Exchange OWA Conditions Page

Hi, I'm a little knew to exchange.  About a year ago someone that is no
longer here created OWA for all of employees to use.  When we open up OWA is
works, but we would like a "Terms and Conditions" type page with interaction
from the user of "ok" or "cancel" before the users sign in.  Is something
like this possible?  We are currently running Exchange 2003 Standard Server.

Thanks in advance!
0
John1063 (943)

John wrote:
> Hi, I'm a little knew to exchange.  About a year ago someone that is no
> longer here created OWA for all of employees to use.  When we open up OWA is
> works, but we would like a "Terms and Conditions" type page with interaction
> from the user of "ok" or "cancel" before the users sign in.  Is something
> like this possible?  We are currently running Exchange 2003 Standard Server.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Anything is possible.

Create a html page with the content you want, put two buttons one says
I aggree and the other is I do not agree, if the I agree button is
pressed the html will redirect your to the URL of your login page. If
the user hits cancel you can send him to your companies main website
URL. Now programming HTML is not for me so you will have to ask
elsewhere.

0
chad5637 (33)
9/6/2006 8:57:20 PM
John wrote:
> Hi, I'm a little knew to exchange.  About a year ago someone that is no
> longer here created OWA for all of employees to use.  When we open up OWA is
> works, but we would like a "Terms and Conditions" type page with interaction
> from the user of "ok" or "cancel" before the users sign in.  Is something
> like this possible?  We are currently running Exchange 2003 Standard Server.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Anything is possible.

Create a html page with the content you want, put two buttons one says
I aggree and the other is I do not agree, if the I agree button is
pressed the html will redirect your to the URL of your login page. If
the user hits cancel you can send him to your companies main website
URL. Now programming HTML is not for me so you will have to ask
elsewhere.

0
chad5637 (33)
9/6/2006 8:57:22 PM
We've created the html page, but we are unsure on where to put the page.  The
page has a Cancel button, which takes them to another website and we have a
OK button, that takes them no where right now.  This should point to the
login screen, but our login screen is a popup and we can't see a url address
for it.  Thanks again!

"Chad Mahoney" wrote:

> John wrote:
> > Hi, I'm a little knew to exchange.  About a year ago someone that is no
> > longer here created OWA for all of employees to use.  When we open up OWA is
> > works, but we would like a "Terms and Conditions" type page with interaction
> > from the user of "ok" or "cancel" before the users sign in.  Is something
> > like this possible?  We are currently running Exchange 2003 Standard Server.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
>
> Anything is possible.
>
> Create a html page with the content you want, put two buttons one says
> I aggree and the other is I do not agree, if the I agree button is
> pressed the html will redirect your to the URL of your login page. If
> the user hits cancel you can send him to your companies main website
> URL. Now programming HTML is not for me so you will have to ask
> elsewhere.

0
John1063 (943)
9/7/2006 4:03:02 PM
John wrote:
> We've created the html page, but we are unsure on where to put the page.  The
> page has a Cancel button, which takes them to another website and we have a
> OK button, that takes them no where right now.  This should point to the
> login screen, but our login screen is a popup and we can't see a url address
> for it.  Thanks again!
>
> "Chad Mahoney" wrote:
>

> > John wrote:
> > > Hi, I'm a little knew to exchange.  About a year ago someone that is no
> > > longer here created OWA for all of employees to use.  When we open up OWA is
> > > works, but we would like a "Terms and Conditions" type page with interaction
> > > from the user of "ok" or "cancel" before the users sign in.  Is something
> > > like this possible?  We are currently running Exchange 2003 Standard Server.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Anything is possible.
> >
> > Create a html page with the content you want, put two buttons one says
> > I aggree and the other is I do not agree, if the I agree button is
> > pressed the html will redirect your to the URL of your login page. If
> > the user hits cancel you can send him to your companies main website
> > URL. Now programming HTML is not for me so you will have to ask
> > elsewhere.

I would suggest implementing
http://www.petri.co.il/configuring_forms_based_authentication_in_exchange_2003.htm

beyond that the URL would be http/s/://myoutsideipforexchange/exchange

0
chad5637 (33)

IIF Condition
What is wrong with my iif condition below. =IIF([text87]< 0,"0",[text87]) Access is giving me the following error message. You omitted an operand or operator , You entered an invalid character or comma, or you entered text without surrounding it in quotation marks. Please help me find the problem. Thanks. Is the value in text87 a number type or is it text that consists of numbers. You can try the following variants to see if they work. =IIF([text87]< "0","0",[text87]) or =IIF(Val([text87])< 0,"0",[text87]) John Sp...

The Microsoft Exchange Information Store Won't Start
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 4294966746 Running on Backoffice 4.5 Server Exchange 5.5 build 2653.23 sp4 well this is a jet level error...4294966746 -551 0xFFFFFDD9 JET_errConsistentTimeMismatch I would start by running eseutil /mh against the priv.edb and pub.edb to see if they are consistent or not. Depending on the outcome of this you may need to either restore from backup or repair. Let me know what the outcome is of the header dump. 812597 XADM: HOW TO: Interpret Eseutil /m Dump Headers -- Tyrone Cowart Microsoft PSS Pl...

Conditional Formatting with Style
Worksheet 1 has a dropdown list that uses a lookup function to retrieve data from Worksheet 2. There is one graph in Worksheet 1 that is based on the numbers retrieved. The problem we have is that the numbers in Worksheet 2 can be dollars or percentages or numbers. The graph on Worksheet 1 will always reflect the formatting that is in Worksheet 1, of course...so it needs to be changed manually when the dropdown choice changes from a dollar field to a percentage field, from number to dollar, etc. I've tried conditional formatting, but I don't think you can use it with Style. I'...

Server 2003 SMTP server and Exchange
Hi, My first posting: I've a windows 2003 server running the built in SMTP server for use with Coldfusion and various backend systems that need to send out emails - personnel, academic registry etc. We have a new Exchange server in place, replacing another email system whose relaying was either on or off. My problem is that I can't get the SMTP server to relay through exchange; the IP of the SMTP server is set up as a relay-allowed system. What do I need to do get this working? Thanks, Bob Need more details regarding your setup. "webman" <bob@revalia.co.uk> wr...

POP3 using Exchange 2003
I am trying to allow a user to access his Exchange 2003 mailbox off-site using POP3 via Outlook 2003. After clicking “Test Account Settings”, all the items pass except “Log onto the incoming mail server”. The machine Administrator account, however, completes all items successfully. Even users created using the Administrator template are not able to log on; only the built-in Administrator account. All users have POP3 enabled on the “Exchange Features” tab. How can I allow my other users to access POP3? Thanks! ...

Running defrag with eseutil.exe on Exchange 5.5
I've got a private information store (priv.edb) in Exchange 5.5 that has reached 16GB in size and the information store will not start. From reading Knowledgebase articles I understand that the store has reached its maximum size. I've run eseutil.exe /d /ispriv on the information store and here's whats happening: 1. On the first pass, the information store's size decreased by 170MB. I used Exchange administrator to identify the mailboxes that were using space and I started having those users move their email messages to a PST file. We moved about 1 - 2 GB of email ...

Exchange 2007 "Legacy" mailboxs on NEW users
Everything is fine with the Exchange 2007 server added to our network that also l has Exchange 2003 running on the SRV2003 domain controller. <except> When we create a new account and specifiy a new mailbox on Exchange 2007, the mailbox is created on Ex2007 but is marked as a Legacy mailbox. It can be fixed by moving it to Ex2003, then back to Ex2007 after waiting for the cleanup period between the two moves. How do you create the new mailbox? Using Exchange 2007 console/shell? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog -----...

Page numbering
I have a workbook that has three tabs. I update the workbook throughout the month, adding the previous day's data, analysis, and comments to what is already there. I print the entire workbook each day and distribute hard copies throughout the organization. I need to have all of the pages distributed daily sequentially numbered. The first day, each tab will generate one page, so the page numbers will be 1, 2, and 3. But each tab grows dynamically throughout the month so that in the middle of the month, tab one may generate the first five pages, the second tab may generate the ne...

DNS UDP Errors on Exchange
I am running Exchange 2003 on a Win2k3 box. The Exchange server is an AD controller but does not run DNS. I have two Win2k3 AD controllers with integrated DNS on the same subnet. Recently I have been seeing the following error in the Exchange system log. I'm confused because the KB articles I've read state that in Exchange 2003 smtp is set to use TCP for DNS queries rather than UDP. Can anyone tell me why this error is showing up? Thanks, Joe Event Type: Warning Event Source: smtpsvc Event Category: None Event ID: 2012 Date: 8/23/2006 Time: 9:18:02 AM User: N/A Computer: ...

Exchange 5.5 IMS will not start
I have the IMS for exchange server 5.5 running on an NT4 server with service pack 6a, Exchange 5.5 is on SP4. The IMS stopped after the reboot yesterday morning. The only error that comes up is the following: "Could not start the Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service. Error 1067 the process terminated unexpectedly". There is no other error recorded in the event log. This is driving me nuts. Any thoughts on how to fix this aside from re-installing IMS? Thanks Ismael Remove any messages out of the exchsrvr\imcdata\out & in folder. Then rename the Queue.dat file to Q...

Setup Read permissions in Exchange advanced tab
The user is not able to open another user's mailbox even I have added the user to the mailbox rights tab and given him "Read Permissions". I try the same with given the user "Full mailbox access", the user will then able to open the mailbox. Am I missing anything? You will have to go into the user's Outlook Client Right Click on thier Inbox and select > properties > persmissions tab and add the user you want to have permissions. Read only will also automatically select the 'folder visible' option. this will give the user 'reviewer' righ...

How to backup and Restore Microsoft Exchange 2000 Standard?
Hello Microsoft Exchange gurus! I am currtently working through the company's disaster recovery plan and finding that many components of it are fatally flawed. What a surprise, eh? I'm now to the point where I can't continue, and after weeks of searching I am unable to find sufficient technical information to implement a solution. I am working through the DR scenario I've re-titled as "Full Microsoft Exchange Restore". In this scenario, for whatever reason, the existing Microsoft Exchange Server is no longer available. Maybe through a flood, maybe it was a fire, per...

Start outlook without Exchange
Can I start outlook without connecting to my Exchange server? Each time I attempt the "work offline" option I get the following message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store count not be opened." I am pretty positive my Outlook pst file is not corrupt. A week ago I lost the connection to the server for a few hours and received the same message. As soon as the exchange server was back online everything worked fine. But I cannot start Outlook at all now to look at existing...

Outlook isn't connected with Exchange server
Hi all, I use Outlook 2007 connected with Exchange 2003. My PC is the only one on the Lan disconnected. Help says to search for the «File» -> «Connect» -> «Exchange account» command, but I haven't that command in my menues. Any suggestion? Thanks How is your account configured? Using cached mode or the classic exchange? The file menu has two options - work offline and cached exchange settings. These options are also available in the status bar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange S...

Print multiple pics on 1 page
I used to know how to print multiple pictures on 1 page using something in XP but cannot remember how. Can anyone help please Thanks Teriel9 On 2/26/2010 7:50 AM On a whim, Teriel9 pounded out on the keyboard > I used to know how to print multiple pictures on 1 page using something in > XP but cannot remember how. > Can anyone help please > Thanks > Teriel9 > > Hi Terie, If you select the photos in Explorer (use Ctrl left-click for non-contiguous files), in the left pane you will see the option to "Print the selected pictures". That...

"Use of OR condition in UPDATE Query"
I have a table that lists a set of diseases in several columns (say 2 columns, Disease1, Disease2). I want to create a new column (let us say, Diabetes) which would be coded as "Yes" for a row for which any one of the 2 columns has an entry for "Diabetes". Otherwise, it would be coded "No". I t would be an update query. I tried the following sql statement but it does not work: Update Table1 Set Table1.Diabetes = (IIF(InStr(1,([column1]), "Diabetes")>0 Or (IIF(InStr(1,([columnn2]), "Diabetes")>0, "Yes","No")); I ...

Has Exchange 5.5 been approved to run on Windows 2000 SP4?
I need to get it in writing and I have not been able to find it anywhere. I cant say one way or another if there is any "certification" for it, but I can say that I use it and it works fine. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "aegonjv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3620196B-D476-4C69-8C90-EA30BE9A940C@microsoft.com... > I need to get it in writing and I have not been able to find it anywhere. Works for me fine.. "aegonjv" <...

OWA Issues on Macs With New Server
We recently replaced our Exchange server with an upgraded, new one. We went from Windows 2000 server to Windows 2003 Server for the OS, but Exchange has always been 2003. Outlook on PCs and Entourage on Macs work fine. OWA on PCs works fine. However, when users login to OWA on Macs (And, they can login to it fine...) the following two things happen: 1.) They have to click on everything twice (not a double click but two single clicks) for it to open. If just one click, it will go about 10-15 minutes and then open, but 2 clicks makes whatever it is open right away. (For anything, ...

Freezing Conditional Formatting
Hello, I am using MS-Office-2000. I have applied formula-based conditional formatting on a range of cells. Now, I want to remove the Conditions but wanna keep the formatting on the data as it is. This will help me in Moving the data around the sheet without loosing the formatting. Is there any way of achieving this ? Thanks, Ashish Does it help to select the range you want to copy>>Copy>>Selec destination>>PasteSpecial>>Format -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com No, it copies the entire conditional formatting along with the conditions. It looks for t...

Problems with Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server
I have Outlook attached to an Exchange Server and setup with a POP3 account. Whenever I send mail to an internet adressee I receive a message back from the Exchange server that the message delivery is being delayed, although it should not go through the Exchange server, it should go out using my SMTP setting with my POP3 account. After the delay I receive a message that the mail was not sent. The problem seems to be that the mail is going to Exchange Server instead of though my Internet Mail account. Does anyone have any solutions? ...

OWA IIS HAnG
Dear Experts. I installed Exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server. I have about 80 clients connecting to the web server. almost every hour the World wide web publishing services hang and I have to reboot the server. The IIS services cannot be controlled. I have installed the IISRecycle tool, but this is not an option. anyone have a solution? kind regards Evert Any OUtlook 2003 clients? On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 10:18:20 +0200, "E. van Zanten" <evert@reverzed.net_nospam> wrote: >Dear Experts. > >I installed Exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server. I have about 80 clien...

Exchange is taking too long time to shut or start up
Hi; I have exc2k3 SP1 on a win2k3 SP1. Exchange takes too long time to shut down or boot up.. is there a way to speed this up. any tools, any methods, or prsedure i can use? Thanks Mike Why are you shutting it down? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Chet Guzel" <chet@nestech.net> wrote in message news:uOxRG8qzFHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi; > I have exc2k3 SP1 on a win2k3 SP1. > Exchange takes too long time to shut down or boot up.. is there a way to > speed this up. any tools, any methods, or ...

OWA Timeout
Hello, Is there a way to set an inactivity timeout per user in Exchange 2003 OWA? Thank you, Ross Ross <rswils3rd@yahoo123.com> wrote: > Is there a way to set an inactivity timeout per user in Exchange 2003 > OWA? Since OWA is actually a part of Exchange, you might want to ask in news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.exchange.clients -- Brian Tillman Thanks Brian. On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:53:16 -0400, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote: >Ross <rswils3rd@yahoo123.com> wrote: > >> Is there a way to set an inactivity timeo...

Exchange 2007 hiding attatchments
Running Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2003 from a outside source inbound attachements are being hid IE they do not show up under the Subject line, I can click on forward the message and viola they appear never had a issue till we upgraded to Exchange 2007 from Exchange 2003. Ideas? I have googled but came up with nothing Thanks! ...

Exchange 2007 pop3 horror
Hi I just upgraded to Exchange 2007 SP1. My client's outlook 2003 sp3 doesn't want to download the emails using pop3 protocols. It keeps saying username and wrong password. When i log to my OWA it works fine. I even tested it out with my outlook 2007 and it works. Same settings but different location. Then i tried with another computer in m office with Outlook 2003 it didn't work. Something is definately wierd. Exchange pop3 is turned. I even went to client's mailbox and enable pop in the exchange features tab. I just don't know what to do now. I am totally ...