Exchange limits warning not being issued

I set up a storage limit policy to set exchange to "limit warning at"  100000
kb (100 megabytes).  I have verified that the policy is applied to the
private information store.  I set up maximum diagnostic logging on the limit
to see the event 1077 is being issued, and it does contain the list of all
the users that have exceeded the limit.  So I know the policy is running, and
I know there are users that have exceeded the limit.  I did not set any other
limit (prohibit send or prohibit send and receive).  My problem is that the
system attendant is not sending emails to he users that have exceeded the
warning limit.  I verified this because my own mailbox is over the limit by a
good 50 megabytes, and I'm not receiving any emails, and my users aren't
reporting any.  Can anyone help?
0
netrescue (2)

Check your event viewer to see if you're getting the following event
with the corresponding error code 0x4d9 which indicates quota exceeded.

Event ID           : 1025
Source              : MSExchangeIS Private
Type                 : Warning
Category           : General
Description       : An error occurred.
Function name or description of problem: EcDoDeliverMessage
Error: 0x4d9

http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/archive/2006/04/01/566603.aspx

James Chong
MCSE + Messaging, MCTP
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

netrescue wrote:
> I set up a storage limit policy to set exchange to "limit warning at"  100000
> kb (100 megabytes).  I have verified that the policy is applied to the
> private information store.  I set up maximum diagnostic logging on the limit
> to see the event 1077 is being issued, and it does contain the list of all
> the users that have exceeded the limit.  So I know the policy is running, and
> I know there are users that have exceeded the limit.  I did not set any other
> limit (prohibit send or prohibit send and receive).  My problem is that the
> system attendant is not sending emails to he users that have exceeded the
> warning limit.  I verified this because my own mailbox is over the limit by a
> good 50 megabytes, and I'm not receiving any emails, and my users aren't
> reporting any.  Can anyone help?

0
jamestechman (1266)
7/12/2006 7:18:10 PM
I found the answer.  Ref MS article 824312.

The registry had the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\<Exchange
Server Name>\Private-<Mailbox Store GUID>\DisableQuotaMessage

was set to 1.  I changed it to 0 and it is now delivering messages.
Probably set by my predecessor.

"jamestechman@gmail.com" wrote:

> Check your event viewer to see if you're getting the following event
> with the corresponding error code 0x4d9 which indicates quota exceeded.
>
> Event ID           : 1025
> Source              : MSExchangeIS Private
> Type                 : Warning
> Category           : General
> Description       : An error occurred.
> Function name or description of problem: EcDoDeliverMessage
> Error: 0x4d9
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman/archive/2006/04/01/566603.aspx
>
> James Chong
> MCSE + Messaging, MCTP
> msexchangetips.blogspot.com
>

> netrescue wrote:
> > I set up a storage limit policy to set exchange to "limit warning at"  100000
> > kb (100 megabytes).  I have verified that the policy is applied to the
> > private information store.  I set up maximum diagnostic logging on the limit
> > to see the event 1077 is being issued, and it does contain the list of all
> > the users that have exceeded the limit.  So I know the policy is running, and
> > I know there are users that have exceeded the limit.  I did not set any other
> > limit (prohibit send or prohibit send and receive).  My problem is that the
> > system attendant is not sending emails to he users that have exceeded the
> > warning limit.  I verified this because my own mailbox is over the limit by a
> > good 50 megabytes, and I'm not receiving any emails, and my users aren't
> > reporting any.  Can anyone help?

0
netrescue (2)
7/14/2006 12:50:02 PM