Exchange Scripts

Morning all.

I have a user who gets alot of emails with .zip files attached. These .zip
files need to be manually saved out of the email into a folder (the same
folder) everyday all day.

Is there someway I can automatically do this with a server based script.
Maybe setup a rule in outlook 2003 to file them to a folder then setup a
script on that folder?

Used to be able to do this in 5.5.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike
0
Ziguana (24)

"=?Utf-8?B?WmlndWFuYQ==?=" <Ziguana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Is there someway I can automatically do this with a server based
> script. Maybe setup a rule in outlook 2003 to file them to a folder
> then setup a script on that folder?

I'm sure there is something on slipstick.com that can help you with
this. Where are these zip files coming from? There must be a better way
;)

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP
"Arlo Clizer [MVP]" <aclizer@online.pullman.com> wrote:

>"=?Utf-8?B?WmlndWFuYQ==?=" <Ziguana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
>> Is there someway I can automatically do this with a server based
>> script. Maybe setup a rule in outlook 2003 to file them to a folder
>> then setup a script on that folder?
>
>I'm sure there is something on slipstick.com that can help you with
>this. Where are these zip files coming from? There must be a better way
>;)

FTP comes to mind. As does a web page. E-mail's a poor way to transfer
files.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Help With Powershell Script.
Hi Folks, Still a novice here so bear with me if this was discussed before. I wrote a small script to kill and restart a custom service that runs on our servers in our network, only to discover, that some of the servers have a 64bit version of the service hat also has a different name. I would like to run one script, detects what service is running on those servers and kills is using pskill from sysinterals (now owned by Microsoft) and then start it. The service name is for now, myservice and the 64bit version name is myservice64 I originally had the script as follows. ...

Script usage of "objUser.storequota"
Hi all, I try to set the mailbox storequota's users with a script. For other properties like e.g. phone "objUser.SetInfo" works fine. objUser.storequota shows me the corret values, but the SetInfo produces an error "The specified directory service attribute or value does not exists". script: --- Set objUser = GetObject("LDAP://CN=Tom,OU=User,DC=Domain,DC=net") wscript.echo "old Warn Limit" & objUser.storequota objUser.Put "storequota", 90000 objUser.SetInfo --- Does anyone has a idea how to write back modified values? Thank you, bes...

Exchange 6.5 build 7638.2 (NOT send on behalf)
Exchange gurus, I am running Exchange 6.5 build 7638.2 on windows server 2003 service pack 1. We are using a very basic smtp setup with a domain. Here's where things are not basic; We have a lawgroup and they want everyone to be able to send email as the same user. we will call him ableandable@law.com. Well seemed easy enough. We gave domainusers full mailbox rights and send on behalf rights to the user ableandable. We then added this mailbox to everyone's outlook. If they want to send an email as themselves they just send an email. If they want to send an email as ableand...

Exchange 2003 "Send as" Right Problem
We upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 a while back, and eventually got off of 5.5 and went native. We are also on Windows 2003 AD in native mode. Our problem is that anyone in the Domain admins group can send as anyone in the company which was not the case with exchange 5.5. Does anyone knows how to prevent it? This problem as been around since Exchange 2000. To my knowledge, there are no workarounds ( that 'feature' is built deeply in the store code and seems to be very hard to get rid of). I'll be glad the day it will no longer work... "Pankaj" <Pankaj@di...

the Add-in "AVG Exchange Extension" avg32.dll message pops up in .
Every time I open an email I get a message that states that the Add-in "AVG Exchange Extension" avg32.dll cannot be loaded and has been disabled by outlook. i can not find how to turn this off. I am no longer using AVG visus protection and can not uninstall the program, either. Locate outcmd.dat and extend.dat and rename them to .old. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/19 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlo...

exchange server 2003 recovery mode
when trying to access outlook via our server which is running exchang server 2003 the following message is given. the microsoft exhang server is unavailable, either there are network problems or th server computer is down for maintainence. the network connections ar ok but i am getting the message that exchange is currently in recover mode. how do i get out of this?? Make sure all Exchange services are running. Also check Application Event log on server. Ian Garrard wrote: > when trying to access outlook via our server which is running exchange > server 2003 the following message is ...

Exchange 5.5
We are running Windows NT 4.0 SP6a and Exchange 5.5 SP4. We also have Antigen 7.5 installed on the server. Since last week we have been having problems sending and receiving messages. This problem started quite suddenly and we are unsure why. When sending messages some of them appear to get stuck in the IMS queue and even though Event Viewer will show a successful connection to the remote server another message will pop up about 4 minutes later stating that "An attempt to connect to host domainname.com failed". The outbound message will then stay in the queue and keep retrying a...

Strange Exchange ActiveSync Issue
SBS2003 Premium 11 Windows XP Pro clients 2 Motorola Q (Windows Mobile 6) phones (Verizon) 2 HTC Android phones (Verizon) OK, this one stumps me. I have verified that this is happening on all of the phones. Here is what is happening. The phones are are not getting updated email to the phones unless the user logs in and syncs their Outlook client at their computer with the SBS2003. Basically users go home at the end of the day and log out. The phones immediately stop receiving any new email. When the clients go back into the office in the morning they log back into the d...

Re : Migrating emails from active Exchange 2000 to a offline Exchange 2000
I need to move emails from a production Exchange 2000 to an offline exchange 2000 and move it back later to the same exchange server 2000 after repair or reformat .... something like moving the .pst from 1 desktop computer to another desktop for viewing that I have the correct files loaded. Paul This group is for questions around Microsoft CRM but here's the answer for you. You need to use a utility called EXMERGE. This allows you to take everyones exchange data and store it in a file called user.pst etc YOu can then rebuild your exchange server and use exmerge again to reimport t...

Exchange 2003 and Office 2007 Error 9646
I am getting a repeating error from MSExchangeIS and I have followed the recommended steps to resolve and identify the source with no joy. The error is error 9646 MSExchangeIS generated in the application log in our Exchange 2003 SP2 server. This error relates to Mapi session "/o=wchg/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/ cn=username" exceeded the maximum of 500 objects of type "objtFolderView". I am informed this is because a desktop application is opening up a lot of email messages - possibly Google search, antivirus etc. We have tried temporarily disabling antiv...

Outlook 2002 and keeping messages on Exchange Server
OK. This may be a really dumb question but I have tried everything to fix this problem. I have created a Personal Folder on my computer. I have 2 POP mail accounts that download my mail from the ISP into my .pst file. No problem there. I recently added another Microsoft Exchange account to the list of email accounts and though I have tried everything I can think of Outlook downloads my mail off the Exchange server into my .pst file. I want to keep the Exchange files on the server but download the POP mail into the .pst file. I know this feature is available but WHERE??? Any h...

How to re-associate mailboxes to Master Exchange Server
I recently had a bad crash, Ironically due to the latest Arcserve 11.5 software bug. I reinstalled Exchange 2K3 with SP2 on Win2K3 SP1 I have a secondary Exchange server that I replicate to with XoSoft However when I try to replicate with Exosoft I get the following error relating to my Exchange server configuration. Warning message reads: Network traffic is directed to host Email, but mailboxes are assigned to host Dc2 Does anybody no where I can find how to re-associate the mailboxes with my Host server EMAIL? Is this an AD thing? Thanks in advance On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:49:22 -0...

Exchange and Bulk Email
We have lists of clients that we send bulk emails to. The problem we are having is that when we send the email out, with the distribution group in the BCC to hide the address's, 60% get returned because the recipients email server rejects it as spam. Probably because it is being sent to 100 address's within the company all at once. Is there a way in Exchange to setup it up so that sends each email individually spaced apart by like 2 seconds. Basically get it to act more like Majordomo? For $11G I would hope so, but this does not sound like it is the case. On Thu, 8 Dec 200...

STM File Keeps Growing on Exchange 2003
In the last couple of days my Exchange 2003 server has taken over 2GB EXTRA for the STM file. The Priv.stm is now 3.5GB (Priv.edb is 4GB). Not sure what it's size was previously, but since Friday we lost 1.5GB of disk space mysteriously and then today I saw the STM file grow by 500MB, so assume this is where the other space went. I have rebooted server but have not gained the space back. What can I do? Why is it happening? Thanks I'm not sure why you think rebooting the server would result in gaining space back from the STM file. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...

email is not delivered from a mailbox on a Exchange 2003 server
hello all, We are experiencing a problem in a test environment now and soon we will be going live. We have a Windows 2003 domain (native) and a mixed Exchange 2000 and 2003 environment. I am experiencing a problem when sending an email from mailbox on a Exchange 2003 server to a mailbox on a Exchange 2000 server. There is not an issue when sending in the reverse order, Exch 2000 to Exch 2003. I am seeing errors in the Message Tracking Logs that read as follows: Unknown event with X.400 event no. 1033 Unknown event with X.400 event no. 1034 Unknown event with X.400 event no. 1036 Any ...

Exchange Connectivity #3
Hi everyone, Recently we seprated our network into two diffrent ones. Netwrok A (domain A) ---> 10.10.2.x subnet 255.255.252.0 Netwrok B (domain B) ---> 10.20.0.x subnet 255.255.252.0 Both have exchange 2003. and we use the same network how can i allow my users on both domain to send emails. Thank you in advance for helping me. you are going to need to give us a lot more info. Are these connected through a router or are the separated by the internet? Are the different AD domains? etc etc etc "Firass arramli" <framli@hotmail.com> wrote in message news...

Exchange restore and retained items.
I have been asked by our legal department to supply all emails including any possibly deleted items for some users for the past five months. Up until this month, we used NTBackup to back up our message store to tape. Each month, I pull a tape out of rotation and save it back for an archive. Our server is configured to retain deleted items for 30 days. I am restoring each message group month by month and using exmerge to extract the users mailboxes to a pst file. The process seems to be working but I do have one question. Is there a way to recover the retained deleted items when ...

exchange and outlook problem
Hello everybody ! It's my first post to this newsgroup. I'm starting with exchange, so I don't think I could be useful for you, but maybe to other questions I am, so feel free to ask me whatever you want. Feel free to go to my home at http://govinda.no-ip.com and enter to the site. I'm trying to install and configure a exchange server at work and i'm experiencing some problems with outlook and exchange. First, I can't work with Outlook 2003 and exchange, but i didn't had exchange update with the latest SP, so maybe it is the reason. Anyway I tried with Out...

Restore Exchange 2000 default permissions
is it possible to restore default permissions for the organisation in exchange 2000. At present anyone can open anyone else's mailbox!! Which i can't believe is the default. If there is no way to reset them can someone tell me what the permissions need to be so only the user and the administrators can access the mailboxes. My CEO is less than impressed that anyone can read his mail!! Cheers Minimum Permissions Required for Mailbox Stores and Public Folder Stores http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/StrPermwE2k3/2934133f-e3af-46a5-9369-1ece5843ff58.mspx?mfr...

CRM Crashing Exchange 05-25-06
Here's what i'm getting. When it happens Exchange and CRM stop functioning. A reboot temporarily solves this. Win 2003 SBS w/exchange 2003. Event ID 1000 Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, faulting module CRMCache.dll, version 3.0.5300.0, fault address 0x0003cb39. ...

exchange spamming
I Have a my mail server running exchange 2003 on windows 2000 server and i have got around 1lakh of emails in queue and when ever i try to delete it from queue i get deleted and again start building up and my mail server gets slow down Please help me out and let me know weather do i need to install some spamming software for my mail server. Thanks in advance. obed wrote: > I Have a my mail server running exchange 2003 on windows 2000 server > and i have got around 1lakh of emails in queue Who are they from? > and when ever i try to > delete it from queue i get deleted and ag...

Exchange recovery
Hi, We recently lost our exchange server functionality thanks to AD falling over. So we've just upgraded from Exchange 2000 to 2003. As the system uses mirrored disks, we still have a copy (somewhere) of the old exchange store, which includes people's emails, contacts, calendars, etc. What I would like to do is to be able to recover all this information for users, but without over writing email that has been received since the system was reinstalled. I assume that exmerge is the tool I am looking for, but given the recent problems we've had, I want to ensure that this *is*...

Exchange System Manager #7
I have two forests, forest A and forest B. In forest A there is an exchange organization 2003. In forest B there is not an exchange structure. Is possible open exchange organization in forest A by Exchange System Manager installed in one machine in Forest B? If yes, how do I do? Thank you, Simone Reale http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278888 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Simone" <Simone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10398D10-12AB-461D-8132-1DBE4FCDA991@microsoft.com... &...

The account specified for the Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager Administrator is invalid
Experts, How do I resolve this issue? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Mailbox Management Event ID: 9314 Date: 12/4/2005 Time: 12:06:59 AM User: N/A Computer: EBIZ-GATE Description: The account specified for the Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager Administrator is invalid. No mailboxes will be processed. -- Spin Services, Microsoft Exchange System Administrator, properties. Change the user account to either the Exchange Administrator account or System Account. Nick "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:3vgsjfF162o0rU1@indi...

Public Folder Permissions and SBS 2k3 SP1 & Exchange SP2
I have read some of the other links regarding Exchange's Public Folders and using AD groups for permissions. I have tried creating AD Dist. Groups & AD Security Groups with both Global & Universal and cannot seem to make the permissions work for the group. For example a new pubic folder with the following client permissions: Default=None, Admin=owner, Anonymous=contrib. If I add a my user ID to the group and assign Pub Editor I can see,create posts... in folder and all is fine. If I remove my ID then use an AD group as stated above with the same client permissions I ...