Exchange Reporting #2

Hello there.

We are using Exchange Server 2003 in our company. My management would like
me to pull a report stating how many inbound messages are received each day
by each recipient in exchange. Is this possible? I have not seen any
reporting functions in the Exchange Manager which would allow me to do this.

Sean
MIS Systems Manager

It is not possible natively.  You would need to look into a 3rd party
monitoring/reporting solution in order to achieve this.  Something like
Promodag Reports, or Quest MessageStats ought to be able to provide this
information.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"StillTheOne" <StillTheOne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello there.
>
> We are using Exchange Server 2003 in our company. My management would like
> me to pull a report stating how many inbound messages are received each
> day
> by each recipient in exchange. Is this possible? I have not seen any
> reporting functions in the Exchange Manager which would allow me to do
> this.
>
> Sean
> MIS Systems Manager

0
Ben
2/3/2005 7:10:18 PM
Ben is right.  Message Stats by Quest software does a very nice job of
providing this level of detail.  Message stats requires MSDE be installed on
a monitoring box and security rights to your Exchange site to provide the
reports you are looking for.  It is a very nice tool.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> It is not possible natively.  You would need to look into a 3rd party
> monitoring/reporting solution in order to achieve this.  Something like
> Promodag Reports, or Quest MessageStats ought to be able to provide this
> information.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
>

> "StillTheOne" <StillTheOne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello there.
> >
> > We are using Exchange Server 2003 in our company. My management would like
> > me to pull a report stating how many inbound messages are received each
> > day
> > by each recipient in exchange. Is this possible? I have not seen any
> > reporting functions in the Exchange Manager which would allow me to do
> > this.
> >
> > Sean
> > MIS Systems Manager

0
Doug4515 (774)

OUTLOOK NEWS #2
Once again my news does not work. When I click it, I get a folder full of outlook stuff. This has happened before and someone here helped me. I, unfortunately, do not remember what to do. Next time I will save the instructions as this seems to be happening again and again. The word news appears at the top but when clicked there is nothing but the folder. Help Please! Thanks! You mean you cannot start the Newsreader from within Outlook? Go to Internet Explorer and make sure Outlook Express is set as the default newreader. For other solutions see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/news....

lookup problem #2
I have a sheet with J11 called Buyers # and K11 called Buyers name. On the next sheet called Buyers there is a list with B1 being the buyers number, and C2 is the buyers names. How can I enter a number on the first sheet and get the corresponding name to come up? Todd Have a look in HELP index for VLOOKUP -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd Fischer" <todd@fischerhome.net> wrote in message news:evMAjQDPEHA.3052@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a sheet with J11 called Buyers # and K11 called Buyers name. On the > next sheet called Buyers there is a...

Similar multiple entries not downloading #2
Hi, I am facing issue in downloading similar multiple transactions - eg- I have 3 southwest air ticket purchase transactions on a particualr day , where each tickets is for $60. Now in my bank statement, these appear as - 1-aug Southwest $60 1-aug Southwest $60 1-aug Southwest $60 - which is correct as i purchased 3 tickets. now when i download in money, only one transaction comes as - 1-aug Southwest $60 -other 2 are not downloaded. It seems money is treating other two as duplicate. Can someone tell me how can i get such t...

Duplicate Files in the Exchange Mailbox Store?
It is my understanding that one of the functions of the database in exchange is to eliminate duplication. Example: an email sent to an internal mailing list will only exist a single copy with the recipients of the email merely receiving a pointer to the location of said email in the database. Does this also apply to the attachments in the database as well? Is there only a single instance of the attachments? If not is there a better way to manage where attachements are stored and a way to reduce duplication? The reason I am asking is we often receive large attachments, often 30 MB pl...

How do I filter an Access report?
How do I apply a filter to an Access report? I seriously cannot find any examples anywhere. Well, MS says this works: >#2/2/2006# and <#2/4/2006# .... but all I get is "missing operator". It then strikes me I haven't told it what to filter on. What's the syntax for it? I have a table called "Inventory Transactions" and need the field "Transaction Date" filtered by the above criteria (different date range but the above example will do). I tried this: [Inventory Transactions].[Transaction Date]>=#1/1/2009# And [Inventory ...

Help please...Report Graphs and Charts
I have a few columns of data that i would like to graph for each customer. My chart is coming up blank. I have a report that alreayd lists date, weight, waist inches, and a few other items. When i add the date and the other values (in expectation to see how the values change over time it comes up blank. I'm trying to have the dates show along the bottom and the weight, waist, etc. item on the side bar. I'm trying to use a line chart but its not working. Any suggestions. The original report is based on a quiery that joins my customer table and my measurements table. Can i just us...

Exchange Disaster Recovery #5
hello been asked to come up with some DR (in the event of total meltdown) plans for Exchange 2003 across 2 sites. Each site hosts a 2 node passive/active 2k3 exchange cluster what i had planned both locations have their databses backed up with netbackup, what id planned on doing duplicate the backup jobs (weekly/monthly backups) to a netbackup server in the DR site in the event of total disaster of siteA rename exchange DRserver to exch-siteA, add to domain restore databases to this server this would keep the AD pointers to homeMDB intact? and would remove the need to mess about with legacyD...

Header/Footer #2
When we open a workbook, we would like the header/footer to default to an 8 instead of 10. We always end up changing it from a 10 to an 8. Any way for this to default instead of creating a new template? Excel 2002. Thank you. You need to save a template file (called Book or Sheet) in the XLSTART folder. Look in Help under Standard Template for more details. Bernard "Kim" <hanke@wickpilcher.com> wrote in message news:1ca0001c38870$7cf791a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When we open a workbook, we would like the header/footer > to default to an 8 instead of 10. We always ...

Smartlist export to Excel #2
Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. When exporting 'Inventory Purchase Receipt' information to Excel, quantities receipt and quantities sold, greather than 1000, are shown only the first digit in Excel, for example 4,799 is shown for 4. Any idea how to fix it??? Thanks, -- Toni Sounds more likely that the file is being exported as a csv using the print function in smartlist. -- Mick "Toni" wrote: > Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. > When exporting 'Inventory Purchase ...

source sheet to auto fill 2 other sheets
sheet1 witch is what i fill out (source data)i want the data to be auto filld into the next too sheets..an to also sort the the data (by date- verry important) from the 1st sheet. all 3 sheets r totaly difernt..same names though.. thx for any help ...

I want a cell should 2 accept only >=0 or <=30 or Y or N
I want a cell should to accept >=0 or <=30 or Y or N Regards Brijesh =OR(AND(A1>=0,A1<=30),A1="Y",A1="N") In "Custom" for Data Validation. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Brijesh Poojary" <Brijesh Poojary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F46DC05-D143-407F-BB81-D5D9109914D6@microsoft.com... > > I want a cell should to accept >=0 or <=30 or Y or N > > Regards > Brijesh ...

Customizing -2^2
Shouldn't minus a squared number be a minus number? In Excel -2^2 = 4. To keep it negative I have to write -(2^2). It's very easy to make mistakes because I also work with Quattro Pro which works differently. Is there a way to customize this in Excel so that -2^2 = -4? Thanks. In Excel the negation takes precedence over the power operator. However, subtraction is a lower priority. 0-2^2 results in -4. Does that help? Regards, Fred. "Tim Walters" <timwalters@DROPTHISterra.es> wrote in message news:3bb8ue.of8.17.1@news.alt.net... > Sho...

Stopping Exchange Connect on Different PC
I used to use a work pc with Outlook using Exchange for work email; used O. Express for personal email. I got a new pc and just installed a new copy of Outlook 2007 on it to use for my personal email, but it is trying to connect to the work exchange from my work pc (I did copy files from the work pc to my new personal pc). I can't get into Outlook to configure for my personal email. I don't have connection to old work email anymore, so I can't access Outlook at all. Hi Tracy, create a new Email account but don�t use an "Exchange Account" if you creat...

Too many cell formats #2
I have a set of spreadsheets that I am unable to change the format of any cells. When I try to change the background color, font or font size, an error message pops up saying there are too many cell formats. I really want to avoid having to re-create all of these spreadsheets. Please help. Thank you. Excel has a built in limit to the number of cell formats. You have reached that limit. As the message indicates, you cannot use any additional cell formats. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "wsdanalyst" <...

Printing multiple charts #2
My question is - i have multiple charts on the same worksheet. Is it possible to print them on separate pages without selecting each one individually? Hi, Depending on you layout inserting page breaks may solve your problem. Cheers Andy Edwina wrote: > My question is - i have multiple charts on the same worksheet. Is it > possible to print them on separate pages without selecting each one > individually? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Edwina, Here is a possible workaround. Go to View>Page Break Preview Select a range of cells and the...

exchange 5.5 and windows 2003
I have a windows NT 4.0 domain environment and i am running exchange 5.5 on a member server. i am planning to upgrade the pdc to windows 2003 and i move to active directory. Can anyone help me with directions on how exchange 5.5directory will communicate with active directory.Because upgrading to exchange 2003 is not happenning in the near future. Mikeolo The Exchange 5.5 directory will not communicate with AD. It'll just continue to run happily on its own as it did under NT. -Peter "mike olo" <wewe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2ece01c48ece$265cf550$a501280...

IE user trouble loading web mail with Exchange 2003 account
All, A user has been moved to a Exchange 2003 server, and cannot read her mail using Outlook Web access. It does not load the inbox, just the shortcut bar. Her account works on other PCs so it's just a PC setting. Any ideas? Thanks ...

cell reference problem #2
I am trouble with cell references in a spreadsheet. Some cells will display the cell reference rather than the value it points to. For example the cell will display =A1 as text rather than the content of that cell. What could cause this???????? thanks in advance david Hi David, First check that you have calculation turned on. Tools, Options, Calculation, automatic calculation If that is the problem and it recurs, see my slowresp to see how to spot the problem earlier. The other possibility is that you have Text formatting instead of General or a numeric format. Other things t...

Issue with slow mail on Exchange 2003
Morning, I seem to be having a problem with my Exchange 2003 box, where intermittently, the outbound email will get "stuck" for lack of a better way to put it. An email sent at 3 p.m. this afternoon sat until 4:26, when it was finally delivered, along with a bunch of other emails. Now, when this happened again tonight (been going on for about a week now), i checked the tracking logs. For an email being sent, it just stated "SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store". It wasn't for another 40 minutes that the email was finally dsubmitted to Advanced Queu...

Can't connect to Exchange server
Hello, I am having a problem configuring an account on Outlook XP. I can ping the Exchange server, both by IP address and by host name. When i try to configure the client to connect to the Exchange server I get an error saying that it could not locate the server. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled, repaired, done everything I could think off but I can not get it going. Obviously there is something I'm not doing right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rather then typin in the name of the exchange, can you connect if you use it's ip address? This sounds like a w...

X axis on 0 on Line-Column on 2 Axes
Is there a way on a Line-Column on 2 Axes chart to have the 0 value on both the bar and line axes be straight across from each other even though the bar chart is in 1,000s and the line axes is in single digits and has negative numbers? Only way I can figure is to put negative numbers in the bar axis as well. Try this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Supe" <Supe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1174954-513D-...

exporting report into Excell
When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as a date rather than a number or general. These items were created at different times. I have deleted the bin location, exited the item and the reentered the bin location to no avail. Any suggestions? Format the destination column as text and use the 'Paste Special... | Values Only' function. Also good for retaining leading zeroes. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "Sandy" wrote: > When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as > a date rather than a number...

Change file name #2
Hi, I've been searching for a solution to the following problem for more than a week. I've posted it here a couple of times, and got some good ideas, but unfortunately they did not work. The variable "myfolder1" has the correct value, followed by ".xls" as it should. I'd be very thankful if someone could find my error. This is the original question: I am new to Exel, and i cannot find my error in the following script. The error is: Run time erroro '9' Subscript out of range and it always stops on the "windows(my folder1).activate" line...

Mailbox move after Exchange 2003 upgrade
I have 3 mailservers in my domain. Before I upgraded from 2000 to 2003 I was able to move mailboxes between servers without a problem. Now when I select a mailbox to move it looks like I do not have any other exchange servers to move them to. Has anyone had this problem before. My other 2 mailservers are on Exchange 2003 and have been for some time now. ...

Lost all inbox and contacts etc when removed server #2
I found the outlook.ost file. Can I reimpost this to Outlook? Can I somehow set it or use it as the "personal data files" that the outlook dialog box requested? I dont get why I was able to access the contacts emails etc after I disconnected the exchange server BUT only after I removed the exchange server did it all disappear. Not sure how I was meant to continue this thread so I copied the previous question, comment and listed it as a new post -- hope this it ok protocol. Also someone else had recommended that I re-engage the server but it is neither listed nor frank...