Exchange replication

I run three exchange servers for the Marine Corps and we
are having three problems that seem to be related.  The
three exchange servers (Exchange 5.5, Windows NT 4.0)
handle just over 3500 users.  Due to various problems,
I've had to rebuild these servers over the past six months
a few times.  Every time we renamed the server the same
name we encountered more problems, so we created a new
name and put the server online.  Everything seems to be
working fine now except for a few small things that we
can't fix.  We had distribution lists set up on the
servers that were working fine, now after the last
rebuilding and renaming of one of the servers, email only
gets to some of the people on the list, this is after
deleting and recreating the lists and their accounts.  A
second problem is the information store for one of the
servers is not up to date.  There are only 500 mailboxes
on this server and the IS is almost 25GB.  When I look at
the mailbox resources on the IS, there are mailboxes there
that aren't in the database, ones that used to be on that
server, but have moved to another server.  I tried running
the consistency adjuster with the option to remove unknown
user accounts and that doesn't work. And the third problem
is a user shares out his calendar and users who had access
to it before his mailbox was moved to another server
cannot view the calendar, even after removing the
permissions and then adding them again.  Users who never
had access to it can view it just fine after being given
permissions.  It just seems that everything is getting
hung up on an old location.  Is there a way to force your
database and IS to constantly check that they match, I
thought that it was supposed to do this automatically?

0
Mike

Exchange 2K3 undeliverables intermittend between recipients
I have a single Exhchange 2003 Server, both sender/reciever are on the same server, same storage group, no smtp should be involved. Sender gets the following back when trying to email Bob McDonald; -----Original Message------ From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, January 31, 2005 3:45 PM To: Bob McDonald Subject: Undeliverable: Gate Planogram Your message did reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Gate Planogram Sent 1/31/2005 3:45 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached; Bob McDonald on The recipient has been deleted or has no e-mail address. end The only thin...

Exchange 5.5 Client setup
Hi We have an old Exchange 5.5 server on NT4 (all SP and relevant patches). Now when we connect up a new client at the point Outlook (2000 or 2003) checks for the user/server it says name not matched . The accounts all work when an admin account on the Server domain is used ie finds user etc ok. Also existing profiles have been getting odd errors when sending to external email addreses. Normally related to permissions denial or mapi encounterted an error please retry or restart Outlook. Recent changes are: A user accessing with XP SP2 on Outlook 2003, had problems authenticating and t...

exchange 2003 + linux ldap server
Hi All, I have two email servers ( MSexchange 2003 /w AD + linux email /w ldap address book ) in one location. Our outlook 2003 email clients connected to exchange 2003. We don't want to setup the LDAP address book in outlook. I am hoping that all the clients can search all address in the linux LDAP through exchange 2003. Can I connect exchange 2003 with linux LDAP address book ? Any ideals ? Outlook client <-> Exchange 2003 AD + Linux LDAP Thanks !!! On Thu, 16 Nov 2006 18:19:42 +0800, "elvis" <abc@abc.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >I have two email se...

Problems with Exchange across multiple domains in same forest
Hey all, hoping I can get some help here: 1. Unable to view GAL for separate domain in same forest. Full GAL shows up in ESM but not in outlook. GAL that does show will update as new users added to first domain, but not second domain obviously. 2. Unable to authenticate to exchange server from second domain when setting up exchange connection. When setting up exchange connection using a user from first domain exchange works fine. Any help appreciated! -- ____________________________________________ Scott C. Reynolds - Tales From the SharpSide http://www.scottcreynolds....

OWA for Exchange Server 5.5
Hello, Could someone please point me to a good documentation for Installing and Configuring OWA on Exchange Server 5.5 or if you have any procedures that you could send me that would be great also. Thanks in advance for your help! William http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;125329 "William Tyler" <wstyler@comcast.net> wrote in message news:2lh4o5Fcne5gU1@uni-berlin.de... > Hello, > > Could someone please point me to a good documentation for Installing and > Configuring OWA on Exchange Server 5.5 or if you have any procedures that > you c...

Converting a Exchange 2000 IS to Exchange 2003
I was tryingto convert Exchange 2000 Public IS to an Exchange 2003 Publix IS. How can I convert it and once converted how can I restore it to an Exchange 2003 Public IS? Eric Eric wrote: > I was tryingto convert Exchange 2000 Public IS to an > Exchange 2003 Publix IS. How can I convert it and once > converted how can I restore it to an Exchange 2003 Public > IS? > > Eric If you restore it to an Exchange 2003 server then the database will be upgraded to an Exchange 2003 version of the database. Or do an in-place upgrade of the Exchange 2000 server. ...

Outlook disconnected from Exchange
I have just taken over a network that has 6 workgroup computers running Win XP Home and and Server running SBS 2003. All the computer accounts are in AD and the usernames and passwords are set to the same as the client pc's. The clients can connect to the shared server folders using the usernames and passwords, but when opening Outlook (cached mode) Outlook is saying that it is disconnected from Exchange. If I run Outlook on the server, these open fine and all clients can access email via OWA, but I cannot get these to connect to Exchange. Any help on this would be grea...

Exchange 2007 OWA Signatures
Will Exchange 2007 OWA have the option to attach a SIGNATURE? We have GIF, JPG files for our users and we would like to have this through OWA. Thanks. I don't see an option to attach any kind of files into your signature, at least with the build I have. It doesn't appear that the signature options have changed much over what is offered in Exchange 2003. Of course, that could change once Beta2 comes out - don't know for sure. You can pre-register for Exchange 2007 Beta2, which I believe should be out in a few more weeks. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/beta...

Exchange Cached Mode
Hi- Is it not a good idea to have clients on the same LAN as the Exchange server run in cached mode? I know it is the default to have it on when installing Outlook 2003. Is there a way from the Exchange server to force any GAL changes to the clients if cached exchange mode is on (w/o touching every desktop)? We're going to be making some relatively large changes in the GAL and I want clients to have that info sooner than the 24 hrs it takes to have cached mode sync. Thanks, Glen "Glen" <Glen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DCCABAE-E419-4CFE-AB26...

Unable to add an alternate recipient to an exchange mailbox
I am trying to add an alternate recipient to an exchange mailbox. I am logged into a Windows2000 Server as Administrator using Exchange Server 5.5 If I try to add an alternate recipient, I get the message: You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS HELP PLEASE!!! ...

Exchange reporting/statistics
Hi all Does anybody knows if it is possible that Exchange (2003) can calculate how many e-mails that arrives in a public folder every day? Meaning if there is some kind of reporting that is available? And also if there is a way to say how many e-mails that have only been read but no other action, like forward, reply, etc. Appreciate some help here. Thanks. /ThomasO On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 09:29:56 +0800, "Thomas Olsen" <thomas_olsen44@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi all > >Does anybody knows if it is possible that Exchange (2003) can calculate how >many e-mails that...

Problems Exchange 5.5
I greet , I have problem. Situation is following: If on one of servers on which the exchange stands the user be put the X , and on different server the list distributional ( from expansion the server: any), which owner is the user the X , This in outlook user X has not right to modification users' letters. It between servers be put "directory replication" Regards Pawel On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:11:20 +0100, "P***" <prap@op.pl> wrote: >I greet , I have problem. > >Situation is following: > >If on one of servers on which the exchange stands t...

How to set exchange mailbox size limit
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_008A_01C41BDF.30CC9F70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do I set a big 3 gb mailbox for just one user in Echange 2003 Thnaks ------=_NextPart_000_008A_01C41BDF.30CC9F70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-...

Exchange and non existant addresses
I've setup a new exchange 2003 server. The client would like to have the ability to receive mail at a specific email address. He also wants any mail directed to the domain to be sent to a specific email address. So, an example would be username: jdoe@xyz.com an email address that doesn't exist in the domain: 123@xyz.com or info@xyz.com, etc. all this mail should be forwarded to jdoe@xyz.com Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks. The feature you're looking for isn't built into Exchange. Please take a look at our product MailBasketMD at http://turbogeeks.com - it does w...

Exchange Transaction logs building up
I just realized yesterday that my transaction logs for my Exchange server were building up, so I started doing some reading. I found many places that say that when you backup Exchange any log files that were included in the backup are automatically deleted for me. Great. So I did a backup of Exchange last night (I know, I should have been backing up for a long time now, please skip the lecture :))... but all of the log files are still there! I used Windows Backup to back up the Exchange server and followed the instructions in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=258243 So, why a...

Exchange 2003 SP2 Public Folder Content Expiration
I have a public folder that get a lot of mail dumped into it and many messages haven't been touched in a really long time. I know it is possible to create a content expiration policy for NNTP, but I want to automatically purge mail older then some point in time from my public folder. However, I can't find any reference on how to do it. Is it possible to create an expiration policy on public folders? If so, can someone point me in the direction on how to configure this? Bring up the Properties page for the folder in Exchange System Manager and you'll find the settin...

Outlook 2007 setup requires exchange server?
Maybe you guys can give me some advice on this issue I am having with Outlook 2007 setup. I just installed a new copy of Office 2007, the previous version was removed. The previous version was pointing to an exchange server (at my old company). I do not use an exchange server, I point pop/smtp service. When I launch Outlook, it asks for login to the exchange server, I hit cancel. Then it asks for a new exchange server. I have none to give, so I hit cancel. It then closes Outlook. In other words I have no access to outlook menus to reconfig anything. I suspect there is ...

sharing folders using Exchange and Outlook
I have a client working with Outlook 2000 and the boss has his contacts, tasks and calendar shared, so that his secretary can access to those folders and to write new events, meetings for his boss to read. They share the folder using the Microsoft Mail component on a NT 4 Server and Outlook 2000 on the clients. But now they have bought a W2003 Server with Exchange Server and Outlook 2003. What I need is to get the secretary can access to the calendar, contacts and tasks as they have been doing until now. But I don't know how to do it. I have seen they have the option of sharing folders...

ACTIVE DIRECTORY CONNECTOR upgrading to exchange 2003
I have an Exchange 2000 server running windows 2000 server (Box A) and need to migrate to an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server runing Windows 2003 (Box B). I have run the forestprep tool but when I run th edomainprep tool I receive an error telling me I need to upgrade the ADC on (BOXA). I have tried to run te Exchange 2003 ADC but it does not work. Everything I have read says you only need this if you have an exchange 5.5 server on your domain. We do not have an exchange 5.5 server on the domain but we are running windows 2000 in mix mode. Does noyoe have any suggestions. i have been...

Exchange Backup to disk backup/restore issues?
Does anyone know of any issues with regards to utilising NAS based Backup-To-Disk folders for a single server based Exchange 2003 backups and restores ? We are planning to move our current tape auto-loader to another part of our company, and are planning on backing up our server based Exchange Server to a NAS device currently on the network. Thanx Susie I have done this in a disaster recovery situation. I needed a quick backup of the store, so I ran a disk-to-disk backup to a nas device and then rebuilt the server and restore the database from there, it worked great for me. My dail...

Migrating Exchange 5.5 to 2000
I am trying to migrate Exchange Server 5.5 to 2000 which is on different physical servers. But I can't find the best way to export mail boxes from 5.5 and import into 2000. Can anyone please help me what is the best way to do this? Kenny Hi Kenny Are you joining the Exchange 2000 system to the Exchange 5.5 site, or do you simply want all of the messages to imported into mailboxes on the 2000 system. There are different ways of doing this. You can use ADMT to do this type of thing, or you can use Move Mailbox as well. You should consult the Microsoft site at http://www.microsoft.co...

Exchange/ Outlook problem -!!
Ok... here's the problem: Running Exchange 2k3 with AD 2k3 and Outlook 2k3. On another user profile on the same client machine, I can add an additional user mailbox in Outlook to view the inbox with no problems. On this particular user's profile in XP Pro, when I configure his Outlook 2k3 to add the same user mailbox, it says that "the name cannot be resolved!" I figure there must be some sort of caching going on here that it's pointed to some wrong name or something in Outlook. (keep in mind that it's working for him on another client machine with no problems) ...

Rollup for Exchange 2000 (6556.4)
I have just installed Exchange 2000 rollup (6556.4). I was wondering if this updates the build version number when patch is applied. It should. If yoyu open Exchange System Manager and click once to highlight the Servers object, in the right hand side, you will see the server name along with the version and build. You can also check in ESM by right clikcing the server name, selecting properties, and on the General Tab should be the same information. -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes ...

Can an Exchange 2003 Server be renamed ?
Hi, We have an Exchange 2003 Server I have added a new Exchange Server & moved all my mail boxes to it I have also moved all of the other services to it. I have uninstalled Exchange 2003 Server from the original server, Ran DCPROMO and remover the server from the AD. My Question is can I now rename my new Server back to the name that my origanal server had? Many Thanks Jack... Nope. If you do, the services won't start. Does it matter that much? The client Outlook profiles will have already automatically updated to reflect the new server name, so you shouldn't have any...

Exchange 2003 vs. 5.5 question
I admit I became an expert in exchange 5.5 recoveries. 3 times, had a dell server lose its RAID card and had to re-load exchange 5.5 from backups. We could do it in under 2 hours for 50+ gigs of data. My recovery plan had 15 steps - once followed, it was always successful. Is exchange 2003 as easy to recover? or harder? What do you guys/gals think? In news:11sq7gg9jkdq791@news.supernews.com, Dan J.S. <me@hyperx.com> typed: > I admit I became an expert in exchange 5.5 recoveries. 3 times, had a > dell server lose its RAID card and had to re-load exchange 5.5 from > back...