Exchange server not using more than 1 GB of Ram

HELP!

Server:
Exchange 2003 Enterprise (pre SP1)
Windows 2003 Enterprise Server
Dell 2650
  > 4GBs Ram
  > 2x2.8GHz procs
  > Hyperthreaded to 4
  > Hardware Raid
  > 5 72 GB hard drives:2-mirror(boot,system,logs),3-Raid5
(stores)

Here is my boot.ini file (pardon the word wrapping):
[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows
Server 2003, Enterprise" /fastdetect /3GB /USERVA=3030

This box has plenty of RAM and Exchange will not take
more than 1 GB.  After system processes, there nearly 2
GBs sitting unused.  I think my Boot.ini file is formated
correctly; is it?  Our users have noticed some slowness
recently, some can't even get in.  In PerfMon, the Avg.
Disk Queue Length is always greater than zero for the
drive that the stores sit on.

I'm thinking that if we can teach this box to use more
ram we'd be in good shape.

Thanks!
  -Ryan
0
anonymous (74722)

Have you taken a look at the "Troubleshooting Exchange 2003 Performance"
document?
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/e2k3perf.mspx

--Chris

====
Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
newsgroup purposes only.
====

"Ryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> HELP!
>
> Server:
> Exchange 2003 Enterprise (pre SP1)
> Windows 2003 Enterprise Server
> Dell 2650
>   > 4GBs Ram
>   > 2x2.8GHz procs
>   > Hyperthreaded to 4
>   > Hardware Raid
>   > 5 72 GB hard drives:2-mirror(boot,system,logs),3-Raid5
> (stores)
>
> Here is my boot.ini file (pardon the word wrapping):
> [boot loader]
> timeout=30
> [operating systems]
> multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows
> Server 2003, Enterprise" /fastdetect /3GB /USERVA=3030
>
> This box has plenty of RAM and Exchange will not take
> more than 1 GB.  After system processes, there nearly 2
> GBs sitting unused.  I think my Boot.ini file is formated
> correctly; is it?  Our users have noticed some slowness
> recently, some can't even get in.  In PerfMon, the Avg.
> Disk Queue Length is always greater than zero for the
> drive that the stores sit on.
>
> I'm thinking that if we can teach this box to use more
> ram we'd be in good shape.
>
> Thanks!
>   -Ryan

0
chrisahl (67)

Hey Microsoft! Exchange 2003 Question
Can an Exchange administrator modify the Level1 and Level2 attachment lists? I don't want my Outlook users to have to save a certain type of file to the disk first. If so how? Thanks This may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0be901c3db86$5e56e700$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can an Exchange administrator modify the Level1 and > Level2 attachment lists? > I don't want my Outlook users to ha...

Post Exchange SP2 install outgoing messages not being delivered
I have just finished installing SP1 for Windows 2003 Server and SP2 for Exchange 2003, since the install mail being sent to specific servers i.e aol.com, yahoo.com, and a few others is not flowing, it is being queued and not being delivered as before. I need to find a fix for this issue fast, Any and all help with this would be greatly appreciated. OS: Windows 2003 Server Standard w/ SP1 and all updates Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 Thanks in advance. That usually indicates that the server cannot resolve the target domains in DNS. I have seen similar problems caused by the virus scann...

Exchange 2003 SP2 and IE 7
Hi, Since installing IE 7 on the Exchange back-end server, I can't get access to any information in the public folders from Outlook clients. I can open the Public folders, but there is nothing showing in there... But if I add new stuff, the new item shows up in that PF. If I try the some public folder that are not replicated on this server, I can see the content... This is not a permission problem, since that has not changed, and has been verified... Any one knows what is going on ??? Thanks !!! ...

use of xsd.exe
VS2005. I'm running a stored procedure and am stuffing the output into a dataset. I want the dataset to be strongly-typed, but can't seem to get quite what I want out. Performing a "Fill" on a generic dataset, I can get the schema of the data being returned. A snippet appears below: <xs:element name="Table2"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="PRODUCT_GROUP" msprop:OraDbType="126" type="xs:string" minOccurs="0" /> <xs:element ...

Server backup
Hi, I have a question how to organize backup server for Greate Plains or Greate Plains Basic. I have 2 servers. There is GPB on server1. How to copy and synchronize data that I can easily switch from one server to another, if for example something happened with server1. I have 2 DNS connections on each workstation: GPB (on server1) and GPB Backup (on server2) I've tried to create replication (standard SQL Server feature) from server1 to server2, but have several problems: when something failed on server1 on trigger procedures, I can't recreate it, because replication has created additi...

mailboxes are getting larger on Exchange Server
Dear all, I ve a problem in my exchange server 2003. * The mailboxes are getting larger and although i m delvering the mails to PST files *Many mailboxes shows that they r above the limit "mailbox disabled" .... i m using a quata for the mailboxes. and by browsing the mailbox i dont c any thing in the mail box from the user's side ... the only solution is to expand the its quota then it returns to normale stauts very strange!! Note: I m taking backup every day "the normal backup size was 17 GB after that its 65 GB" *It only took one day to get to the 65...

Exchange 2000 and Unix
Hi, We have a Exchange server which is connected to the internet via which we send/receive e-mail to the external world. We have a couple of Unix boxes (Solaris) which we want setup to connect to the Exchange server for sending e-mails to the Internet. However everytime an e-mail is send we get an error about relaying. Due to security reasons the Exchange admin cannot setup relaying. Is there another way to set this up, say via Exchange connector ? Please let me know. Thanks, Subho The Exchange Admin "could" configure relaying so specific machines can relay messages via yo...

Using insert to paste a row--how done in Excel 2007
Hi, In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a row instead of what I have copied. I want it the old way! How do I do it? -- Thanks, PTweety R-click, Insert Copied Cells. pickytweety wrote: > Hi, > In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a > new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it > automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a r...

Saving Excel workbook in SQL server using c#
Could anyone please help me out as to how we can save the excel workbook in the database and read it back. I was able to convert the text files and image files into binary format and save them to the DB and finally able to retrive them back in the same format. But was unable to do same for the excel object. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, regards, jitender ...

Missing Information after server migration to Exch 2003
I'm consulting at a company and they asked me to look at two problems they're having. However I do not know much about Exchange. This all happened before I worked there. As it was explained to me, they had Exchange 2000 running on a server. They got a new server with Exchange 2003. Everything was moved over to the new server. The old server was 'shut down'. Actually, the server is still up (a DC) but Exchange was un-installed. Problem 1: They had delegates set up for their calendars. They're all gone. Nobody can access anybody else information. Is there a way other ...

Product list in CRM v.1.2
Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can i attach an excle sheet that contains my products instead of loging each product one by one as i have over 25,000 products to log? -- Regards, Marwa I'm afraid not. This is a major pain point for a lot of people and I do not kno of any 3rd party add-ons that have addressed it either. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "marwa" <marwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C062CF1E-EEF8-43B4-AC31-F299BF707252@microsoft.com... Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can ...

Server-side solution for disabling Outlook stationery
We're running an Exchange 2000 mail server, with users accessing their mailboxes via Outlook 2000 or 2002. We'd like to find a way to either disable e-mail stationery use from the server, or prevent outgoing mail from containing stationery, again from the server. Have tried a few ideas so far, with no success. Telling users to stop using stationery is an option we'd like to avoid (we're rather non-confrontational). We prefer to stop it from the back end. Any ideas? Jim Minardo Field Technician IC-2000 ...

Looking for someone who can integrate CRM with GP using SCRIBE Integration tool
Hi, Is anyone out there in Sydney area who would like to help us in doing integration between CRM 4 and GP 10 through SCRIBE integration tool for a fee? We are looking for someone who has already done integration between these two applications using SCRIBE. You will have to do bit of customisations in the SCRIBE standard templates. If anyone available, you can contact me through my email badri1203@gmail.com Badri ...

Want COM Server
Hi all from Spain, I usually create a coClass that is instantiated many times, every time you call "coCreateInstance" the aplication class and the coClass constructors are called, so a new object is being created. I wander if it's posible to create a "singleton" COM Object, so that the object is not created every time y call for the interface...the reason is that I need an object that maintain in memory some data only 1 time (because the amount of memory needed). do you know if that could be done? regards, Alberto. IrvingWashington wrote: > Hi all from Spain,...

Fax Server SBS2003 and CRM PRO 3.0
Hi I have 2 server 2003, one is a SBS2003 Standard with exchange and Fax service of Microsoft and one is Windows Server 2003 Standard with SQL 2005 and CRM 3.0. I have this problem ..... how i can send the Fax from the SBS2003 in the CRM 3.0? there is a router for the fax at the same of router for enchange? Thanks ...

Help with
I am currently in the process of migrating exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 on new hardware. I have transfered the RUS role, offline address book role and replicated the public folders ect. and now am beginning to move maiboxes. I noticed 3 very repetive errors in the application event log however. I was wondering if someone could tell me whether these messages are somthing I should be concerned with. See them below. So far I have no user complaints about outlook. Thanks. Event ID: 9320 Source MSExchangeSA Type Warning Description OALGen could not generate full details for some en...

Disabling Unicode Messaging
Apparently Exchange 2003 uses Unicode Messaging which previous versions of Exch did not. Now that we have migrated all of our users from Exch 2000 to 2003 their OST files will not work. We have no need for Unicode messaging so rather than rebuilding all of our User's Outlook Profile we would rather simply "disable" Unicode Messaging on the Exch Server. Does anyone have any idea how to do that? Can it be done once the server is in use and has 150+ mailboxes on it Thanks for any input Michael ...

Migration from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003
Hi all My Scenario Two Windows 2000 SP4 Servers with Exchange 2000. It`s an active/active cluster with two exchange instances. I must migrate just one instance to a new cluster with Windows 2003 Sp1 with Exchange 2003 I must keep the four servers ( two win2k exch 2000 clustered , and two win2k3 with exch2003 clustered) Anyone Could Help Me? Thanks a lot This might get you started: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Migrating-Exchange2000-Exchange-2003-Hardware.html As a general rule MS do not recommend Active Active clusters for Exchange. You may want to reconsider keeping the exist...

Exchange 5.5 message.txt
Hi, I have problem. I got email with error message: This message uses a character set that is not supported by the Internet Service. To view the original message content, open the attached message. If the text doesn't display correctly, save the attachment to disk, and then open it using a viewer that can display the original character set. <<message.txt>> Anyone knows the solution? ...

VC 7.1: Preview DC
With Visual C++ MFC 7.1 when doing a print preview the Attribute HDC and the Output HDC of the CDC differ. Whenever a pen, brush or font is selected into this CDC via SelectObject an assert is triggered as the two HDC's do not match. This was never a problem using Visual C++ MFC 6.0. Is there any way to get around this or am I missing something blindlingly obvious ? Thanks, Brett Hi Brett, For the conveniece to investigate this issue, would you please give us some code snippet to illustrate this problem? Thanks for your understanding! Best regards, Gary Chang Microsoft Online...

Using A CTabView
Hi, I need to implement a tab control which contains a number of custom controls on each tab page. For example my custom control has a number of LED type static controls and a list control. Its quite small, 200x200. I need a number of them in a tab page. They need to aligned underneath each other with a static label above each giving a description of each one. I also need to be able to scroll down if I have too many to fit into one page. Has anyone done something similar or can suggest where to look?? Cheers ...

PLEASE explain xmlDocument on server, but the html transform on client???
If someone could just explain this to me...I just don't get it! I have an aspx page where I retrieve several session variables and use xmlDocument to transform xml file with xsl file into an instruction document (not data based) - same as using an xml web control. The resulting html is on the client? but what about the server side of things? Trying to figure out how to change and save the xmlDocument. It I put a button OUTSIDE of the html transform but inside the aspx page, could I change and save the xmlDoc that way? Sorry to be so dense about this...PLEASE help me out with explanation...

HOW USE 2 LANGUAGES IN AX. ???????????
Hello I have problem and I need Help: 1. Axapta using English Language in all system 2. I need write something in Russian Language. When I use Russian Keyboard and I wriet somethings in Axapta fields is ok, but after this Russian words was change and I see only symbol likely this ??????? (query) 3. In MS SQL database in the fields I see words likely this symbol ??????? (query) Please send my all information how I can write something in different Languages in this same Axapta - I need write simultaneously in 2 Languages. Please send answer on ma email: search1234@wp.pl Thank...

Exchange SP2 Regstry Edit
Does anyone know what registry key to edit to increase the database from 18GB to 75GB I have downloaded and installed the prerelease version of sp2? On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 11:28:57 -0700, Jamesh512 <Jamesh512@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know what registry key to edit to increase the database from 18GB >to 75GB I have downloaded and installed the prerelease version of sp2? I hope this isnt on a production machine. Im not even sure if the store increase is avail yet since this is only the CTP. (Not sure why this reply isn't showing up in the ng :) Search ...

Missing lines in chart w/x-axis with months 1-24...
First post from a "casual" Excel user (more familiar with SigmaPlot)... Client wants a line chart with x-axis linear (baeline to 36 months) but there are only data for 2 baseline conditions and certain months: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 M24 M36 The Y axis (# of pellets) is nothing special. I entered blank rows, corresponding to the missing months, into the datasheet, like so: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 (etc.) This "method" plots the data points okay, but there are 2 problems: (a) there are no lines connecting them, and (b) the x-axis labels are lousy I work...