Exchange server on MAPS RSS list

My Exchange 2000 server is on blacklisted on RSS. Whenever I run a
open relay test from any website other than RSS it shows my relay is
closed. My question is why is it that RSS shows my server as an open
relay and how do I correct this?
0
bernardl1 (2)

You could be on a BL for a number of reasons. Some RBL owners are stricter
than others. It does not mean they are right, but it is their
database/server and they wield the power to decide what they will block you
for and for how long.

If you are willing to provide your MX info, we can help you find out if you
are truly open relay or not.

--
Sincerely,

D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
www.readymaids.com - COMPLETE SPAM Protection
www.akomolafe.com
Yesterday?  -anon

"bernard" <bernardl@ajaxbusiness.com> wrote in message
> My Exchange 2000 server is on blacklisted on RSS. Whenever I run a
> open relay test from any website other than RSS it shows my relay is
> closed. My question is why is it that RSS shows my server as an open
> relay and how do I correct this?

0
Deji
9/15/2004 5:07:50 AM
The MX record points to 216.75.78.240

"Deji Akomolafe" <deji@REMOVEPADDINGakomolafedotcom> wrote in message news:<#S#M0HumEHA.2908@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> You could be on a BL for a number of reasons. Some RBL owners are stricter
> than others. It does not mean they are right, but it is their
> database/server and they wield the power to decide what they will block you
> for and for how long.
>
> If you are willing to provide your MX info, we can help you find out if you
> are truly open relay or not.
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
> Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
> www.readymaids.com - COMPLETE SPAM Protection
> www.akomolafe.com
> Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about
> Yesterday?  -anon
>

> "bernard" <bernardl@ajaxbusiness.com> wrote in message
> > My Exchange 2000 server is on blacklisted on RSS. Whenever I run a
> > open relay test from any website other than RSS it shows my relay is
> > closed. My question is why is it that RSS shows my server as an open
> > relay and how do I correct this?
0
bernardl1 (2)
9/15/2004 2:55:24 PM
Sorry for the long delay in replying. Your server is NOT open Relay. I'd
suggest you find a means to write to the RSS folks and tell them they are
mistaken. In my previous life, I used to have to call and straighten this
type of mis-classifications with many RBL providers (and quote some RFCs)
before they will get me off their lists.

--

> The MX record points to 216.75.78.240
>

> "Deji Akomolafe" <deji@REMOVEPADDINGakomolafedotcom> wrote in message
> > You could be on a BL for a number of reasons. Some RBL owners are
stricter
> > than others. It does not mean they are right, but it is their
> > database/server and they wield the power to decide what they will block
you
> > for and for how long.
> >
> > If you are willing to provide your MX info, we can help you find out if
you
> > are truly open relay or not.
> >
> > --
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I
> > Microsoft MVP - Directory Services
> > www.readymaids.com - COMPLETE SPAM Protection
> > www.akomolafe.com
> > Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about
> > Yesterday?  -anon
> >

> > "bernard" <bernardl@ajaxbusiness.com> wrote in message
> > > My Exchange 2000 server is on blacklisted on RSS. Whenever I run a
> > > open relay test from any website other than RSS it shows my relay is
> > > closed. My question is why is it that RSS shows my server as an open
> > > relay and how do I correct this?

0
Deji

Excel 2007 Run Remote/Server/Network/Shared Macro From Custom Butt
In Excel 2003 this was straightforward: add the add-in regarless of location and assign it to a button. I have tried several things in 2007 without success. I've followed the usual links (including to Rondebruin and the others!), local add-ins running remote add-ins, abused my keyboard, kicked some furniture, etc... Still I haven't found a solution. I'm sure the solution isn't as easy as in 2003 but if anyone knows it I would appreciate some advice/directions. Thanks, SQLServant ...

Drop-down list #5

ignore list
I have importet some contact data into mscrm, When I want to add these contacts to a marketing list (add marketing list members / use advanced find/ add all selected members), the adding stops with an error. I have done a trace during the error (occurs everytime I want to add these contacts) which shows me the following error: [2009-08-24 11:15:36.778] Process:OUTLOOK |Thread:5884 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | Found crmId {319C876A-CC39-DC11-9F61-0030485C3892} in ignore list. Update notification will be ignored Function: CItemHelper<struct Outlook::_Co...

Monitor Server in 2003?

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Outlook Mail via a PROXY SERVER?
If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer using a PROXY server on the host (first) computer. I can access the net using the PROXY settings on the Internet explorer. However, how do I download mail with OUTLOOK 2000? The proxy server is CCPROXY from YoungZSoft (this runs on XP) and it has the MAIL Settings enabled but the difficulty is what to do on the Second computer? Thanks, -- John jrg_REM_SPAM@bigpond.net.au That would be determined by the proxy manufacturer - check with their support. JM7 wrote: > If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer ...

Moving Exchange #5

Backing Up Exchange Database

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

XY Scatter Map with Test Labels
Sorry if this is a repeated request, but I'm trying to show the distribution of 16 points (labelled A through P) using X-Y coordinates. When I turn on labels, I can show either the X-positions (label) or Y-positions (value), but I really want to show the text name "A" through "P". Can this be automated in Excel? Thanks for any advice. Hi Mike, The easiest thing to do is use a free addin utility to allow you to link data labels to cells. Try Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler add-in http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy Mike K. wrote...

SQL Server Connection Failed
Hi everybody, this is my scenario: 1. Windows Server 2008 2. WSS 3.0 + MOSS 2007 3. SQL Server 2008. i'm having this problem: "Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: An error occurred while evaluating the password. [CLIENT: 72.55.191.137]". in this momment i can't see any application from sharepoint. somebody knows how can i do? i don't change the sa password. i don't change anything in the sharepoint configuration. since two days ago i'm having this problem. pls, is very urgent, because i have to deliver this server the next monday to the...

Troubleshooting Exchange
I'm just wanting to write some 'proof of concept' scripts relating to Exchange that would help in troubleshooting any issues. Like the Exchange connections/second, etc. Are there any other qualitative data that can be used in general troubleshooting? Marco ...

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Outlook, Palm Pilot, and Exchange Server
I'm using Outlook with an Exchange Server (2000 Small Business). I installed the software for the Palm Pilot and now it prompts with a dialog box for the user to chose the following when they reply, forward or reply to all on an e-mail message. A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for (if you check the box) it gives 1, 2, 5 and 10 minutes. If you say no it lets you reply, forward, and reply to all. This is a nuisance more than ...

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...

Migrating Exchange servers
We are in the process of migrating to a new exchange server. The issue we are having is transfering the user's outlook (xp, 2k) address book/contact list to the new server without manually having to log into everyone's computer and pointing their address books to the new server. Is there a way to do this authomatically server-side? You're moving the mailboxes, right? The user's "address book" is the Contacts folder in the mailbox. So, there's nothing extra to move. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)