Exchange Monitoring tab "hangs" in Exchange System Manager

On one of 8 Exchange servers, if I choose the Monitoring tab, the mmc console
hangs and does not respond.  (The page that displays monitored
characteristics is  never displayed.)

I have left the console open for 15 minutes or more and still no response.

There are no coresponding events in the system or application log of this
Exchange server.

Recommendations on how to resolve this issue?

0
ra44203 (6)

Hi ra44203,

Thanks for posting here.

From the description, I understand the issue is that Exchange Monitoring
tab "hangs" in Exchange System Manager.if I am off base, please don't
hesitate to let me know.

Let us refer to the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1.Please refer to the following KB article

Troubleshooting monitoring and status in Exchange and in Small Business
Server

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310315/en-us

2.Please check all the relevant exchange services are running fine.

If issue persists,please capture the screenshoot when monitoring tab become
"hang", save as jpg file and send to me at v-jaluo@microsoft.com

I appreciate your time. I am happy to be of assistance and look forward to
your reply.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Jacky Luo (MSFT)
Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to
assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting

from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

v-jaluo (15)
3/28/2007 9:40:55 AM
The troubleshooting article did not help resolve the situation.

> 1.Please refer to the following KB article
>
> Troubleshooting monitoring and status in Exchange and in Small Business
> Server

All Exchange services are running according to the Services MMC.

I did restart the two services, to see if that would resolve the situation
but it did not help.  The two services I restarted were:
Windows Management Instrumentation
Windows Exchange Management

> 2.Please check all the relevant exchange services are running fine.

The print-screen has been sent to your e-mail address.

> If issue persists,please capture the screenshoot when monitoring tab become
> "hang", save as jpg file and send to me at v-jaluo@microsoft.com

0
ra44203 (6)
3/30/2007 1:14:02 PM
Hi ra44203,

Thanks for posting back.

As you said,you have multiple exchange server,can you compare with other
normal server regarding different configuration. Please let me know if the
problematic server have special software or tools installed and differ from
other servers.

For further analysis,Please help me collect Exchange MPS Report

a. Please download the MPSRPT_Exchange.EXE from the following link and then
run this tool to gather some information from the problematic computer:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=cebf3c7c-7ca5-408f-
88b7-f9c79b7306c0&displaylang=en

b. Double-click on the MPSRPT_Exchange.EXE file.
[Note] This process may take some time; however, it will not have a
negative effect on the performance.

c. A CAB file will be generated in the
%systemroot%\MPSReports\Setup\Reports\Cab directory called
%COMPUTERNAME%_MPSReports.CAB. The CAB file will contain the reports
generated by the MPS Reporting Tool.

d. Please send the result file(CAB file)to me at v-jaluo@microsoft.com

I appreciate your time. I am happy to be of assistance and look forward to
your reply.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Jacky Luo (MSFT)
Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to
assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting

from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

v-jaluo (15)
4/5/2007 2:30:13 PM
Hello Jacky Luo,

The problem was cleared up after rebooting the Exchange server.   Also once
the Exchange server had been rebooted, I noticed that the box to Disable all
monitoring had been checked.   So that box has now been unchecked and the
monitoring is working now.

Thank you for the suggestions, though.

> ""Jacky Luo [MSFT]"" wrote:
>
> As you said,you have multiple exchange server,can you compare with other
> normal server regarding different configuration. Please let me know if the
> problematic server have special software or tools installed and differ from
> other servers.

0
ra44203 (6)
4/5/2007 2:40:00 PM
Hi ra44203,

Thanks for posting back.

I am glad to hear that you have resolved your problem, If you have any
questions in the future, please feel free to post in the newsgroup. We''ll
try our best to assist you.

We are looking forward to working with you here again.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Jacky Luo (MSFT)
Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to
assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
We also love to hear your product feedback!  Let us know what you think by
posting

from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

v-jaluo (15)

Outlook 2002 Hangs when a link is clicked
When i click a link in an email Outlook hangs. I have to terminate Outlook and restart it. This just started about a week ago. No error messages. Any guess?? Thanks. Bill, I had a similar problem, Outlook 2002 seemed to freeze after I clicked a link but the link actually opened after a minute or so. For me it helped to run SCANPST.EXE on my outlook.pst file. It found some errors in the file and repaired them. After that, it seems to work better. -- Ture Magnusson Karlstad, Sweden "BIll Lavallie" <open2shop@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:055701c3c643$77b31780$a001...

Outlook 2000 Hangs for 3-5 minutes on startup. Help!
I have the strangest problem. Outlook 2000 will hang for 3-5 minutes on startup. I get past the splash screen, into my inbox. Then I get the hour glass for a cursor and if i try to exit it says program not responding. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I have tried Safe Mode. I have tried the "safe" switch while in safe mode. Nothing works. Please help. Thanks In advance! jasonb wrote: > I have the strangest problem. Outlook 2000 will hang for 3-5 minutes > on startup. I get past the splash screen, into my inbox. Then I get > the hour glass for a cursor and...

Outlook hangs randomly
My Outlook hangs -- sometimes on opening, sometimes on send/receive, sometimes for no apparent reason. Since it just stops responding, it doesn't give me an error message so I have no code to look up. Any ideas? Thanks. I am having the same problem. I just loaded the new 'security patch' from microsoft. Could this be the cause? >-----Original Message----- >My Outlook hangs -- sometimes on opening, sometimes on >send/receive, sometimes for no apparent reason. Since it >just stops responding, it doesn't give me an error >message so I have no code t...

Outlook 2003 hangs on exit
When closing Outlook 2003, the icon remains in the systray and the process continues to run. Forced to terminate OUTLOOK.EXE process in order to restart Outlook. Any ideas? Look for 3rd party applications that are holding it open for data use. (Activesync, WinFax, Antivirus) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "kmeszaros@landam.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081601c3b3ab$ef4e6e20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When closing Outlook 2003, the icon remains in the > systr...

Outlook 2003 hangs when checking Exchange credentials
I signed up for a hosted exchange service but couldn't get Outlook to connect to the Exchange server. I spent 3 hours on the phone testing lots of stuff with the support guys and we both determined that it had something to do with my connection to the server. I installed Outlook on a test computer on my network and it works fine. The only difference between the two computers is that I am running Spybot on my computer and not on the test computer. I shut down Spybot and still no luck. I am an Exchange newbie so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Excel embedded in email hangs Mac OS X email client
Hi, never seen this before but never really worked in a mixed environment before. We have a couple of users who use Mac OS X and the native email client. Whenever I send them something from Excel, it hangs their mail client. Doesn't matter if I send an XLS as an attachment or if I copy & paste a range out of a sheet. They have to do a Force Quit on the email app, then restart it and delete my mail without opening it. Both Macs have Office Mac installed, so MIME type is probably not a problem - or is it? Also, my current workaround is to do a Shift-Copy and paste into email...

Office Update
O.K., I'm at the Office Update site - run through the loading process and find that there are several "critical" updates, and the site hangs after I agree to the license. I did the "end task" on everything except explorer, systray, and the office update page. Nothing else is running. HELP! Thank you! ps. I'm running Office XP - 2002 version and I really just wanted to get the Outlook update to help protect against that &*^%! MyDoom virus... Now I have to download Office Update 1 & 2, then I can get the update I want... Oh, yeah, this is fun! We...

OL 2000 Program hangs on startup
I recently installed Office 2003, over my Office 2000 install. After this install, Outlook 2003 was running OK. I shut down my networked work computer for the weekend. When restarting the computer this past Monday, I could not access my Outlook Inbox. I was able to access all other Outlook folders (both the standard and those I created) BUT NOT THE INBOX. The program hung, and I would have to terminate via Task MGR. A call to our company IT rep stated Msoft Exch Svr 5.5 has known "performance" issues with XP Pro and/or OL 2003. So, I uninstalled Office 2003 and reinstall...

Outlook Express Hangs when changing identities with XP
When i change idenetites in Outlook Express, it hangs for about 5-7 minutes then works perfectly. I found an article to fix this by editing the DWORD value in the registry, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=kb;EN-US;Q274017 , but this article does not cover what to do with XP considering there is no "Changing" value in the Identites group. There are 3 values for "REG_DWORD" that are available are "Directory Name" "Identity Ordinal" and "Migrated5" I exported the registry and then deleted all the DWORD values and it stil...

Outlook 2002 hangs #8
Something happened the other day to my Outlook 2002 (xp) environment that now when I start Outlook, it hangs. I have to use task manager to end the process. I've deinstalled and reinstalled but to no avail. I've also, after deinstalling, deleted my outlook.pst and other files in the folder, but still nothing. I feel the problem may lie in my registry settings that do not get wiped with the deinstallation. What can I do to deinstall Outllook as if it never existed on my system and start from scratch? This installation is part of OfficeXP and not a separate installation. I&...

Outlook hangs on send/receive
Hi there! I've recently set up a new laptop and have had issues using Outlook 2007 on it. I wondered if any of you had experienced the same issues and had a resolution for it. Environment: Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit Outlook 2007 SP1 (build 12.0.6316.5000) POP3/SMTP email account (various services, including Comcast, Yahoo, IXWeb, and Gmail) Problem Detail: I can set up the email accounts successfully and can send/receive, but the procedure hangs when it is almost complete and does not download new email until I end the Outlook process and launch Outlook again. Resolution At...

Is there a template for creating a marketing brochure that hangs .
I am looking for a template for creating a marketing brochure that hangs from door knob (has circle cutout near top plus slit that allows you to leave on front door knob). Is there such a template online somewhere? What is this type of brochure called? Thank you. They are called "door hangers." There are blank hangers here, not too expensive. http://www.edps.com/index.php?cPath=125 There are some pre-designed downloadable ones here, you can create a template from them. http://www.kidprintables.com/doorhangers/ Worse comes to worse, I have one on my web site, a PDF http://msa...

dm_db_index_operational_stats hangs on SQL Server 2005 (9.00.4294.
We have a problem with dm_db_index_operational_stats in SQL Server 2005 (9.00.4294.00). When we run it with partition_id = 1 on a table which is non-partitioned SQL server dumps (non-yielding scheduler) and writes messages like following in the SQL Server log. Process 374:0:0 (0x10d0) Worker 0x00000000059621C0 appears to be non-yielding on Scheduler 12. Thread creation time: 12918262500977. Approx Thread CPU Used: kernel 0 ms, user 69578 ms. Process Utilization 51%. System Idle 45%. Interval: 70016 m Version Information: Productversion = 9.00.4294.00 Productlevel = SP3 E...

outlook 2003 hangs on opening folders
-- bimbola ...

Outlook hangs up or very slow start
The Outlook flash screen apooears and then there is a terrific long delay if or when it starts. I am using Windows XP, Outlook 2002. Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. --� Milly Staples [...

Outlook 2002 SP3 Hangs
I have Outlook 2002 with SP3 on an XP machine. I am connecting to our corporate mail server using IMAP. For the past 3 days, Outlook has been unbearably slow and hangs intermittently. Sometimes it's fine, other times it just hangs (causing an Event 1001 or 1002 in the Event Log). I have tried connecting to the same server using IMAp with an Opera client and it seems fine. Any ideas wher to look? Hi Mark, maybe you look here http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1001 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. B...

IE Hangs
When using CRM on dekstop with Windows XP and IE 6.0, sometimes after about 10-15 min (it does vary), IE hangs, and eventually I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to close iexplorer.exe. Any ideas why? Thanks check if anything else is loaded into IE like yahoo etc. Probably some addin causing this ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "circulent" <circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B8BF179-4F6F-4318-A962-236A8E043DB5@microsoft.com... > When using CRM on de...

backup exec hangs mailstore after mailbox backup??
Hi, I am using Veritas backup exec 9.0 with Exchange 2003. I just started backing up individual mailboxes and since have had the same problem every day after that nightly backup job runs. The following day that clients ie outlook, cannot open their mailboxes. Outlook hangs etc. Yet all services are running on exchange etc. I checked with the veritas checklist and everything is covered there. So I am wondering if anyone has seen this and what they did to fix it? ps- the mailboxes seem to backup correctly..... Confused, Mike Hi - I'd check with Veritas support. Do you see a...

Powerpoint 2003 hangs when trying to open or save a file
100% failure rate, uninstalled and reinstalled office 2003, installed all security updates (each time checking between SP's to see if they had solved the issue), reimaged entire hard drive, also purchased a new HD (just in case that was the issue)...still nothing...office tools that help you to recover a program just have it crash and an error pops up that I send to Microsoft.... have sent error to Microsoft 30+ times to hopefully get a resolution.....I have tons of presentations due in the morning and this has been going on since yesterday....all other office products work j...

Word hangs when I view drawing objects in a portrait model
I am using MS Word 2002 (sp3). When I view the page with graphs by using drawing tool, in a portrait mode, the Word hangs. It works OK for the landscape mode, it also works OK for regular text pages in a portraint mode. I reinstalled Word, or rebot computers and tried a lot of other methods, the problem remains. Any one can let me know how to reolve the issue? -- EthanlovesCars ...

Reconcile hangs on certain items
Every time I run inventory reconcile (history not checked), the same items seem to hang (most items are a few seconds up to 1 minute tops). These items are setup as misc charges, so they are not even inventoried. One of the items takes about 20-30 minutes in total. Why would an item that does not retain quantities take so long to reconcile? It's consistently the same items every time. ...

OWA Inbox hangs at Loading...
I have Exchange 2000 sp3 sitting on a Win2000 Server sp4. Exchange works well, except when trying to access via OWA. the users can log in alright, when asked, but then all that loads is the buttons at the top of the page and the folder links on the right hand side. The inbox stops loading at Loading... any help would be appreciated... thanks Tony. I'm having this same problem with a server in our test lab. Although it didn't help me, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;280823 - maybe it will solve your problem. I even did a reinstall with no luck. I...

Outlook Hangs or Freezes in TS Session
I seem to have a couple of my users outlook 2003 frezing up when they do anything in outlook. I have a 2 TS servers with 4 cpu's and 8 gigs of memory running windows 2003 Enterprise x64 Terminal Server. I can not find a solution anywhere for this problem. I have atleast 50-55 users logged on to each server. it does not matter which server i have then log onto it will still freeze. I will also get archive.pst could not be found or outlook.pst could not be found as well. Theses issues are not happing to everyone just a select few. I need some help. Event Type: Error ...

Clicking button in dialog child window hangs application !?!?!
Hello, I've created a dialog resource containing two buttons and a slider control. I've set the dialog style to 'child' so I can include this dialog, with its controls, as a child window in another dialog.. I have another dialog that includes this dialog as a child window. The slider control works properly, but when I click on either button in the clid dialog, my application hangs, and CPU utilization jumps to 100%. I don't have any event handlers or code behind the controls in my child dialog. I'm puzzled that the slider control (and other controls I've tried, ...

Outlook 2003 Hangs on download of email
Upgraded to Office 2003 and since installing, junkmail mail hangs up on the server. I am forced to go to the ISP and delete the mail from that location. I have tried with the junkmail filter both on and off. Sometimes it hangs and just sends multiple copies of other messages that download prior to it getting to the offending junkmail. I had no problem with the Office XP version of Outlook. Comcast offers no assistance; and to top it off, the Microsoft support site does not recognize the product ID from my new office product. Any ideas out there? Thanks, Doug ...