Exchange Server 2000 on Standalone PC

Hi,

I want to do some R&D with SQLMail, which needs Exchange Server.  Can
I install Exchange Server 2000 on a Standalone PC.

My Standalone PC don't have a Network card.

Thanks in advance,
kamlesh

Exchange 2000 requires an Active Directory domain.

--
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted

"Kamlesh" <kamlesh2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to do some R&D with SQLMail, which needs Exchange Server.  Can
> I install Exchange Server 2000 on a Standalone PC.
>
> My Standalone PC don't have a Network card.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> kamlesh

Outlook 2000 #87
My version of Outlook 2000 will not remember any account passwords for email accounts. I have tried clicking the remember password tick box a number of times and still it just forgets. If a send/receive it will ask for the password and if i ask it to remember it does only while outlook is kept open. If i close it i have to go through the process all over again. Please help. ...

Moving Exchange 2003 to another Exchange 2003 box
I currently have an Exchange 2003 install that houses maybe 20 mailboxes. I want to move them to a new server that also has an Exchange 2003 install. I will be bringing the new server online with a different name and IP address but they will both be apart of the same domain. If I want to move the mailboxes from my orginal Exchange box to a new server, do I just need to move the mailboxes from within the ESM, then allow the users to login (so that their Outlook is updated automatically) then disable the exchange services from the original server? The only step left will be to update t...

Exchange 2000 Recovery Server
Hello, We need to create a recovery server for Exchange 2000. The production Exchange server is a member server. I know that we need to create another Win 2K AD, to limit the amount of hardware used can this recovery server also be installed on the domain controller or will they need to be on seperate servers to match the production enviornment? Thanks You can absolutely put you recovery server and DC all on the same server (just make sure it is in its own AD forest and own Exchange org). "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DE2E823-62FC-440C...

Change SMTP Server name in Message-ID
Dear all, I just have migrated Exchange Server 2003 from Exchange Server 5.5 for customer. Then customer ask me to change Exchange Server SMTP name (because cannot change NETBIOS name without re-installed.) So, I change through Exchange System Manager > SMTP Virtual Server > Delivery Tab > Advance > FQDN name from "thoresex1.thoresen.com" to "mail.thoresen.com" It seem OK except "message-ID" still appear like; "Message-ID: <2130B2528CD4B4408AEF7B50583E58800F8560@thoresex1.thoresen ...com>" Please see all message headers below:...

Exchange 2000 Public Folders NOT Replicating to Exchnge 2003
I have seen many others experiencing this same problem and no one seems to have a solution. Basically, like everyone else, I placed a new Ex 2003 server into a native Ex 2000 environment. I want to replicate the public folders from 2000 to 2003 and decommission 2000. However, no matter what I try, the folders refuse to replicate. Turning up diagnostic logging doesn't reveal anything helpful; I have it set to max logging for all. When you check the folders, they say in-sync. I've looked at Q812294, Q316760, Q286356 all the others and tried everything I have been able to find. I&#...

Encoding of Mails sent through CRM Server
Hi all, we're experiencing three problems concerning Microsoft CRM Server 1.2 German: (1) While sending mails the CRM Server violates that the length of a single unterminated line can be 1000 bytes as stated in RFC 788 (see 4.5.3 size of text line). Some firewalls, e.g. Watchguard in default configuration, denies incoming mails (and outgoing also), logging the event "client send oversized line - terminating session". (Watchguard can manually be configured to allow more than 1000 bytes.) Thus, mails to some recipients may never be deliverable as the sender using ...

Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2003 issue
I am running Exchange Server 2000 for internal email and my web hosting company provides my POP3 for external. If I try to send to both any internal and external address at the same time I get a delivery failure on one of them. Everything worked great until we added this new pc with Outlook 2003. I am also getting this error on the server Application Log 2 errors every 5 min. " Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO The file must be present at the location <>.(). Group Policy processing aborted." I do not know if this is related or not. Please help. ...

Exchange Server Not Available Issue
I have been having trouble recently with Outlook 2002 running on XP Home Edition. Until last weeks blackout in NYC, I was able to connect to my exchange server for my email. Since then, every time I try to connect, I get the message "Your Microsoft Exchange Servier is Not Available". However, if I connect to the exchange server through the internet via the IP address, the server is online and I can get to my mail. Nothing has changed on my machine and the group that supports my exchange server says everything looks ok from there. Others are able to connect to the serve...

Using Excel 2000. All of a sudden none of my formulas wiil work.
i have tried to get help in excel help and it says more information is available on the web, I can't find it. I ran disk cleanup and disk defrag over the weekend. I am running a new computer and transferred my MS Office 2000 to it about 4 months ago and has been working fine until this week. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Tammy thch91 All of a sudden none of my formulas wiil work. Thanks Tammy "Tammy_91" wrote: > i have tried to get help in excel help and it says more information is > available on the web, I can't find it. I ran...

Exchange Receipient Service
We have recently renamed our domain controller's computer name and when I checked the "Receipient Update Service" setting in the Exchange system manager, it is still showing the old domain controller name. Will there be any impact because of this? Can someone clarify pls? Thanks, SV "SV" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have recently renamed our domain controller's computer >name and when I checked the "Receipient Update Service" >setting in the Exchange system manager, it is still >showing the old domain contro...

from Access to SQL server
I wonder who could help me with this. Is it possible to migrate an already programmed database in MS Access to SQL Server or this needs complete reprogramming? Thank you marcp Hi Marc, This depends largely on (a) your database and (b) whether you want to benefit from the increased performance that SQL server can deliver. With a simple database and no need to optimise performance, you may need to do little more than run the Upsizing Wizard. On the other hand, if you are moving to SQL Server in order to provide better support for large numbers of users, major revision is likely to be ne...

share outlook caledar oon the network without exchange
The only way to share a calendar with other users on a network without having Exchange is if the users have Outlook 98 or 2000. Then you could use Net Folders to share the calendar through e-mail. Here is a link to an article that explains Net Folders, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;258619. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message >From: "Paul Meyer" <...

Pocket PC Money #2
Does anyone know how to set the password in Money so it prompts you each time you open it, not merely when you have performed a soft reset??? On "Casper" <schaerf@vicnet.net.au> wrote: >Does anyone know how to set the password in Money so it >prompts you each time you open it, not merely when you >have performed a soft reset??? Set a password on the device? -------------------------------------------- To send me e-mail exorcise NO Spam from my e-mail address. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #...

Exchange / OWA for 3 domains (or more later on)
I am looking to use a stand alone box to host exchange server so that I might have OWA for 3 domains that I have. I want to provide OWA along with POP3 and SMTP for these domains also. If I am correct; exchange can only be installed if a domain is present. So this means when I install my server 2003 I must promote it to being a domain controller, DNS, etc. Then once installed I have my Active Directory and I can now prep to install exchange. This part I am aware of. My next step is how do I host more than one domain in exchange and provide them with OWA. If would be nice also if t...

Unable to uninstall Exchange 2003 server
Trying to uninstall Exchange 2003 from the first Exchange server. (out of two, second being a 2 node A/P cluster) Got all the public folders/roles/mailboxes moved over. All except for a few system mailboxes which shouldn't matter anyway, SMTP, System Attendant, SystemMailbox. (right?) So I go to Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs, to remove Exchange, and it throws me this error: The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging Collaboration Services" cannot be assigne the action "Remove" because: - One or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. Thes...

Delay receiving email from Exchange
Env: Small Business Server 2000; Outlook 2002 SP3 I have one user who does not automatically receive email from the Exchange server. As soon as you click any item in her inbox, new mail is received. Everyone else in the same office with the same setup (as far as I can tell) is working fine. Any ideas would be appreciated. > I have one user who does not automatically receive email > from the Exchange server. As soon as you click any item > in her inbox, new mail is received. Everyone else in the > same office with the same setup (as far as I can tell) is > working fine...

Error: -3260, can't connect to the server.

Native Mode in Exchange
Can I change to Native Mode in Exchange under the following escenarie? We still are running Exchange on Mixed Mode which limited some capabilities between our domains like ability to mode mailboxes between servers in different Administrative groups within an organization. We already raised our domains to the forest functional level of windows 2003. Implications: “Connectors or gateway programs that run only Exchange server 5.5” We have a couple connectors to TI (other organization) but since they are SMTP connectors I think it does not matter. Best regards, Wuitre Correct - you can ...

Exchange 5.5 Organization Name
I currently am trying to migrate from Ex 5.5 to Ex 2003, but seems that I have to rename my organization name because it has a period in the name and that is not supported by Ex 2003. I wanted to know if there where any issues with changing the organization, and what should I look out for when I do this. Thanks in advance. On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:15:58 -0500, "IT Geek" <nospam@noemail.com> wrote: >I currently am trying to migrate from Ex 5.5 to Ex 2003, but seems that I >have to rename my organization name because it has a period in the name and >that is no...

Exchange 2003 not creating mailboxes
When creating new users by Active Directory Users & Computers it seems to be normal operation. When trying to connect from Outlook to the mailbox I get message as though there is not such a mailbox in the Exchange. After checking the mailbox store DB, I realized that no mailboxes really created, even though Active Directory shows everything normal! I restarted my server and still the problem is there! No mailboxes are created even the Administrator. BTW, this a fresh installation of one 2003 Domain and one exchange 2003. Please help. Regards On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 11:09:35 +0300, &q...

XP Clients Dont Reflect Changes in Exchange
Hi all We have: Win2003 server, Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook clients 2000, 2002 and 2003. The 2003 clients run on XP Pro with the 2000 clients on NT/98. Having changed the email address for a contact via Active Directory, the XP clients haven't registered the change. They still report the old email address whereas the NT and 98 clients show the new one. I understand that some changes take time to propagate, but this is ridiculous! Anyone assist please? TIA Phil "TheScullster" <phil-at-dropthespam.com> wrote in news:_L-cnVo6spnURIjfSa8jmw@karoo.co.uk: > Hi...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Manager Problems
We are a single Windows 2000 AD and are currently running a single Exchange 2003 SP1 server. Our Private store is approximately 110GB and we want to implement a recipient policy for users Sent and Deleted Items. Scenario #1: 1. Create baseline recipient policy (Report Only) called Retention #1 2. Policy filter is limited to all users on this server. 2a.(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(homeMDB=CN=Mailbox Store (servername),CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=servername,CN=Servers,CN=MyGroup,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=domain...

Outlook 2002 server time out
Network Setup: DC = NT 4.0 SBS with Exchange 5.5 Internet E-mail = Outside Host Workstations = 3 Windows 2000 5 Windows 98 Machine at Question Windows XP Professional Equipment list On XP Machine: AMD XP 2000 CPU ABIT Motherboard 2 x 256 DDR 2100 OS = XP Professional SP-1 Office XP Standard SP-1, SP-2 3com Nic Problem: When opening outlook checking mail, everything is ok untill you have a file with a 1 meg+ attachment, At that point the machine seems to stall and you must hit cancel -> at that point you can hit send and receive again and you will get all the same...

Ms Money 2000
I have currently installed msmoney2000 on to my computer running XP pro and it needs the CD to run why?? As Administrator it runs find but as a limited user it say that it can not initialize the program and it needs to be re-installed Can Anyone Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppp! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has been a VERY LONG KNOWN limitation of versions prior to M03 on the NT security model. You run Money as an administrator. The FFFFAAAAAQQQQQ: --- Q): How do I make Money work for other WinNT/Win2k/XP Pro users? A): Money does not deal well with the NT multi-u...

Question about Win2K3 and E2k3 FE/BE server combinations?
All, Are there any gotchas to building an Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 topology ,using the following combination of OS and app versions? *Front End Server Exchange 2003 Standard (SP1) on Windows 2003 Standard Edition (SP1) *Back End Server Exchange 2003 Enterprise (SP1) on Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition (SP1) Or do I need Exchange 2003 Enterprise as a FE server, if I'm using EE 2003 as the backend? Thanks in advance for all feedback. Rob G. Exchange 2003 Standard can function as a FE server; no need for Enterprise there. For your BE server, why Windows 2003 Enterprise? Are you c...