Exchange Permissions #3

We have a forest with accounts in the root domain and exchange servers in the
child domains.  There is no exchange server in the root domain.  We have
setup a group with permissions to set user mailboxes.  According to a doc I
read the user setting the mailboxes must still have full exchange rights in
the exchange admin group.  Currently admin can set mailboxes in admin groups
they have only view rights delegated to them.  Any ideas why this is?

The second issue is we had a non admin user run forest prep and somehow was
delegated full exchange admin rights over the exchange organization.  How is
this possible?  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mark
0
mark564 (750)

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Exchange in SBS2003 R2

Delegates for SBS2003 Exchange

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Microsoft Exchange Server

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Hyperlink problem #3

Outlook Client #3

Rounding Numbers #3

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

SetWindowsHookEx #3
Hi there. Could someone explane to me what is the purpose of dwThreadId, the last member of SetWindowsHookEx function? I've expected that this is a thread id with which hooks is associated. That means that hook is getting only messages produced by this particular thread. But it looks like I'm getting system wide messages anyway. so could somone make it clear for me? In fact I need to process a mesages of only one window. I know the thread id of that window. But! this thread is not in my process! And I don't want a real system wide hook because it slows down the box. Ok, I think ...

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

Exchange database forensic
I would like to know if I can with vbscript, and WMI access an exchange database and search for a specific string in either the subject field or the body? I would also like to know if I use exmerge to extract to a PST then use a script or command line tool to find a string in the message of subject or in the body I would also be interested in third party software vendors that can offer this functionality Please include a link if one is available for reference Thank you, John You might want to see if exmerge alone will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328202/en-u...

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...

Outlook will not run in Cached Exchange mode
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C68E30.831A2160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Having a problem running outlook offline. I can't. I keep getting an = error that outlook was unable to open my .ost file when I try to run = outlook while not connected to my exchange server. So I set Outlook not = to run in cached mode, deleted my .ost file, reset outlook to work in = cached mode. Outlook creates the ost file, but still every time I try to = run outlook offline, I get the same erro...

Exchange 2007 CCR after reseeding storage group copies
We have an Exchange 2007 CCR cluster that sits on two Windows Server 2008 Enterprise nodes. Due to problems with one node, I evicted it from the cluster and rebuilt it, reinstalling Exchange using the custom / install passive node setup. I used 'Update Storage Group Copy' (with the option selected to 'Delete any existing log files in the target path') to reseed the active databses. It seemed to go OK, and the storage groups status in the Database Management window became 'healthy'. However, when I tried to move the clustered mailbox server on to the new node f...