Exchange Manager reporting Status of server as 'In Maintenance Mode'

Hi,

I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 on a SBS 2003 server.

My problem is that the server has stopped receiving email, I can send emails
out no problem and the POP3 connector works fine. I am also running the SMTP
connector for other accounts and this has stopped working.

There is nothing I can see in the Event logs, the only 'abnormal' thing I
can see is that the system manager is reporting the servers status as 'In
maintenance mode'

What does this mean and would this stop me from receiving email via the SMTP
Connector?

Thanks in advance
Richard

0
Richard

I'm no SBS/POP connector guru.  I can help with the maintenance mode issue
though, as I documented this here:

http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2004/03/exchange_in_mai.html

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"Richard" <a@a.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 on a SBS 2003 server.
>
> My problem is that the server has stopped receiving email, I can send
> emails
> out no problem and the POP3 connector works fine. I am also running the
> SMTP
> connector for other accounts and this has stopped working.
>
> There is nothing I can see in the Event logs, the only 'abnormal' thing I
> can see is that the system manager is reporting the servers status as 'In
> maintenance mode'
>
> What does this mean and would this stop me from receiving email via the
> SMTP
> Connector?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Richard

0
neil.hobson (1158)

Out of office in exchange server 5.5
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? Because if the client's machine is off, there will not be any replies sent. I am using the internet mail connector in exchange server 5.5. Thank you See reply to your later post in here. leo wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather > than at the client's machine? Because if the client's machine is off, > there will not be any replies sent. I am using the internet mail > connector in exchange server 5.5...

Exchange 2003
Hi, The OWA,OMA and other exchange virtual directories are by default installed under the default IIS website. I would like to setup the virtual directories in two newly created website in IIS. I want one website with the OWA vdirs and the other with the OMA vdirs. How can I achieve this. Is there a document/link to help me? Thanks in advance. "al" <al@al.com> wrote in message news:7127ff73ed8b8c8b68cd38161d5@news.microsoft.com... > Hi, > > The OWA,OMA and other exchange virtual directories are by default installed > under the default IIS website. > I wo...

How many and what kinds of reports can MS CRM generate by default?
Hi, can anyone provide such a list? I am new to this package and evaluating its features. Thanks. Microsoft CRM V3 comes with 20 built in reports. These are using SRS or SQL reporting services. You can using visual studio.net to create any additional reports you need. The only limit is your imagination and your report writing skills. Download the CRM sdk form www.microsoft.com/downloads which has a reporting section. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "phw" <phw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Trying to get filtered Report based on form combo box
I submitted a question about making a form and combo box act like a parameter query a couple of weeks ago. Someone gave me some help but I still can't get it to work. The combo box is linked to the proper list but when I run the report I am having two problems. 1. THe report is not being filtered like I want. 2. I can't get it to preview, it keeps trying to print. Here is the code I have (minus all of the variations I have tried): On Error GoTo Err_CmdRunRpt_Click DoCmd.OpenReport "RptProgramInventory", , , "[ModelNo] = '" & Me.ProgramCombo &...

i am having trouble locating my server
i cannot receive my emails. the error report says that it cannot find a server Have you checked with your ISP's help site? Based on your IP address I think you're in Australia. See if the article here helps: http://www.aapt.com.au/support/55.asp "talkeesha" <talkeesha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78072F02-9CAE-485E-A9B8-03E297727716@microsoft.com... >i cannot receive my emails. the error report says that it cannot find a >server ...

Exchange routing trouble
I have 1 AD forest with a child domain. 1 enterprise mail org with 1 administrative group. Recently we added an exchange server in the child domain, the server is a member of the same administrative group (and thus the same mail org) as the original. The child domain is in a branch office connected by inet VPN tunnel. Probelm: Original server's queue to the new server is filling with a bunch of messages to "new server-IS@mydomain.com" the queue is always in retry. The same occurs in reverse on the new server (messages to "origianl server-IS@mydomain.com") queue is a...

save e-mail on server
Everytime I sign on to check my e-mail I have discovered the "advanced" setting to save my e-mail for 60 days on the server is turned off. How do I get this setting to permanently stay activated? Hard to say without any configuration details and what exactly you did where. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Irish Travelor" <Irish Travelor@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Exchange Permissions #3
We have a forest with accounts in the root domain and exchange servers in the child domains. There is no exchange server in the root domain. We have setup a group with permissions to set user mailboxes. According to a doc I read the user setting the mailboxes must still have full exchange rights in the exchange admin group. Currently admin can set mailboxes in admin groups they have only view rights delegated to them. Any ideas why this is? The second issue is we had a non admin user run forest prep and somehow was delegated full exchange admin rights over the exchange organization...

Exchange 2003 replication
Dears, I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (mailboxs) between two sites in the same organaization without using third party software? On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:51:06 -0800, ala <ala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dears, >I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (mailboxs) between two sites in >the same organaization without using third party software? Nope. No. Nue "ala" <ala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18DB2FC9-E67A-46D4-A99E-680B3300C6A4@microsoft.com... > Dears, > I wana to ask if i can replicate exchange DB (m...

Hierarchical Reports
Hello, I was wondering is anyone had attempted to create reports that are based on the designated hierarchy in CRM. For example, accounts and opportunities can have parent accounts and opportuinities. Even at the company levels, parent/children associations can be made. If anyone has done any work with this type of information, from CRM or other systems, I would be interested in learning the best way to work with the data, especially as it relates to links to individual activites and the ability to rollup values when possible links to not exist at a higher level. Thanks in advance, Rodney G...

Reports by date
I'm trying to get reports based on a user input date. I don't want all the records in the database just the entries from a certain date and newer. Could someone please help? Thanks ...

Exchange 2000 data store size does not shrink
Hi, We have an exchage 2k store that is ~16GB. We have archived ~ 5GB (PST files)and did an offline defrag but the db has shrunk by less than 2%. Currently it will not mount even with the evn when we set the temp size increase registry switch. Any ideas? In news:2B3413A7-9F3D-44E9-A0D1-06E7B1D55135@microsoft.com, KCHobson <KCHobson@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > We have an exchage 2k store that is ~16GB. We have archived ~ 5GB > (PST files)and did an offline defrag but the db has shrunk by less > than 2%. Currently it will not mount even with the ...

Demoting a 2003 Domain Controller Hosting SQL Server
We have a 2-node Windows Server 2003 cluster, with both nodes as domain controllers and running clustered SQL Server 2003. I realise this goes against all good practice, and that is partly why I am trying to do the following. We additionally have two Windows Server 2008 R2 domain member servers, which we wish to make domain controllers. We then wish to demote the two existing WS2003 DCs. Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to demote the 2003 DCs whilst they are hosting SQL Server 2003? I can stop the instance service, but I wouldn't want to uninstall SQL Serv...

sql server 2000: most frequented tables -> script wanted
hallo, could someone please provide me a script, which throws the most frequented tables used within a sql server 2000 database? i am aware of one (see below) for sql server 2005, but due to new functionalities within sql server 2005 it can not be backported. SELECT TOP 20 db_name(database_ID), object_name(object_id), leaf_insert_count, leaf_delete_Count, leaf_update_count, range_scan_count, row_lock_count FROM sys.dm_db_index_operational_stats(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL) WHERE db_name(database_ID)='<Datenbank-Name>' ORDER BY leaf_update_count desc --oder ...

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

Error Msg
We have an server-based Access application we've been using for years. I recently issued a new computer w/XP Pro and Office 2003 including Access. I used the same shortcut switch used for all our users but on this machine I get the following error: Access failed to evaluate one or more expressions because "Enabled" was referenced in an expression. Only functions and properties that are considered to be safe are allowed in expressions when Access runs in sandbox mode. What the hell?! tks, steve You can run anything, if the code has been signed by a developer who has ...

Saving copy of e-mail on server
How do I stop saving copies of all my e-mails to my server. It's gettoing jammed. Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >How do I stop saving copies of all my e-mails to my >server. It's gettoing jammed. Thanks! >. > What kind of a server do you use? POP3, Hotmail, MSN, or IMAP? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Configuring Outlook2003 for sync with Exchange
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C3A9C6.7BAC1600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My primary machine is changing from a desktop to a laptop next week. = What I'd like to do is configure Outlook so that I can "work online" = most of the time, but when at specific times [manual selection, = scheduled time, when Outlook is shut down], I'd like it to sync my = calendar, tasks, email, contact list, and <if possible>GAL</if possible> = so I can work while no...

Bulleted lines in report
I have been looking all over to try and find out how to add bullets to a field on a report. I am using Access 2007. I can find the buttons in the ribbon but can't for the life of me figure out how to make them active. I have a field in the detail section that can have one or two records or 10 to 15. When it lists them all I would like each to have a bullet next to it. Any help would be great. Thanks Mark I couldn't find a bullet but you could place a label next to the text boxes with a Caption of M. Set the font to Wingdings. This solution is a real bomb ;-) -- Duane Ho...

Exchange 5.5 The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
Ok sorry this is the complete message. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. To: Leo Subject: Test Sent: 4/8/2004 5:17:29 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Leo on 4/8/2004 5:17 PM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=MVCHAMBER;l=MVC5-040409001729Z-863 MSEXCH:IMS:MVCHAMBER:MVCHAMBER:MVC5 3553 (000B09B6) 553 mail rejected due to excessive spam (64.168.156.138) The Echange Server IP is 64.168.156.139 Any ideas??????????? Help! It is blocking sending to anyone@expressnets.com Gen...

Bug Report
On Mac ----------- Construct linear plot in Excel including: 1. Title 2. X-axis label 3. Y-axis label Copy and Paste into Word Save and send to PC On PC ---------- Open file in Word Notice Y-axis label is gone I'm a Biochemistry student who uses Excel to do lots of number crunching. I use a 1.25G Powerbook G4 with OS X 10.4.3 and the newest version of Office. I copy plots from Excel to Word often when writing reports without any problems. Recently, I've began submitting reports electronically via email and my professor uses a PC. When he opens my files, Y-axis labels are mis...

Pivot report without the drop downs
I created my Excel 2007 Pivot table with the data I need. Now, I want to remove the Report Filter Drop Down showing lot more information than my peers or superiors need to see or even try to view. The same is true for the Rows Labels and Column Labels with the drop down. I figured out how to remove the plus signs by using the "Show/Hide" on the Options on the Ribbon. I tried the copy and paste but for some reason I can only do .txt or object. There is no paste special. Then the format is not the same. Do anyone have an answer for this problem? Thanks a million, Ty ...

Multiple Servers?
Can FRX pull data from multiple servers which are physically sitting in different locations? My company has done an acquisition. Does all of the GL data need to be sitting on the same server or can I consolidate financial statements from servers that are sitting in different cities? Thanks. Yes, It is possible to do a consolidation with data coming from different servers. In the System Specific tab of the company setup, you would require different DSNs (Data Source Names) for each server. However you mention that the servers are in different cities, so unless you have a fast link be...

VBA to export large tables from Excel to SQL Server

401k employer match in portfolio manager
Does anyone know a way to indicate employer-matching funds in the portfolio manager/account view? It would also be great if there were a way indicate vesting schedules as well. In microsoft.public.money, RobG_money wrote: >Does anyone know a way to indicate employer-matching funds in the portfolio >manager/account view? In the Account List, right click the account, and choose Account Details. > It would also be great if there were a way indicate >vesting schedules as well. Not if you didn't track them in separate investments/a separate account. I.e., if you have $...