Exchange server chages email addresse

I have a couple of users and when they send an email to another user exchange
for some reason changes the email addresse when sending or when composing it
changes the email addresse. We are using Outlook 2003. It seems like exchange
is controlling the email addresse . Has anyone else had this problem ? It is
like i put in the TO: field in Outlook  Thomas.Smith57@atc.army.mil. But when
i  input a message in the message text in outlook or click send it changes my
addresse to Thomas.Smith57@us.army.mil.
0
Jazzy (24)

You don't say whether the "new" address is correct or not. Have you checked
the nicknames (.nk2) file or the local contact?

Nue
"jazzy" <jazzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a couple of users and when they send an email to another user
>exchange
> for some reason changes the email addresse when sending or when composing
> it
> changes the email addresse. We are using Outlook 2003. It seems like
> exchange
> is controlling the email addresse . Has anyone else had this problem ? It
> is
> like i put in the TO: field in Outlook  Thomas.Smith57@atc.army.mil. But
> when
> i  input a message in the message text in outlook or click send it changes
> my
> addresse to Thomas.Smith57@us.army.mil.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
2/27/2006 2:03:26 PM
The new addresse is another addresse seperate from his regular exchange
account. For some reason it keeps switiching to Thomas.Smith@us.army.mil ,
instead of staying at Thomas.Smith57@atc.army.mil. I have checked in the
contact fields.

"Nuevo" wrote:

> You don't say whether the "new" address is correct or not. Have you checked
> the nicknames (.nk2) file or the local contact?
>
> Nue
> "jazzy" <jazzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a couple of users and when they send an email to another user
> >exchange
> > for some reason changes the email addresse when sending or when composing
> > it
> > changes the email addresse. We are using Outlook 2003. It seems like
> > exchange
> > is controlling the email addresse . Has anyone else had this problem ? It
> > is
> > like i put in the TO: field in Outlook  Thomas.Smith57@atc.army.mil. But
> > when
> > i  input a message in the message text in outlook or click send it changes
> > my
> > addresse to Thomas.Smith57@us.army.mil.

0
Jazzy (24)
2/27/2006 3:22:29 PM
Bizarre. As I suggested try removing the nicknames file from the client. It
will rebuild overtime and the user might whine but its worth a try.

> The new addresse is another addresse seperate from his regular exchange
> account. For some reason it keeps switiching to Thomas.Smith@us.army.mil ,
> instead of staying at Thomas.Smith57@atc.army.mil. I have checked in the
> contact fields.
>
> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> You don't say whether the "new" address is correct or not. Have you
>> checked
>> the nicknames (.nk2) file or the local contact?
>>
>> Nue
>> "jazzy" <jazzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a couple of users and when they send an email to another user
>> >exchange
>> > for some reason changes the email addresse when sending or when
>> > composing
>> > it
>> > changes the email addresse. We are using Outlook 2003. It seems like
>> > exchange
>> > is controlling the email addresse . Has anyone else had this problem ?
>> > It
>> > is
>> > like i put in the TO: field in Outlook  Thomas.Smith57@atc.army.mil.
>> > But
>> > when
>> > i  input a message in the message text in outlook or click send it
>> > changes
>> > my
>> > addresse to Thomas.Smith57@us.army.mil.

0
imaneophyte (3004)

Shortcut for Outlook email?
Hi, I had Outlook 2000, but the CIS guys put Outlook 2003 on my system. Anyway, I use a shortcut toolbar to quickly access a lot of things. There used to be a shortcut icon for new email/message which I could open and send an email no matter in which folder I was in (i.e., I could send an email while I was in excel without having to go to outlook). I can't seem to find a way to put the shortcut email icon on the bar again. Please advise. Thanks, Lisa http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/customizetoolbar.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of th...

setup email acct.
I setup an account in outlook and when it does it check it tells me it could not send and to check my email address which is the right one. Can someone help me? It's probably saying that your server addresses are not correct, not your email. Look at your ISP's web page or call them for the correct settings for the incoming & outgoing mail server settings. One little typo or misplaced space will cause errors. Same goes for your email address--check it for typos. >-----Original Message----- >I setup an account in outlook and when it does it check >it tells me it co...

Exchange Queues #2
Hi In Exchange SMTP Queues, I see that we have some messages that have been there for a couple of days. How do I find out what the problem is. I can click on the messages, and see some information, but I cannot see the subject line which means I cannot sort them out. Also is it possible to delete these if I can figure out why they are there? Thanks Alex The first thing to look at is which queue are they in? Outbound? Local delivery? You should be able to right-click on each one and delete, either with or without NDR's.... "Alex H" <aph@no-misnet-spam-co-uk&...

Exchange 5.5 and Spam
We use Exchange 5.5 and two days ago someone was able to find a user id/password on our machine and was sending us thousands of outbound messages that were spam. Now my boss has finally decided to spend some money on an anti-spam solution. I checked google but most of the solutions I found were not for Exchange 5.5. Any suggestions??? Spam Marshall (http://www.spammarshall.com). They have a free and a paid version, both work with Exchange 5.5 Ghareeb Rahi wrote: > We use Exchange 5.5 and two days ago someone was able to find a user > id/password on our machine and was sending us t...

unable to send email 07-28-10
How do I find my server to set up email? If you mean for your Yahoo account, it has to be the Plus account in order to access their POP3 servers. For the Yahoo Plus account, see... http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html;_ylt=Ass_US_H03SPhjBZ6x3TLkutKSd4 Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://download.live.com/wlmail "Joann A. Sommers" wrote in message news:#ONqHzpLLHA.6100@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... How do I find my server to set up email? ...

email using RTF
Hi all When I email a report using the RTF option the report is missing the check boxes that appear on the report What can be done? Thank you, Samuel Check boxes are graphic elements and are not available using RTF, but you should be able to use a font that displays a checkbox, or not depending upon the value in the underlying field. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Samuel" <samuel.shulman@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:e8jYrP5%23HHA.1188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > When I ...

Delete / Remove last Exchange 5.5 Server
We are trying to move from a mixed environment with a single 5.5 and 2003 exchange server. When we follow the MS article to remove LAST EXCHANGE 5.5 server it fails telling us that "the object was not found in the directory. This may be because replication not completed. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: c1010aae". Anyone seen this? Is this a sign of problems in the exchange 5.5 mailboxes or public folders? We have moved [or think we have] all of the mailboxes and public folders to the Exchange 2003 server sucsessfully. We need to do this ASAP. Thanks! John Peter Trubilla S...

"select" external e-mails disappear after exchange SMTP detected them...
hi, help! i've been working on this problem for several days, just started exch admin :) we have 20+ users, whom i have here split, for explanation purposes: 1- pre-existing ( 30 days or older a/c's) and 2- new-users (under 30-days old a/c's): our situation is: 1- all pre-existing users get and send internal emails, no problems 2- all pre-existing users get and send external emails, no problems 3- all new-users get and send internal emails, no problems 4- all new-users send external emails, no problems 5- all new-users CANNOT get external emails, i've been trying to fix ...

Email auto-forwarding doesn't work
Hi, My company have two domain: abc.com and xyz.com. There are no direct connection between these two domains. That means email must go thru' internet. Recently, we want to auto-forward email@abc.com to email@xyz.com. But here come the problem. It's fine for sender outside xyz.com but any email from xyz.com cannot be forwarded back to xyz.com. The sender will receive a NDR. Is it possible to solve it? Many Thanks Raymond Chan On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:59:08 -0800, "Raymond" <Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >My company have two domain: abc...

"unable to opne your default e mail address"
I am gettting message saying "unable to open your default e mail address" whenever I try to open out look. How to get rid of this? Might try going thru the Mail applet in the control panel to remove/add/edit your e-mail account settings. "Soumitra" <Soumitra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB10E0BA-0557-4527-87FD-4CE7CA267739@microsoft.com... I am gettting message saying "unable to open your default e mail address" whenever I try to open out look. How to get rid of this? "Soumitra" <Soumitra@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Backup server
Hi, I have a question how to organize backup server for Greate Plains or Greate Plains Basic. I have 2 servers. There is GPB on server1. How to copy and synchronize data that I can easily switch from one server to another, if for example something happened with server1. I have 2 DNS connections on each workstation: GPB (on server1) and GPB Backup (on server2) I've tried to create replication (standard SQL Server feature) from server1 to server2, but have several problems: when something failed on server1 on trigger procedures, I can't recreate it, because replication has created additi...

Exchange 2003 Page File
I am trying to find the best practices for setting up page files on Exchange 2003. I have read things like memory x 1.5 or memory x 2 or even higher. I have read about putting the pagefiles in multiple directories on the same physical drive (there is a technet article on this) - but nothing that pulls it all together. Like a mailbox server with 4 gB ram. Mirrored C: (OS) Mirrored D: (logs) RAID E: (data) - where would I put the page fiels, and how many woudl I create? Do we ever let the system manage the page file? Would the same thing happen on a bridgehead or public folder server? Ho...

problem recieveing email with outlook 2k
Problem with local outlook 2k setup is : no inhouse server... outlook is setup as an acount and not "corperate"useing services.. i did run a scanpst on the pst file it uses and no problems found. Company email hosted on a outside POP server of which they have 5 accounts. In house they have 5 machines each useing outlook 2000. only 1 of these machines are affected in this manor. IF anyone of the other 4 or anyone outside sends (who we shall call) BOB an email where they put any person as the TO and BOB as the CC.. when BOB checks his email outlook 2k changes the TO and the CC t...

Sound on recieveing emails
Hi Outlook 2000 SR1 Is there a way to get only certain emails to produce a sound when they arrive? I've set up a rule to divert certain spam to a temp folder and don't want to be informed when this happens. Thanks in advance Dave F. ...

old email now Word template for all new e-mails?
I use Outlook 2000 and recently began getting an old e- mail at the beginning of every new e-mail I start and also every time I click 'reply'. I've looked at the normal.dot template in Word -- it appears to be blank. Where is this old e-mail living that it pastes itself on all new emails and replys? Many thanks, Paulette See if you can find an email.dot file -- I think that's what WordMail in Office 2000 used for mail messages, rather than normal.dot. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only...

Change Default send address
Hi, I am having user@test.com configure in my outlook at the same time, i am receiving message to group@test.com. How do i configure my default sent address to group@test.com instead of user@test.com. This is to ensure that any mail exhanges are shared with the users in the group address. Thanks in advance Regards, MWGP To configure your default email account go to Tools/Email accounts/change and then set default. Neil "MWGP" <gpwong@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ecJPvF4nGHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am having user@test.com configure i...

How do I stop users from accessing the global address list??
I want to run a hosted Exchange 2003 server and I don't want users that I've added to the Active Directory to be able to get at the global address list and see everyone elses information (like name, address, phone numbers etc). I just want Administrators to be able to access it. How do I do that? Modify the permission of the Global Address List by right-clicking it in ESM, selecting Properties, then go to the Security tab. "Sterling" <Sterling_Jacobson@RemoveMeHotmail.com> wrote in message news:uVRRoYvfEHA.3964@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I want to run a hosted Ex...

How to backup exchange data folder ?
I want to keep a good backup of my exchange 2003. I am looking for some instructions that stops the services, copy exchange public and private folder and other required data files and restart the services. Can I create something like that in a batch file and get the back every now and then ? I would really appreciate if someone please send me some instructions. A good backup? The best thing to do is backup the system state, etc, plus the actual Exchange information stores via an online Exchange 'aware' backup (either Windows Backup on the actual Exchange server itself or so...

Maximum email in outbox
Hi If I automate sending email through code, how many emails can the outbox take? Will it crash or something when I send about 5000 emails. Currently what I am doing is setting up distribution lists and sending them manually. Thanks in advance Richard Richard <richardbee@hotmail.com> wrote: > If I automate sending email through code, how many emails can the > outbox take? Will it crash or something when I send about 5000 emails. Highly unlikely. -- Brian Tillman ...

Add-on to Outlook on Exchange for *Client-side* automated forwards/redirects?
My company uses Outlook 2003 to connect to Exchange 2003. I wanted to setup rules to automatically forward/redirect my emails to an external email account so I can get emails on my phone. But the exchange servers are not configured to allow automatic forwards/redirects and it is not a setting they will change. Nor will they support modifying my mailbox to also deliver my emails to an external address. I am fine leaving my Outlook client running 24x7 to run rules, but all automated forward/redirect rules are forced to run as server-side and thus they don't get forwarded. Is there a way to ...

create distribution list from group of addresses given in word an.
how may I create distribution list from group of addresses given in word and excel format without retyping each individual name, address, tel#, etc? Thank you. Try the method here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041105.htm BTW, DLs only use email addresses. if you want to create contacts with the phone #, import the list to outlook using file, import then create a dl using those contacts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (V...

email attachments #17
When I decorate my email with graphics and rich text it all goes out as attachments, I'm sure its a simple problem but what do I do to change it back to fully display on the same page? can someone advise? cheers. Send in plain text or HTML - only Outlook can read Rich Text, and there's no guarantee that the formatting will be maintained perfectly when sending to another Outlook user over the Internet. Of course, plain text won't give you any graphics - but HTML will, although I have to say keeping mail simple is the best course of action. E-mail is really designed for text. ca...

can the administrator of the exchange server view all the emails?
XADM: How to Get Service Account Access to All Mailboxes in Exchange 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262054 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "creative" <creativebyte@hotmail.com> ���g��l��s�D :eTyns4K6EHA.796@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > what if the emails is encrypted? "Jammyù�ٴ�" <jammylo@ms4.hinet.net.NOSPAM> д���ʼ� news:%23h4nU%23L6EHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > XADM: How to Get Service Account Access to All Mailboxes in Exchange 2000 > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262054 > > -- &g...

Central EMail Signatures
Hi! Is there any way to define central EMail Signatures with Outlook and Exchange Server 2000 / 2003. What I want to do is generate a common corporate signature with details from the user who sends the email (name, telphone#, etc.) Is it possible? I didn't find a way... kr, Reinhard Reinhard Brandstaedter <reinhard.brandstaedter@ams-engineering.com> wrote in news:caosik$1jrt$1@ulysses.news.tiscali.de: > Is there any way to define central EMail Signatures with Outlook and > Exchange Server 2000 / 2003. > What I want to do is generate a common corporate signature with ...

In Queue
I am concerned that either we are being used as a relay(which I thought I disabled), or that someone internally has a virus (although all scans come up clean.) Running Small Business Server 2003, when I open the Exchange System Manager, the queues I see messages waiting for certain domains, from an address postmaster@mydomain.org which does not exist. The messages are in the queue because they are "unable to bind the destination server in DNS", and they aren't domains to which anyone in my organization would be sending. I had thought I checked to ensure relaying was not allowe...