Exchange rich-text format

What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server
to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual
user settings"?
0
CK (58)

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:31:01 -0700, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server
>to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual
>user settings"?

Depends on what your users are sending messages as. Most will be using
HTML or RTF anyway unless you have some policy in place that changed
the format to plain text on the client side, in which case it would be
a contradictory policy that you'd want to sort out.

0
mark7219 (5666)
6/22/2006 4:13:18 PM
Here is the deal, intermittently users have been getting a winmail.dat file
as an attachment to email. I found the following info:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q278061/

I would like to have everyone use the same format to avoid the winmail.dat
issue however I would still like people to be able to paste images inside of
outlook if at all possible. Would it be best to set Exchange to "Alwayes Use"
or to "Never Use" the RTF format? If I select "Never Use" what changes will
my users see?
0
CK (58)
6/22/2006 4:32:02 PM
We send Exchange messages externally to a partner that uses Lotus Notes.
They were receiving a bunch of the winmail.dat files.

We ended up setting the Global change to "Never use" RTF and have had pretty
good success.

"CK" <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Here is the deal, intermittently users have been getting a winmail.dat
> file
> as an attachment to email. I found the following info:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q278061/
>
> I would like to have everyone use the same format to avoid the winmail.dat
> issue however I would still like people to be able to paste images inside
> of
> outlook if at all possible. Would it be best to set Exchange to "Alwayes
> Use"
> or to "Never Use" the RTF format? If I select "Never Use" what changes
> will
> my users see?

0
del731 (73)
6/22/2006 4:42:32 PM
Thats great to know as we have a subsidiary that uses Lotus Notes. What, if
any changes did your clients notice? Where they still able to paste images
into the body of the email?
0
CK (58)

Exchange 2k Journaling Problem
The company I work for is going to be moving locations in the next couple of months and, due to the move and several other factors, our email server will be down for a couple of days. As a stop gap measure, we have contracted with a 3rd party, Front Bridge AMC, to handle the email for us during that time period. The Front Bridge AMC maintains 30 days worth of email for each user and allows web access to their email, similiar to OWA. Email that arrives from an external source (hotmail for example) destined for the company I work for is captured, as is internal email destined for outsi...

Exchange 2003 SP1 and SBS 2003
My company has a server running SBS 2003. When running Baseline Security Analyzer I noticed that I needed to update our SBS Exchange 2003 to SP1 (BSL referred to our current version as Exchange 2003 Gold). I downloaded SP1 but was unable to locate any installation guidelines in the release notes. Should I just install the update during off hours? Please let me know if any installation instructions or guidelines exist. Thank you for your help. A Beck The release notes http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/sp1rn.mspx and online help http://www.microsof...

Concatenate text from columns
How can I concatenate text in colB? ColA has 2 markers C and * Whenever C is followed by * I need to unite the text fields in ColB So, for the data below I want ColA ColB C Text1 Text1a C Text2 Text2a Text2b Text2c ColA ColB C Text1 * Text1a cont'd C Text2 * Text2a cont'd * Text2b cont'd * Text2c cont'd C Text3 Hope this makes sense! Thbe easy method is to use a fromula in the worksheet. Something like this in cell C1 =if(A2="*",B1&B2,"") Then copy formula down column C Next Copy colum...

Existing Exchange 03 server to new Domain
We currently have an Exchange 2003 server, we would like to install a 2003 domain and make the Exchange 03 server part of the new domain. We would like to copy the user accounts for exchange to the new domain. Anyone have any info on doing this I am have some problems finding anything on Microsoft's website. you can only have one Exchange Org per AD Forest...are you trying to have two different ones or is this a child domain type of thing? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "jpnels" <jpnels71@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1147294933.261759.288080@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com.....

Format cell to display numbers instaed of ###'s
Not sure how to querry this in the KB.... but I want to be able to have a number such as 4 1/8 in a cell that is set at width less than what is required to display it properly. Same with a date/time entry. In cells where I'm entering text, the text will "spill" over if the adjoining cells are empty of data. No so with number's. How do I change it so it will display as 4 1/8 without widening the cell? If I place an apostrophe ' in front of the number, or format the cell as plain text it will work, but I really need to retain the numeric value. Thanks, David... ...

text box #7
I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit enter, I get the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help. Thank you We require some more details. Where have you created the textbox, in the sheet or a userform. Are you using the control from the Control Toolbox menu. Are there any macros you are using. Mangesh "Marlis" <Marlis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C6C6F42-E6CB-4DEB-BB46-C8F923A343C0@microsoft.com... > I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit enter, I get > the error message "...

Cell Formating Problems
This is what I do: I open up a brand new worksheet. I format cell A1 to text. Then I enter the number 1 into it. Then I format the cell to Numeric and the 1 in the cell does not change. it stays as (left justified 1. If I delete the 1 and type a 1 into that cell and hit Enter, it become 1.00 (a number). Whats happening here??? Why doesn't it convert the 1 to a 1.00 when format the cell to numeric? Why do I have to re-enter the number -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com brain It was originally entered as Text. Simply re-formatting doesn't change its underlying ...

Exchange 5.5 Error Message "Application Log Full"
This is the relavent information from the Application Log: Event ID: 2125 Source: MSExchnageMTA Type: Warning Catagory: Resource Description: Statistics for the DBI call (DB Server): file writes GATEWAY, reads 37, cache hits 275, misses %5. Attribute %6, value number %7, Object ID: %8 (00000000 => N/A). Caller %12 [%9 %10 %11] (8) I'm having a hard time making sense of this error message. Vaguely, it looks like a system call to a DB server that is misbehaving in some way. I've tried restarting the MSExchangeMTA service, to no avail. Can somone point me in the right dire...

format end notes to appear at the chapter, not end of document?
I need my end notes to appear at the end of each chapter. Word puts them at the end of the document. Can I do this manualy, or is there a shortcut format I can use? Right-click an endnote and choose Note Options from the context menu. At "Location," choose "End of document." Make sure that "Apply changes to" reads "Whole document"; then click Apply. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Liz" <Liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9569343-3363-45DD-A61A-9990C9689443@microsoft.com... >I need my e...

Equations and Text in same Cell
I am using Excel to write a program. I would like to incorporate text within the same cell as the result of an equation but the I cannot control the number of decimal places that the output displays. I've tried using the Number tab in the Format Cell feature but nothing changes. Is there a way to control the number of decimal places when you are combining text with the results of an equation? yes. you could incorperate the round() funciton. post your formula regards FSt1 "Eric" wrote: > I am using Excel to write a program. I would like to incorporate...

Charting with concatenated numbers and text
I am scatter charting from columns of data (text and numbers) that I concatanate into a long string so that I can use the validate drop down list feature in Excel, which only supports one column. I use Mid, Left and Right functions to then pick the relevant charting data from the string. Unfortunately although the numbers look good, Excel does not treat them the same way that it does with directly entered numbers - and my charts do not display accurately. Any ideas to to fix this problem or suggest a modified workflow. I am not an advanced user but would like to use the drop down li...

Activity Creation by Exchange Connector
We're investigating the use of the connector to create activities for incoming email that relates to CRM records. I think a good solution would be for CRM to create activities for all incoming messages that come from an email address that matches a Lead, Contact, and Account. If a matching address does not exist, the user would be required to promote the message using SFO -- or copy and paste. I have tried both options for converting incoming email and neither seem to be close to what I want: - All incoming.... creates and activity for *all* messages, even if it cannot match the se...

forward exchange 2003 mail to external email #2
hi anybody knows how to do this? i tried this but it didnt work http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/mf015.html its ok now..i just create another account..and and configure an external mailbox to that account..and then on the first account, i just put a forward to under delivery options the another accoount..:> :> ...

exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5
can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate orgs, can users view each others address list? You might try this link for help, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;238573 -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Mostro" <oveloz@glas**flossnospam.com> wrote in message news:10f59d91kildved@corp.supernews.com... > can 2003 and 5.5 running in the same network, different domains, seperate > orgs, can users view each others address list? > > ...

Exchange Server Problem (I need help)
Hello to you all! The medical clinic I work at has a network. We all have our own email address. Mine, for example is lpeacock@elcardiologist.com. The problem is this. I can send out email as much as I want and they go where I need them to go. However, when anyone attempts to send any of us email, to our work, we don't get them. Now we had experianced some MAJOR problems recently in the past to where the actual IT lady had to set everything back up because things just went down. So our email accounts worked without any problems. But now, we can't recieve anything from an...

Exchange 2003 And Multiple Managers
We need to deploy our organisation to allow for some users to have multiple Managers. For example, a secretary can report to a number of different Managers depending on what work they are performing at the time. Any help on how this would be achieved would be greatly appreciated. "Davie" <dxw@mms.co.uk> wrote: >We need to deploy our organisation to allow for some users to have multiple >Managers. For example, a secretary can report to a number of different >Managers depending on what work they are performing at the time. > >Any help on how this would ...

Formatted Text in Autocorrect, Word 2008 for Mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I want to set up an autocorrect entry where I replace something with =formatted= as opposed to =plain= text. Specifically, I want to replace "qqq" with "QQQQQ" formatted in 14 pt Britannic Bold. However, I cnanot change the signal button from "plain' to "formatted" text. is there a way to do this? Type the word you want to use to replace "qqq" and format it inside your document. Select it, then click on Tools>AutoCorrect. You can now click the "formatted text&...

manipulating number formats
Hi If I type in $1,238,000 I want the cell to display $1,000. Similarly if I type in $15,965,945 I want the cell to display $16,000. Can I do this without using the round function? Thanks I do not believe you can if you are using ws functions. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Billy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081001c3af96$c1e9dc30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > If I type in $1,238,000 I want the cell to display $1,000. > Similarly if I type in $15,965,945 I want the cell to > display $16,00...

how do you reinstall the microsoft exchange server
I have outlook 2003 and was tryingto make it compatible with windows live and somehow deleted my microsoft exchange server and now I cannot open outlook...how do you reinstall the microsoft exchange server.__ -- lje Use the Mail applet in the control panel to add the Exchange account type back. "laurna" <laurna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D930AED-BB12-499E-996D-6FAF98D5B598@microsoft.com... >I have outlook 2003 and was tryingto make it compatible with windows live >and > somehow deleted my microsoft exchange server and now I ...

Incorrect Exchange/Mailbox details
Hi, I've inputted incorrect Exchange Server & Mailbox details and now Outlook 2003 closes without giving me the option to change them. When I double click on Outlook icon, Outlook 2003 starts to load. A box opens with the text 'Configuring Outlook Accounts' 'Creating Welcome Message' Then another box opens with the error - 'The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action' (I'm online and connected) The only option here is to click the OK button Another box opens titled Microso...

Routing the emails for another ISP (Exchange 2000)
Hello, I am analyzing a situation for a client: I has a LAN that has 4 PCs, assigned to 4 local users, each one has an email account (Exchange 2000). But emails should not be routed for the ISP that is being used, they must be routed for another ISP set. What options do I have for this. I hope you understand my question. Thanks. ...

How do you make an text box opaque?
I want to use excel spreadsheet and blank out certain parts of a already make form i believe it is called opaque. What do mean by "blank out"? What is it you want to do? HTH Otto "mcnally" <mcnally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55729CA5-2247-4433-B73F-0DC151E851A2@microsoft.com... >I want to use excel spreadsheet and blank out certain parts of a already >make > form > i believe it is called opaque. I have a form that I want to put a text box on it and type something over whatever under it. it keeps typing whatever is under i...

Choose Exchange Mailbox Store
Hello, Just to check to be sure. When I create a new user in ADUC and I get the Exchange mailbox Wizard, I can choose on which Exchange server and Mailbox Store I want to create the mailbox. But, in the list of servers, I also see two connector servers where no mailboxes should be created on. I know that when I enable the checkbox 'This is a front-end server', no mailboxes can be created anymore on these servers. Is this the correct way to exclude these servers from mailbox creation or is there another way? Regards, -- Menko den Ouden MCSE+I Netherlands On Wed, 30 Nov 200...

recover a users mailbox (exchange 2003)
hi lovely people, A user has somehow corrupted or lost all his email kept at our office by logging into our server via a VPN and using his own outlook 2003 client (not OWA) to check his mail. i think whats happened is his home client has sucked all the mail in his inbox away to his home pc (could this be?) anyway, i've been looking into recovering his mailbox and found the following article on msexchange.org http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Recovering-Mailboxes-Exchange2003-SP1.html i'm with it upto a point but i'm quite new to exchange/windows server 2003 and i'm ve...

Exchange 2003 can send, but not receive any messages
Hi there! We've got an issue with our SBS 2003 box and would appreciate any help to solve it; all messages are sent okay - to the domain and to the Internet - but no Internet messages are received. Exchange 2003 is running behind the "basic firewall" of SBS 2003 with an ADSL line, and the MX record seems to be correctly pointing to it: Domain is "pleni.com.br", Public and static IP address is 200.204.179.15. The SMTP Virtual Server is assigned to all IP addresses on the server (the public one listed above, and the internal 192.168.16.2). It's granting relay ...