Exchange server recovery

I am running 2 exchange servers in a Windows 2000 AD domain.  My 2nd Exchange
server has failed and Dell is sending a replacement server.  I know that I
can run setup and use the /disasterrecovery switch to reinstall Exchange on
this new box.
My question is: how do I install the replacement server into the domain with
the domain already having a server by that name?  In other words
Poly_ethylene has failed and when I get its replacement I will be loading
server onto this box and putting it back into the domain using the same name.
 How can I do this?  I have a full bakup of C: and system state but my
hardware is going to be different so I really don't know if i can use backup.
     thanks already, tom
0
tgassett (9)

download this article...this pretty much covers all scenarios...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6e55dd49-8a6c-4f30-947e-bde95917f585&displaylang=en

"tgassett" <tgassett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am running 2 exchange servers in a Windows 2000 AD domain.  My 2nd
Exchange
> server has failed and Dell is sending a replacement server.  I know that I
> can run setup and use the /disasterrecovery switch to reinstall Exchange
on
> this new box.
> My question is: how do I install the replacement server into the domain
with
> the domain already having a server by that name?  In other words
> Poly_ethylene has failed and when I get its replacement I will be loading
> server onto this box and putting it back into the domain using the same
name.
>  How can I do this?  I have a full bakup of C: and system state but my
> hardware is going to be different so I really don't know if i can use
backup.
>      thanks already, tom

0
susan7353 (1225)
10/8/2004 1:47:18 PM
I already have that article.  It is good but does not specifically address my
issue.  It does not mention (I couldn't find it) what to do when installing
the server itself into the domain (BEFORE you ever run Exchange SETUP using
/disasterrecovery.  Do you have any info on that?  thanks,  tom

"Susan" wrote:

> download this article...this pretty much covers all scenarios...
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6e55dd49-8a6c-4f30-947e-bde95917f585&displaylang=en
>
> "tgassett" <tgassett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am running 2 exchange servers in a Windows 2000 AD domain.  My 2nd
> Exchange
> > server has failed and Dell is sending a replacement server.  I know that I
> > can run setup and use the /disasterrecovery switch to reinstall Exchange
> on
> > this new box.
> > My question is: how do I install the replacement server into the domain
> with
> > the domain already having a server by that name?  In other words
> > Poly_ethylene has failed and when I get its replacement I will be loading
> > server onto this box and putting it back into the domain using the same
> name.
> >  How can I do this?  I have a full bakup of C: and system state but my
> > hardware is going to be different so I really don't know if i can use
> backup.
> >      thanks already, tom

0
tgassett (9)
10/8/2004 2:17:02 PM
if you're installing the new server with the same name as the old one, you'd
need to remove the old server from the domain, first...then install the new
server, joining the domain...is that what you mean?

> I already have that article.  It is good but does not specifically address
my
> issue.  It does not mention (I couldn't find it) what to do when
installing
> the server itself into the domain (BEFORE you ever run Exchange SETUP
using
> /disasterrecovery.  Do you have any info on that?  thanks,  tom
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > download this article...this pretty much covers all scenarios...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6e55dd49-8a6c-4f30-947e-bde95917f585&displaylang=en

> > "tgassett" <tgassett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am running 2 exchange servers in a Windows 2000 AD domain.  My 2nd
> > Exchange
> > > server has failed and Dell is sending a replacement server.  I know
that I
> > > can run setup and use the /disasterrecovery switch to reinstall
Exchange
> > on
> > > this new box.
> > > My question is: how do I install the replacement server into the
domain
> > with
> > > the domain already having a server by that name?  In other words
> > > Poly_ethylene has failed and when I get its replacement I will be
> > > server onto this box and putting it back into the domain using the
same
> > name.
> > >  How can I do this?  I have a full bakup of C: and system state but my
> > > hardware is going to be different so I really don't know if i can use
> > backup.
> > >      thanks already, tom

0
susan7353 (1225)
10/8/2004 2:28:39 PM
actually, I just found on page 55 of that document where it says to choose a
random name for the server...look under Steps for Rebuilding a Server...

"Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message
> if you're installing the new server with the same name as the old one,
you'd
> need to remove the old server from the domain, first...then install the
new
> server, joining the domain...is that what you mean?
>
> "tgassett" <tgassett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I already have that article.  It is good but does not specifically
address
> my
> > issue.  It does not mention (I couldn't find it) what to do when
> installing
> > the server itself into the domain (BEFORE you ever run Exchange SETUP
> using
> > /disasterrecovery.  Do you have any info on that?  thanks,  tom
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > download this article...this pretty much covers all scenarios...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6e55dd49-8a6c-4f30-947e-bde95917f585&displaylang=en

> > > "tgassett" <tgassett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Exchange
> that I
> Exchange
> > > on
> domain
> > > with
> same
> > > name.
> > > backup.

0
susan7353 (1225)
10/8/2004 2:46:26 PM
I was looking at a different Exchange 2000 disaster recovovery document.
Sorry about that.  I see what you are talking about.  That is what I was
looking for.  The only problem is that I am going to be installing onto
newer/different hardware so I don't know if I can use my C:, System state
backup from the old server.  What do you think?  thanks, tom

"Susan" wrote:

> actually, I just found on page 55 of that document where it says to choose a
> random name for the server...look under Steps for Rebuilding a Server...
>
> "Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > if you're installing the new server with the same name as the old one,
> you'd
> > need to remove the old server from the domain, first...then install the
> new
> > server, joining the domain...is that what you mean?
> >
> > "tgassett" <tgassett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I already have that article.  It is good but does not specifically
> address
> > my
> > > issue.  It does not mention (I couldn't find it) what to do when
> > installing
> > > the server itself into the domain (BEFORE you ever run Exchange SETUP
> > using
> > > /disasterrecovery.  Do you have any info on that?  thanks,  tom

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6e55dd49-8a6c-4f30-947e-bde95917f585&displaylang=en

> > that I
> > Exchange
> > domain
> > same
> my
> use

0
tgassett (9)
10/8/2004 3:05:03 PM
the doc  I referred you to says to do just that...I would read that entire
document before beginning...

> I was looking at a different Exchange 2000 disaster recovovery document.
> Sorry about that.  I see what you are talking about.  That is what I was
> looking for.  The only problem is that I am going to be installing onto
> newer/different hardware so I don't know if I can use my C:, System state
> backup from the old server.  What do you think?  thanks, tom
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > actually, I just found on page 55 of that document where it says to
choose a
> > random name for the server...look under Steps for Rebuilding a Server...
> >
> > "Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > if you're installing the new server with the same name as the old one,
> > you'd
> > > need to remove the old server from the domain, first...then install
the
> > new
> > > server, joining the domain...is that what you mean?
> > >
> > > "tgassett" <tgassett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > address
> > > my
> > > installing
SETUP
> > > using

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6e55dd49-8a6c-4f30-947e-bde95917f585&displaylang=en

> > > that I
> > > Exchange
> > > domain
> > > same
> > my
> > use

0
susan7353 (1225)
10/8/2004 3:07:44 PM
Really?  The way I read it, it does.  Read the section about Selecting a DR
Strategy, then look at the method Rebuild Server.  That sure sounds like
what you are doing.  Reinstall Windows, restore the windows backup (system
state, boot and system partitions - you are backing those up, right?), run
exchange setup with the /disasterrecovery switch, then restore your
databases.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"tgassett" <tgassett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I already have that article.  It is good but does not specifically address
>my
> issue.  It does not mention (I couldn't find it) what to do when
> installing
> the server itself into the domain (BEFORE you ever run Exchange SETUP
> using
> /disasterrecovery.  Do you have any info on that?  thanks,  tom
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
>> download this article...this pretty much covers all scenarios...
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6e55dd49-8a6c-4f30-947e-bde95917f585&displaylang=en
>>
>> "tgassett" <tgassett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I am running 2 exchange servers in a Windows 2000 AD domain.  My 2nd
>> Exchange
>> > server has failed and Dell is sending a replacement server.  I know
>> > that I
>> > can run setup and use the /disasterrecovery switch to reinstall
>> > Exchange
>> on
>> > this new box.
>> > My question is: how do I install the replacement server into the domain
>> with
>> > the domain already having a server by that name?  In other words
>> > Poly_ethylene has failed and when I get its replacement I will be
>> > server onto this box and putting it back into the domain using the same
>> name.
>> >  How can I do this?  I have a full bakup of C: and system state but my
>> > hardware is going to be different so I really don't know if i can use
>> backup.
>> >      thanks already, tom

0
Ben
10/8/2004 3:32:49 PM
I believe this is precisely what I need to do.  When I backed up my dead
server, I backed up the C: (boot & system partition), system state data, and
the Exchange Information Store.
When I reinstall Windows 2000 onto my new hardware naturally I will be using
different RAID drivers, etc.  So, do I still restore the C: or just the
System state data?  The DR article says to restore System State and Windows
OS files, so I guess I have just answered my question.  I guess I am just
unsure what is going to happen when I restore the Windows OS files to
different hardware.  What do you think?  thanks,  tom

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> Really?  The way I read it, it does.  Read the section about Selecting a DR
> Strategy, then look at the method Rebuild Server.  That sure sounds like
> what you are doing.  Reinstall Windows, restore the windows backup (system
> state, boot and system partitions - you are backing those up, right?), run
> exchange setup with the /disasterrecovery switch, then restore your
> databases.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
>

> "tgassett" <tgassett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I already have that article.  It is good but does not specifically address
> >my
> > issue.  It does not mention (I couldn't find it) what to do when
> > installing
> > the server itself into the domain (BEFORE you ever run Exchange SETUP
> > using
> > /disasterrecovery.  Do you have any info on that?  thanks,  tom
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> >> download this article...this pretty much covers all scenarios...
> >>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6e55dd49-8a6c-4f30-947e-bde95917f585&displaylang=en
> >>
> >> "tgassett" <tgassett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Exchange
> >> on
> >> with
> >> name.
> >> backup.

0
tgassett (9)
10/8/2004 6:05:02 PM
Restoring system state to different hardware can be VERY flaky.  Sorry - I
must not have read that part that closely.  You may still be ok, but just be
careful.  Once you restore the system state, you will probably need to do
some driver changes.

As far as the restore, you would restore the System State and the C drive.
Then once the OS is stable, run Exchange with the /disasterrecovery switch,
and finally, restore your Exchange databases.

One other suggestion here - if at any point the restore process is
overwhelming (because it can be), you shouldn't hesitate to call Microsoft
PSS and have them step you through the process.  It will end up costing
$249, but it is normally well worth it, and you usually learn quite a bit.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

>I believe this is precisely what I need to do.  When I backed up my dead
> server, I backed up the C: (boot & system partition), system state data,
> and
> the Exchange Information Store.
> When I reinstall Windows 2000 onto my new hardware naturally I will be
> using
> different RAID drivers, etc.  So, do I still restore the C: or just the
> System state data?  The DR article says to restore System State and
> Windows
> OS files, so I guess I have just answered my question.  I guess I am just
> unsure what is going to happen when I restore the Windows OS files to
> different hardware.  What do you think?  thanks,  tom
>
> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Really?  The way I read it, it does.  Read the section about Selecting a
>> DR
>> Strategy, then look at the method Rebuild Server.  That sure sounds like
>> what you are doing.  Reinstall Windows, restore the windows backup
>> (system
>> state, boot and system partitions - you are backing those up, right?),
>> run
>> exchange setup with the /disasterrecovery switch, then restore your
>> databases.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>>

>> "tgassett" <tgassett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I already have that article.  It is good but does not specifically
>> >address
>> >my
>> > issue.  It does not mention (I couldn't find it) what to do when
>> > installing
>> > the server itself into the domain (BEFORE you ever run Exchange SETUP
>> > using
>> > /disasterrecovery.  Do you have any info on that?  thanks,  tom

0
Ben

Exchange 2003 Forms Based Authentication
Has anybody implemented FBA on Exchange 2003 with ISA 2004? I need FBA turned on in Exchange 2003 but not turned on at the ISA level. Any help would be appreciated. On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:14:33 -0700, "Mike L" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anybody implemented FBA on Exchange 2003 with ISA >2004? I need FBA turned on in Exchange 2003 but not >turned on at the ISA level. Any help would be appreciated. Indeed. This: http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/2004pubowamobile.html Gives you what you need and also an insight on some other stuff that you c...

Changing newsgroup servers...how?
I have been trying without success to access news groups on news.individual.net... but I keep getting an error message Outlook express was unable to switch to newsgroup***** on the server news.individual.net. 480 Authentication required Configuration Account. news.individual.net Server news.individual.net Any suggestions please Andy The news server requires you to supply a userid and password in order to access it. Did you configure the account properties correctly? "laroffie" <laroffie@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:cfo5v7$f1b$1@news-reader1.wanadoo.fr... &g...

CRM client for outlook on a terminal server
I have installed CRM 3.0 and when I run the terminstall it gets to the end of the install but has errors. It shows that all the files have been copied succesfully. The last 3 lines say the following. ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value. this is a 2003 network. have you installed this? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=cbad1af7-8fde-40f2-8df5-935a363f87d9&DisplayLang=en "Microsoft CRM 3.0 Desktop Client for Outlook Deployment with Terminal Server" "Kevmer" <Kevmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

How to specify DSaccess in exchange server 2003 ?
Here we have 3 DC in the domain. I want to configurate my exchange 2003 to always access DC1, any body knows how to set it ? Thanks. Hi, when you go to the properties of the Exchange Server in Exchange System Manager, you can access the Directory Access Tab. You will see all servers listed there, you cannot uncheck the automatically discover. But if you select next to Show the Configuration Domain Controller, or any other item in the list, you can manually set your preferred server. But, be careful if you specify one specific DC, he won't fall back to another one if this one fail...

Deploying Macros with Exchange Server 5.5
Ok, now that I have my macro written, I need to deploy it to about 60 workstations without having to go to each one. I am running Exchange Server 5.5. Any ideas? Thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Does anyone know where the vba code in outlook is actually stored on th hard drive? Maybe we could just copy the code to all of th computers.. ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and ...

rpc server not available by re-associating mailbox account
hi i have an exchange 2003 in a windows 2003 child domain. we have a branch office, it had windows NT4 and now it was upgraded from NT to windows 2003 als child domain in our forest (now trust between our domains) Before this,we create account and mailbox for people of this domain in our Domain (no trust betwen us) in order to use Exchange (dual account ,one by us to have an mailbxo with it and one local in their domain) Now i dont need anymore to have this and i want to associate the local AD-account instead of the account we created in our domain with the mailbox. so i thougt follow...

exchange 5.5 and 2003 coexist
My domain is mixed mode (have Windows 2003 AD, and a few WinNT DBC also, due to production reasons.) We are on Exchange 5.5, which I am in the middle of migrating to Exchange 2003 (it will be in mixed mode for a while until I am comfortable with Exchange 2003. I followed all the steps in the migration per Microsoft's outline. Everything seems to have gone fine. I have now Exchange 5.5 and 2003 on our network. I moved my mailbox to the Exchange 2003 as a guinea pig. I can send email within my company fine but I cannot receive/send any internet emails. I tried some of the ot...

Migrate Sun mail server to Exchange 2k3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C66782.59BB62E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a tool for Migrating mailbox on sun mail server(netscape) to = Exchange 2003? Or, could you give me any experiences on this point, thank you for your = any inputs. Owen 2006.4.24 ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C66782.59BB62E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> &...

Can't Open Item after Exchange 2003 Enterprise Install
I just installed a new Windows 2003 Enterprise Server with Exchnage 2003 Enterprise and some of my users have a problem opening some email messages. They get the error "Can't Open Item" Once they close Outlook XP SP-2, reopen Outlook and then try, they can open the email. This may happen to them 3 or more times a day. Any ideas? Thanks Brice P. Duffy Manager of Information Systems Mackall, Crounse & Moore, PLC bpd@mcmlaw.com What version of outlook? "Brice Duffy" <bpd@mcmlaw.com> wrote in message news:utKQV$$KFHA.1608@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &...

exchange 2003 mailbox can't read new mail
Hi all I have a problame - My Exchange 2003 sp2 hase started to get mail but i can't see the mail , Ihave chacked the mailbox DB' IT IS OK, I did disasterrecovery, but the problam is the same, i can see old mail but not the new mails ? What can it be ? ???? <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all > I have a problame - My Exchange 2003 sp2 hase started to get mail but > i can't see the mail , Ihave chacked the mailbox DB' IT IS OK, I did > disasterrecovery, but the problam is the same, i can see old mail but > not the new mails ? > What can it be...

Exchange defragmenting
Hi, I had just do an offline defragmenting with my exchange 2003 server. Because of low space in my c drive so i used d drive to store temp database. Now in d drive there are four files created by the system: tempdrfg.edb tem.edb tempdrfg.STM tem.STM While size of the actual edb and stm file (store in exchsrvr/bin directory) does not reduce. What I have to do now. On Tue, 16 May 2006 06:16:02 -0700, Amiit Mangla <AmiitMangla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I had just do an offline defragmenting with my exchange 2003 server. Because >of low space in my c dri...

Exchange 5.5 Administrator
I recently moved to a workstation running Windos XP Pro. I have not been able to install the Exchange 5.5 Admin. Does the Admin work under XP and if so is there a tweak needed to get it to install? "Ron Cooper" <Ron.Cooper@ssa.gov> wrote: >I recently moved to a workstation running Windos XP Pro. I >have not been able to install the Exchange 5.5 Admin. Does >the Admin work under XP and if so is there a tweak needed >to get it to install? 5.5 admin should be ok. There were problems with XP and ESM (2k) Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/r...

Masquerade Domain in Exchange 5.5
I need to know how to masquerade a domain in Exchange 5.5 ...

pop3 server
whenever i open windows mail it asks me to verify my pop3 username and password. when i do and click ok, the request box just goes off and comes back on again with the same request. i have checked with my ISP and i am using the right details, any help? No replies needed, my ISP is USELESS and have now given me the CORRECT info!! "rh4487" wrote: > whenever i open windows mail it asks me to verify my pop3 username and > password. when i do and click ok, the request box just goes off and comes > back on again with the same request. i have checked with my ISP ...

MS Outlook 2007 mis-type exchange criteria
I have evidently mistyped some data for MS Outlook when setting up an exchange account during a new install. The application completed the first run of the install but when it restarted it can not get past the splash for Configuring Outlook. I do get a sign in dialog box but entering the user id and pw only errors pop up until the app closes down, There seems to be no way to get back into the account set up screens or anything else for that matter to try to correct the problem. I have uninstalled the suite and re-installed but evidently some of the original reg information is ret...

Help with Exchange component of SBS2003
I have posted this to the Small Business Server forum and have not found any help, I thought I would try here... Okay, here is the problem....during an upgrade from SBS 2000 to SBS 2003, I experienced some sort of glitch that rendered the boot partition inaccessible. Since the partition could not be recovered through any method I tried, I decided to go ahead and do a clean install of SBS 2003 on that partition. SBS 2003 installed fine this time. Now the problem is the Exchange stores that were on the SBS 2000 server....the store database is still intact (I had it on a different pa...

Exchange 2K3-Mad.exe memory creep
For the last two weeks, I've been watching my mad.exe creep up in memory...like it's got a memory leak. It grabs so much memory (150Meg+ for a 2-user home/lab system) that it keeps causing my page file to grow. If I reboot, the memory gets reclaimed and it begins to creep steadily upward. Any ideas? Roger ********************************************************** *Roger A. Grimes, Computer Security Consultant *BanneretCS, LLC *CPA, MCSE:Security (NT/2000/2003/MVP), CNE (3/4), A+, Network+, Security+ *email:roger@banneretcs.com *cell: 757-615-3355 *Author of Malicious Mobil...

duplicate junk folders in Exchange mailboxes
Hi, Some of the users of our Exchange 2003 (RTM) suddenly startet to find a duplicate Junk Email Folder with a "1" at the end (something like "Junk Email1", though it's a localized version of Exchange so it's not in English). I have read some issues leading to duplicate folders but all seem to be related to the Outlook client, which is not used in our case (all accesses to these accounts with duplicate folders are done through OWA). I tried to connect to these accounts with Outlook 2003 with different command-line switches (like /ResetFolders, etc.) but with...

Migrating to Exchange 2003
Hi There I have about 50 users that presently have pop accounts and get their mail from our ISP's POP server. We are going to host our own mail on an exchange 2003 server. I need to take all the PST files that currently reside on each users PC and import them into the Exchange server as well as convert the clients to MAPI. I think ExMerge is what I should use to do this. Has anyone tried this before? Is ExMerge the right tool? Are there any better ways to do this Thanks, E For 50 users I would not bother with EXMERGE - manual import with OL will achieve the goal and you will have tight c...

Rule conflict with the exchange 2000
Hi i have win 2000 domain , i have exchange 2000 installed on it , the client have win xp , and office xp , my problem is that there is one user have made rules on the outlook in a rong wasy which couse a problem that every time he open his email profile from any workstation the following message appear >>>>server-request client action , error move copy , unable to create dest msg<<<< so how can i redo that rules , or solve that problem to not have this message appear again every time that user open his outlook profile from any computer i'll appreciate an...

Exchange Service Pack upgrade
When trying to install MS Exchange 2k service pack on our BlackBerry Server. I get the error: The component "microsoft exchange messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "update" because" - You can use this edition of Microsoft Exchange 2000 Service Pack Update to update existing version of Exchange 2000 only. Here's the funny thing Blackberry advised us to stop Exchange services on the Blackberry Box, since we are just using the Blackberry service. Help……. ...

tighter exchange integration??? 12-10-03
Has anyone thought of trying to build a bit tighter exchange integration? Like when a task is created in CRM having it go to exchange too? Etc? ...

how to restore links automatically after server migration?
We plan to migrate from Novell to Windows Server 2003, using new directory structures. The problem is : we have more than 1000 spreadsheets which are linked to other spreadsheets, and after the migration all the links will be broken because of the new locations. Is there a tool or a trick to restore these links quicker than opening all the sheets and correct the links by hand one-by-one? I could produce a table containing the name of the sheet, old location, new location, but then ?... Any help is highly appreciated! Sabine ...

Remove the last 5.5 server in the org
Hi I'm trying to remove the last 5.5 server following the KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450 but I cannot connect to the 2003 server using the 5.5 admin program. I get the following error "A Connection could not be made to the Exchange Server" Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEMS I'm at a loss as to how I can now go about removing 5.5 and changing from mixed to native mode Any help greatly appreciated Thanks Marcus Marcus, I have experienced the same error our Exchange 5.5 server, your situation is quite diffre...

Exchange 2007/spam/windows mobile
I have just installed Exchange Server 2007 and have moved a couple of mailboxes over to it for testing. I am using the Anti-spam built into EX2007. When a mailbox receives spam, it goes to the Junk Mail folder in Outlook, but it is hitting the Inbox first. I have a Windows Mobile device setup to sync to the Inbox (I checked to make sure that the Junk Email folder is not selected and it is not). I have 2 different problems, but I believe they both are related. The first... when the spam message hit my mailbox, they are first hitting my inbox real quick and then being moved the Junk ...