exchange question(urgent reply needed asap)

i have created an exchange email a/c in outlook at my home to test the
exchange installation at my work. but there seems to be a prb. i can't
access any of my exchange folders or even my inbox. can anyone plases help
me . this is urgent

Ibrahim

0
Ibrahim (9)

Full mapi access needs to have multiple ports open on the firewall,
including 135, and is a really bad idea. Leaves you open to far too many DoS
and DDoS attacks. For external users, set them up with imap or OWA instead.
--
hth,
SusanV

"Ibrahim@ibrahim.com" <ibrahim@ibrahim.com> wrote in message
> i have created an exchange email a/c in outlook at my home to test the
> exchange installation at my work. but there seems to be a prb. i can't
> access any of my exchange folders or even my inbox. can anyone plases help
> me . this is urgent
>
> Ibrahim

0
svanallen (210)
12/4/2003 12:50:41 PM
the reason i need to do this is because i have created some custom forms and
i need everyuone to use these forms even if they are not at office and they
need to send some mail or something like that. i have tried to set one of my
forms as teh default form for one of the public folders but to no success.
there are no proper inst on the microsoft website to do that. that is the
reason i needed to do this.

thanks

Ibrahim
"Susan VanAllen [MVP]" <svanallen@nospam-mvps.org> wrote in message
> Full mapi access needs to have multiple ports open on the firewall,
> including 135, and is a really bad idea. Leaves you open to far too many
DoS
> and DDoS attacks. For external users, set them up with imap or OWA
instead.
> --
> hth,
> SusanV
>
> "Ibrahim@ibrahim.com" <ibrahim@ibrahim.com> wrote in message
> > i have created an exchange email a/c in outlook at my home to test the
> > exchange installation at my work. but there seems to be a prb. i can't
> > access any of my exchange folders or even my inbox. can anyone plases
help
> > me . this is urgent
> >
> > Ibrahim

0
Ibrahim (9)
12/6/2003 7:10:22 AM
Then in that case, you ought to be using VPN connections.

> the reason i need to do this is because i have created some custom forms
and
> i need everyuone to use these forms even if they are not at office and
they
> need to send some mail or something like that. i have tried to set one of
my
> forms as teh default form for one of the public folders but to no success.
> there are no proper inst on the microsoft website to do that. that is the
> reason i needed to do this.
>
> thanks
>
> Ibrahim
> "Susan VanAllen [MVP]" <svanallen@nospam-mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Full mapi access needs to have multiple ports open on the firewall,
> > including 135, and is a really bad idea. Leaves you open to far too many
> DoS
> > and DDoS attacks. For external users, set them up with imap or OWA
> instead.
> > --
> > hth,
> > SusanV
> >
> > "Ibrahim@ibrahim.com" <ibrahim@ibrahim.com> wrote in message
> > > i have created an exchange email a/c in outlook at my home to test the
> > > exchange installation at my work. but there seems to be a prb. i can't
> > > access any of my exchange folders or even my inbox. can anyone plases
> help
> > > me . this is urgent
> > >
> > > Ibrahim

0
svanallen (210)

Concatenation question
I am trying to concatenate two fields and then add text in brackets to the end. Here is what I have: StaffFullName = ([Me.LastName] & ", " & [Me.FirstName] & " (Mgr)") I want the end result to be: Smith, Mary (Mgr) How do I achieve this? Thank you, Terri What you've done will work. You can also use the "+" operator if there is a possibility that there will be a missing first name: StaffFullName = ([Me.LastName] & "," & (" "+ [Me.FirstName]) & " (Mgr)") That will avoid an extra spa...

fiscal year setting question
hi. i know that the fiscal year settings get more or less set in stone, so i had a quick question before i set it for my org. in the template field, what is that used for? if i select 'quarterly', does that mean i can only run reports on a quarter basis? what if i wanted to do monthly reports? ultimately, my question is what is the 'template' field used for? thanks! Hi Jeff, Fiscal year setting must be aligned to your company's accountig policy. Fiscal year setting primarily defines sales quotas. When you set quarterly periods, you can set quarterly quotas for mem...

crm consultant needed asap

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

formatting auto replies
Does anyone know of a method that allows outlook 2k2 to format automatic replies regardless of the format of the original message? I setup this automatic response rule that replies with a template, but problem is, when replying to http clients (hotmail or yahoo), the message at the receiver's end has words totally misplaced, all over the page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

auto reply to incoming messages
SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need to have Microsoft Exchange for this to work. So i went back to my Office XP disk and tried adding it in seperately and then i tried reinstalling Office XP, and still nothing. Anyone have any suggestions, thanks! Paul "Paul" <hiltonjp1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:047CCF7C-4B62-4807-A784-238663B88EF7@microsoft.com... > SOS. I am having trouble with my Outlook 2002. I am trying to set up an "out of office assitant". It says i need ...

Moving Exchange #5

Backing Up Exchange Database

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Outlook 2003 rules question again

Troubleshooting Exchange
I'm just wanting to write some 'proof of concept' scripts relating to Exchange that would help in troubleshooting any issues. Like the Exchange connections/second, etc. Are there any other qualitative data that can be used in general troubleshooting? Marco ...

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

Outlook, Palm Pilot, and Exchange Server
I'm using Outlook with an Exchange Server (2000 Small Business). I installed the software for the Palm Pilot and now it prompts with a dialog box for the user to chose the following when they reply, forward or reply to all on an e-mail message. A Program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for (if you check the box) it gives 1, 2, 5 and 10 minutes. If you say no it lets you reply, forward, and reply to all. This is a nuisance more than ...

Migrating Exchange servers
We are in the process of migrating to a new exchange server. The issue we are having is transfering the user's outlook (xp, 2k) address book/contact list to the new server without manually having to log into everyone's computer and pointing their address books to the new server. Is there a way to do this authomatically server-side? You're moving the mailboxes, right? The user's "address book" is the Contacts folder in the mailbox. So, there's nothing extra to move. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

Time Format Question
Hello, I currently have time entered like this: 173517 90207 I need to look like this: 5:35 p.m. 9:02 a.m. I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so far. Thank you. With your values in column AA, try: =TIME(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-4),LEFT(RIGHT(A1,4),2),RIGHT(A1,2)) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Toria" wrote: > Hello, > I currently have time entered like this: > 173517 > 90207 > > I need to look like this: > 5:35 p.m. > 9:02 a.m. > > I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so fa...

Outlook Question
What causes url links not work? I'm experiencing problems with it, and cannot get them to show the URL Links. Clicking the Links doesn't help. ...

IMAP address on exchange sever #2