Exchange Server 2003: Can I set a public folder or information store up on different server?

Hi

I was wondering if it is possible to set up a second information store
for public folders onto a separate server. The primary information
store would reside on server 1 with its private and public edb file but
i would like a second public accessible edb file set up on a second
server distinct from the exchange server.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Marco

You mean a Public Folder server? Yes, you can. If your PF
traffic/performance requirements justify it, as they do in some
organizations, you can setup a setup a separate server and host Public
Folders on it.
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Marco" <marco.forte@doran.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to set up a second information store
> for public folders onto a separate server. The primary information
> store would reside on server 1 with its private and public edb file but
> i would like a second public accessible edb file set up on a second
> server distinct from the exchange server.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Marco

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
11/1/2006 11:41:54 PM
Yes

Planning for Public Folder Management
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Guides/PlanE2k3MsgSys/27763307-9c8a-40a6-9ac2-bd15bbcac5ad.mspx?mfr=true

James Chong

Marco wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to set up a second information store
> for public folders onto a separate server. The primary information
> store would reside on server 1 with its private and public edb file but
> i would like a second public accessible edb file set up on a second
> server distinct from the exchange server.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Marco

0
jamestechman (1266)

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

removing replicated table information from MS Office Access 2003
I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. If I import the file without any replicated information (ie. s_ColLineage, etc) how would this affect the database? Is it safe to do this? Would I be better off just making the tables not replicable? Thanks On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 03:33:07 -0800, DukeJon <DukeJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Assuming your Access database does not need replicating, yes, it is safe to omit those fields during import. -Tom. >I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. >If I import the f...

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

Tell the difference between upper and lower case
I have a column that has letters in it and I am using =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell and =COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. to keep track of what letters are put in the "D" column. But the both count the upper AND lowercase letters. Is there any way to mak excel tell the difference between upper and lowercase letters? Thanks Ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com RogerDaShrubber wrote... ... >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"M") in one cell > >and > >=COUNTIF(D13:D27,"m") in another. > >to keep track of what lette...

Exchange update problem

Public holiday in shared folders
Hello, We use Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003. Each people has its own calendar, and is is possible to insert automatiquely the public holiday. Now, I am trying to do the same for the shared calendars, but is doesn't work. In fact, even if we select the public folders, Outlook try to insert them again in the user's calendar Any idea ? Best regards, Oliver Best bet would be to copy them from another person's calendar since you can't directly add them from within Outlook "Support" <support@rdfdfd.com> wrote in message news:mn.936a7d61f268d624.48077@r...

Hello all, I have a rather simple to describe but difficult to solve problem. Our customers want to use our ANSI MFC program to show different languages. For example Polish. When I set the font for the different controls they behave different. For example the CEdit shows the polish characters just right but the CButton with checkbox style shows glyphs instead of the special characters. Every control that is owner draw and uses for example the DrawText() function of the device context shows the characters right. I've experimented with _UNICODE for the display part and everything I could ...

Set request parameters for web services

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003

Percentage difference
Hi guys, Not exactly great at formulas, so any help would be appreciated. Excel 2207 In cell k2 and below are buying prices. In cell j2 and below are selling prices. I just need to know the 'mark-up' percentage. Also, would be a great advantage for the formula to work the other way around....showing 'loss' as well !!!!!!!!!!!! Have tried: =2*ABS(J2-K2) / (J2 + K2) and =(J2-K2)/J2 and several other variations, but to no avail. Not sure whether I am needing 'relative' or 'absolute' either!! Thanks in advance Bob Hi Bob, Am Sun, 30 Oct 2011 1...

can't customize toolbar

sharing of folders

Addressing within Exchange 2003