Exchange problems after reboot

Hello!

I'm having trouble with Exchange 2003 (Ex2003 SP2 running on Windows Server 
2003 SP).

Every time after reboot Exchange don't start correctly. I have a "8231 
MSExchangeAL" and "8247 MSExchangeAL" errors in application log. Also the 
Exchange Information Store fails during startup and the Exchante MTA Stacks 
too.  After reboot when I log on to server I can start those two services 
manualy and everything runs fine, so I'm little (or  much) confused.

I didn't have problems with reboots before.

I have checked KB 27529, KB 286356 and few others and everything seems fine 
but the Exchange still has the same trouble starting after I reboot the 
server.

Any ideas where to look next?

Thanks

Nikolas 


0
uidoo12 (1)
11/14/2005 3:32:26 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

3 Replies
635 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 24

After applying SP1, I have 8231, 8213 and 1005 errors.  I also have the 
symptoms with the services.  Works OK after starting manually.
---------------- Event Log Stuff
Post SP1 problems:

Event log errors shown:

A burst of these Every 4 hours: about 133 times in a few minutes every 4 hours
8213
Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=System 
Policies,CN=RFD,CN=Microsoft 
Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=rfdhq,DC=rfdinc,DC=com':'MAD.EXE', 
error=80040103.  Taking provider offline.   

 

One of these every 25 minutes: 8213
System Attendant Service failed to create session for virtual machine EXCH. 
The error number is 0xc103073a. 

Occurences of 1005 error:

Unexpected error An operations error occurred. Facility: LDAP Provider ID 
no: 80072020 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant  occurred. 





 



-- 
Ray H. Gay
Exchange Admin
RFD & Associates, Inc.


"haja" wrote:

> Hello!
> 
> I'm having trouble with Exchange 2003 (Ex2003 SP2 running on Windows Server 
> 2003 SP).
> 
> Every time after reboot Exchange don't start correctly. I have a "8231 
> MSExchangeAL" and "8247 MSExchangeAL" errors in application log. Also the 
> Exchange Information Store fails during startup and the Exchante MTA Stacks 
> too.  After reboot when I log on to server I can start those two services 
> manualy and everything runs fine, so I'm little (or  much) confused.
> 
> I didn't have problems with reboots before.
> 
> I have checked KB 27529, KB 286356 and few others and everything seems fine 
> but the Exchange still has the same trouble starting after I reboot the 
> server.
> 
> Any ideas where to look next?
> 
> Thanks
> 
> Nikolas 
> 
> 
> 
0
rgay (17)
12/1/2005 8:17:04 PM
Checked with ADSIEdit per Robert's post under 8213 errors.  None of those 
things are present so I assume it is not a mixed mode confusion.

Also, now I cannot create a new user mailbox.  I'll post that separately.  
About ready to blow it away and reinstall since SP2 cannot be backed out.

Any ideas.
-- 
Ray H. Gay
Exchange Admin
RFD & Associates, Inc.


"Ray Gay" wrote:

> After applying SP1, I have 8231, 8213 and 1005 errors.  I also have the 
> symptoms with the services.  Works OK after starting manually.
> ---------------- Event Log Stuff
> Post SP1 problems:
> 
> Event log errors shown:
> 
> A burst of these Every 4 hours: about 133 times in a few minutes every 4 hours
> 8213
> Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=System 
> Policies,CN=RFD,CN=Microsoft 
> Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=rfdhq,DC=rfdinc,DC=com':'MAD.EXE', 
> error=80040103.  Taking provider offline.   
> 
>  
> 
> One of these every 25 minutes: 8213
> System Attendant Service failed to create session for virtual machine EXCH. 
> The error number is 0xc103073a. 
> 
> Occurences of 1005 error:
> 
> Unexpected error An operations error occurred. Facility: LDAP Provider ID 
> no: 80072020 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant  occurred. 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>  
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Ray H. Gay
> Exchange Admin
> RFD & Associates, Inc.
> 
> 
> "haja" wrote:
> 
> > Hello!
> > 
> > I'm having trouble with Exchange 2003 (Ex2003 SP2 running on Windows Server 
> > 2003 SP).
> > 
> > Every time after reboot Exchange don't start correctly. I have a "8231 
> > MSExchangeAL" and "8247 MSExchangeAL" errors in application log. Also the 
> > Exchange Information Store fails during startup and the Exchante MTA Stacks 
> > too.  After reboot when I log on to server I can start those two services 
> > manualy and everything runs fine, so I'm little (or  much) confused.
> > 
> > I didn't have problems with reboots before.
> > 
> > I have checked KB 27529, KB 286356 and few others and everything seems fine 
> > but the Exchange still has the same trouble starting after I reboot the 
> > server.
> > 
> > Any ideas where to look next?
> > 
> > Thanks
> > 
> > Nikolas 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
rgay (17)
12/5/2005 4:17:02 PM
Problem fixed.  DNS srv records were not all there due to NIC configuration 
on DC.  Fixed NIC, reregistered DNS, then all OK.

-- 
Ray H. Gay
Exchange Admin
RFD & Associates, Inc.


"Ray Gay" wrote:

> Checked with ADSIEdit per Robert's post under 8213 errors.  None of those 
> things are present so I assume it is not a mixed mode confusion.
> 
> Also, now I cannot create a new user mailbox.  I'll post that separately.  
> About ready to blow it away and reinstall since SP2 cannot be backed out.
> 
> Any ideas.
> -- 
> Ray H. Gay
> Exchange Admin
> RFD & Associates, Inc.
> 
> 
> "Ray Gay" wrote:
> 
> > After applying SP1, I have 8231, 8213 and 1005 errors.  I also have the 
> > symptoms with the services.  Works OK after starting manually.
> > ---------------- Event Log Stuff
> > Post SP1 problems:
> > 
> > Event log errors shown:
> > 
> > A burst of these Every 4 hours: about 133 times in a few minutes every 4 hours
> > 8213
> > Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=System 
> > Policies,CN=RFD,CN=Microsoft 
> > Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=rfdhq,DC=rfdinc,DC=com':'MAD.EXE', 
> > error=80040103.  Taking provider offline.   
> > 
> >  
> > 
> > One of these every 25 minutes: 8213
> > System Attendant Service failed to create session for virtual machine EXCH. 
> > The error number is 0xc103073a. 
> > 
> > Occurences of 1005 error:
> > 
> > Unexpected error An operations error occurred. Facility: LDAP Provider ID 
> > no: 80072020 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant  occurred. 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> >  
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > -- 
> > Ray H. Gay
> > Exchange Admin
> > RFD & Associates, Inc.
> > 
> > 
> > "haja" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hello!
> > > 
> > > I'm having trouble with Exchange 2003 (Ex2003 SP2 running on Windows Server 
> > > 2003 SP).
> > > 
> > > Every time after reboot Exchange don't start correctly. I have a "8231 
> > > MSExchangeAL" and "8247 MSExchangeAL" errors in application log. Also the 
> > > Exchange Information Store fails during startup and the Exchante MTA Stacks 
> > > too.  After reboot when I log on to server I can start those two services 
> > > manualy and everything runs fine, so I'm little (or  much) confused.
> > > 
> > > I didn't have problems with reboots before.
> > > 
> > > I have checked KB 27529, KB 286356 and few others and everything seems fine 
> > > but the Exchange still has the same trouble starting after I reboot the 
> > > server.
> > > 
> > > Any ideas where to look next?
> > > 
> > > Thanks
> > > 
> > > Nikolas 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
0
rgay (17)
12/13/2005 5:46:06 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Icalendar format in exchange 2003
In our company we have 2 mailservers, a Exchange 2003 and a lotus domino R5.(the are setup in coexistance) When people who are on exchange send a outlook meeting request to a person on the notes server (all users are using outlook as client, no notes client!) the buttons accept, decline, reject don't appear in the meeting request. I know that normally exchange 2003 converts automaticly meeting requests send to the internet to icalendar format. But It seems that the exchange server forwards the meeting request to Notes without converting to Icalendar format. When I manualy select...

Migration from Groupwise 5.5 to Exchange 2003
Hi, Can anyone point me in the right direction for tips and tricks on doing this migration. Thanks Marc http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/interop/GroupWise.asp Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server www.workthin.com Please try the follwin links below. If 2003 information is scarce I would look at what it says for 2000 version of Exchange. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/interop/GroupWise.asp http://www.ftponline.com/wss/2003_06/magazine/departments/productroundup/ "Marc jacobs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e...

Problem with calendar
We have IS status meeting every week and it is scheduled in Outlook. It is only two of us and I was invited and accepted the meeting. There is a Word document that I prepare and print 2 copies for each of us. The idea is to keep the word document attached to every meeting with corresponding content. We also keep the hard copy. I don't want to change the document on my computer and then attach it to the meeting. I would like to attach it to the first meeting and then keep adding things to it on every future meeting. I have tested it, but once you change it is the same for future and past me...

Sorting Data by date problem
Dear All, I have a bit of a problem sorting data but I feel it should be simple, but I cannot find a way to do it :-) What i want to achieve is to sort rows of data by date but insert blank rows into the data at various points. These points would be if the data is more than 15 days old and more than 5 days old. Therefore it would look like this Dates over 15 Days (list of dates in order of more than 15 days ago but not less than 5 days ago) Dates over 5 Days (list of dates over 5 days old) Dates OK (Dates up to 5 days old) Some of the dates used are Future dates and would be in the bo...

More importing problems #2
I am getting an error when I try to import data from my bank. It reads: "A transaction in the QIF file has a date that could not be resolved and therefore was not recorded into your Money file. Check your Regional Settings in the Windows Control Panel to make sure they match the date format of the QIF file, and then try importing the file again." Please help. Thanks! ...

Configuring Exchange to Receive Mail from Multiple Domains
I am running win 2000 server and exhange 2000. We just got a new domain for a merging company so I have to have both domains work at the same time. I used KB 268838. It worked at first, but then I tried to make the new domain as primary. Now I can get email to come into either domain. I have reset the original back as the primary and deleted the other domain still doesn't work. I have even created a new receipent policy. I am doing the through exchange system manager. Any help would be greatly appreciated. inline ... -- David Sengupta M.T.S., B.Sc., MCSE, Exchange MVP, CC...

80070005 error using Message Tracking Centre Exchange 2003
Hi, I notice 2 other posts with the same issue, yet no solution has been provided as of yet. On exchange 2003 running on SBS standard edition 2003, when trying to run a query in the message tracking, the following messagebox appears: Access is Denied Facility: ID no. 80070005 Win32 Exchange System Manager Access is Denied This is a new error, previous to last 2 weeks the message tracking has been working fine. No changes have been made to the system. Any help much appreciated, Regards, Will ...

Having problems with printing as abooklet.
I'm having a massive problem with my copy of Publisher. When I go to print preview, the pages appear in the wrong order, some pictures on the wrong pages. This might be because it is set on landscape booklet (half A4 per page), but that doesn't explain why it is malfunctioning. I also printed out a test copy, and there was exactly the same problem with the printed version. Please help, my History project is due in tomorrow! Print a copy of your booklet and assemble and fold. I believe you will find it to be correct. "BowserMarkII" <BowserMarkII@discussions.microsoft...

Moving the Exchange data and log files.
I got the paper that tells how to move the Exchange data and log files. The directory I created is D:\Exchsrvr\MDBdata. The paper says to set up a number of permissions for System, Administration and other users. However, no mention is made of the Everyone user. I decided to remove that user, but the security wizard complained that I would break inheritance rules for that folder and all progeny. So, I decided to just set Deny on all the capabilities. The security wizard than said that no user could access the folder as the Everyone deny is applied first, so I backed out of...

Filter rules not visible for Address Lists on Exchange 2003 ESM
Under Exchange System Manager, when I display the properties of the default address lists including the default global address list , the filter rules properties are not visible. In other words, if I select the properties of the 'Default Global Address List' , on the General tab, I should see the LDAP filter rules under the Description field. Instead there is nothing. I also have the same problem with the RUS properties. There are no attribute parameters. Additionally, when I try to create a new address list, I get (Invalid argument, ID no 80070057). All of the current address l...

custom toolbar problem
I have created a custom toolbar. And attached it to the document. Through customize>attach>attach toolbars And wrote vba code. and assigned buttons to the code. However when I send the document to someone else, they see the custom toolbar. but there are no buttons on it. I am thinking this is something easy. which I just don't see. anyone know this problem? thanks Greg, My customary advice it to create and destroy the commandbar through code using the workbook's open and close events. See below. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP In the workbook's Thisworkbook object code m...

problem viewing 'items to review' in register
I just imported my credit card statement as I have for years. When looking at the register, the right navigation bar has the text "Items to Review (126)", but none of the imported transactions appear in the register. Help told me to repair the money file and empty the temporary internet files. Neither fixed the problem. Downloading trasactions to other accounts work fine. Anyone have an idea how to fix? Thanks derrick In microsoft.public.money, Derrick wrote: >I just imported my credit card statement as I have for years. When looking >at the register, the right...

M2006 transaction match problem
Hi, Every few weeks, my money file gets into a strange state where the only transactions that are presented to be matched are in the future (today's date or greater). The kicker is that no matches actually can be performed performed - the "Done" button that performs it doesn't work. After I repair the file, the problem goes away for another few weeks. I have been unable to predict when this will happen. Anyone else experience this? Is this a known problem. -- John Yes! I have been running Money 06 for a few weeks now. A couple of days ago I tried matching ...

IThemePreview problem
Hi all, I'm trying to display preview of XP themes with the help of IThemePreview interface (in themeui.dll). This interface uses this function procedure CreatePreview( var hwndParent: _RemotableHandl; dwFlags: LongWord; dwStyle: LongWord; dwExStyle: LongWord; x: SYSINT; y: SYSINT; nWidth: SYSINT; nHeight: SYSINT; const pPropertyBag: IPropertyBag; dwCtrlID: LongWord); dispid 651; This function is *absolutely* undocumented (no info in Google or MSDN). Can anyone help! Thanks! Regards, Neil ...

Exchange 5.5 Recovery #2
I just want to verify what steps are needed to recover a Exchange 5.5 server with multiple sites. Do I re-install Exchange on the new server and create a new site (same Domain, Site and Server name) not join an existing site? Then do a restore of the stores and directory? I have done recoveries in the past in a single site scenario but not one with multiple sites. Please advice! Thanks if you're talking about a recovery server, yes, you create a new site (do not join existing site), but do not restore the directory...no need...restore only the Stores, then run the DS/IS consistency c...

Memory problems in publisher
Hi, we have "publisher does not have enough memory to load graphics or embedded objetcs", we have tried to solve this problems with Q262855,Q198256; we have 512MB RAM Windows XP, Publisher 2000 sp3;we have tried another hardware and fresh installacion with 1 GB Ram. Also in NT publisher 2000 does not show this problem, when we migrate to XP the problem began, do you know if XP manage different the memory and is a bug of the O.S? Have you changed printers? Did you install an XP printer driver? Publisher saves all printer information within the publication. Try opening the file ...

Totally lost...Retrieving XML from WebRequest/Response..problems
Hi All I post a WebRequest, and the response is supposed to be delivered in XML format. posting the request in the browser address bar does return it.. ie <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?> ' <!DOCTYPE homearea (View Source for full doctype...)> '- <homearea base="http://webedu.its.uct.ac.za:80" top_bar_background="#51657b" top_bar_title="#ffffff" ................................................................. .......................................... </homearea> I Using the following Dim...

i have a problem
Im using the randbetween function for my course work, but evertime i do something, it keeps auto calculating, is there any way to turn this off. Thx --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Raja_x RANDBETWEEN is a volatile function that recalculates each time the Worksheet recalculates. Having generated a random number, it sounds like you want to fix it. Select it (or the range containing random numbers) Copy Edit > Paste Special > Values OK -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications...

Print Problems with Live Mail and/or IE8
For some reason MSFT screwed up the printing engine (in IE8?) about a month ago where certain complex emails get the right margin cropped. I have posted along with others and have not gotten much of a response. I did submit the problem to MSFT several weeks ago and have not had any positive feedback. However in the meantime, I did find a solution - switch to Thunderbird. It prints the emails I'm having problems with correctly. It may not be as pretty as WLM but it works. I guess as long as MSFT is forcing me to learn Quicken after nineteen years of using Money I might a...

Stange Error when Launching Exchange Management Console
Hello everyone, Whenever I log on to my Exchange server as Administrator and launch the management console I get a strange message from the console that says: Active Directory server exchange.myserver.org is not available. Error message: A local error occured. It was running command 'get-recipient -ResultSize '1000' -SortBy 'DisplayName' -RecipientTable 'UserMailbox'. However, if I log on to the server as any other user rather than Administrator and then use the console I do not get that message. What would cause this issue with just the administrator? Th...

Language problem with E-mail Router
Hello, For some reason, e-mails does not get routed to users with language-specific characters in thier Exchange username. Is there a way to fix this? I really need a fix before I can roll out the CRM in our company. Thanks in advance! -- Best Regards, Kenneth Solberg Tape International AS ...

SMTP Mail Sending Problem Windows 7
Hi, I am using SMTPClient class for sending mail from my C# application. I have successfully sent mail in local area or outside of the domain. But, i met a strange problem. When i send the mail to the client who uses Windows 7 he cannot receive the mail, although exchange server tells me "it has delivered". I worked on it and i found a silly case. When i set MailPriority.High the client receives the mail. If i do not set the mail priority to high, the client does not receive the mail. Can Anyone tell me what is the problem, or has anybody met a problem as simi...

Excel VBA
hello, I tried to add a menu item under Tools menu item according to the Add-In example in "Microsoft Office Excel 2003 Bible" book, chapter 40, "Creating Custom Excel Add-Ins". And yes, I use Office 2003 Standard. I got the Add-In working as a macro - that is, a new form appears having various checkboxes for different settings (e.g. gridlines on/off, row/column headers on/off etc.). And these are working, too. However, using the following Sub does not work = the Toggle Settings... menu item does not appear under Tools menu item. Additionally, now my Tools menu ite...

Arial Black Problem
Hi, I was working with Publisher 2003. Everything worked fine. But suddenly, the Arial Black font turned Italic by no known reason. I clicked the Italic font button but nothing happened. So, I opened Word 2003. the Arial Black in Word was ok. How do I make the font back to normal (not Italic)? Would you help me to fix this font problem please? Thanks! Arial Black doesn't have a native italic file. Publisher will faux italic. Can you high-light the text change it to some other font, turn off italics and then change it back to Arial Black? Does that work? -- Mary Sauer http://msa...

Owa problem with attachments
We have 100 users/computers, all using Owa2003. Every pc has win2000 uk sp4 and all patches etc (we use SUSE). Internet Explorer, latest version. Network rights etc should be the same, we use group policy. About 1/4 or 1/5 of the computers has this problem: when opening an attachment owa requires the username and pwd again when pressing cancel two times the attachment opens any way this occurs every time with these problem computers it does not matter what type the attachment is What to do about this ? Ps. About 20 computers use Terminal Services -session. None of these users has the pr...