Exchange Public folder Limits Problem

i have a public folder that has limits set on it...I ncreased those limits,
but i'm still getting an error...How can i set the limits for email size and
force the updates..
Is there anyway i can tell the public folder has the changes applied?

thanks,
michael
0
Michael5492 (655)

Folders disapear
we recently started using Google to handle our corpoarte email and i use Outlook to view and handle my mail, i have always used sub folders to sort some incoming mail to sub folders, when we started using google i had folders already created but when i create one now i am able to set it up and create rules to sort mail and it does so but when i close outlook and go reopen it the folder is gone. Your company probably went to Google to break out of the Outlook box. Why not use the Google web site and get all the advantages of a cloud based system. "Paul" wrote: &...

Upgrade to OL2003
I just upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003. In Outlook I had a folder named "Commercial", where I stored my commercial email. Now that folder has disappeared. What the heck??? what kind of account do you use? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Imagine" <invalid@notvalid.com> wr...

How to find Exchange 2000 Public Folder path ?
Hi Everybody, We have some public folder that internet mail address enabled. Now we want to give that mail addresses to users/groups. I am able to find the alias of the folder in exchange system manager's address lists (or in ADU&C's exchange system objects) but i can not able find the real path in public folder tree. Thus i am not able to change their internet e-mail address. It is hard to check all of the public folder one by one because there are too many folders. Does anybody familiar to this problem ? Best Regards, Bayram The easyest way to find PF with some e-mail addr...

Public folder delegation with Public Folder Settings Wizard #2
I'm having a problem with the Public Folder Settings Wizard that came available after SP2 installation. In the root of the public folder I've create a folder for every department, and they can do everything within their own folder. But after SP2 installation the management of public folders is changed and the delegated administrators cannot start the public folder settings wizard. This is probably a permissions issue, does anyone know what the minimal permissions are to start the Public Folder Settings Wizard? ...

Timesheet Formula Problem
:confused: I have a number of timesheets for various departments up an running correctly. However, I am trying to change one to calculat hours over a 24 hour period where staff are on either a day rate or night rate depending on the time they start and finish. To complicat things further some staff's hours are spread over both times i.e. fro the 7 in the morning to 7 in the evening is at day rate and from 7 i the evening through to 7 in the morning is at night rate. Start time i in column R5 and finish time is in column S5 (24 hour clock format). can calculate the hours between both but ...

permissions problem removing office 2004
I'm having trouble removing Office 2004 using the Remove Office program, which tells me "You do not have permission to remove Office" and to log into the same user account that I used to install it. However, the problem is that I can't log into that user account because it has been deleted and replaced with another (which I had to do to solve another problem). Would anyone have any thoughts on how I might be able to remove it? Any help would be appreciated, thanks. susie ...

Problem placing Mail Merge Results on one page
Hello Experts, This is what I am trying to accomplish: I use Publisher to create 4 x 6 labels and I decided that I want to become more efficient. I have merged my label to an excel spreadsheet. I am grabbing data from two fields within the excel spreadsheet. I have used a filter to filter out the ones I don't want. Everything works except one thing. When it comes time to print, it print one merge result to one label. So if I have five results, it will print 5 individual labels for each merge result. I want to be able to print all five results to just one label. Is this possible? ...

Auto Delete Exchange Emails
Hi All Is it possible to delete emails coming into an exchange server based on whom the email is to? People who no longer work for us still get lots of SPAM this all goes into the admin inbox (as there inboxes have been deleted) and I would like to get rid of it Thanks in advance Richard richard.grover@imagefast.co.uk (Frog) wrote in news:8ab030b7.0411040706.38ad0057@posting.google.com: > Is it possible to delete emails coming into an exchange server based > on whom the email is to? People who no longer work for us still get > lots of SPAM this all goes into the admin inbox (as ...

Problem With Exchange Server 5.5
Is there any solution to the hanging/freezen problems I normally face with my Exchange Server 5.5. The error message is "the smtp could not be loaded, restart the system attendant service". Did you ever find a solution to this problem. I am having what appears to be the same issue. "Oloriebi" wrote: > Is there any solution to the hanging/freezen problems I normally face with my > Exchange Server 5.5. The error message is "the smtp could not be loaded, > restart the system attendant service". ...

Exchange Priv/Pub DB time stamp
Hi, I am running Exchange 55, I have today observed that the exchange private and public database files "priv.edb" and "pub.edb" have a last Accessed and modified time stamp of 28th Feb 2005. The log files have a time stamp of 3rd and 4th of May 2005 which is current date. Does this mean that the log files are not being committed to the database and if the log files are being comitted how can I verify this? Also I have a 4GB private IS and a 400MB Pub IS will I need to do an offline defrag at some point if not when is it recommended by Microsoft to do an offline de...

exchange send message warming to a new mail recieved (exchange 200
it´s any possibility sending a message to a host to advise that it has a new mail without owa or outlook opens. How the user will know it got a message without OWA or Outlook open? What is wrong with having Outlook running? bartimore wrote: > it´s any possibility sending a message to a host to advise that it has a new > mail without owa or outlook opens. Yes, you could walk over to them and ask them to start OWA or Outlook ;) -GT "bartimore" <bartimore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D6CF1FB-F105-4524-8CD9-5FE5A8E659AB@microsoft.com.....

Exchange 2003 public folder permissions
In the exchange system manager (even on the server) we cannot make any changes to the public folders When you right click on them you get an access denied. I have made changes to the permission up one level with no success Any ideas on how to reset the permissions. ...

GAL Exporter
IMI GAL Exporter for MS Exchange Server is small utility for Exchange Admin to export GAL (Global Access List) to MS Access 2000 table. Key Benefits a.. Obtain information about all the mailboxes on a MS Exchange Server 5.x or/and MS Exchange Server 2000 b.. User can select more of Mailbox, Distribution List, Custom Recipient properties from any Recipient container in Organization Tree and export it. The add-on named "IMI GAL Exporter - Console Application" is available . With this add-on (which is totally independent application), most MS-Exchange administrators can to autom...

Account Lookup Column limit?
When I try to add an existing sub account to an active account, the account lookup windows pops up with a very generic error in the left hand pane. In the event log on the server is this message: Exception information: Exception type: IndexOutOfRangeException Exception message: You have exceeded the maximum number of allowable lookup columns. I have not been able to find information anywhere on what the limit is for this. Anyone know? Thanks for your time, Eric how many columns do you want ???????? Eric wrote: > When I try to add an existing sub account to an active acco...

Y Axis Scale Problem
Hello. I'm making a chart that shows me the times between entries in another worksheet. Thusfar everything works find but I noticed that there is the occational drought of entries and the time goes from averaging around fifteen minutes to a couple of hours. Especially during lunch. Is there a way I can get the Y axis to increase the Major unit the higher in the scale a point is. Something where I can have on hour take up half the total Y axis and the second hour take up another half or third and so on so I can put a nine hour workday on the scale and still have everything look ...

Configuration and stdole32.tlb problem
My OS is Win Vista Ultimate 64x and I have Windows Office 2007 Pro. When I open Excel a configure window pops up and takes several minutes (4 to 5 minutes) before the program opens. Each time I open Excel it goes through the same procedure. Frustrating!!!! Then a window pops up and all it says is stdole32.tlb .. I click OK and the program starts. Too often, for no reason the program freezes and dims out. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Pivot table Limits?
I have a pivot table that was created by another user. It is keyed off a generator field that has a three character identifier in it. I should be picking up six of these generators but I am only picking up five. When I change one of the records at the top to the missing generator, I pick that record up but if I move one of the records to the bottom, I lose that record. Is there a limitation on how many rows a pivot table can use or is it limited when it's created? -- RLR The following MSKB articles outline PivotTable limitations for different versions of Excel: XL2000: Limits of P...

Replace Exchange Server #2
I need to replace my Exchange Server. What's the best way to do this? Is there a way that I can do this and still maintain the name of my current server on the new server (obviously not at the same time). Andy On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 08:29:02 -0700, Andy Siegel <AndySiegel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to replace my Exchange Server. What's the best way to do this? Is >there a way that I can do this and still maintain the name of my current >server on the new server (obviously not at the same time). > >Andy Replace it with what? I am actually...

Save Sent Items on Personal Folder
I have created a Personal folder and configure the delivery of email into Mailbox, i have just to move the important emails on my Personal Folder so that i can easily manage my email and to avoid Mailbox reaches the maximum size.The problem is how can i automatically save sent emails in my Personal Folders - Sent Items folder? I have try created a rule but it seems the rule does not allow to save to the other folder (Personal Folder). Any idea on how can i solve this? Carl <carlmichaelburgos@yahoo.com> wrote: > The problem is how can i > automatically save sent emails in my Pe...

How to identify a mail item from a public folder in MS Outlook
Hi, I have developed an application which read mails from a user selected folder of MS Outlook. Following is a code sample. loOutlookSession = CREATEOBJECT("OutLook.Application") loNameSpace = loOutlookSession.GetNameSpace("MAPI") loMailFolder = loNameSpace.PickFolder() IF loMailFolder.DefaultItemType = 0 ** This is a folder with mail items ENDIF This works fine as long as a mail folder is selected but if the user selects a public folder it does not imports its mails as the public folder's DefaultItemType property returns 6. I noticed that these...

Exchange SP 4
I created a folder on c: on my server and copied sp4_550i to it and then unpacked the files then installed this part of the SP. Can I now delete the unpacked folders? It takes up 49.7MB and I need the space. Thanks, Diane The full path is c:\exchange sp4\sp4_550i\eng\server\setup\i386 Hi Diane, If you have already installed the service pack, then you should be fine to delete that unpacked folder. Should you ever need to reinstall the service pack for any reason, I would keep the sp4_550i file around. Hope this helps! -- Randy Campbell Microsoft PSS Please do not send email direc...

Dmax problem 01-29-08
I have a control called txtrefnbr which I want to be populated by the next number from a table tblcompnbrs providing the value of txtcd1retd is not null I have this in the control source =IIf(IsNull([txtcd1retd])," ",Nz(DMax("[txtnextnbr]","tblcompnbrs"),0)+1) So if [txtcd1retd] is null the value of txtrefnbr is null, if [txtcd1retd] is not null I want to use the next number from the next value of txtnextnbr from the table tblcompnbrs. However all my numbers are 1 and the value of txtnextnbr is not changing. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Tony Tony You me...

Running Exchange 2000 in a 2003 Domain
We have a windows 2000 domain running MS Exchange 2000. We are looking at upgrading our 2000 domain to Windows 2003 SP1. Are there any issues of running Exchange 2000 within a Windows 2003 AD domain? Thanks, James Exchange 2000 will work with Windows Server 2003 AD. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "James" <james.izzard@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1144076129.488604.46870@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > We have a windows 2000 domain running MS Exchange 2000. We are looking > at upg...

Restrict access to folder in outlook
I have a situation where in multiple users have Full mailbox rights on a common mailbox, however each of these users want to create a folder in outlook and want to restrict access to others or may be share rights with some of the people but not all. I tried by setting the permission to None on the newly created folder from outlook but this did not restrict access as these accounts have full mailbox rights. Is it possible to meet this requirement ? if so How ? On 23 Mar 2007 04:51:40 -0700, cs.lingaraju@googlemail.com wrote: >I have a situation where in multiple users have Full mailbox ...

any way to get a Public folder Calendar to show in Calendar lists?
Hi all, having users that it would be far easier if I could set up so that a Public Folder calendar shows up in their Calendars list in Calendar view in Outlook 2003. Is there any way to do this? TIA - Dodge On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:14:02 -0800, "Dodge" <Dodge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, having users that it would be far easier if I could set up so that a >Public Folder calendar shows up in their Calendars list in Calendar view in >Outlook 2003. Is there any way to do this? TIA - Dodge Choose "OPen a Shared Calendar" in Outlook. Browse to ...