas OWA works fine, OAB doesn't work. What am I missing or doing wrong? Thank you. Check the Default OAB - does it include all the custom Address Lists? Here's a tutorial on setting up G...

Mailbox permission in Exchange 2003
Hi All, I'm having mailbox permission problems in my Exchange 2003 as all the mailbox in my Exchange 2003 server can read each other's mail. I suspect someone accidentally grant everyone to have privilieges to all the mailboxes. Need advise on how to remove everyone privileges in all the mailboxex to resolve this problems. Thanks. On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:34:01 -0800, Sim YF <Sim YF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > I'm having mailbox permission problems in my Exchange 2003 as all the >mailbox in my Exchange 2003 server can read each other's...

Changing border thickness
I have a custom dialog box class that overrides the frame/ background drawing. I want to change the thickness of the frame border as well. The window should resize to accomodate the wider border; the client area should remain unchanged. This is what I have now: CMyDialog::OnNcCalcSize( BOOL bCalcValidRects, NCCALCSIZE_PARAMS* lpncsp ) { CDialog::OnNcCalcSize( bCalcValidRects, lpncsp ); RECT rect; GetWindowRect( &rect ); rect.left -= m_pSkin->nBorderWidth; rect.top -= m_pSkin->nBorderWidth; rect.right += m_pSkin->nBorderWidth; rect.bottom += m_pS...

outlook hotmail server
just installed office 2003 and fully updated. Set outlook to pick up my hotmail mail. It worked with office 2000 2003 gives me the warning "A connection to this server could not be established." Please help I cannot get my mail at all through outlook john ...

Help with Forwarding addresses in Exchange/Active Directory
In AD there is the forwarding area. When this was setup the box for "deliver to both mailboxes" was not checked. How do I track the messages that were forwarded? Can I recover them? The address that they were sent to is full and is no longer taking messages. Does the original sender receive a NDR? PS. I don't have message tracking turned on due to the high resource useage. Any Q answered would be a great help. Mikel Robinson Network Dogs, Inc. Mikel Robinson wrote: > In AD there is the forwarding area. When this was setup the box for > "deliver to both mail...

How will this work: Changing bill payer from MSN Bill Pay to my bank
My one year of MSN Bill Pay premium service, included in M03 dlx is close to expiring. So I am planning to use the service from my bank, (their bill payment service is fully integrated with Money ... they say). I'd like to know how all the payees I've setup in M03 will function if I switch Bill Pay providers?, or if anyone has any experience switching like this? For example, several payee's I've setup in M03 cannot be deleted, nor can their name be edited. I'm sure there's a reason for this, although I don't know exactly what it is, (my guess is there'...

Changing the domain where CRM is located
Hi, I'm installing a new domain controller on my network and I'm also changing the name of the domain. CRM 3.0 is located on its own box (SQL is stored on the same box), will the CRM 3.0 Redeployment Tool do everything I need to move CRM to the new domain? CRM will remain on the same box, I just need to connect the box to the new domain. Thanks in advanced. Regards, Cam The redeployment tool should work for this. You will need to run the export from the current system while it is still functioning. Then, follow the steps to "install" it on the servers after the...

ActiveSync from Palm device gets IIS 500 error on Exchange SP2
I just installed Exchange 2003 and SP2 and when I'm trying to connect using my palm treo650 I get an IIS 500 error. What can I do? besides cussing and swearing....try this Hit Daniel Petri site at http://www.petri.co.il/ and verify the installation is done right, and Google "activesync http 500 error". Your not alone. This is usually a permission issue on the virtual server for oma. I also recommend you post this in the activesync group. -- -------- Hope It Helps! dw _______________________________ Don Wilwol Distributed Application Technologies. dwilwol(DELETE)@datbusi...

How to change default appointment length
This one has been driving me crazy for a while - I want my default appointment length to be in 15 minute increments, not 30 minutes.. There is apparently no way to do this which "sticks." While I can change the time increments in the "weekly" view to 15 minutes per section, that works. But I can't minimize the calendar to see the work day unless it is set to 30 minutes. New appointments will always then default to 30 minutes, even if I set it in the settings (by right clicking) to 15 minutes. Set up the weekly view to 15 minutes and try to use the monthly view. No luck...

Online Quote server
Recently, I can't get a connection to the online quote server, to update my portfolio. What has happened? >-----Original Message----- >Recently, I can't get a connection to the online quote >server, to update my portfolio. What has happened? >. > I have the same problem. I have not gotten quotes for a week now. When I hit "call summary" I see "Your last call encountered an error" and "Money was unable to connect to the online quotes server. Check you Internet connection and try the operation again". My internet connection is just fine....