Exchange Mailbox Missing Emails

I had a user that said they were not receiving mails on their laptop, i
logged in to OWA and the mails that were missing looked like they were there.
I then set up this user on a desktop machine and it started to sync the
folders and email.

I canceled this because i could see the missing mails.

I then got them to log back in on there laptop and mails were missing out
there inbox. Any reason for this and can i recover them?
0
gordon77 (13)

i have actually found the mails on the local pc i set up, this user works
remotely, can i upload these emails to the exchange mailbox anyway, or does
it have to be through a pst import.

"gordon77" wrote:

> I had a user that said they were not receiving mails on their laptop, i
> logged in to OWA and the mails that were missing looked like they were there.
> I then set up this user on a desktop machine and it started to sync the
> folders and email.
>
> I canceled this because i could see the missing mails.
>
> I then got them to log back in on there laptop and mails were missing out
> there inbox. Any reason for this and can i recover them?
0
gordon77 (13)
4/11/2006 11:35:02 AM
You can just copy the mails back to whichever folder you want within the
mailbox.

Nue
"gordon77" <gordon77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have actually found the mails on the local pc i set up, this user works
> remotely, can i upload these emails to the exchange mailbox anyway, or
> does
> it have to be through a pst import.
>
> "gordon77" wrote:
>
>> I had a user that said they were not receiving mails on their laptop, i
>> logged in to OWA and the mails that were missing looked like they were
>> there.
>> I then set up this user on a desktop machine and it started to sync the
>> folders and email.
>>
>> I canceled this because i could see the missing mails.
>>
>> I then got them to log back in on there laptop and mails were missing out
>> there inbox. Any reason for this and can i recover them?

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/11/2006 12:45:08 PM
yeah but can you do this on the exchange server or do you have to do it on
the desktop/laptop?

"Nuevo" wrote:

> You can just copy the mails back to whichever folder you want within the
> mailbox.
>
> Nue
> "gordon77" <gordon77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i have actually found the mails on the local pc i set up, this user works
> > remotely, can i upload these emails to the exchange mailbox anyway, or
> > does
> > it have to be through a pst import.
> >
> > "gordon77" wrote:
> >
> >> I had a user that said they were not receiving mails on their laptop, i
> >> logged in to OWA and the mails that were missing looked like they were
> >> there.
> >> I then set up this user on a desktop machine and it started to sync the
> >> folders and email.
> >>
> >> I canceled this because i could see the missing mails.
> >>
> >> I then got them to log back in on there laptop and mails were missing out
> >> there inbox. Any reason for this and can i recover them?

0
gordon77 (13)
4/11/2006 2:33:02 PM
You have to do it on the laptop/desktop and this assumes they are in a PST
file.

> yeah but can you do this on the exchange server or do you have to do it on
> the desktop/laptop?
>

> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> You can just copy the mails back to whichever folder you want within the
>> mailbox.
>>
>> Nue
>> "gordon77" <gordon77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i have actually found the mails on the local pc i set up, this user
>> >works
>> > remotely, can i upload these emails to the exchange mailbox anyway, or
>> > does
>> > it have to be through a pst import.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/11/2006 4:34:36 PM
It looks like you are going to have to do this at the local machine.

Does this user who logs in remotes use any other machine to access the
exchange server?

If so check to see if there are any rules set up in outlook.

"gordon77" wrote:

> yeah but can you do this on the exchange server or do you have to do it on
> the desktop/laptop?
>

> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
> > You can just copy the mails back to whichever folder you want within the
> > mailbox.
> >
> > Nue
> > "gordon77" <gordon77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >i have actually found the mails on the local pc i set up, this user works
> > > remotely, can i upload these emails to the exchange mailbox anyway, or
> > > does
> > > it have to be through a pst import.

0
Jude (110)

Will CRM for Outlook work when using Exchange RPC over HTTPS?
I just got RPC over HTTPS working for Outlook to access the exchange server over the internet without a VPN. Does anyone know if it's possible to make CRM work as well? Or is a VPN required? Thanks. No as CRM requires access to the SQL server, VPN access is required. "sebgood" wrote: > I just got RPC over HTTPS working for Outlook to access the exchange server > over the internet without a VPN. Does anyone know if it's possible to make > CRM work as well? Or is a VPN required? > > Thanks. ...

script to count the number of mailboxes on all storage groups on a single mail server? #2
Gurus, Is there a script I can run which can count the number of mailboxes on all storage groups on a single mail server? ...

incorrect time stamp on email
all time stamps on the sent and received messages are off by one hour. However, the system time (shown in the lower right hand corner of windows) is correct. Where can I go to check the time stamp in Outlook 2002? S. Sheldon <skeeter@amea.com> wrote: > all time stamps on the sent and received messages are off > by one hour. However, the system time (shown in the > lower right hand corner of windows) is correct. Where > can I go to check the time stamp in Outlook 2002? Make sure Windows is correctly allowing for DST (double-click on the clock in the system tray) and ...

Prevent sending emails to external address
Hi, I would like to prevent that users in our Exchange 2003 Organization send email to a specific external email address. I know that it was possible under 5.5. Under 2003 I can't find it. Does anyone know if and how I can configure it? Regards Holger Create a new mail-enabled contact in AD for the desired external address. Then, on the properties of this contact, go to the Exchange General tab and fill in the message restrictions area accordingly. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com <hgrimm@gmx.de> wrote in ...

Email
I keep getting mail from "Mail Delivery Subsystem" addressed to anyone at my website with the subject "Returned mail". Emails were never sent from my website to the address shown in the email. Anyone got any ideas what is happening? Thanks It's SPAM. Do a Google search on the subject of the email and you'll find it is common in the past few months. Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Outlook trainer and author of Productiv_IT with Outlook read my articles here: www.judygleeson.com www.acorntraining.com.au Canberra, Australia Joseph Joubert To teach is to learn twice. &...

WAB.DLL missing
Can someone help me... I have Microsoft Outlook that came with Office 2000. When I try to save a entry I've made in the addressbook, I get a message that reads, "WAB DLL" file is missing. I have reinstalled Office 2000 twice and restarted the computer, and I get the same message. How can I reinstall this WAB DLL file?? My Outlook express also does not start... I get a MSO.DLL file is missing. Is these two Outlook's somehow linked.... This is an Outlook Express problem not an Outlook problem, from which I would surmise you are using IMO mode of Outlook 2000, not the fu...

email #25
I have outlook connected to my excite account and it continues to not send my emails out. It downloads the emails but won't send. I know I have the right smtp address and so I don't know what the problem is. Can anyone help me? ...

exchange server 2000 service pack question
okay i feel dumb asking this...but how do you determine which service pack is installed on a exchange 2000 box??? i was hoping this could help...but nope...not for 2000... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B279631 thanks!!! It can be found in the properties of the server in Administrative Groups. Chris For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk >-----Original Message----- >okay i feel dumb asking this...but how do you determine which service pack >is installed on a exchange 2000 box??? > >i was hoping this could h...

MS Exchange 5.5
I'm running MS Exchange Server 5.5 and getting the following messages in the event log during start up: Unexpected error <<0xc0040000 - The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000>> occurred. Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. Error 0xfffffdfd. Error 0xfffffdfd initializing the Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store database. MSExchangeIS ...

How do I track people who did not respond to my email?
Hi all, I've sent hundreds of emails to people. Now I'm looking for a way to track the people that did not respond. I've tried the advanced search/mail fields/tracking status, where you can select "not equal to" replied, but that does not work: it doesn't select any message at all (which is wrong, I know for sure). Does anybody have any idea? Thanks a lot, Regards, Jos I just saw a new tool for this today at http://www.sperrysoftware.com. = It sets up a task for each recipient with whatever reminder you want and = automatically deletes the task when each person...

I can send email but cannot receive
Hi every one my outlook Recently can send email but cannot receive Please help me to fix this problem Best Salim what type of mail account? which version of Outlook? You might need to authenticate to send emails? Check with your email provider. Try "test account settings" and see what error message you get. "sahm" <sahm007@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0db96608-f25b-4bca-afce-e712e15c3479@e60g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi every one > my outlook Recently can send email but cannot receive > Please help me to fix this problem > > Best > Sali...

Macro to autosend email
Hi, I have been trying to record a macro which would automatically send a worksheet/a range of selected cells as an attachment. But the macro is only able to attach the file but not SEND the email. I trying to omit the keying of email address part and also the clicking of SEND button. Is it possible? And if possible, how do I go about doing it? Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I have been trying to record a macro which would automatically send a >worksheet/a range of selected cells as an attachment. But the macro is only >...

Size of outgoing email in 2007
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C7BBC1.00936390 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I am sending a new email in Outlook 2007, how do I know the size of = the email? I do not see it and can I do such? --=20 Moe Jones HVAC Service Technician Energy Equalizers Inc. Houston, Texas=20 www.EnergyEqualizers.com ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C7BBC1.00936390 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-...

Can't add additional mailboxes after upgrade 5.5-2003????
Hello, I just recently installed an Ex2003 server in order to migrate from 5.5. I am the only admin in the company so I previously had permissions to open anyones mailbox either as a new profile or as an additional mailbox option in my outlook client. When I try to do this with the handfull of users that have migrated to the new Exchange 2003 server I receive a request to log in. I tried the domain admin account, the exchange admin account, my account nothing seems to work. I must be permissioning something wrong on the new server. How do I fix this so that I have permission to everyon...

Missing fill handle
When I attempt to expand a column the drag handle is clear, I only get a 4-way arrow and a drawing box. How can I get the black drag handle and eliminate the drawing box from popping up. ...

receiving email #5
Outlook Express was working fine until I changed my login password on my ISP's dialer. Now the mail server rejects the password even though I've changed it in the properties section of Outlook. My ISP is ATTGlobal, POP5 for incoming mail. Sending mail with Outlook still works OK. You need to also change the Connections settings in IE's Internet Options. BTW, OE is not part of Office. You should post in your Windows forum. "Geoff" wrote: > Outlook Express was working fine until I changed my login > password on my ISP's dialer. Now the mail server rej...

Same sender multiples email
Dear Sir, How do we check duplidate email send by the same sender? Do we have filtering program in exchange? Regards, Rommel On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 00:01:01 -0700, Rommel Epino <RommelEpino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear Sir, > >How do we check duplidate email send by the same sender? Do we have >filtering program in exchange? > >Regards, > >Rommel Where is this sender, internal or is it an "alleged" external sender? "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote: > On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 00:01:01 -0700, Rommel Epino > <RommelEpino@discussio...

Exchange 2003 Email Addressing problems
Example: If I’m in Domain A and address an email note to someone in Domain B that has the same user name only, domain suffix is completely different. The Exchange server in A apparently looks at the email name and decides that since it has an email name that matches in it’s directory it changes the domain suffix to it’s own and the user in domain A receives the note. If the user dose not exist in A and does exit in B then the mail will send to the correct party (obviously). Added note: I’m typing the full email address Example: joe@foo.bar.com, I’m not using the check names component fo...

How to send one-page form out email and keep i to one page
I creaed a registraion form with a few places to be filled in--protected it for just filling in the blanks and sent out via email. When received, the page was NO longer one-page but two. When viewing on my computer, even sending it tomyself, the form is only one page. How can I get this form to stay as one page when sending out to others???? To preserve the layout, try putting the form fields inside (border-less) table cells whose dimensions are fixed. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Georgia Podsobiski" <Georgia Podsobiski@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Lost Win98 emails when upgrade to XP
Hi, I've just upgraded from Win98 (Ver 1) to XP and all my accumulated emails have disappeared. Bizarrely a few emails that were once received under Win98 (ver 2 ) and lost when I previously reverted to version 1 have now reappeared. It appears that XP stores emails in a different place from Win98 (ver 1) but perhaps the same place as version 2. I think the lost emails are still there in C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Express (and \mail) but may have a different extension. How can I recover these? Perhaps I can simply rename them but don't feel confide...

A new mailbox won't appear until after Information Store is restarted?
Why does this happen? I have Windows 2003 Ent. and Exchange 2003 Ent. "Neely" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b81c01c4690c$51ef7c70$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Why does this happen? > > I have Windows 2003 Ent. and Exchange 2003 Ent. Mailboxes tend not to appear in system manager till their first used. IE user logs in to it, or someone send it an email. I make it standard practice after creating a new user and mailbox, to send that user a test mail to wake up the mailbox. P.S. I have Exchange 2kSP3 Also don't forget to hit the refre...

Missing Mail Merge Label
Hi I wonder if anyone can please point me in the right direction with this one. Using Office 2003, I've created a set of 2x7 labels using Word Mail Merge fed from a data source in an Excel spreadsheet. The odd thing is that between every sheet of labels one record goes missing i.e. between the last label on sheet x and the first on sheet x+1, a record exists but no label is produced. Everything else works perfectly! Can anyone suggest why this might be happening please? I've tried everything I can think of! Thanks, V Too many �Next Record� fields. -- ...

Error receiving attatch message in exchange 2007
Hello!! Some messages with attachment send are delivered with this error. What can I do to solve this problem ? EXCHANGE 2007 STANDARD > <A88C27538D3D684583DC691BF6A1399902C25FA53D@srveX.domain.local> > <A88C27538D3D684583DC691BF6A1399902C25FA53F@srvex.domain.local> > <A88C27538D3D684583DC691BF6A1399926D2B59712@srvex.domail.local> > X-Priority: 3 > MIME-Version: 1.0 > Content-Type: multipart/related; type="text/html"; > boundary="b1_1a443991e78ad4af823e15cd107a2054" > X-Sender: <user...

Removing Exchange 5.5
I am upgrading to Exchange 2003. I have already moved all the mailboxes and I need to remove the Exchange 5.5 servers. I have two site in one organization. So far my Exchange 5.5 servers were the bridgehead servers. Do I have to remove both Exchange servers at the same time or could I leave the first ever Exchange 5.5 server still running, since the Webmail has not been upgraded and it is still connecting to this server and also the information has not been sent out to the users, and make the Exchange 2003 of the other site the bridgehead, untill we are ready to migrate the Webmail....

Distribution list contains email addresses are not listed in conta
Outlook 2002 I created several distribution lists with email addresses not found in my contacts. When I select new from the address book it gives me the option to create this in contacts. For the existing entries how do I get them into contacts without recreating them? Thanks in advance. "falcios" <falcios@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C73F01D6-147C-4D27-AABC-4F7DDBF3BC5D@microsoft.com... > Outlook 2002 > I created several distribution lists with email addresses not found in my > contacts. When I select new from the address book ...