Exchange Server C Drive No free space

Hi All,

Need some advise.
The Exchange Server during certain times C Drive will not have free space. I
have check that during that period there is a temp file which will increase
in size and takes up all the disk space in C. The file will not have any
extension (the file name ex. T232C or R408).
When this happened, the Exchange MTA service will stop, users will not able
to send email.
I have rum Spyware scan, Virus Scan, Online Virus scan, all seems to be
cleaned).
Anyone experience this before?

Thanks in Advance for the help.

--
Danny Chieng
Technical Engineer

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 01:14:01 -0700, Danny Chieng <dannycys@delteq.biz>
wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Need some advise.
>The Exchange Server during certain times C Drive will not have free space. I
>have check that during that period there is a temp file which will increase
>in size and takes up all the disk space in C. The file will not have any
>extension (the file name ex. T232C or R408).
>When this happened, the Exchange MTA service will stop, users will not able
>to send email.
>I have rum Spyware scan, Virus Scan, Online Virus scan, all seems to be
>cleaned).
>Anyone experience this before?
>
>Thanks in Advance for the help.

There isn't an Exchange related file that is simply T232C and lacking
in any extension. Where exactly is the file and are you sure it hasn't
an extension? If it's a known file type it will not actually show and
you need to change the options to show the extension if you want to
see them.

0
mark7219 (5666)
7/26/2006 8:41:17 AM
Hi Mark,

Ya, there isn't any extensions to it. I have already disable the hide
extensions options and show all files.
The file is created int he C Drive.
After sometimes, it will disappear by itself and everything will be back to
normal.

--
Danny Chieng
Technical Engineer

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 01:14:01 -0700, Danny Chieng <dannycys@delteq.biz>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi All,
> >
> >Need some advise.
> >The Exchange Server during certain times C Drive will not have free space. I
> >have check that during that period there is a temp file which will increase
> >in size and takes up all the disk space in C. The file will not have any
> >extension (the file name ex. T232C or R408).
> >When this happened, the Exchange MTA service will stop, users will not able
> >to send email.
> >I have rum Spyware scan, Virus Scan, Online Virus scan, all seems to be
> >cleaned).
> >Anyone experience this before?
> >
> >Thanks in Advance for the help.
>
> There isn't an Exchange related file that is simply T232C and lacking
> in any extension. Where exactly is the file and are you sure it hasn't
> an extension? If it's a known file type it will not actually show and
> you need to change the options to show the extension if you want to
> see them.

0
dannycys (3)
7/26/2006 9:01:01 AM
But where is it? Root of the C or somewhere else on the drive?

0
mark7219 (5666)
7/26/2006 9:40:16 AM
Ya. Root of C.

--
Danny Chieng
Technical Engineer

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> But where is it? Root of the C or somewhere else on the drive?

0
dannycys (3)
7/26/2006 10:18:01 AM
Sound like you need to track down the app creating the temp file. What other
software is installed on the server? Can you free up space by moving your
swap file (if on C) to another drive?

"Danny Chieng" <dannycys@delteq.biz> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Need some advise.
> The Exchange Server during certain times C Drive will not have free space.
> have check that during that period there is a temp file which will
> increase
> in size and takes up all the disk space in C. The file will not have any
> extension (the file name ex. T232C or R408).
> When this happened, the Exchange MTA service will stop, users will not
> able
> to send email.
> I have rum Spyware scan, Virus Scan, Online Virus scan, all seems to be
> cleaned).
> Anyone experience this before?
>
> Thanks in Advance for the help.
>
> --
> Danny Chieng
> Technical Engineer

0
exchange.mvp (559)
7/26/2006 11:56:57 AM
Danny Chieng wrote:
> Ya. Root of C.

Try using filemon (www.sysinternals.com) to find what is creating it.
It's not a virus, is it?
0
news962 (9)
7/26/2006 1:09:52 PM
I am also struggling with my system disk on our Exchange 2000 server.  What
kind of files can be deleted or backed up and removed from the C: drive on an
Exchange server?

Thanks / Dan

"Andrew Sword [MVP]" wrote:

> Sound like you need to track down the app creating the temp file. What other
> software is installed on the server? Can you free up space by moving your
> swap file (if on C) to another drive?
>

> "Danny Chieng" <dannycys@delteq.biz> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Need some advise.
> > The Exchange Server during certain times C Drive will not have free space.
> > have check that during that period there is a temp file which will
> > increase
> > in size and takes up all the disk space in C. The file will not have any
> > extension (the file name ex. T232C or R408).
> > When this happened, the Exchange MTA service will stop, users will not
> > able
> > to send email.
> > I have rum Spyware scan, Virus Scan, Online Virus scan, all seems to be
> > cleaned).
> > Anyone experience this before?
> >
> > Thanks in Advance for the help.
> >
> > --
> > Danny Chieng
> > Technical Engineer

0
dr_dan88 (1)

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

Relay from unstruted server

Relay Servers?

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Microsoft Exchange Server

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Visual C++ 2005 always rebuilds
I have an MFC DLL project that I recently moved over to Visual Studio 2005. However now the project always rebuilds entirely whenever I start debugging. Even if I have only made a simple change to one file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Colin Check the date on your source files to make sure that they are not in the future. AliR. "Colin J Paterson" <nospam@thanks.com> wrote in message news:ObtLxgTbGHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > I have an MFC DLL project that I recently moved over to Visual Studio 2005. > However now the project always rebuild...

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

find instance of IE for server socket in activex component
Hi I have an activex component that has a server socket (using casyncsocket class) ..The problem is that when I have multiple instances of the IE open only the first instance (created first) recieves the messages the rest do not recieve the message. Is there a way to solve this problem .(i want the server send the reply to that instance of ie that sent the message) .Do I need to pass something like a pointer of hte javascript object .If so how Thanks When you say "server socket", that suggests a socket that does a Listen followed by an Accept. Otherwise it is a client socke...

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...