Exchange rich-text format

What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server
to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual
user settings"?
0
CK (58)

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:31:01 -0700, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server
>to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual
>user settings"?

Depends on what your users are sending messages as. Most will be using
HTML or RTF anyway unless you have some policy in place that changed
the format to plain text on the client side, in which case it would be
a contradictory policy that you'd want to sort out.

0
mark7219 (5666)
6/22/2006 4:13:18 PM
Here is the deal, intermittently users have been getting a winmail.dat file
as an attachment to email. I found the following info:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q278061/

I would like to have everyone use the same format to avoid the winmail.dat
issue however I would still like people to be able to paste images inside of
outlook if at all possible. Would it be best to set Exchange to "Alwayes Use"
or to "Never Use" the RTF format? If I select "Never Use" what changes will
my users see?
0
CK (58)
6/22/2006 4:32:02 PM
We send Exchange messages externally to a partner that uses Lotus Notes.
They were receiving a bunch of the winmail.dat files.

We ended up setting the Global change to "Never use" RTF and have had pretty
good success.

"CK" <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here is the deal, intermittently users have been getting a winmail.dat
> file
> as an attachment to email. I found the following info:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q278061/
>
> I would like to have everyone use the same format to avoid the winmail.dat
> issue however I would still like people to be able to paste images inside
> of
> outlook if at all possible. Would it be best to set Exchange to "Alwayes
> Use"
> or to "Never Use" the RTF format? If I select "Never Use" what changes
> will
> my users see?

0
del731 (73)
6/22/2006 4:42:32 PM
Thats great to know as we have a subsidiary that uses Lotus Notes. What, if
any changes did your clients notice? Where they still able to paste images
into the body of the email?
0
CK (58)

Out of office in exchange server 5.5
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? Because if the client's machine is off, there will not be any replies sent. I am using the internet mail connector in exchange server 5.5. Thank you See reply to your later post in here. leo wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather > than at the client's machine? Because if the client's machine is off, > there will not be any replies sent. I am using the internet mail > connector in exchange server 5.5...

Exchange 2003
Hi, The OWA,OMA and other exchange virtual directories are by default installed under the default IIS website. I would like to setup the virtual directories in two newly created website in IIS. I want one website with the OWA vdirs and the other with the OMA vdirs. How can I achieve this. Is there a document/link to help me? Thanks in advance. "al" <al@al.com> wrote in message news:7127ff73ed8b8c8b68cd38161d5@news.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > The OWA,OMA and other exchange virtual directories are by default installed > under the default IIS website. > I wo...

Exchange routing trouble
I have 1 AD forest with a child domain. 1 enterprise mail org with 1 administrative group. Recently we added an exchange server in the child domain, the server is a member of the same administrative group (and thus the same mail org) as the original. The child domain is in a branch office connected by inet VPN tunnel. Probelm: Original server's queue to the new server is filling with a bunch of messages to "new server-IS@mydomain.com" the queue is always in retry. The same occurs in reverse on the new server (messages to "origianl server-IS@mydomain.com") queue is a...

Exchange Permissions #3
We have a forest with accounts in the root domain and exchange servers in the child domains. There is no exchange server in the root domain. We have setup a group with permissions to set user mailboxes. According to a doc I read the user setting the mailboxes must still have full exchange rights in the exchange admin group. Currently admin can set mailboxes in admin groups they have only view rights delegated to them. Any ideas why this is? The second issue is we had a non admin user run forest prep and somehow was delegated full exchange admin rights over the exchange organization...

Exchange 2003 replication
Dears, I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (mailboxs) between two sites in the same organaization without using third party software? On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:51:06 -0800, ala <ala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dears, >I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (mailboxs) between two sites in >the same organaization without using third party software? Nope. No. Nue "ala" <ala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18DB2FC9-E67A-46D4-A99E-680B3300C6A4@microsoft.com... > Dears, > I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (m...

Cannot compose email in html format only plain text
I have some sort of html problem as I can't insert text into any text boxes in explorer. I also can't highlight text and in outlook I can't enter text into an email in html format, however in plain text I can. I have installed the new XP sp2 update, I have used the detect and repair option in Outlook, I have tried running explorer from another pc on the network on my pc all to no avail. So I am guessing that it is a problem caused externally of explorer and outlook. And I have also ran a fully updated virus check. Any help would be much appreciated as this is driving ...

Exchange 2000 data store size does not shrink
Hi, We have an exchage 2k store that is ~16GB. We have archived ~ 5GB (PST files)and did an offline defrag but the db has shrunk by less than 2%. Currently it will not mount even with the evn when we set the temp size increase registry switch. Any ideas? In news:2B3413A7-9F3D-44E9-A0D1-06E7B1D55135@microsoft.com, KCHobson <KCHobson@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > We have an exchage 2k store that is ~16GB. We have archived ~ 5GB > (PST files)and did an offline defrag but the db has shrunk by less > than 2%. Currently it will not mount even with the ...

Missing Message Text

UPPER CASE formatting a cell
I receive excel data from a number of sources to be combined together in a single sheet. I would like to format a column of cells to be all upper case but not use the =UPPER() function. I'd like to format a cell to force any lower case char to upper case automatically when data is entered. Custom formatting as >CCCC doesn't work. Can this be done? Conversely, how can I force cell A1 to be UPPER CASE by using =UPPER(A2), then remove the reference to A2 when printing the result? I don't want the cell A2 to print. This I forget how to do. Hi you'll need VBA for this. ...

Excel 2007 convert into tab delimeter text file with extra tab spa
Hi , Sub: I have excel 2007 trying to save as tab delimeted text file having an issue. I have saved my excel 2007 as separate Tab delimited Text files. I see extra tabs stored in the tab delimited text files. But when I do the same with excel 2003 it works fine there is not extra tabs stored in my tab delimited text file. My excel 2007 conveted to tab delimited text file looks like as shown below(Extra two tabs at the end of the each record). Data0<Tab>data1<Tab><Tab> Data2<Tab>data3<Tab><Tab> Appreciate your help in advance. Rega...

Configuring Outlook2003 for sync with Exchange
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3A9C6.7BAC1600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My primary machine is changing from a desktop to a laptop next week. = What I'd like to do is configure Outlook so that I can "work online" = most of the time, but when at specific times [manual selection, = scheduled time, when Outlook is shut down], I'd like it to sync my = calendar, tasks, email, contact list, and <if possible>GAL</if possible> = so I can work while no...

Exchange 5.5 The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
Ok sorry this is the complete message. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. To: Leo Subject: Test Sent: 4/8/2004 5:17:29 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Leo on 4/8/2004 5:17 PM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=MVCHAMBER;l=MVC5-040409001729Z-863 MSEXCH:IMS:MVCHAMBER:MVCHAMBER:MVC5 3553 (000B09B6) 553 mail rejected due to excessive spam (64.168.156.138) The Echange Server IP is 64.168.156.139 Any ideas??????????? Help! It is blocking sending to anyone@expressnets.com Gen...

Need several text box templates
Hi, Am making a catalog over 80 pages. I love this program. My concern is with text boxes. I have a general text box template that is used for each new page. Works fine. But within that page is another text box or several that is filled in with color for emphasis. Not used on all pages but is a "subcategory" text box. Used as needed. I need to change the color and realize there is no way to make an acros-the-board-change. Or is there? So the first question is: 1) Can I change the format (fill-in) text boxes that are inside a text box all at once? 2) Can I make a template for a ...

active directory, exchange, crm
I am trying to figure out the best way to allocate to minimal amount of hardware the following components: active directory, exchange, crm (1+ installations), virtual server, etc. if I had only 2 actual servers, which one should have active directory, exchange, sql server, crm, virtual servers, etc.Should all CRM instances go onto virtual servers? should I use redundant disk on both servers? Also what is the best approach for windows updates in production environment? could they cause problems, crashes, etc.? I recently had a bugcheck x50 when tried running the security updates that were in...

Install Exchange in another tree in the forest
I have two trees in the forest (leon.local and noel.local) and am trying to install my second exchange server in the second tree (noel.local). The installation program always tells me that it cannot contact the global catalog. The global catalog is in leon.local and I can ping it successfully. If you check the following log, it seems after checking forest prep and domain prep, it goes to the global catalog and check if the domain contains it is domainpreped. It says it is not but obviously it is because I have successfully installed the first Exchange server in leon.local. Any ideas? ...

Where can I find Exchange EventID Descriptions #2
Hello. I need to create software which analyse MSExchange event log on the fact of occurence critical Exchange Server events. But can't find more or less full description of MS Exchange Server 5.5/2000 events. I've tried to find it in MSDN, Exchange SDK - nothing. Where can I find full description of MS Exchange Server events ID's (eventlog). Thanks. have a look at www.eventid.net they have a great event id resource and event monitors Simon "Igor" <igor_bo@pochta.ru> wrote in message news:266001c3e0dd$4e1948e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello. > I need to cr...

Comment: Default Text Size etc...
Hi, Can I change the default size of the comment, and the text within? I have tried to play with each one but that is a pain in the butt. I have searched for it to no avail. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you, Kevin Try this (It's a setting in windows, not in Excel): Right-click on any empty space in *windows desktop* > choose Properties Select Appearance tab* > click "Item" dropdown menu > choose "Tooltip" Choose a Font and Size to taste (You can also change the color here) Click OK > Apply > OK *If in WinXP, click "Advanced&qu...

Text cell complains about date
I have a column containing ratios like 3/4, 3/0, 5/2, etc. I have them all formatted as text. All of the cells that have a zero as the second number (3/0) get a little green triangle and a warning that I have entered a "date string with only 2 digits for the year". Huh? How is "3/0" a date string with 2 digits for the year? And, why is it complaining about a text field? More importantly, how do I get Excel to stop being so "helpful" and leave my damned text data alone -- unexamined? Remove the warning in Options, Tools>Options>Error Checking in 2003...

Exchange disaster recovery help
I was wondering I have a client thats wants to have a disaster recovery site where if site A goes down site B will be able to handle his mail needs. My real question is can exchange some how replicate the data store to a 2nd site so that site B will have all of the same data in case of a disaster? I know I can do clustering but that would be in the same physical location not in seperate location if I am not mistaken. Any ideas would be great you can also do stretch clustering, which is geographically spanned cluster nodes in different locations...but it is quite expensive and the replica...

Exchange 2003 and Conferencing?
Does Exchange 2003 have conferencing capabilities? I remember Exchange 5.5 had it with Netmeeting and Exchange 2000 also. But I cannot find anything for Exchange 2003. Please advise. Thanks. Exchange 5.5 did not have any native conferencing capabilities. Exchange 2000 had a component called Conferencing Server. It was removed in Exchange Server 2003. The LiveMeeting hosted service is intended to fill that gap. Exchange 2000 also had a barebones IM implementation - that was removed from Exchange Server 2003 and a separate product called Live Communications Server provides richer IM fu...

RWW, VPN, Exchange connection problems
Running SBS2003 on an HP server. 3 PCs used by onsite staff. 4th PC used for remote access via RWW. Having intermittent connectivity issues. I sign in remotely using an XP workstation w/RWW. I have another PC that I use to access Exchange, and occasionally connect with VPN to access files on the server at the office. I keep getting dropped on RWW with the error "VBScript Remote Desktop Disconnected. An internal error has occurred". When that happens, I also notice that my Oulook client on the other PC shows an error that the connection to Microsoft Exchange has ...

Migrating Exchange 5.5 Public Folders to 2003
I have a small network on NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 that we've decided to replace with Win 2003 and Exchange 2003. We want to use all new hardware so we'll be starting with a fresh 2003 server with no need to connect to the old NT 4.0 server except for transferring data files. I'd like to install a standalone Exchange 2003 and then move the mailboxes (there are only 10) via PST files manually and was hoping I could do the same with the public folders that we use. Although I can move these in PST files the custom forms do not seem to retained so that when I add them to the new 200...

in Excel 2000 how do I convert text to numbers?
I imported files from Wells Fargo and I want to convert them from text to numbers...so far nothing is working! thanks Jo Dee One method...... Format all as General. Copy an empty cell(also formatted as General). Select range of numbers. Edit>Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc. One other method......... Select range of numbers and Data>Text to Columns>Finish Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:53:06 -0800, Jo Dee <Jo Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I imported files from Wells Fargo and I want to convert them from text to >numbers...so far nothi...

Outlook 2003 :: Views :: Automatic Formatting
Hello all. I have two questions about views. Hope you can help me. 1. How to higlight messages from the certain domain? In the dialog "Automatic Formatting" I can define condition to check From field (for example, "where From field contains @microsoft.com"). But the view checks only sender's name (not e-mail). However, I can filter by e-mail using From field in the rule (Rules and Alerts). What are the differences? Because of internal interfaces, I guess. Rule can access to "source data" but view can access to "prepared- to-view data" only. I could ...

You are unable to add a database to the Exchange 2003 Recovery Storage Group
Hi, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555307/en-us Is there any solution available for solving this problem ? Thanks Mario Did you try the one listed? RESOLUTION Right-Click the incorrectly formatted mailbox store name in the Exchange System Manager. Select "Rename" and add the appropriate leading or trailing parenthesis so that the mailbox store is in the expected format of MailboxStore (Server Name), or rename the store so that there are no mismatched parenthesis. In some cases, you may need to rename the mailbox store via Adsiedit. See "More Information". Bac...