Exchange Server 2003 - not able to send emails to few domains

We have the following problem with our Exchange server 2003 (Microsoft ESMTP
MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.1830):

To a few domains we are not able to send a mail and we receive a NDR 4.4.7
from our exchange server.

The strange thing is that SMTPDIAG does not succeed whereas telnet (also
from the exchange server) to the non working domains works. Please see the
following:

Smtpdiag results:

Connecting to mxcd03.gs.com [12.47.209.186] on port 25.

220-mxcd03.gs.com ESMTP

220 ESMTP Server (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service 5.5.2657.72)
ready

ehlo pvm.at

Error: Expected "250". Server rejected the sender address.

Failed to submit mail to mxcd03.gs.com.

Telnet results:

220-mxcd03.gs.com ESMTP

220 ESMTP Server (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service 5.5.2657.72)
ready

ehlo pvm.at

250-mxcd03.gs.com

250-8BITMIME

250-SIZE 11534336

and so on ..

What could be the problem? How to proceed?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards

Phillip

PS: All other mails (in and out going) work fine!

Do you have a valid PTR record?  Are you blacklisted?  Either of those could
explain why your correspondents' antispam systems might reject you.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Philipp Gufler" <Philipp_Gufler@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> We have the following problem with our Exchange server 2003 (Microsoft
> ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.1830):
>
> To a few domains we are not able to send a mail and we receive a NDR 4.4.7
> from our exchange server.
>
> The strange thing is that SMTPDIAG does not succeed whereas telnet (also
> from the exchange server) to the non working domains works. Please see the
> following:
>
> Smtpdiag results:
>
> Connecting to mxcd03.gs.com [12.47.209.186] on port 25.

> 220-mxcd03.gs.com ESMTP
>
> 220 ESMTP Server (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service 5.5.2657.72)
> ready

> ehlo pvm.at
>
> Error: Expected "250". Server rejected the sender address.
>
> Failed to submit mail to mxcd03.gs.com.
>
> Telnet results:
>
> 220-mxcd03.gs.com ESMTP
>
> 220 ESMTP Server (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service 5.5.2657.72)
> ready
>
> ehlo pvm.at
>
> 250-mxcd03.gs.com
>
> 250-8BITMIME
>
> 250-SIZE 11534336
>
> and so on ..
>
> What could be the problem? How to proceed?
>
> Many thanks in advance!
>
> Best regards
>
> Phillip
>
> PS: All other mails (in and out going) work fine!

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Public Folder server
Hi, I have 2 different servers as follows : Server1 = Mailbox server Server2 = Public Folder server (only has one PF store) My query: What should be the value for HomeMDB attribute when i click on ADSI edit and navigate till ...>Server Name > System Attendant's properties on Server2? Right now the value for HomeMDB of System Attendent on Server2 is showing "Not Set". Should it be pointing to Server1? Pls guide. thanks Are you having problems with the way it's configured? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"...

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"