Exchange Organization Name

Is there any way to extract the exchange organization name from a priv1.edb
file?  After system crash we have to rebuild the exchange system and have
good backups of the edb files but do not know what the exact organization
name.

Thanks
Dave B

Hi Dave,

You can try opening a copy of the Dir.edb in notepad to see if you can find
it in there. If that doesn't work, do you still have the "Exchange Server
Setup.log" file that was at the root of the drive? If so, you can search it
for the Organization Name. When you search, you can just search for "/o="
and it will have the Organization Name after it.

--
Thanks,
James Burrage

"Dave B" <incubator5264@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to extract the exchange organization name from a
priv1.edb
> file?  After system crash we have to rebuild the exchange system and have
> good backups of the edb files but do not know what the exact organization
> name.
>
> Thanks
> Dave B

0
jburrage (106)
12/26/2003 8:22:47 PM
Install new Exchange with  /disasterrecovery switch. With this switch setup
will read all parameters for your Exchange server  from Active Directory
including your organisation name, storage groups parameters, etc.

--
Dejan Foro
MCP, MCP+I, MCSE NT4.0, MCSE+I, MCSE 2000

> Hi Dave,
>
> You can try opening a copy of the Dir.edb in notepad to see if you can
find
> it in there. If that doesn't work, do you still have the "Exchange Server
> Setup.log" file that was at the root of the drive? If so, you can search
it
> for the Organization Name. When you search, you can just search for "/o="
> and it will have the Organization Name after it.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> James Burrage

rights.
> Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.

> "Dave B" <incubator5264@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Is there any way to extract the exchange organization name from a
> priv1.edb
> > file?  After system crash we have to rebuild the exchange system and
have
> > good backups of the edb files but do not know what the exact
organization
> > name.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Dave B

0
dforo (10)
12/28/2003 3:23:35 PM
Good catch Dejan,

I didn't pay close enough attention to the priv1.edb. This group is usually
for Exchange 5.5 Posts, so I assumed it was 5.5. Good catch.

--
Thanks,
James Burrage

"Dejan Foro" <dforo@infosistem.hr> wrote in message
> Install new Exchange with  /disasterrecovery switch. With this switch
setup
> will read all parameters for your Exchange server  from Active Directory
> including your organisation name, storage groups parameters, etc.
>

> --
> Dejan Foro
> MCP, MCP+I, MCSE NT4.0, MCSE+I, MCSE 2000
> Lead Exchange Architect
> Infosistem
> Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
> Ivana Sibla 15
> 10000 Zagreb
> Croatia
> e-mail: dforo@infosistem.hr
> GSM: +385 91 6500 246
> web: www.inet.hr/~fdejan
>

> > Hi Dave,
> >
> > You can try opening a copy of the Dir.edb in notepad to see if you can
> find
> > it in there. If that doesn't work, do you still have the "Exchange
Server
> > Setup.log" file that was at the root of the drive? If so, you can search
> it
> > for the Organization Name. When you search, you can just search for
"/o="
> > and it will have the Organization Name after it.
> >
> > --
> > Thanks,
> > James Burrage

> rights.
> > Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this
newsgroup.

> > Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> > http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
> >
> > "Dave B" <incubator5264@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there any way to extract the exchange organization name from a
> > priv1.edb
> > > file?  After system crash we have to rebuild the exchange system and
> have
> > > good backups of the edb files but do not know what the exact
> organization
> > > name.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Dave B

0
jburrage (106)

Problems with conect external clients with Exchange by HTTP Over RPC
Hi, I want that the external users can connect by HTTP over RPC to may Exchange server but i don`t want to open the port. I try to configure the Outlook in 2 ways: The first:: I am in internet and i try to configure client but i can`t because cannot find the server. The second: i am in the LAN with conecction with the exchange and i configure the client. Then i put the cliente at internet and then i can connect to my Exchange Server. I don�t know how i can�t config my cliente if my first connection is not in the LAN. Someone Helps Me??? Thanks.. Fernando You might be doing som...

Exchange log files multiplying
Hmmm, just looked at the .log files in the MBDData directory and it appears they are multiplying, today alone 64 5Mb log files have been created, and each time I create free disk space it immediately gets eaten up. I'm running CA's ETrust AV w/the Exchange version on my Exchange server, it's updated and I just ran it... Given that you are useing an exchange-aware back-up utility, the log files will be deleted after you perform a full back up.... "sjs" <sjs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11C11C43-5FCF-480C-A7B6-09E0F03AF481@microsoft.com.....

New Exchange server under the same OU
Hi every one I did Add new exchange server as a backend server so now I have 2 exchange servers OLD and New Exchange what I'm facing the user which has been moved to new exchange server can send mail OK But they can recieve only from poeple in new exchange server they can not recieve from poeple in Old exchange server nor from Internet my connector is was configured to route email from old exchnage I just added the new exchange to same connector any idea what I'm missing Thanks On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:30:01 -0700, "mailman" <mailman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

exchange event ids in security log
hello comunity. i´ve activatede auditing in our AD 2003 / exchange 2003 organisation to have changes made to the exchange configuration logged to the system log (security) of our DCs. now my question is if there is a list of specific exchange event ids. exactly i´m looking for a trace of when and from whom a mailbox was disconected/conected to a AD user. i´m refering to the right-click on a disconected mailbox in an exchange storage group, reconect, search user,.... also the event ids of creating a mailbox for a AD user would be very helpful. thanks in advance ramiro Thi...

Can Sheet name be part of formula for a cell (+ sheet name)
Worsheet name will change from template. Would like worksheet name to auto print in cell on separate worksheet. Can this be done? Hi, You can have the name being printed in the worksheet you are in for example in cell A1, enter =MID(CELL("filename",C1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",C1))+1,255) then go to the worksheet where you want the name to be populated and enter =yoursheet name!A1 "Leslie" wrote: > Worsheet name will change from template. Would like worksheet name to auto > print in cell on separate worksheet. Can this...

New Name New Password
I am new user on this computer and it automatically signs on as the prior user. I do not have the option of my entering my own user name and password. I would like to sign on with my user name which is KCBJORNSEN with my own password. kcbjornsen@ruralclinics.nv.gov <kcbjornsen@ruralclinics.nv.gov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am new user on this computer and it automatically signs on as the prior >user. I do not have the option of my entering my own user name and password. >I would like to sign on with my user name which is KCBJORNSEN with my own >password. ...

Exchange 2003 Standard
Hi all, Our Exchange 2003 Standard Edition server's Public Store has exceeded the 16GB limit and shut down. I'm familiar with the temporary extension to 17GB one can do for the Mailbox Store but haven't found a KB article regarding temporarily expanding the Public Folder store. Is this possible and if so how? Temporary solution found - the same registry entry mentioned in KB828070 except located in the public folder key does the 1GB increase. "MS Newsgroups" <msnews@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:erikqn9qEHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > ...

Adding to GAL after name user removed
We had someone accidentally remove a couple of users to the default GAL. Is there a way to get them back on there? Actaually there is only one account I need to add back. They no longer show up in AD Users and Computers. Thanks. On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:39:42 -0400, "Jeff Murphy" <jmurphy@advancednetworksystems.com> wrote: >We had someone accidentally remove a couple of users to the default GAL. Is >there a way to get them back on there? Actaually there is only one account I >need to add back. They no longer show up in AD Users and Computers. > >Thanks....

OWA on Exchange 5.5 #2
We are having trouble keeping our Web Access connection open. I am continually having to re-boot our Exchange server to reestablish the connection. The problem varies between getting "the page cannot be displayed" right off the bat to getting the initial yellow log in screen then never getting past it. Do you know what causes this and what I can do to stabalize this connection? thanks Mairlyn Errors in event logs? SP4 applied? Hotfixes? any services stopping? On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:45:07 -0700, "Marilyn" <Marilyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We...

Recover public folders data from dead Exchange 5.5
Our MS Exch server has completely failed due to hardware issues. We moved our users to a new mail server Kerio, Fully MAPI capable. We would like to recover the data from the users mailboxes, calendar, contacts and such. We also want to reclaim to stuff in our public folders. Is there a way if we put the drives in another box, boot off a new OS and pull out the data we need? It sounds simple to me, but with MS I'm sure it's more involved. Are there any tools for this kind of task? Thanks in advanced. I'm cheating and copy-n-pasting this from a post I made the other day. ...

Command Within SQL to get Windows login Name
is there a way we can know whats the windows login accountname using a command within sql (just like select suser_name() ) , if he is still accessing the SQL server with a SQL account like 'sa' any sys table maps this info and stores ? Unfortunately not. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi "Madhava" <Madhava@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FDC0B11-E9B0-4BC6-891B-9DDA9847A203@microsoft.com... > is there a way we can know whats the windows login ...

Chart title = Worksheet Name?
I have a workbook where every sheet represents a different day. The title of the sheet is the date e.g. 9-14-06. On each sheet is a chart whose title is same date as on the tab, but formatted slightly differently: Thursday <cr> September 14, 2006. Is there a way to easily link the two so when I update the tab date, the chart date changes also? Thanks, Bill Halper I do hope someone can find a shorter way but here is mine. Firstly, the name on the tab will not be recognized as text by Excel, so wee need to get the sheet name into a cell and then extract year, month day A1 (sheet na...

Deleting Range name's listed in the range address box.
In Excel, in the top corner of the application there is a box which list the name of a select range (e.g F19 etc..). when I use the querytables method to import a CSV onto a worksheet. This range address box, has the name of the data I have imported. when I use clear, or qyertytables delete to remove the imported data - I am unable to remove the name of the data appearing in the drop-down list for the range box. Is there anyway to delete this ? or is it not a problem ? I am concerned because I this rangelist seems to fill up pretty quickly with imported data ranges.. Choose Insert&...

Exchange 5.5 #37
What are the major routines/challenegs administering Exchange 5.5 with XP clients? what exactly do you mean? I still have one Exchange 5.5 server in my environment with XP users accessing it with no issues whatsoever, although we did see a couple of instances described in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;255843 "jhkadmin" <jhkadmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F488C91-37D3-4BFE-9A1F-098D85939151@microsoft.com... > What are the major routines/challenegs administering Exchange 5.5 with XP > clients? I cant th...

using exchange 5.5 for calender sharing only
We have a client who is running an old exchange 5.5 server on a WinNT4 sp6 PDC machine for the sole purpose of sharing their calendar. They have multiple pop accounts handled by outside ISP's and all of the clients (5) have their own pst files stored on the server. they are able to send emails with two of the three pop accounts but not their primary one - the one that has a connectoid on the Exchange server. they get a replay saying undeliverable. But the message itself is not returned. My question is since there is no need for the exchange server to process any mail do they need any speci...

Hippa compliance with Exchange 2003
We are located in MA and we just got notified by our health insurance company, Tufts, that we need to start sending them encypted emails. One of our sister companies signed up for something called ZixMail that offers a plugin for Outlook (2003) that I guess will encrypt the emails to their clients or something for $100 per year per person that uses it. I know Exchange 2003 can encrypt email, however I don't know if this is something I can just turn on and say "encrypt emails to tufts.com" and I don't know if just setting up this rule means tufts.com can read t...

Hostname for Exchang 2003.
Hi, My DC is given a hostname exch2003.hq.mydomain.com for LAN (192.168.11.2/24). However the internet will see it as a exch2003.mydomain.com with a real routable IP (say 203.141.6.20). Currently I use static NAT to map the two IPs. I'm wondering is this is the right way of doing things? When mail sent out to the world, it will appear as exch2003.hq.mydomain.com. But this may be dropped by some gateways for not having FQDN, since hq.mydomain.com is not visible to the outside world. Regards, Norman Norman Zhang wrote: > Hi, > > My DC is given a hostname exch2003.hq.mydom...

Exchange Virtual Directory ? Exchange 2003
We have an org. called xyz.edu with sites abc.xyz.edu, def.xyz.edu ... The default recipient policy has a default SMTP address of xyz.edu so when we reboot our site servers the "\\backofficestorage\abc.xyz.edu\MBX" gets changed back to "\\backofficestorage\xyz.edu\MBX" Where we have several site abc.xyz.edu def.xyz.edu ... we would like to hard code the virtual directory setting so we don't have to remember to check these setting. there are other places that the default SMTP address is used even though we have the Default Recipient policy set to never run. ...

Exchange license Question
Hi all, I ordered an Exchange Svr 2003 English OLP NL from the website, when i try to grab the "Volume License Product Key" for installation, but its status is "Not Required". So what key do i use to perform the installation? or key is not required? however, i remember when i do my exchange 2000 server installation, key was required, it was written on the box. Cheers ...

Exchange 2003/AD/Anonymous Logon access
Looking at users in Active Directory on Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2003 server. Under Mailbox Rights on the Exchange Advanced tab, the "ANONYMOUS LOGON" user has read rights. Should it? If I try to get rid of it, it says I can't because it's inherited, but I'm not sure where the PARENT to this tab even is. All the users are under the standard USERS folder in AD. Not sure if this is what MS intends or if I have mischief going on here. Thanks ...

Way to Link Tab Names
I checked this out a few years ago, but thought I might post for an updated answer. I have a few workbooks linked together and would like to know if there is a way to create an absolute reference between linked tabs regardless of the name of the tab. As new projects are started, tabs get renamed, so we have to have all the workbooks open at once to keep the links active. Maybe there is a way to name the tab to a linked cell, so as a workbook is opened, it looks at the linked cell name for the tab name first to keep the links active? It would also have to work around tabs getting re...

Question marks appearing where folder names should be
I have a user who has his inbox and subfolders showing question marks instead of letters. He went to china and access OWA. Since he's come back, the settings have remained in chinese. How do I restore him back to english and get rid of the question marks? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Person names smart tag integration with Messenger
I'm trying to understand how the person names smart tag stuff works in Outlook 2003 with Exchange users. The only way I can seem to get the tags to work correctly is if the primary smtp address on a user is the same as their Windows Messenger (passport) address, which is a problem for us. Secondary smtp addresses don't work. There's also the msExchIMAddress attribute I haven't toyed with, but I assume that's a holdover from the defunct Exchange IM service. Is anyone else using messenger integration without matching primary smtp addresses? Cheers. ...

If "Hide from exchange address list" is selected does this prevent you from resolving this contact when attempting to configure Outlook?
I had a user leave the our firm. Instead of disabling the account I removed the user form all distlists and hide the contact in the GAL. Today I needed to check something in the old mailbox. I tried adding this mailbox through Tools>email accounts>view or change existing email accounts... But I was not able to resolve the name. Is this because the name is hidden? If this is the case, what is the best way to continue to administer a mailbox once a user leaves. I do not want to disable the account yet. The boss still wants an "out of office auto-reply" for this user for th...

Urgent
Hi, I urgently need to Change the user name order in the CRM for existing users. Eg (First, Last) (First, Last) (Last, First) (First, Last) (Last, Fisrt) How do i change all the names currently in the system to be arranged from (Last, First) without disabling the users and creating new users. Urgently awaiting a response. Jefferson Run the following statement in SQL Query Analyser on your _MSCRM database UPDATE SystemUserBase SET FullName = FirstName + ',' + LastName It is unsupported but I have run similar statements many times successfully. Back up first would be wise &...